PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Paul George apology thread (if everyone is honest, I won't be the only one in here)

Banta
02-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Dear Paul,

I was wrong. I said you didn't have it in you. In fact, I said you could only be a success in the NBA if the coaches let you focus on defense and rebounding. I said you shouldn't be asked to be a scorer, because you couldn't (according to me) handle it. Tayshaun Prince's name may have come up. Maybe. Ok, it did.

Its possible that I've never been this wrong about anything else in my whole life, brother.

Kind regards,

Banta

Steagles
02-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Dear Paul, I was also wrong. I was so angry when we drafted you that I threw the remote at the TV. I thought you had a very limited future in the NBA, and… Well…

I have never been happier to be wrong!!!!!

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Psyren
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Dear Paul,

I stated multiple times you didn't have the "it factor" to be an elite player.

Boy was I wrong.

Nuntius
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Paul George, thanks for proving me that you're better than what it was realistic to think :)

Also, thanks for being an awesome person. That gift to the employees was a great gesture.

I believe that you can still improve in several aspects but thanks for exceeding my expectations. It's appreciated :D

duke dynamite
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
I am going use this thread to take the opportunity to blast Jim O'Brien.

&#($$&^!?=# +(^#$)%(# YOU, JIM! YOU BENCHED HIM HIS ROOKIE YEAR. YOU HAD A PANDORA'S BOX OF AWESOMENESS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. SUCKS TO BE YOU.

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
I'll be 100% honest:

ALL HAIL T-BIRD! :D

Sollozzo
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't have anything to apologize for:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?77788-Odd-Thoughts-Warriors-came-out-to-play&p=1538770&viewfull=1#post1538770

:cool:

Hicks
02-21-2013, 01:07 PM
By the time of our first west coast trip, I thought I was wrong about seeing star potential in him. Coming into training camp, I knew that if he was going to break out, it was almost certainly going to be this season, so at that point (WC trip) I had pretty much given up hope for that.

I believed in him / his potential almost the entire time, but by then I was thinking "he just is what he is". Not that I was ready to trade him (or wanted to), but I was just at the point where I thought to myself, "Stop waiting for something that isn't coming."

Dr. Awesome
02-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Dear Paul,

Boy was I wrong.

Cosigned.

To be fair, how were we to know when he was so passive early on? :-p

Dr. Awesome
02-21-2013, 01:14 PM
By the time of our first west coast trip, I thought I was wrong about seeing star potential in him. Coming into training camp, I knew that if he was going to break out, it was almost certainly going to be this season, so at that point (WC trip) I had pretty much given up hope for that.

I believed in him / his potential almost the entire time, but by then I was thinking "he just is what he is". Not that I was ready to trade him (or wanted to), but I was just at the point where I thought to myself, "Stop waiting for something that isn't coming."
Yea, I always knew he had the potential, I didn't thin he had the killer instinct though.

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?54487-Thunderbird-s-analysis-of-Paul-George

T-Bird absolutely NAILED his analysis of PG (which should bode well for Orlando as well) and its becoming more and more accurate all the time. I love it!

pacersgroningen
02-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Brandon Rush says sorry too!

spazzxb
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
I am going use this thread to take the opportunity to blast Jim O'Brien.

&#($$&^!?=# +(^#$)%(# YOU, JIM! YOU BENCHED HIM HIS ROOKIE YEAR. YOU HAD A PANDORA'S BOX OF AWESOMENESS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. SUCKS TO BE YOU.

get over it, this board was utter garbage when JOB was the scapegoat don't dirty it up by bring his name back into discussion. Lets the past be the past. Does anyone really want to discuss Paul's weaknesses from 2 years ago?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Johanvil
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Dear Paul,

Boy was I wrong.

I said it on the other thread but oh what the hell. The above quote completely covers me.

naptownmenace
02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Dear Paul,

I'm sorry I said that your potential was closer to Trevor Ariza than Tracy McGrady. However you have to admit that you two look like you could be brothers!

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Trevor+Ariza+Miami+Heat+v+New+Orleans+Hornets+xGuW k1TB90bl.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-nbateams/release/pacers/sites/pacers/files/george-3pointer.jpg?1360283250

Ace E.Anderson
02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Dear Mr. Pacer,

I'm sincerely sorry for saying that because you lacked a true killer instinct, you were essentially going to become the next Andre Iguodala. Though I've always defended you and said you would be better than the likes of Gordon Hayward and Tayshaun Prince, I admittedly never ever thought you would be THIS good.

Why I ever doubted you, I will never know, but now I'm ready to embrace you for the true all-star player you are.

duke dynamite
02-21-2013, 02:40 PM
get over it, this board was utter garbage when JOB was the scapegoat don't dirty it up by bring his name back into discussion. Lets the past be the past. Does anyone really want to discuss Paul's weaknesses from 2 years ago?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/20b63776dd9cec30f146727cca7d5c36/tumblr_mhviwpTKHV1qbn6jwo2_500.png

Coopdog23
02-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Dear Paul,
I'm sorry I yelled at you every playoff game last year when you didn't drive to the hole or make a right pass. I appreciate you so much now and I regret all of my rage towards you.

Love, Coopdog23

Pacergeek
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry I said that as rookies: Landry Fields, Patrick Patterson, Gary Neal were better than you. Thanks for making me look like a complete fool

spazzxb
02-21-2013, 03:05 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/20b63776dd9cec30f146727cca7d5c36/tumblr_mhviwpTKHV1qbn6jwo2_500.png

The name just brings back bad memories. Not going to debate the past, but like most rookies PG wasn't ready. He was lost on defense(although still great 1 on 1), heck he was a couple inches shorter. Don't care about job(be glad to never see his name again) however I don't like the residual hate clouding everyone's since of history about our actual players.

cgg
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
When can we start the official Danny Granger apology thread?

BornReady
02-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Dear Paul George
I was very happy Utah picked Gordon Hayward so that we were able to get you.
Deuces
BornReady

Mac_Daddy
02-21-2013, 03:30 PM
When can we start the official Danny Granger apology thread?

I'm guessing the turnaround on that one will probably be a few weeks after he returns, but instinct tells me it will be after the playoffs before the "Apology" or "I told you so" thread will happen.

As for Paul, I never doubted the kid. I've always seen something special in him. I own 3 jerseys and I don't buy those unless I really, really like it. Peyton, German National Football, and a Paul George.

duke dynamite
02-21-2013, 03:31 PM
The name just brings back bad memories. Not going to debate the past, but like most rookies PG wasn't ready. He was lost on defense(although still great 1 on 1), heck he was a couple inches shorter. Don't care about job(be glad to never see his name again) however I don't like the residual hate clouding everyone's since of history about our actual players.

What?

DEEman
02-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I understand why you created this topic. And im saying sorry to. So, sorry.I love the way he plays recently! His awareness of 'aggressiveness' pays off has grown rapidly!

Im saying sorry, but imo we dont have to. You can judge a player by looking at his skills. Does he have true superstar talent or not? Thats something you can see with your own eyes.. And most of us noticed those superstar skills on both ends of the court.. But a superstar needs also a true way of thinking like one...A guy with superstar skills and a bad head on it, is most of the time just a really really good player, but nothing more..And looking in a guys head is a bit harder to do. Does a guy can be a true leader? You can only be sure if the guys needs to step up.. Wel PG did..

Most of us doubted. Can we blame ourselfs? We all saw him playing with this passiveness on the offensive end. We all saw a bit of Brush in him? Thats something he did and we almost could not think otherwise than "PG lacks the killer instinct to be a superstar instead of really really good player.." But he got tested by the absence of Granger. He passed this test. He showed himself he is one. And we noticed!

spazzxb
02-21-2013, 03:42 PM
What?

That hard to understand? It wasn't propability. Seemed pretty clear.

duke dynamite
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
That hard to understand? It wasn't propability. Seemed pretty clear.

Don't take this personally, but there are too many run-on sentences in your responses. Hard to read.

spazzxb
02-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Don't take this personally, but there are too many run-on sentences in your responses. Hard to read.

I will never take offense, about sentence structure, while posting from a cellphone.

CompACE
02-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Dear Paul - I never doubted you, and I always thought you were awesome. Just wanted that on record :)

cdash
02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Haha, you losers, I always said he would be great no one believed me but like always I am right on everything.

Peck
02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
I knew the talent & potential was there, but I had very serious doubts about killer instinct and drive to be a star player. In fact as we all know early this season I thought his character had been shown because he was not only not stepping up to the task but he was shrinking from it. To my credit the zero point game was not the first bad game he had, remember the game before in Sacramento he had 5 (or something close to it). In fact he actually had a miserable west coast trip.

But he more than proved me wrong. He has not only played at the next level, he is playing at the star level bordering on elite status. Defensively he is playing at an elite level right now.

So yes, I was dead wrong.

daschysta
02-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I always believed he would get to where he was today at some point. I was wrong about how quickly he'd be here though. He's been even better in February than January and December, which is amazing (he's at 20.8 ppg 8.4 rpg 4.8 apg so far on 45/40 from the field) I thought these numbers would be something he'd approach when he was 24 or 25, entering his prime, now I believe he can be a legitimate elite player someday, and his play over the past 37 games hasn't been far off from that plateau truth be told. So, sorry I underestimated you guy, even if I thought I was being a sunshiner in my predictions.

CableKC
02-21-2013, 07:21 PM
I have zero problem with admitting that I didn't see what many of you saw in PG prior to the GSW/Indy game....up to that point....he didn't have that killer instinct and willingness to take over a game.

BlueNGold
02-21-2013, 07:23 PM
I never gave up believing he could turn into something but I began to believe he may not be as good as I thought initially. I became impatient and ticked with his Brandon Rush-ish performances and started piling on him. But at no point did I really throw in the towel.

BUT as early as last fall I honestly did not think he would ever be as good as he is right now. I cannot imagine how good he will be in a few years.

Sookie
02-22-2013, 12:50 PM
I always thought PG had "special player" potential, from the second I saw him in summer league. I didn't question his head either. I think because of Rush people get concerned, but I always saw a kid waiting for his turn, and I don't consider respecting vets a bad thing. He always came off as someone with a very good work ethic.

However, what I was completely wrong about..was..I thought PG was too raw to really be "great" this season. I figured he'd really blossom offensively around the age of 25.

And the kid completely amazes me..because he's been darn close to elite this season..and yet when I watch him, I see how he can clean up his game in so many ways. He's got potential to be better than what I thought.