PDA

View Full Version : Rose says the Bulls haven't surrounded him with the right players .....

PacerDude
02-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Reggie Rose that is.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8971475/derrick-rose-brother-says-no-trades-big-factor-return

"It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose said.

I guess riding your brother's coat-tails and cashing in off of him isn't good enough. :rolleyes:

Major Cold
02-21-2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles-00-00-58-87-89-Attached+Files/3731.ITS-A-TRAP.gif_2D00_610x0.png By Rose you mean "Reggie" Rose. Not Derek

billbradley
02-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Assuming DRose doesn't refute the comments, maybe DRose thinks the Bulls aren't good enough to match the Heat/Pacers? All the "I could miss the season" talk would make more sense...

shags
02-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Assuming DRose doesn't refute the comments, maybe DRose thinks the Bulls aren't good enough to match the Heat/Pacers? All the "I could miss the season" talk would make more sense...

Pacers?

billbradley
02-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Pacers?

I just meant Rose believes the Bulls can't make it out of the East. Swap Pacers with Knicks if you like.

shags
02-21-2013, 07:11 PM
I just meant Rose believes the Bulls can't make it out of the East. Swap Pacers with Knicks if you like.

Ok. Fair enough.

For the record, I do think the Pacers are the 2nd best team in the East, and a bad matchup for Miami. But I don't think Rose fears anyone but Miami in the East.

cgg
02-21-2013, 07:11 PM

Bulls shouldn't be worried about the Knicks. Same reasons that we should beat the Knicks. Top 3pt, transition, and iso defenses vs a team gets all their offense from that.

cgg
02-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Ok. Fair enough.

For the record, I do think the Pacers are the 2nd best team in the East, and a bad matchup for Miami. But I don't think Rose fears anyone but Miami in the East.

Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough. Nobody!

aamcguy
02-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough. Nobody!

Oddly, Bulls fans hate Tyler Hansbrough more than probably any player in the league, including LeBron.

cgg
02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Oddly, Bulls fans hate Tyler Hansbrough more than probably any player in the league, including LeBron.

What's odd about that? They had a playoff series against him.

Slick Pinkham
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Assuming DRose doesn't refute the comments...

chances are about 99% that DRose tells RRose to shut his mouth, that he can speak for himself if he wants to.

billbradley
02-21-2013, 08:00 PM
chances are about 99% that DRose tells RRose to shut his mouth, that he can speak for himself if he wants to.

IDK, I find it weird that his brother would say this w/o DRose knowing. I'm sure RRose understands how sports media works. Agents and family members can say things the player can't. Not saying this is definitely the case, but I wouldn't be so sure either way.

Heisenberg
02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Reggie Rose is a hanger on that Derrick can't cut lose because it's his brother. I don't put any stock in this.

CableKC
02-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Any Bulls turmoil that hurts them in any way...whether it be real or not.....sustains me.

J7F
02-21-2013, 08:18 PM
IDK, I find it weird that his brother would say this w/o DRose knowing. I'm sure RRose understands how sports media works. Agents and family members can say things the player can't. Not saying this is definitely the case, but I wouldn't be so sure either way.

He's probably just not too bright... Derrick seems kind of slow... It may run in the fam?

aamcguy
02-21-2013, 08:34 PM
What's odd about that? They had a playoff series against him.

Well in a 5 game first round series in which the Bulls won, Tyler scored 11 ppg on .333 shooting in about 33 minutes per game.
In a 5 game conference finals series in which the Bulls lost, LeBron scored 26 ppg with nearly 7 apg on .45 shooting (45 mpg).

Then the heat went to the Finals again the next year, both years in which the Bulls had the NBA's (not East's) best record.

Derek2k3
02-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Well in a 5 game first round series in which the Bulls won, Tyler scored 11 ppg on .333 shooting in about 33 minutes per game.
In a 5 game conference finals series in which the Bulls lost, LeBron scored 26 ppg with nearly 7 apg on .45 shooting (45 mpg).

Then the heat went to the Finals again the next year, both years in which the Bulls had the NBA's (not East's) best record.

It aint Tylers production that pisses people off.

aamcguy
02-21-2013, 08:42 PM
It aint Tylers production that pisses people off.

But normally guys with Tyler's production don't generate the reactions that he does with Bulls' fans. That's what the odd thing about it is, he's a bench player who generates this animosity within 1 particular fanbase. People from other teams don't dislike him as much, and he's the same guy against everybody.

cgg
02-21-2013, 08:44 PM
But normally guys with Tyler's production don't generate the reactions that he does with Bulls' fans. That's what the odd thing about it is, he's a bench player who generates this animosity within 1 particular fanbase. People from other teams don't dislike him as much, and he's the same guy against everybody.

The Knicks fans hate him. The Raptors fans wanted him suspended after our last game.

Bulls fans hated Jeff Foster too.

aamcguy
02-21-2013, 08:47 PM
The Knicks fans hate him. The Raptors fans wanted him suspended after our last game.

Bulls fans hated Jeff Foster too.

Well that's cuz he took Valanciunas and just threw him to the ground. If there was a 1 game suspension, it wouldn't have been shocking to me heh.

And I haven't seen the Hansbrough hate from the Knicks, though it doesn't mean it's not there. I normally see them worked up about Danny Granger. :laugh:

Well, that is, until some ridiculous shumpert for granger fan dreams turned rumors started circulating.

cgg
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Heat fans hate him too. Probably their players too.

cgg
02-21-2013, 08:50 PM
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1232139

cdash
02-21-2013, 08:52 PM

The first post is classic:

the guy's just out there injurying ppl
SMH!!!!

cgg
02-21-2013, 08:57 PM
The first post is classic:

The widespread hatred people have for him is at least 50% of why I like him.

aamcguy
02-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Heat fans hate him too. Probably their players too.

Like I already said, the toronto fans have a right to hope for a suspension on that play.

And Heat fans don't go out of their way to list Hansbrough as a "hated" player. They reserve that for the celtics' stars, the bulls stars, the knicks' players, and probably again Granger for us.

I'm not saying Hansbrough is a loved player across the league, I was saying it's odd that they would put him above the best player in the league who has done more talking, more scoring, more damage, and more physical play against them than Hansbrough ever has in addition to being the main reason the Bulls didn't make it to the finals in 2011.

cgg
02-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Heat fans go out of their way to say he's not worth hating, while bringing up how much they hate him all the time.

aamcguy
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Heat fans go out of their way to say he's not worth hating, while bringing up how much they hate him all the time.

Ok, your crusade to tell me how Hansbrough is the most hated man in the league has been a stunning success. I now agree completely with you despite the fact that you're arguing against a point I didn't make.

Either way, I'm done arguing. Happy Friday*! :)

* For me anyway, my weekend's already started. :)

cgg
02-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Ok, your crusade to tell me how Hansbrough is the most hated man in the league has been a stunning success. I now agree completely with you despite the fact that you're arguing against a point I didn't make.

Either way, I'm done arguing. Happy Friday*! :)

* For me anyway, my weekend's already started. :)

I wasn't really arguing anything and I forget how this started. :-p

rock747
02-21-2013, 09:50 PM

Pretty sure everyone hates tyler hansbrough in the NBA except for the Pacers and their fans.

Kstat
02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Since Reggie rose doesn't play for the Chicago bulls, this thread title makes no sense....

Midcoasted
02-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Regardless of who said it, I hope that Rose actually thinks this. Almost nothing would be sweeter than to see this Bulls team implode and for us to dominate them for years to come. All their fans that flooded the Fieldhouse and talked all that smack about my beloved Pacers deserve it.

Kstat
02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
...and somewhere in Chicago there's a bulls fan saying "I hope Indiana implodes soon. That would be sweet. They deserve it for (insert silly illogical justification here)."

Generally speaking, I think there's a line you don't cross.

Also, if there weren't so many pacers/bulls tickets available to bulls fans, there wouldn't be so many bulls fans at Conseco. Don't blame them buying what was available.

Midcoasted
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
...and somewhere in Chicago there's a bulls fan saying "I hope Indiana is really that racist so the team implodes soon. That would be sweet."

Generally speaking, I think there's a line you don't cross.

Also, if there weren't so many tickets available to bulls fans, there wouldn't be so many bulls fans at Conseco.

The day hoards of drunken Pacers fans invade the United Center and disrespect everyone in sight, you will have a point. But the Indianapolis area has a seventh of the population of Chicago, is not near as affluent, and the Pacers are not allowed to market outside of 75 miles from the city. so that will never happen.

A Bulls fan hoping something happens to the Pacers because of some false perception has no comparison to me wanting the Bulls to fall because I despise the arrogant Chicago fan base and most of their dirty, whiny players.

And I don't blame them for buying the tickets. But I can hold disdain for them the way they treated our fans. I don't want to have to dig up the post game thread where a guy with a disability was being verbally assaulted by Bulls fans. Indianapolis fans have a level of class Chicago fans can not understand and I have every right to dislike their franchise for that.

Kstat
02-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Ironically, a bulls fan once got stabbed to death at a pacers game. Do we really need to go over every little thing before you get over your holier-than-thou attitude that pacers fans are somehow better human beings than fans of other teams? How delusional does one have to be to actually buy that nonsense?

Pacers fans are just as capable of getting drunk as anyone else. You know why you won't see it happening at the united center? Because the bulls fans buy them first.

Hey, you're free to hate Chicago bulls fans, but if you're going to hate them, you're going to have to hate pacers fans first for not buying up more tickets....

Indianapolis fans have a level of class Chicago fans can not understand and I have every right to dislike their franchise for that.
That is awesome.

....so, tell me, how do Indianapolis fans display class by not attending games for a first place team...

I hate to break this to you, but putting on a pacers jersey does not transform you into a better human being any more than putting on a bulls jersey makes you a rotten one. If that's what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better about the championship discrepancy, so be it.

Midcoasted
02-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Ironically, a bulls fans once got stabbed to death at a pacers game. Do we really need to go over every little thing before you get over your holier-than-thou attitude that pacers fans are somehow better human beings than fans of other teams?

Pacers fans are just as capable of getting drunk as anyone else. You know why you won't see it happening at the united center? Because the bulls fans buy them first.

You make a good argument. Damn you Kstat I can't ever win with you. lol I'm sure there are great Bulls fans too but I would still bet overall the Pacers fans are more respectful than the Chicago fans. One crazy isolated incident does not change my opinion. And if the Bulls played in Milwaukee and the Bucks played in Chicago those attendance figures would be flipped. Chicago sells out games simply because they have such a large market, MJ played there, and they are still good.

This does not change the fact I despise the Bulls because of their players. Their bandwagon fans just reached that level with me the past few years. In no way do I hate their loyal, respectful fan base. I do not see what's wrong with hoping they fall hard to lottery land again. This is a sport and I root for the Pacers exclusively. I view other teams as enemies and threats. Obviously I am a bigger Pacer fan than I am a fan of the game, and just because that does not ring true with you it does not make my comments deplorable. I genuinely despise the Bulls and me relishing in their downfall would not cross any lines. It is a game and all the Bulls players get paid big bucks regardless, I think they will be just fine falling to the bottom.

Kstat
02-21-2013, 11:42 PM
I would bet pacers fans are as a whole more reasonable as well. Because there are many, many, many more bulls fans. As a result, there are more jerks. Also as a result, the bulls sell out even when they are terrible, and the pacers have attendance issues....well, they almost always have attendance issue.

Midcoasted
02-21-2013, 11:53 PM
I would bet pacers fans are as a whole more reasonable as well. Because there are many, many, many more bulls fans. As a result, there are more jerks.

You could be right. But this is not an exact science. Bulls fans really could be as a whole more rude and disrespectful towards opposing fans than Pacers fans are. I could be right or you could be right. We are just talking hypotheticals. The truth probably sits somewhere in the middle. Maybe the Bulls are just slightly more disrespectful. Milwaukee fans don't think too highly of them either so Pacers fans are not alone in this notion that invading Bulls fans are super rude. As much as I hate the Patriots franchise, I would have to say they have a really respectable fan base for the most part, and that is really surprising to me seeing that they play in Boston. I just can't say the same from my encounters with the Bulls fan base, but that does not mean I am right, I very well could be wrong.

Kstat
02-21-2013, 11:56 PM
This circle could go around forever....

For the record, NBA fans prior to the early 90's threw everything but the kitchen sink on occasion. In the 60's sixer fans tossed firecrackers on to the floor. It's one of those dirty little secrets the nba doesn't talk about (like fans getting stabbed to death).

cgg
02-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Seems to me that a lot of big market fans are dismissive of smaller markets, so that's probably a contributing factor. They are rude because they think your team is worthless and you're dumb for supporting them.

Kstat
02-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Seems to me that a lot of big market fans are dismissive of smaller markets, so that's probably a contributing factor. They are rude because they think your team is worthless and you're dumb for supporting them.

I think it's a good thing that smaller market fans are in no way resentful of bigger markets, and accuse them of being dumb sheep that only support winners (totally unlike Indianapolis BTW)...

cgg
02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
I think it's a good thing that smaller market fans are in no way resentful of bigger markets, and accuse them of being dumb sheep that only support winners (totally unlike Indianapolis BTW)...

I didn't say anything about winning and I'm not resentful. When I go to other teams forums when we play them the big ones are much more likely to act like the Pacers don't exist. It's pretty entertaining.

BlueNGold
02-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Man, all I can say is I'm glad I'm not a Piston fan about now. I'd be raw too.

As for RRose, he's reflecting his brother's thoughts and probably the entire Bulls team. They know their team has lost a step and the Pacers have passed them by.

cgg
02-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Man, all I can say is I'm glad I'm not a Piston fan about now. I'd be raw too.

As for RRose, he's reflecting his brother's thoughts and probably the entire Bulls team. They know their team has lost a step and the Pacers have passed them by.

You have over 11,000 posts and have been around since 2005 and think Kstat is Kstat because the pistons are rebuilding? :laugh:

Midcoasted
02-22-2013, 12:40 AM
You have over 11,000 posts and have been around since 2005 and think Kstat is Kstat because the pistons are rebuilding? :laugh:

I was a lurker on this board for years before I was poster and I have to say that Kstat is indeed just this way naturally. I too have took it to him about the state of the Pistons, but he is a good poster to have around. As much as I disagree with him I really enjoy his insight at times, even though there are times where I just have to walk away because he will just draw you into a perpetual argument you can never win.

cdash
02-22-2013, 12:58 AM
I was a lurker on this board for years before I was poster and I have to say that Kstat is indeed just this way naturally. I too have took it to him about the state of the Pistons, but he is a good poster to have around. As much as I disagree with him I really enjoy his insight at times, even though there are times where I just have to walk away because he will just draw you into a perpetual argument you can never win.

I used to bust his chops quite a bit. Then I moved to the Detroit market and spent a great deal of my life in the area. I can safely say it's understandable to be a jaded individual up here.

PR07
02-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Just from my experience, it seems like Chicago fans in general have some superiority complex about them.

cdash
02-22-2013, 01:00 AM
In all seriousness, it goes both ways: Chicago fans are douchey and see themselves and their city as superior to Pacer/Indianapolis fans and Indianapolis fans have a little brother type of attitude accordingly.

ChicagoJ
02-22-2013, 01:27 AM

Yes they do. And they "love" it when I tell them the only difference between Tyler and Noah is that one of them has wild hair.

Don't nitpick this assessment. I just need to say it with enough conviction to cause their heads to explode. Its fun.

ChicagoJ
02-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Just from my experience, it seems like Chicago fans in general have some superiority complex about them.

We're about three weeks away from the first of a series of articles that appear each spring explaining why Da Bears are even money favorites to with their 48th consecutive Super Bowl. When the spring previous is over shortly after the draft and free agent fiasco, they'll move on to why this is finally the Cubs magical year. That will continue until mid July, when the Cubs are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and the Bears training camp starts.

You just don't understand how much these people are obnoxious homers until you live here for a decade. (Yes, I kinda want my old life back!!)

These people actually believe Urlacher is a top-ten of all time LB. (Briggs might be, that's different.) There haven't been many seasons that Urlacher would have even started for the Steelers LB quartet. I was told a decade ago that Kordell Stewart would be the Bears' missing piece.

They're actually too smart for this. I think its a mental virus that spreads in the baby wards of the hospitals up here. Thankfully, Jay's_Daughter@Section222 was born in Indianapolis four months before we moved up here and seems to be immune to the disease.

Midcoasted
02-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Yes they do. And they "love" it when I tell them the only difference between Tyler and Noah is that one of them has wild hair.

Don't nitpick this assessment. I just need to say it with enough conviction to cause their heads to explode. Its fun.

Since Noah plays in Thibs system, you very well could be right. Tyler would be scary in that system. Maybe like real scary. Noah is good don't get me wrong, I just have to wonder about that system at times though. They make everyone look good. This is why I fear letting him walk the most. He could go to a team like that and kick our *** for years and it would suck because I love the guy for the way he puts it all on the line every game for us.

He's the Jeff Foster type, and I am still puzzled why the fan base hates and won't embrace him. He has a better offensive game by a mile than Jeff, though Jeff in his day was a better offensive rebounder and defender. But Jeff was one of the best in the league in his prime at rebounding and defending. He was just a total liability on offense, which Tyler is not because he gets to the line more than anyone on the team and hits them at a good clip. Foster could never do that, and he never had the MIA 15 footer that used to be money for Tyler, and maybe one day will be again.

cgg
02-22-2013, 01:50 AM
marginally better offensive rebounder????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

cgg
02-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Jeff Foster is #4 all time in offensive rebound percent!!!

Midcoasted
02-22-2013, 01:55 AM
marginally better offensive rebounder????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

You guys on PD are too quick! I went back and read it and wanted to put significantly, but I just deleted marginally all together. But you caught me on it. Jeff was way better than Tyler at offensive rebounds. And Tyler is still good at it, Jeff was literally one of the best ever. I'd say Jeff and Tyler's defense is close though. But Tyler seems like he is even better at getting under peoples skin and pressuring the 3 point line.

Point is I put marginally because I think their defense is about even, but I removed it because deep down I knew that was selling Foster short on the O rebounds. That dude was a beast, it was just laughable at times how many he got in the amount of time that he got them.

cgg
02-22-2013, 02:00 AM
You guys on PD are too quick! I went back and read it and wanted to put significantly, but I just deleted marginally all together. But you caught me on it. Jeff was way better than Tyler at offensive rebounds. And Tyler is still good at it, Jeff was literally one of the best ever. I'd say Jeff and Tyler's defense is close though. But Tyler seems like he is even better at getting under peoples skin and pressuring the 3 point line.

Point is I put marginally because I think their defense is about even, but I removed it because deep down I knew that was selling Foster short on the O rebounds. That dude was a beast, it was just laughable at times how many he got in the amount of time that he got them.

I think my brain was about to explode. lol

Midcoasted
02-22-2013, 02:05 AM
I think my brain was about to explode. lol

You have to give Tyler props though, he reminds me of Jeff at times with some of the rebounds he bullys people for. He also has gotten a lot better at tip outs and he does not get an official stat for that, but it is as good as an offensive rebound in my book.

cgg
02-22-2013, 02:12 AM
You have to give Tyler props though, he reminds me of Jeff at times with some of the rebounds he bullys people for. He also has gotten a lot better at tip outs and he does not get an official stat for that, but it is as good as an offensive rebound in my book.

He's a significant part of us being a top rebounding team. I'm always in awe of how many fouls he draws though. It's completely ridiculous.

Will Galen
02-22-2013, 04:33 AM
Since Reggie rose doesn't play for the Chicago bulls, this thread title makes no sense....

A lot of thread titles on here are wrong, messed up, or make no sense.

Will Galen
02-22-2013, 04:53 AM

I think it okay to kibitz a buddy in good fun, but some people go out of their way to kibitz people they don't know and it soon turns to hatred on both sides. Such is the Internet!

Some people think it's fun to tear other teams down. All teams have such fans.

02-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Reggie Rose is a balla...

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/54/a38a96f3b4bc4609b02004728a7be3f3/l.jpg

http://triplefacepalm.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/austin-powers-yeah-baby-yeah.jpg?w=604

Girl second from the left and girl on the far right have purty mouths. :-o

The only one that looks like they have any class at all is the girl on the far left. Reggie Rose don't want none of that.

Edit: Tom Haverford's reaction to Reggie Rose and his lady friends hahaha

MyFavMartin
02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Last time I checked, the Bulls are doing a pretty damn good job without DRose and had two make the All Star team this year in Deng and Noah. And Boozer was getting some mention as a candidate. Maybe they need to deflect some concerns about DRose's long term health/ankles?

MyFavMartin
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
As for Tyler, most teams hate him. He's a very physical guy and brings lots of energy. Oh, and there's the Carolina thing too, so if you hate UNC... just another cherry on top for some.

Sadly, I expect Tyler will be on another team next year as we try to keep DWest while staying out of luxury tax land.

graphic-er
02-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Since Noah plays in Thibs system, you very well could be right. Tyler would be scary in that system. Maybe like real scary. Noah is good don't get me wrong, I just have to wonder about that system at times though. They make everyone look good. This is why I fear letting him walk the most. He could go to a team like that and kick our *** for years and it would suck because I love the guy for the way he puts it all on the line every game for us.

He's the Jeff Foster type, and I am still puzzled why the fan base hates and won't embrace him. He has a better offensive game by a mile than Jeff, though Jeff in his day was a better offensive rebounder and defender. But Jeff was one of the best in the league in his prime at rebounding and defending. He was just a total liability on offense, which Tyler is not because he gets to the line more than anyone on the team and hits them at a good clip. Foster could never do that, and he never had the MIA 15 footer that used to be money for Tyler, and maybe one day will be again.

I would not be surprised to see a Tyler Hansbrough end up in Chicago next season. With Boozer always getting a bad rap and Gibson playing so well. Tyler would be a perfect back up for them.

Hicks
02-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I think the best place for Tyler is a team that likes to get out and run a lot.

spreedom
02-22-2013, 01:33 PM

To me, Chicago sports fans are just a little bit worse than Boston sports fans in that they think the sports world revolves around them and their teams. I had the misfortune of going to college in Minnesota with hundreds of imports from Chicago. Things got heated.

ChicagoJ
02-22-2013, 01:35 PM

Well, if he could hit his putback attempts at a higher rate his ORs would have gone down.

He had a lot 1-3 FGA, 4 OR possessions over his career. If he missed again, he might've gotten five ORs on the possession. Nice hustle, sure, but some pretty bad basketball...

15th parallel
02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
I think the best place for Tyler is a team that likes to get out and run a lot.

I agree. Tyler may not have the long reach or the height advantage, but he's really mobile and runs fast for a PF and can play the fast break well on most cases that I saw him play. He'll thrive in a transition-type of offense.