PDA

View Full Version : Paul G

Romsey31
02-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Hey folks. Not one to start threads often but wanted to mention something my friend a heat fan said last night.

I have been very critical of pg in the past. Knowing the only thing that was stopping him from being great was himself.

However last night watching the game, my friend a pacer hate, heat lover sat with his mouth open. (The same guy that said the Knicks would trash us last night) said:

Wait for it

"WoW. Paul George has arrived!"

That my dear friends. Said it all. Paul George is a superstar. We have a superstar. You know the one we've been trying to trade everyone including our wives /gfs and kids for (especially me)

Paul George has arrived!!

MnvrChvy
02-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Yeah. A few threads down there is one about a Jason Whitlock column. I got suckered into reading the comments, and there is just a crazy number of Heat fans that just completely dismiss Paul George and the Pacers. They talk like they've not seen him play since the last playoff series. I CANNOT WAIT until we take em down in the ECF. I know that's asking a lot of George so I'm not hanging my heart on that or anything, but I truly believe they have the potential to reach the Finals this year.

After last nights game I may need someone to smack me back into reality.

Indra
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah. A few threads down there is one about a Jason Whitlock column. I got suckered into reading the comments, and there is just a crazy number of Heat fans that just completely dismiss Paul George and the Pacers. They talk like they've not seen him play since the last playoff series. I CANNOT WAIT until we take em down in the ECF. I know that's asking a lot of George so I'm not hanging my heart on that or anything, but I truly believe they have the potential to reach the Finals this year.

After last nights game I may need someone to smack me back into reality.

I don't think you're too far removed from reality. The Pacers have shown that if they're healthy, and if they play within the confines of their system, they can run anybody out of the gym. And to think that we haven't even seen this team with Danny Granger yet. The Pacers, barring significant injuries or a disastrous slump, have as good a chance as anybody of taking the East this year. Think about that for a minute. I remember when the highlight of Pacers games for me was Troy Murphy hitting a big trailing three, and that was just a couple years ago. Now we're potentially talking Finals, and starting All-Stars at four positions.

Romsey31
02-21-2013, 10:19 AM
In Anguilla everyone calls lance "choke sign". I love that name.. Choke sign is fearless!

Coopdog23
02-21-2013, 02:37 PM
He now knows what he has to do because of Granger's injury. He knows he has to be aggressive, but at the same time learn to be discipline and work even harder to be a superstar.

Kid Minneapolis
02-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Never understood people who were critical or upset with PG. He's 22, he was 20-21 when he was learning the ropes, who expects a 21 year old to come into the NBA and immediately dominate the league? Of course he needed time, and he still has some growing to do.

Trader Joe
02-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Not to mention even if he was only a 14-6-3 guy forever that is still really good.

DEEman
02-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Never understood people who were critical or upset with PG. He's 22, he was 20-21 when he was learning the ropes, who expects a 21 year old to come into the NBA and immediately dominate the league? Of course he needed time, and he still has some growing to do.
Because most people believe a superstar is one from the point they get drafted.. And the problem is, most of them are quite right in most situations.. How many times has PG his stats been compared to the stats of Pierce and Tmac and some other stars? PG wasnt the scoringpunch..And a superstar needs to put points on the board.... Most superstars have this additude and/or have this great unhuman sportsbody and they do their thing right away.. And some needs to learn to be one. Well, and to really know they are one.. Like pg

And you know what, i rather have a superstar like PG who isnt full of his self and needs to learn to be the real true star, than someone who knows it from the age of '14' and showes it off.

Kid Minneapolis
02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't agree with that... TMac was far from a superstar when he entered the league, took him his fourth season to even sniff that title. Pierce came in and immediately had a pretty nice effect, but he wasn't "The Truth" until season 3 or 4. Rarely does a guy come in and immediately dominate and sustain it for a career. They mostly go through growth periods, usually 2-3 years. Most people don't expect a junior #10 pick from a small school to be a superstar out of the gate, either.

Heisenberg
02-23-2013, 01:23 AM
So this isn't any kind of outlandish thought or anything, is PG going to be the Defensive Player of the Year at some point in his career?

Freddie fan
02-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Is Paul George the NBA's best player under 22? - the Indianapolis Star and Mike Wells ask today. (http://www.indystar.com/article/20130222/SPORTS/302220039/Is-Pacers-Paul-George-NBA-s-best-player-under-22-)

Since Paul is going to turn 23 on May 2, I'll vote no.

Is the Pacers Paul George the NBA's best player under 22?

Written by
Mike Wells

Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett, two of the trendsetters for making the leap straight from high school to the NBA almost 20 years ago, are both on the tail ends of their careers.

The league is still in good hands with established stars like LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul.

The future? It’s just as bright.

Last weekend’s All-Star Game in Houston featured three players under the age of 22 — Indiana’s Paul George, Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving and Philadelphia’s Jrue Holiday — and there are others in that age group who will likely be playing in that game in the future.

Here are five of the league’s top 22-and-under players:

PG: Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers

Stats: 23.7 ppg, 5.6 apg, 1.7 spg

Comment: Irving is doing his best to try to make the city of Cleveland forget about LeBron.

The second-year point guard is already one of the premier players at his position in the league. He would have been the Eastern Conference All-Star starting point guard if Miami Heat and East coach Erik Spoelstra hadn’t decided to start three of his players in the game.

SG: Gordon Hayward, Utah

Stats: 13.6 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.5 apg

Comment: The former Butler star is Utah’s sixth man after starting most of last season.

Hayward, drafted No. 9 in 2010, can play either position on the wing and is more athletic than what many scouts thought he would be coming out of college.
SF: Paul George, Pacers

Stats: 17.8 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.0 apg

Comment: George is the first member of the 2010 draft to play in the All-Star Game.

He’s become one of the league’s best all-around players because of his ability to take over a game on both ends of the court.

The Pacers finally have somebody they can legitimately call their franchise player for the first time in years.
PF: Anthony Davis, New Orleans

Stats: 12.5 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.9 bpg

Comment: Davis, the No. 1 overall pick in last summer’s draft, is the player the Hornets will build their future around.

The versatile big man can score, rebound, defend and run the floor. He’s also shown a midrange game that was rarely seen at Kentucky during his rookie season.
C. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento

Stats: 17.2 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 2.9 apg

Comment: Cousins has All-Star talent, but it likely won’t happen until his maturity catches up with his game.

The Sacramento big man seems to find himself in the news in a negative manner more than for his lethal post game and ability to score on the perimeter.