PDA

View Full Version : Jay's unpopular "midseason" (close enough) opinions

ChicagoJ
02-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Fair warning: If you're looking for Homer's Digest, this post may not be for you. Meanwhile, here are my key thoughts for the post-ASG stretch of the season.

This could also pay homage to another of my infamous thread titles, as This Team Is Built to Play Miami in the Playoffs.

When we drafted Paul George, I was looking forward to the day we could trade one of our two SFs for a shooting guard that can create his own shot off the dribble. Granger's injury now has me looking forward to just seeing how much better we'll be with both of our wings on the court, taking pressure off each other. Paul George has shown tremendous growth. His next challenge is to show that its not just because he's in the role of "best wing on the team" and that he can keep it up with the team at full strength. I think the next step could be challenge for him to as assertive on a team at full strength vs. stepping up on a depleted team. I think he'll get through this challenge, but with growing pains along the way. Probably more growing pains than PD overall is expecting.

I thought Paul George's ASG appearance was impressive, but I think for different reasons than the rest of you. I now know exactly where I want Paul George when Hill and West run a pick and roll at crunch time. I want him on the weakside baseline for (1) spacing and (b) he's deadly there in a catch-and-shoot when the ball is reversed. I still think the play MUST start in Hill's hands as a Hill & West pick and roll is the offensive option in which all five guys are threats to make the last shot and must be played straight up defensively. And I still don't want him in a position where he has to put the ball on the floor.

I'll go one step further, although I think I saw this somewhere else on the web yesterday. Paul George's performance was the best Pacers' performance in an ASG over the past 25 years. While Paul's offense is still primarily as a catch-and-shoot guy, he brought defense and wing rebounding to the second quarter of an NBA all-star game. That's a rare accomplishment.

I'm looking forward to Lance with the second unit, becasue the second unit needs a go-to guy. A little concerned, though, that he'll act like Dhantay Jones with the second unit and hog the ball. He's really cut down on his, "what in the world is he thinking?" kind of mistakes. He's played well within in the team structure. We'll know soon if Lance is better as the fifth option with the starters or as the go-to guy with the bench. Either way, he's made so much progress that we could have two most-improved candidates right now.

Was debating with a Bulls fan over the weekend... he said Miami would walk away with the East this year. I said, "No, they can't beat us." West and Hibbert together mean that Bosh is worthless, and while some of us (okay, maybe just me) may not have ever been believers in Bosh, they don't really have a better alternative. We are a matchup problem for them. Clearly our best hope is to chase down the #1 seed, but is that realistic? I don't know. I know Miami would rather play NYK than us.

Hibbert's contract gets too much attention on here. There are two common and popular fallacies that keep appearing - (a) that there is a statistic that measures the "presence" of a post player and that (ii) compensation of an NBA center is tied to some metric or statistic. I know his FG% has been awful this year, but I can't imagine this team leading the Central Division right now with somebody else playing C, at both ends of the court. I hope over the second half of the year he rediscovers his shooting touch and crushes this silly conversation.

And lastly, what this team really needs is Chuck Person.

And I could use more confidence against a team like the Knicks, because I'm worried that we won't get to take our best shot at Miami if we end up in the 2/3 bracket against New York.

There you go. Fire away.

cgg
02-19-2013, 07:57 PM
NY struggles against teams that defend the 3 and have a player that can guard Melo 1 on 1. I'm not really concerned about them.

shags
02-19-2013, 08:02 PM
That March 10th game at Miami will be telling. I hope both teams are healthy for that one. The Pacers are still a 11-16 team on the road, a really bad mark for a team this good. If they beat Miami on the road, that'll prove a lot more to me than the home wins, where the Pacers are virtually unbeatable.

indyaway
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
I think people vastly underrate what Hibbert contributes in terms of the overall effectiveness of the Pacer's defense. We're the #1 or #2 rated team in that category. That's not happening without Hibbert just basically "being there" in the middle. If all he does is keep us at the top of the league in team defense, then he's worth that contract, especially when you consider what legit 7'rs are paid.

cgg
02-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I think people vastly underrate what Hibbert contributes in terms of the overall effectiveness of the Pacer's defense. We're the #1 or #2 rated team in that category. That's not happening without Hibbert just basically "being there" in the middle. If all he does is keep us at the top of the league in team defense, then he's worth that contract, especially when you consider what legit 7'rs are paid.

I don't understand how people can watch LeBron James avoid driving at Hibbert, and then plow right into Mahinmi as soon as he comes in, and then dismiss Roy's defense.

imawhat
02-19-2013, 08:26 PM
I thought Paul George's ASG appearance was impressive, but I think for different reasons than the rest of you. I now know exactly where I want Paul George when Hill and West run a pick and roll at crunch time. I want him on the weakside baseline for (1) spacing and (b) he's deadly there in a catch-and-shoot when the ball is reversed. I still think the play MUST start in Hill's hands as a Hill & West pick and roll is the offensive option in which all five guys are threats to make the last shot and must be played straight up defensively. And I still don't want him in a position where he has to put the ball on the floor.

I thought "bingo" about 5 milliseconds after Paul's first corner three made it through the net. He is lethal in the corner, and he's quick/athletic enough to get to the rim before the defense adjusts on most teams. He's rarely in that spot on the floor for us, but I'd wager he'd be top 5 in the NBA in 3 pt % from the corner.

The only problem with it is, if he misses, our best transition defender is the last person back, and we cannot afford to do that against teams like Miami in the playoffs (Knicks maybe, Heat no way). I don't know if the risks outweigh the rewards to put that in the regular rotation. It might be good to switch up in the playoffs, like a zone defense, from time to time.

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Wheres the unpopular opinions? I was told there was going to be unpopular opinions!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Sparhawk
02-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Lance going from 5th option to #1 option off the bench just reeks of failure. Just don't think he's ready for that. I think Granger off the bench makes the most sense.

cgg
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Lance going from 5th option to #1 option off the bench just reeks of failure. Just don't think he's ready for that. I think Granger off the bench makes the most sense.

Who says he's going to be the #1 option? There's not going to be a lot of minutes that don't have DG or PG on the floor.

ChicagoJ
02-19-2013, 10:02 PM
I thought "bingo" about 5 milliseconds after Paul's first corner three made it through the net. He is lethal in the corner, and he's quick/athletic enough to get to the rim before the defense adjusts on most teams. He's rarely in that spot on the floor for us, but I'd wager he'd be top 5 in the NBA in 3 pt % from the corner.

The only problem with it is, if he misses, our best transition defender is the last person back, and we cannot afford to do that against teams like Miami in the playoffs (Knicks maybe, Heat no way). I don't know if the risks outweigh the rewards to put that in the regular rotation. It might be good to switch up in the playoffs, like a zone defense, from time to time.

I understand but I don't agree. If a long rebound, break opportunity is your concern you can go into a zone D immediately on the shot instead of crashing the boards. Good transition defense is a choice, and you deal with it by having the wings drop back instead of pursue ORs. If he releases immediately on the shot (which also precludes every shooter's favorite "stand there with your arm in the air showing off your follow-through for the cameras" pose, it should be fine.

The strong-side wing would also release.

ChicagoJ
02-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Wheres the unpopular opinions? I was told there was going to be unpopular opinions!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Oh sure. Haters' gonna hate.

90'sNBARocked
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
All i remember is the Bulls swept Miami in the regular season year before last, then Miami swept them in the playoffs. Miami (particularly Wade and LeBron ) have that other notch they can take it to anytime they want

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 10:12 PM
A midseason report from Jay? It feels like I stepped back to 2005.

I agree with you about the Hibbert contract. Knowing what we know today, I would still give him that contract without hesitation. I think virtually every GM in the league would too. The offensive troubles are indeed frustrating, but you can't put a price on the rebounding and defensive presence. It's not just the blocked shots, it's also all of the ones that he alters. That being said, it would be nice to see some Smits-like offensive production. I'm not saying that he should have the same skill set as Smits, just that it would be nice if he had the same sort of efficiency, i.e. 15-17 ppg a game on 50% shooting. We could certainly use an offensive boost from him.

DrFife
02-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I see the standings at the top remaining fixed: Miami #1, Knicks #2, Pacers #3. Melo will beast down low; Chandler will outplay Roy. Problems, problems.

Mo Tibbs
02-19-2013, 11:20 PM
First off, great writeup ChicagoJ.

While I agree about LBJ and DWade turning it up in the playoffs, we just flat out cause them problems. Whether it's Roy and David West(they have NO ONE to guard him) or PG guarding one of the other two. Add in the fact that our team is not scared of them at all and that we've beat them multiple times both regular season and post season. Which I think can be attributed to #21 and our bench . They bring that toughness and swagger. I'm almost to the point where I'm ready to guarantee beating them in the playoffs.

The Knicks scare me a little though. Tyson Chandler causes problems and I don't think we have an answer defensively for Melo. He's too big for PG/DG and too quick for David West. There just one of those teams that I'd rather not see. Can we beat them? Yeah but I think it would be a long, tough series.

cgg
02-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Melo was 9-22 against PG earlier in the year. They're 7-12 in games where they don't make 10 threes. The Pacers have given up 10 or more threes in only 4 of 53 games.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 11:36 PM
This is a fair weather write up.

Mo Tibbs
02-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Haven't we played them twice? Like we got dumptrucked once in NY and we poured it on late here in Indy right?

cgg
02-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Haven't we played them twice? Like we got dumptrucked once in NY and we poured it on late here in Indy right?

We lost in November before we were playing well, in a weird daytime Sunday game.

Still held them to 36% shooting.

Mo Tibbs
02-19-2013, 11:56 PM
I may have to change how I view the Knicks then. Cant wait to see how we play them tomorrow and to see the Pacers again. The ASBreak is too long.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2013, 12:50 AM

Carmello was suspended, we won by 5, outscored them 23-16 in the 4Q.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130110/NYKIND/gameinfo.html

I'll take the win. And sure, we were missing Granger. But to read PD on a regular basis, we weren't even "missing" Granger (ha!).

But I'm not using Granger's absence from that game as a basis to feel good about our matchup with them when they have Carmello.

They give us the same front court problems we give Miami.

BillS
02-20-2013, 08:58 AM
All I can say is that when Jay's "not a homer" post is more optimistic than the crop of "Danny's going to destroy the team when he comes back" and "Danny's really had a career-ending injury" and "No one will ever beat LeBron and Wade because they goof off all year and then become the Wonder Twins in the playoffs", I worry.

cgg
02-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Think of the Knicks this way: They are on pace to take 355 more three's than JOB's most prolific 3pt season, and play at a much slower pace.

35.1% of their shots are 3 point attempts. JOB has us taking 28.9% of our shots from 3.

14.7% of their offense comes from Isolation - We have the #9 ISO defense (and our best defender is where their ISO's come from)
23.4% of their offense comes from Spot ups - We have the #1 Post up defense
9.6% of their offense comes from transition - We have the #1 transition defense

I'm not worried about the Knicks for the same reasons we match up well with the Heat. Nearly 50% of their offensive possessions come from ISOing a player that Paul George will guard, Kicking it out for 3s when the double comes, and scoring in transition.

Is it possible they get hot? They might, but not enough to win a playoff series against us. Live by the three, die by the three.

MTM
02-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Fair warning: If you're looking for Homer's Digest, this post may not be for you. Meanwhile, here are my key thoughts for the post-ASG stretch of the season.

There you go. Fire away.

By trying too hard to be diplomatic, you ended up re-stating what most of us already agree with. Not enough spice or sizzle to be labeled as an unpopular opinion post. Now, if you had gone a step further and suggested we start Tyler to move West to the 2nd unit to help boost 2nd unit scoring and get more out of Tyler in long stretches... now THAT would have been cool.

cgg
02-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Oh and Carmelo "greatest scorer of all time" Anthony is shooting 56.4 TS%

Danny Granger's career TS% is 56.4%

ChicagoJ
02-20-2013, 10:27 AM
By trying too hard to be diplomatic, you ended up re-stating what most of us already agree with. Not enough spice or sizzle to be labeled as an unpopular opinion post. Now, if you had gone a step further and suggested we start Tyler to move West to the 2nd unit to help boost 2nd unit scoring and get more out of Tyler in long stretches... now THAT would have been cool.

Well, fine, I'll step it up. Unfortunately, the original post sat in draft form for most of the weekend and I just decided to post it instead of fix it.

So I started on this point last night in the IU thread on Market Square, but I'll finish it here:

While I'm happy with Paul George's progress, I'm still not convinced that a lot of it was the result of the "system" - somebody is going to be our top wing player and with a solid 1, 4, and 5 around them, which the Pacers already have, the #1 wing is generally going to look good. So I think his level of play "returns to earth" with Danny's return just because the same "system" benefits now will be allocated among both of them. And I still believe a "healthy" Danny Granger is a better player than Paul George.

So if the Pacers have the opportunity to move either Paul George or a healthy Granger (who even if healthy doesn't strike me as the type of player -- at this stage of his career -- that a team with a top-5 pick would be interested in) for the right to draft Olidipo, I'm in favor of that trade.

Sollozzo
02-20-2013, 10:33 AM
If you traded George for Olidipo, the trade would basically be a failure if Olidipo wasn't an all star by his third season.

But I'm sure the Pacers view George as virtually being completely untouchable. You don't trade a 22 year old who made the AS game in his third season for the draft rights to someone who hasn't touched an NBA court. George is already what you hope that Olidipo could one day become. Why trade away a sure thing?

ChicagoJ
02-20-2013, 10:42 AM
If you traded George for Olidipo, the trade would basically be a failure if Olidipo wasn't an all star by his third season.

But I'm sure the Pacers view George as virtually being completely untouchable. You don't trade a 22 year old who made the AS game in his third season for the draft rights to someone who hasn't touched an NBA court. George is already what you hope that Olidipo could one day become. Why trade away a sure thing?

That's the safe approach. And none of us know what the future holds for either of them. Nor do any of us know what Paul George is looking for in free agency.

But what if Olidipo has a higher ceiling than George? (I think he does because I still see Paul George primarily as a catch-and-shoot guy on offense. I still think his ballhandling is a problem.)

And from a team structure perspective, I still think the Pacers ultimately have to trade one of their SFs away and while I used to think that player would be Granger, when Paul George was ready to be the #1 wing, Granger's current injury status combined with his age really shrinks his trade value. So they may be locked in to Granger.

cgg
02-20-2013, 10:48 AM
If you trade PG you better get more than a player who will be an all star in 3 years. If you're keeping the 29 and 32 year old players in our starting line up then we need a player who is good now.

McKeyFan
02-20-2013, 11:06 AM
A midseason report from Jay? It feels like I stepped back to 2005.

Jay, that single set of footprints in the sand from 2005 until this week is when a few of us diehards on the forum carried you through the storm.

Sollozzo
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
That's the safe approach. And none of us know what the future holds for either of them. Nor do any of us know what Paul George is looking for in free agency.

But what if Olidipo has a higher ceiling than George? (I think he does because I still see Paul George primarily as a catch-and-shoot guy on offense. I still think his ballhandling is a problem.)

And from a team structure perspective, I still think the Pacers ultimately have to trade one of their SFs away and while I used to think that player would be Granger, when Paul George was ready to be the #1 wing, Granger's current injury status combined with his age really shrinks his trade value. So they may be locked in to Granger.

I think it's safe to say that PG will be commanding max money if he keeps playing like this.

I don't think we are completely locked into Granger. We are certainly locked into him for the remainder of the season because he hasn't touched the court, but next year he will be an expensive expiring contract. He will have the same appeal that Murphy had when we traded him for Collison. If he comes back and shows that he can stay healthy, then I have a feeling that quite a few teams would be willing to trade us something halfway decent for him next year.

Paul George defends, get steals, rebounds, passes, shoots, and drives. He does all of this in a combination that earned him an all star position as a 22 year old in just his third year of play. That is what you hope that Olidipo could become one day. If he has a higher ceiling than George, then that's basically saying that he would be one of the elite players in the game. The odds of that happening aren't high. We have a team that can compete against the best right now, and trading an all-star for a rookie would set us back a couple of years.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2013, 11:25 AM
You all know that I'm usually the one poo-poo'ing the projected impact of draft picks, and I typically don't say much in the pre-draft hype threads around here.

But what if Olidipo's trajectory looks more like Irving's? But on a better team with better quality teammates instead of being a one-man show?

Believe me, I'd rather trade Gerald Green for a high enough pick but that just isn't going to get the job done. I don't think Granger would get the job done either (and would be pretty difficult to trade on draft day from a salary perspective, too.)

Since86
02-20-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't think you trade the guy that's 3/4ths of the way there to draft a guy that might get there. I think a known commidity is more valuable than an unknown one.

I don't think Vic's upside is higher than Paul's. His best strength out of the gate is his defense, which is also PG's best strength. It's much more likely for Vic to turn into a super athletic Bruce Bowen, with the ability to go to the rim, than a Dwayne Wade.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM
IIf he has a higher ceiling than George, then that's basically saying that he would be one of the elite players in the game.

That's what I'm saying.

The odds of that happening aren't high.

True.

We have a team that can compete against the best right now, and trading an all-star for a rookie would set us back a couple of years.

Well, I believe we can compete with Miami because of matchups, but I don't think we match up well with NYK, SAS, or OKC right now. Not sure about the Clippers but I'm not sure I believe in the Clippers as a contender either.

So while I'm pretty happy with a core of Hill - West - Hibbert over the next, say, three seasons, I think there is still a lot of flexibility on wing. But I don't think George-Granger, basically two SFs, is the best solution. And I don't know that Granger will ever have the trade value that he used to have so he might be the one who is worth more to us as a player than as a bargaining chip. And that's okay, some players are worth more as players than as commodities.

When George goes back to playing primarily against SGs, well, time will tell. I think part of his rapid progression was because he was playing more against SFs, where he's better suited.

cgg
02-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Why do you think that we don't match up well against the Knicks?

naptownmenace
02-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Oh and Carmelo "greatest scorer of all time" Anthony is shooting 56.4 TS%

Danny Granger's career TS% is 56.4%

I nominate this the "Come'on Man!" post of the day.

Comparing Carmelo and Danny offensively is useless. Melo wins that argument all day long, any day. Melo's year this year beats Danny's best season if we're comparing offense.

Where Danny has a slight edge is on the defensive side of the ball.

cgg
02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
I nominate this the "Come'on Man!" post of the day.

Comparing Carmelo and Danny offensively is useless. Melo wins that argument all day long, any day. Melo's year this year beats Danny's best season if we're comparing offense.

Where Danny has a slight edge is on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm not trying to compare them. My point is that he's not going to beat us by himself very often with Paul George guarding him.

Everything they do on offense is everything the Pacers are good at defending.

BillS
02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Jay, that single set of footprints in the sand with the parallel deep trenches from 2005 until this week is when a few of us diehards on the forum dragged you kicking and screaming you through the storm.

fixed :lol:

Brad8888
02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Why do you think that we don't match up well against the Knicks?

Size and athleticism on the interior, with the ability to push Roy off the block at will.

Hicks
02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Size and athleticism on the interior, with the ability to push Roy off the block at will.

I agree that they can push Roy around, but we also have a lot of size in our frontcourt. Ian gives some of the athleticism, though it's true they have a lot more of the latter than we do. I thought West struggled against them, but that seems to me like a matchup where he could ultimately come out on top in the long run (7 game series). Maybe not.

But once you look from the SF spot up to PG, I'll easily take my chances with that team.

cgg
02-20-2013, 01:21 PM

If a team can slow down my 5th option but I can slow down their their 1 2 3 4 options, then I feel pretty good about it.

adamscb
02-20-2013, 02:08 PM
While Paul's offense is still primarily as a catch-and-shoot guy, he brought defense and wing rebounding to the second quarter of an NBA all-star game

I disagree about Paul's offensive game. What has marked his development is his ability now to get to the rim, or create for himself in the mid-range game. Granted, he still does a lot of catch-and-shooting, but that's due to good offensive ball movement and him being open. As far as creating for himself, I believe he's surpassed Granger.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
If a team can slow down my 5th option but I can slow down their their 1 2 3 4 options, then I feel pretty good about it.

I don't feel good about our ability to slow down Anthony. Sure would like to see it tonight, though!

Hicks makes a good point that David West would improve over the course of a seven game series.

Matchups and adjustments...

I just think that the adjustments we can possibly force Miami to make actually play into our hands. And I think the opposite happens with the Knicks. But hey, that's why they play the games.

cgg
02-20-2013, 02:13 PM
I don't feel good about our ability to slow down Anthony. Sure would like to see it tonight, though!

Hicks makes a good point that David West would improve over the course of a seven game series.

Matchups and adjustments...

I just think that the adjustments we can possibly force Miami to make actually play into our hands. And I think the opposite happens with the Knicks. But hey, that's why they play the games.

The Knicks don't make adjustments. They iso and kick out for threes.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Taking these in the opposite order:

As far as creating for himself, I believe he's surpassed Granger.

That's not saying much. I don't think Granger is particuarly creative with the ball. That's been the source of his ceiling.

I disagree about Paul's offensive game. What has marked his development is his ability now to get to the rim, or create for himself in the mid-range game. Granted, he still does a lot of catch-and-shooting, but that's due to good offensive ball movement and him being open.

I think his passing is good. But I don't have much confidence when he puts the ball on the floor. I think he's ideally suited to benefit -- and benefit quite nicely -- from off the ball movement.

So I don't want the masses to think I'm saying he's just going to park someplace, wait for the ball, and shoot it quickly. I think his off the ball movement is good. I just don't like to see him put the ball on the court. Maybe that will change, but I don't see it getting much better "during" the course of a season. That's an offseason focus item for him, and like Reggie, like Danny, that's always going to be true for him. He's a shooter (and a very good one), not a scorer.

None of that should disparage his defense and rebounding. Those are outstanding. I'm just saying on offense I don't see him as being particuarly versatile. At least not yet.

ChicagoJ
02-20-2013, 02:18 PM
The Knicks don't make adjustments. They iso and kick out for threes.

Sorry - referring to adjustments over the course of a playoff series. Although, if you're saying Mike Woodson isn't going to make any adjustments in a seven-game series, then :drool: .

cgg
02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Sorry - referring to adjustments over the course of a playoff series. Although, if you're saying Mike Woodson isn't going to make any adjustments in a seven-game series, then :drool: .

Look at their team. What are they going to adjust? They start Jason Kidd at the 2 and Shumpert at the 3 and they have fans complaining that James White doesn't start.

Pace Maker
02-20-2013, 06:00 PM
I too worry about the Knicks. In theory we match up well against them, but it feels like when we match up they win the majority of the time. hopefully the Pacers put an end to this doubts of mine tonight :D

But onto your point about Lance, I totally agree. While I'm pleased with how far Lance has come as a player and he has definitely cut down on his dumb plays, I have noticed he some times really interferes with the ball movement. Several times the ball is swinging and Lance stops and takes a few seconds off the shot clock to see if he can beat his man off the dribble. Not necessarily penetration, but size up dribbles on the perimeter that never really accomplish much. More often than not he's forced to pass it out after the shot clock is dwindled down, which typically forces a poor shot from our offense.

cgg
02-20-2013, 09:51 PM
How 'bout them Knicks?

Pace Maker
02-20-2013, 09:59 PM
I too worry about the Knicks. In theory we match up well against them, but it feels like when we match up they win the majority of the time. hopefully the Pacers put an end to this doubts of mine tonight :D

ah, good times, good times.

Bball
02-20-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm of a "If it ain't broke then don't fix it" mindset. Lance is a guard. Paul is a SF. Danny is a SF. Lance and Paul play well together and make up a balanced NBA lineup with defense and speed. Danny Granger is a SF. I know... "Wings are interchangeable" ....

I also know without Granger both Lance and Paul George have grown into a very good NBA players that gel nicely on both ends of the court. With Granger I don't think that happens this quickly and more importantly I have my concerns that re-inserting Granger into the starting lineup will be trying to fix something that is far from broken.

Granger can come off the bench.