PDA

View Full Version : What if Larry traded the whole team?

stipo
12-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Los Angeles mentioned the fact that WHOLE FRANCHISES have been traded before, and that got me to thinking...

What if the entire Pacer roster was traded for another teams roster? Which team would you want in Pacers' blue and gold if not the present one?

One twist though- The Pacers keep OUR best player, Jermaine, and the other team gets to keep THEIR best player (Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, whoever).

So there it is, any ideas?:einstein:

--------

and YES, Reggie is traded too, deal with it!:laugh: (this will probably be the thread killer).

Unclebuck
12-20-2004, 05:07 PM
I was going to say the Spurs, but without Duncan, I can't choose them, then I thought of the Suns, but then I thought no.

So that leaves me with the Pistons, yes the Pistons. Don't ask me why

DisplacedKnick
12-20-2004, 05:17 PM
The Suns. Assuming their best player is Stoudamire you'd have a top PG, JJ is really coming on and Shawn Marian to go with JO. You keep Rick as coach to get them to play D - that would be one tough team. Of course so would Phoenix.

Wait a minute - the question was who I WANT - not who would make the best team - New Orleans. They keep Baron, you get - uh, who do you get??? :D

Los Angeles
12-20-2004, 05:19 PM
I've got 2 picks, and have to shelve my east coast loyalty for a couple of West teams.

I'll take the Suns sans Stoudemire. A JO/Nash combo would be sick.

OR

Sacto without Webber - O'Neal and Miller II back together again, running and pounding.

Ragnar
12-20-2004, 05:41 PM
LA whats the deal with your avatar?

Los Angeles
12-20-2004, 06:00 PM
LA whats the deal with your avatar?It's Lindsay Lohan's California drivers license and AmEx black card (the kind of card you can BUY - not just charter - a private jet with, no questions asked). It's been floating around the net for a few weeks, and proven to be an authentic scan. I guess she lost her wallet or her purse, depending on the story you want to believe.

SoupIsGood
12-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I don't get it. What's the big deal?

Kegboy
12-20-2004, 06:05 PM
My first thought was Sac-town. Them and the Suns are the only teams that jump out at me.

However, to be perfectly honest, I don't think I'd do such a trade. Neither one of those teams has a bench worth a damn.

ChicagoJ
12-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I'd still do the Spurs. Manu, Brent Barry and Tony Parker teamed JO. :drool:

Los Angeles
12-20-2004, 06:09 PM
I don't get it. What's the big deal?*Apologies to stipo for the thread hijack*

There is no big deal. I got an email forwarded to me, and thought the picture was funny enough to be avatar worthy.

*carry on*

SjA3837
12-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Houston, you'd either get Tmac or Ming.

Will Galen
12-20-2004, 07:52 PM
The Suns. Assuming their best player is Stoudamire you'd have a top PG, JJ is really coming on and Shawn Marian to go with JO. You keep Rick as coach to get them to play D - that would be one tough team. Of course so would Phoenix.

What he said!

unstandable
12-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Nice try but Nash is clearly the best player on the Suns.

Kegboy
12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking.

SycamoreKen
12-20-2004, 10:39 PM

That's true today, but if they had to keep one and we were not sending J.O., then keeping A. S. makes more sense.