PDA

View Full Version : Why in God's name is there no post game thread? Pacers beat Knicks

Hicks
02-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Woooooooooo!!!!

:thisisfun:

We were all so high on this win that after the game we had an impromptu Digest meeting that went for almost an hour.

ECKrueger
02-21-2013, 12:21 AM
So sad I couldn't watch...

rabid
02-21-2013, 12:24 AM
That was an AWESOME display of basketball! Anyone still worried about NY being a matchup problem for us?

Eddie Gill
02-21-2013, 12:26 AM
I believe the post-game thread started sometime during the 3rd quarter of the game thread.

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 12:31 AM
The post game thread started in Section 120 at halftime LOL

Pace Maker
02-21-2013, 12:32 AM
The Knicks are boys

We are MEN

:buddies:

TheDon
this is pretty much how I felt watching that game with my friend in bankers life through most of the game till the knicks fans on each side of us got up and left in the 3rd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq3tVb5kO14

BobbyMac
Loved it!!!

DGPR
02-21-2013, 12:36 AM
What an *** beating. Paul George looked like an All-Star tonight.

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 12:38 AM
this is pretty much how I felt watching that game with my friend in bankers life through most of the game till the knicks fans on each side of us got up and left in the 3rd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq3tVb5kO14

I thought it was hilarious when the Knicks fan that fit the stereotypical bandwagoner stereotype to a TEE, got up to leave at halftime, unprovoked, he directs an obscene gesture to G2Zone involving his nether regions, so we gave him a little of the business back (pointing him to the gift shop, that kind of thing). In typical d-bag bandwagon fashion, he responds by giving us the double birds... Right in front of a uniformed IMPD officer. Mr. Uniformed IMPD officer was not pleased by this, and needless to say, Mr. Bandwagoning Douche was not seen again. We should have given that cop an standing ovation.

Pace Maker
02-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Paul George's perimeter defense really is amazing. So many times he pinned Melo to a corner and forced him to take a bad shot, its amazing. I'm not sure if its intuition or not, but he didnt bite on any fakes, always kept supreme balance and read with ease where Melo wanted to go. It was pretty incredible to watch.

That said, bigger matchups like Melo and Bron seem to pose a threat on the low block where he isn't nearly as effective.

graphic-er
02-21-2013, 12:41 AM
That was an AWESOME display of basketball! Anyone still worried about NY being a matchup problem for us?

Its one game, that isn't the trend. PG isn't going to be able to shut down Melo every game in a 7 game series, and we barely had any answer for Chandler.
We came out and gave them a knockout punch, thats pretty rare.

graphic-er
02-21-2013, 12:45 AM
What was up with Hibbert and Mahinmi tonight, both of those guys got into early foul trouble even as we were pulling away. Roy got some bad calls, but he also made some pretty foolish challenges.

Then Hibbert is *****ing at Vogel not even a couple minutes in to the 3rd? Sit down fool...with your 5 fouls....

TheDon
02-21-2013, 12:45 AM
I thought it was hilarious when the Knicks fan that fit the stereotypical bandwagoner stereotype to a TEE, got up to leave at halftime, unprovoked, he directs an obscene gesture to G2Zone involving his nether regions, so we gave him a little of the business back (pointing him to the gift shop, that kind of thing). In typical d-bag bandwagon fashion, he responds by giving us the double birds... Right in front of a uniformed IMPD officer. Mr. Uniformed IMPD officer was not pleased by this, and needless to say, Mr. Bandwagoning Douche was not seen again. We should have given that cop an standing ovation.

that is glorious

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 12:52 AM
What was up with Hibbert and Mahinmi tonight, both of those guys got into early foul trouble even as we were pulling away. Roy got some bad calls, but he also made some pretty foolish challenges.

Then Hibbert is *****ing at Vogel not even a couple minutes in to the 3rd? Sit down fool...with your 5 fouls....

Stop wizzing in our Wheaties, dammit!

graphic-er
02-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Stop wizzing in our Wheaties, dammit!

Hey that Lance Stephenson is quite the little ****er eh? Dude got JR Smith thrown out the game. I love Lance. He is the X factor for this team.

cdash
02-21-2013, 12:56 AM
Its one game, that isn't the trend.

Yeah...but what a fun ****ing game.

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Hey that Lance Stephenson is quite the little ****er eh? Dude got JR Smith thrown out the game. I love Lance. He is the X factor for this team.

He has quite the ability to **** people off, and I love it!

DJVendetta
02-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Man ESPN ain't showing the Pacers any love for this game (typical). It's all about New York woe's......someone please compile a highlight video for us on here, that would be awesome! The highlights on ESPN and on the websites are just pure garbage. It seriously blows my mind. I'm so geeked over this game I just want to watch the humiliation again lol

TheDon
02-21-2013, 01:02 AM
pacers need to have the keyboard cat video ready to go for players who get ejected, sure it's an old meme but that would crack me the hell up....uh oh this doesn't look good for J.R. Smith play him off keyboard cat!

Mr.ThunderMakeR
02-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Way to kick off the 2nd half of the season there boys!

cdash
This is probably a bad place to put this, and will surely be thrown into the "knee-jerk reaction" pile, but I really think this team can win the title this year. They have a certain swagger and confidence that winning teams have. I have only watched 15-20 of the games so far, but they have "it."

Powww
How many years does Lance have left on his deal?

We gotta start working on locking this young man down long term.

TheDon
02-21-2013, 01:08 AM
I really hope peck has one of his odd thoughts extreme homer edition type posts tonight you can't possibly have anything bad to say about tonight that was a lot of fun.

cgg
02-21-2013, 01:09 AM
I bet my friend that Melo would shoot under 40%.

ECKrueger
02-21-2013, 01:14 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/26pR2UedLNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9ST8LwhwDK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJVendetta
02-21-2013, 01:16 AM
You sir are the man! Keep em comin!

King Tuts Tomb
02-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Not a week ago on this board I was talking about how the Pacers couldn't beat the Knicks in the playoffs and someone (I think Rexnom maybe?) blew up my argument and pretty much predicted everything that happened in this game. So props there to a person who is possibly Rexnom, as well as more proof that I don't know anything about basketball.

On the Knicks side, I liked how hard Melo was playing even when it got out of hand. In Denver I think he would have coasted but he was doing a good job, good effort til the end.

TheDon
Lance is awesome, I really wish sometimes I could afford lower level tickets to hear him talk trash to the other team would probably crack me up. He's pretty damn good at getting under other players' skin it's so funny. I told my friend that I went to the game with that I guarantee that someone was getting ejected tonight, not that much of a shocker that it ended up being JR.

Trader Joe
Dudes....guys......Paul....George.

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 01:25 AM
I really hope peck has one of his odd thoughts extreme homer edition type posts tonight you can't possibly have anything bad to say about tonight that was a lot of fun.

If we dont get an Odd Thought post at all, I'm rioting....

Trader Joe
02-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Still have the Nets and Raps games stuck in my craw, but oh well. Hopefully those can be a wake up call as the Pacers go on a murder train of the NBA.

ECKrueger
02-21-2013, 01:26 AM
You sir are the man! Keep em comin!

Credit goes to Jared Wade, not I.

https://twitter.com/8pts9secs

Mr.ThunderMakeR
02-21-2013, 01:27 AM
I know it gets said around here a lot, but still probably not enough...THANK YOU LARRY BIRD!!

Oh and please come back!

Heisenberg
02-21-2013, 01:28 AM
I picked my brother up from work a bit ago and he asked me how the game went. Told him Sam Young got a windmill and he just started cracking up and goes "so we kicked their asses?"

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 01:31 AM
8Pts9Secs player grades is a hoot:

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/2013/02/post-game-grades-it-is-a-bloodletting-here-in-indiana-as-pacers-hand-knicks-worst-defeat-of-the-season/

TheDon
02-21-2013, 01:32 AM
that entire game was really like the 3rd quarter against the nuggets where mike dunleavy became possesed by the ghost of michael jordan past and couldn't miss...except this lasted for an entire game

adamscb
02-21-2013, 01:33 AM
was it just me, or did Stephenson's amazing breakaway dunk look Jordan-esque to anyone else?

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacers/2013/02/20/0021200801-nyk-ind-play6.nba

ECKrueger
02-21-2013, 01:34 AM
8Pts9Secs player grades is a hoot:

http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.com/2013/02/post-game-grades-it-is-a-bloodletting-here-in-indiana-as-pacers-hand-knicks-worst-defeat-of-the-season/

:laugh:

spazzxb
02-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Paul George's perimeter defense really is amazing. So many times he pinned Melo to a corner and forced him to take a bad shot, its amazing. I'm not sure if its intuition or not, but he didnt bite on any fakes, always kept supreme balance and read with ease where Melo wanted to go. It was pretty incredible to watch.

That said, bigger matchups like Melo and Bron seem to pose a threat on the low block where he isn't nearly as effective.

Danny granger

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nuntius
02-21-2013, 01:52 AM
:happydanc

Gold
02-21-2013, 01:58 AM
After seeing JR Smith and Lance Stephenson beef on the court, I remembered that at one point Lance said on twitter that JR smith deserved to be an all-star this year. I rushed to Stephenson's twitter to find this tweet..............It is no longer there.

The lesson of this story: Lance Stephenson makes no friends on the basketball court.

TMJ31
02-21-2013, 02:03 AM
Hey guys... Remember when we thought that Paul George had hit his ceiling because he would never develop that 'killer instinct'?

Or that Lance Stephenson would never amount to anything other than a flashy garbage minutes player?

Lol.

righteouscool
02-21-2013, 02:18 AM
I know Frank has mentioned Stephenson and George playing to cute sometimes, but does anyone else love it? I love the passing and swagger you see from good passers (think Bird/Magic, the greatest passers ever IMO) and I see it with those two running the floor. It gets the crowd and team involved. If it's controlled flash I think it's wonderful and I hope they keep it up, honestly.

presto123
02-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Controlled flash? LOL I can hear Frank in the locker room.........." lets keep that flash in the contolled zone":)

gummy
02-21-2013, 02:48 AM
I know Frank has mentioned Stephenson and George playing to cute sometimes, but does anyone else love it? I love the passing and swagger you see from good passers (think Bird/Magic, the greatest passers ever IMO) and I see it with those two running the floor. It gets the crowd and team involved. If it's controlled flash I think it's wonderful and I hope they keep it up, honestly.

Yep, good stuff. I am sure Frank loves it too - when it goes right. ;)

picasso
02-21-2013, 02:50 AM
Tommy Beer ‏@TommyBeer
Lance Stephenson on MSG: "Coming off the break, they (NY) was probably having fun, we were working hard in the gym getting ready..."

#BluecollarGoldSwagga

imawhat
02-21-2013, 02:51 AM
That was one of the funnest wins of the past couple years. I'm making my wife watch the second quarter tomorrow morning. :D

And then we'll watch Lance's Statue of Liberty dunk in the third.

It's nights like these where I wished I was in Indy, in BLF.

cgg
02-21-2013, 02:58 AM
On the Knicks side, I liked how hard Melo was playing even when it got out of hand. In Denver I think he would have coasted but he was doing a good job, good effort til the end.

Knicks fans call that stat padding.

CableKC
02-21-2013, 05:01 AM
This is probably a bad place to put this, and will surely be thrown into the "knee-jerk reaction" pile, but I really think this team can win the title this year. They have a certain swagger and confidence that winning teams have. I have only watched 15-20 of the games so far, but they have "it."
I think that we can make it to the ECF and beyond....IF certain things happen ( such as DRose being more injured than we thought ) that fall into our favor. Once any Team makes it to the ECF....anything can happen.

CableKC
02-21-2013, 05:02 AM
Hey guys... Remember when we thought that Paul George had hit his ceiling because he would never develop that 'killer instinct'?

Or that Lance Stephenson would never amount to anything other than a flashy garbage minutes player?

Lol.
You ( and all of us..including Lance and PG ) can thank Granger's injury that forced PG and Lance into the spotlight.

spazzxb
02-21-2013, 05:14 AM

Lol.

So when you say we, Is your message only intended for people who share your opinion? I prefer people to think independently. The "we" your refer to is wrong a lot.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

focused444
02-21-2013, 05:15 AM
some interesting points in the locker room interviews.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2013/02/20/PostgamePacers130220f4v-2392223

CableKC
02-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Can someone tell me why Hansbrough played limited minutes tonight?

I know that Hibbert/Mahinmi was in foul trouble and Pendy got the call....but I just didn't notice Hansbrough on the floor til the end.

BTW.....what a revelation that Pendy has been over the last couple of games. Wow....I mean...he seems like a scrapper like Hans is....but much broader and tougher. I really hope that he keeps it up cuz I really like the idea of having Hans and Pendy to throw at the opposing Frontcourt.

Also....the Knicks just didn't seem like they were into it tonight....it's like they woke up from a hangover and had to play the game wasted.

CableKC
02-21-2013, 05:29 AM
Another thing......I am glad that the Pacers were finally able to play a very solid Team where they were completely healthy. No excuses for the Knicks losing this game where they were COMPLETELY dismantled EVEN with Hibbert AND Mahinmi in foul trouble for the majority of the game.

To me, this cannot be understated.....tonight's win was a very good win against a very good and healthy Team.

Heisenberg
02-21-2013, 06:00 AM
some interesting points in the locker room interviews.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2013/02/20/PostgamePacers130220f4v-2392223I love West man. Dude's not gonna give you any sexy kinda quote or anything but just complete honest assessment as a professional.

TMJ31
02-21-2013, 06:28 AM
So when you say we, Is your message only intended for people who share your opinion? I prefer people to think independently. The "we" your refer to is wrong a lot.

It's a proverbial 'we'

Of course not everyone may feel that way, I don't mean to insinuate they do.

It's more so just me being really stoked about how these two young "potential" players are actually living up to and possibly even exceeding their potential!

RamBo_Lamar
02-21-2013, 07:04 AM
WOW! :-o

That was quite the butt whooping!

Gotta love it, especially coming against the "evil" Knicks.

Just love the confidence these guys are playing with right now...the sky's the limit...:dance:

Nuntius
02-21-2013, 07:28 AM
that entire game was really like the 3rd quarter against the nuggets where mike dunleavy became possesed by the ghost of michael jordan past and couldn't miss...except this lasted for an entire game

JR Smith and Melo were parts of that Nuggets team, right?

Hmm, what could that mean? ;)

Nuntius
02-21-2013, 07:33 AM
Another thing......I am glad that the Pacers were finally able to play a very solid Team where they were completely healthy. No excuses for the Knicks losing this game where they were COMPLETELY dismantled EVEN with Hibbert AND Mahinmi in foul trouble for the majority of the game.

To me, this cannot be understated.....tonight's win was a very good win against a very good and healthy Team.

The Heat were healthy both times as well.

Mourning
02-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Can someone tell me why Hansbrough played limited minutes tonight?

I know that Hibbert/Mahinmi was in foul trouble and Pendy got the call....but I just didn't notice Hansbrough on the floor til the end.

I think that probably has to do with the size of the Knicks frontcourt both starters and backups. Atleast looking at it like that it makes sense to me. I agree about Pendy! He seems to be really doing well and could be an extra body that can actually do something in the playoffs if required. Maybe he'll get a bit more playing time in the second half of the season to get a few games under his belt and have some oncourt chemistry with the rest of the squad.

greyhound80
02-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Man! That was so fun being at that game last night!! Scattered Knicks fans covering their faces in embarrassment.

Late in first half, PG drove almost from half court and just pounded one! The place erupted! They have no answer for him.
On the "WTH?" side. I've never, EVER seen a game where both of your centers have five fouls with 6 min to go in the 3rd qtr. That was really odd. Pendy just said "what the heck, I'll just go out there and dominate too"!

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Where's the Odd Thoughts? I'm sharpening my pitchfork and finding me torches......

Rogco
02-21-2013, 09:15 AM
I am actually taping sports center today just to see how many of the top ten plays we made. Seriously, I felt like we brought some of the All Star game offensive back with us, kept our usual defense, then just set about demolishing the Knicks. Game made me so happy to watch.

Unclebuck
02-21-2013, 09:16 AM

Yes, I am still worried. Pacers played a great, great game tonight., The Knicks were horrible. Beyond those things I don't think too much should be read into this game. I certainly don't think this specific game will in any way help determine a second round matchup with the Knicks.

cgg
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM
Yes, I am still worried. Pacers played a great, great game tonight., The Knicks were horrible. Beyond those things I don't think too much should be read into this game. I certainly don't think this specific game will in any way help determine a second round matchup with the Knicks.

The Knicks were horrible because their offense is completely based on the areas of the game that we are #1 in defense. We've played them 3 times and their offense hasn't worked in any of them.

dohman
02-21-2013, 10:18 AM
The game ball has to go to Hans and Lance for their efforts and frustrating the hell our of the knicks. Here is my thoughts on the matchup. We are simply to strong, West set the tone early with getting positing he moves people without effort and when anyone tries to do the same thing back it takes a full body effort which makes it look like someone is trying to push a weighted sled. Hans has a similar build and is figuring out how to play that was some as well. When amare got his 4th foul you could just tell he was done for the night. Just like the Miami heat, the knicks have no one to guard our PF position. Our PF position is Tough as nails and can drop 30 on you in a night if your not prepared to fight. Lance is just scrappy, he is always around the ball, he is always swiping at the ball, trying to get steals on in bounds. He pushes, he shoves, he gets in your ear and says only god knows what. He is cocky and overall just a *** to the opposing team, which is why I love him on the court. There is more to a game then just making baskets. The mental side is so huge and Lance is showing he has the mental makeup as a BA. JR smith was so mad at lance he just gave up and quit the game. That's when you know you won your matchup, when you can just make the other players quit their done. Not to mention his ability to be down the court with the ball in less than a second off a rebound. There is no way their transition defense can keep up with kidd. Their only threat is MELO if he is not having a brilliant game they have no chance. Chandler can score all the points he wants, he only scores because we are shutting everyone else down and is the 5th option. When the 5th option gets the looks then your defense is working. This is the nba they are going to score points, the goal with the knicks is to make them work for it and not get their normal easy 3pt attempts. Frank coached this game perfectly, the players played this game perfectly. We were rested and ready for the second part of the season. The knicks came out acting like they were good and not ready for the fight that the pacers brought to them. This frustrated them and made them commit fouls because they could not keep up and were not simply strong enough. The talk about them not being in it is laughable, they were not in it because other than chandler they cannot handle physical basketball. They are "FAKE PHYSICAL" happy when they can throw a elbow but not strong enough to push you around.

Since86
02-21-2013, 10:41 AM
GF couldn't go to the game so I took a buddy instead. After dropping him off, called the GF and said "I wanna get season tix next year." Her respose "That was gonna be your bday present."

Great, great, great night. Couldn't be more ecstatic. Feels like Christmas Eve.

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 10:43 AM
GF couldn't go to the game so I took a buddy instead. After dropping him off, called the GF and said "I wanna get season tix next year." Her respose "That was gonna be your bday present."

She's a keeper.

cgg
02-21-2013, 10:44 AM

Have you picked out the ring yet?

mitchbr
02-21-2013, 10:51 AM
After seeing JR Smith and Lance Stephenson beef on the court, I remembered that at one point Lance said on twitter that JR smith deserved to be an all-star this year. I rushed to Stephenson's twitter to find this tweet..............It is not longer there.

The lesson of this story: Lance Stephenson makes no friends on the basketball court.

That's how it should be here. I'd love for everyone to hate us because we play in your face, kick *** physical basketball. That's why I love Lance, he's pretty darn good and he knows it. We don't need a team of trash talkers, and we don't have one. The majority of the team gets into guys by their play, Lance just sends them over the edge with words.

graphic-er
02-21-2013, 10:52 AM

Put a ring on it fool!

Coopdog23
02-21-2013, 10:53 AM

And it's still very hard to win at MSG as well

cgg
02-21-2013, 11:11 AM
After the game, coach Mike Woodson stormed off when asked about a starting lineup change, saying “I’m not talking about changes.’’

Drewtone
02-21-2013, 11:18 AM

BTW... even more awesomely, most of that episode was shown on TV... I was wondering why the whole section was giving it to that guy!

Hicks
02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
The Knicks were horrible because their offense is completely based on the areas of the game that we are #1 in defense. We've played them 3 times and their offense hasn't worked in any of them.

A key point. Their offense is dependent on our defense not showing up.

Don't get me wrong, you must respect them if you hope to beat them, but if you do, I think Indiana can beat them in a series.

Trader Joe
02-21-2013, 11:39 AM
New York has to hit about 10 3s at minimum and they need to do it about a 40% clip to win a basketball game. That's not happening 4 times in a series against us unless Paul George, Lance, Danny, and George Hill all end up defecting to Cuba

cgg
02-21-2013, 11:53 AM
New York has to hit about 10 3s at minimum and they need to do it about a 40% clip to win a basketball game. That's not happening 4 times in a series against us unless Paul George, Lance, Danny, and George Hill all end up defecting to Cuba

I don't think it will happen once. Pacers in 4 or 5.

Nuntius
02-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Their only threat is MELO if he is not having a brilliant game they have no chance. Chandler can score all the points he wants, he only scores because we are shutting everyone else down and is the 5th option. When the 5th option gets the looks then your defense is working. This is the nba they are going to score points, the goal with the knicks is to make them work for it and not get their normal easy 3pt attempts.

Exactly. The easy 3 point attempts that the Knicks got early in the season were a result of Felton's penetration. If we're shutting down this penetration then they don't get clean 3 point looks.

If they don't get clean 3 point looks their offense is Melo isos (post or wings), JR isos, some rare PnR here and there and the occassional offensive board by Chandler.

PG can force Melo into a bad shooting night (he will get his but not on a good percentage), Chandler will not go off for 30 even though he will get his 12 or 14 points (especially when he doesn't go 11/11 from the FT line but kudos to him for today) and JR is not someone that is going to win you a playoff series by himself.

Trader Joe
02-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Felton looks like he put on some Jamaal Tinsley weight while he was hurt.

Nuntius
02-21-2013, 11:57 AM
And it's still very hard to win at MSG as well

That's a fair point. We're not a great road team. HCA will be very, very important come playoff time.

TinManJoshua
02-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Felton looks like he put on some Jamaal Tinsley weight while he was hurt.

Once you're on the cheeseburgers, it's hard to get off the cheeseburgers.

TheDon
02-21-2013, 12:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhq1G6LhxWg

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 12:23 PM
BTW... even more awesomely, most of that episode was shown on TV... I was wondering why the whole section was giving it to that guy!

Go figure, I forgot to DVR the game. :laugh:

cgg
02-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Go figure, I forgot to DVR the game. :laugh:

When was it on the broadcast? I wanna see.

Johanvil
02-21-2013, 12:29 PM

Lol.

I will gladly hold my hand up and admit I was not a believer. Knew the talent was certainly there but not the killer instinct.

Mo Tibbs
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM

I thought I saw him walking out and the G2 section applauding as he left.

Sandman21
02-21-2013, 12:37 PM

It would have been just before the half.

ndcoltsnpacers
02-21-2013, 01:00 PM

Yeah it's already been said a few times, but don't over-think this one. Stop messing around. Lock this one down.

ECKrueger
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Didn't notice Frank arguing with another coach after Lance/JR too. Also, if Lance can keep his attitude, and keep his cool at the same time he could definitely have a Reggie/Starks kind of effect on some people I think.

picasso
02-21-2013, 03:38 PM
The play that made my heart melt was in the second IIRC.. Felton was going for a layup and even though Felton was fouled there was 2-3 guys behind him and lance blocked the layup preventing a and 1. We were up 72-58 or something like that.

Coopdog23
02-21-2013, 03:42 PM
That's a fair point. We're not a great road team. HCA will be very, very important come playoff time.

I think we'll be good for most of the playoffs, but once we get to playing Miami, we'll have to win 1 or 2 on the road. We had game 4 in our hands but Wade went off in the 4th and we could not recover. We can beat any team in the league and I'm still by my preseason Finals prediction of Pacers-Clippers

cgg
02-21-2013, 03:48 PM
I want an ABA finals.

gummy
02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Didn't notice Frank arguing with another coach after Lance/JR too. Also, if Lance can keep his attitude, and keep his cool at the same time he could definitely have a Reggie/Starks kind of effect on some people I think.

The Knicks assistant waved his clipboard/notebook/trapper keeper - whatever the hell he was carrying - right in Frank's face and then jabbed his finger at him for good measure. Frank looked at him like he had lost his mind. Totally unprofessional. To Frank's credit, he barked a bit but didn't escalate things physically, and then turned to the referee that was right there. The ref probably said something to put the assistant in his place since you can clearly see Frank saying "thank you, thank you," emphatically to the ref.

cgg
02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
The Knicks assistant waved his clipboard/notebook/trapper keeper - whatever the hell he was carrying - right in Frank's face and then jabbed his finger at him for good measure. Frank looked at him like he had lost his mind. Totally unprofessional. To Frank's credit, he barked a bit but didn't escalate things physically, and then turned to the referee that was right there. The ref probably said something to put the assistant in his place since you can clearly see Frank saying "thank you, thank you," emphatically to the ref.

That guy looked drunk.

beast23
02-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I want an ABA finals.
So, which do you prefer?

Pacers vs Spurs,

Or, Pacers vs Denver?

cgg
02-21-2013, 05:19 PM
So, which do you prefer?

Pacers vs Spurs,

Or, Pacers vs Denver?

Spurs. Roy's got asthma!

beast23
02-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Put a ring on it fool!
Why? He's got the cow and the ticks rare free.

Since86
02-21-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm hoping that's a typo for tickets. :laugh:

McKeyFan
02-21-2013, 05:45 PM

I rewatched it (what I could see from the replay). Frank is a bad@ss.

gummy
02-21-2013, 05:59 PM
That guy looked drunk.

I said the same thing when they showed a closeup of his face as he was walking off court! :laugh:

I rewatched it (what I could see from the replay). Frank is a bad@ss.

Yes. For a second, the look on his face made me think he was gonna go Jersey on that guy. Had it happened, I would have cheered for a few seconds before the reality of how that would impact our public image set in.

Seriously though, the nerve of that guy to wave his crap in Frank's face.

MagicRat
02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
A collection of Quinn Buckner highlights from last night....
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hn9SkDb3CNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cgg
02-21-2013, 11:17 PM
The NBA says NO.

Nuntius
02-22-2013, 06:11 AM
The play that made my heart melt was in the second IIRC.. Felton was going for a layup and even though Felton was fouled there was 2-3 guys behind him and lance blocked the layup preventing a and 1. We were up 72-58 or something like that.

I remember that play. I don't think that the lay-up would count. Young fouled Felton at mid court but Felton and our players continued with the play regardless even though the refs blew the whistle. It was a smart foul by Young to prevent the fast break but we were in the penalty already :-p

Also, the score couldn't be 72 - 58. It was never that close. At the end of the 2nd we were up 74 - 44. So, we were probably up 62 - 36 or something ;)

Nuntius
02-22-2013, 06:14 AM
I want an ABA finals.

The Spurs would beat us handily (they are the only team that we cannot defend) but a Pacers - Spurs final in 2013 would be heart-warming :)

Nuntius
02-22-2013, 06:20 AM

Knicks fans liked the assistant's passion way more than Woodson sitting on the bench smiling.

If I was in their place, I would probably prefer it even if it is unprofessional.

That said, I loved how much we pissed them off :D

Will Galen
02-22-2013, 08:23 AM
I want an ABA finals.

Anyone but the spurs! If we go against the Spurs in the final and their big 3 is healthy . . . they have to much experience for us.

cgg
02-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Anyone but the spurs! If we go against the Spurs in the final and their big 3 is healthy . . . they have to much experience for us.

NOPE! WE WILL WIN!

MagicRat
02-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Trying the Quinn Buckner highlights again..... "Left hand. Right Hand. Rock it. Cradle it."
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zZlz74_DHng" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

BPump33
02-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Lance practically jumped from the free throw line on that dunk! I love this team.