PDA

View Full Version : Great Jason Whitlock column saying Pacers can beat Heat

Pacergeek
02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/miami-heat-lebron-james-throne-indiana-pacers-paul-george-true-threat-021913?m_n=true

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Whitlock was calling for the team to be blown up around PG two weeks ago. Screw him.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Whitlock was calling for the team to be blown around PG two weeks ago. Screw him.

He was what now?

But yeah, Whitlock's a blowhard idiot.

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Damn you brain to keyboard dyslexia!

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 03:07 PM
He does drop some nice options for PG's nickname that some want so badly, though. I like the Game of Thrones angle a lot. BABY DRAGON lol

Lord Helmet
02-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Whitlock is a disgrace to the state of Indiana

Pacergeek
02-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Whitlock was calling for the team to be blown up around PG two weeks ago. Screw him.

At least he had the guts to admit he was wrong

DrFife
02-19-2013, 03:29 PM
"Lance Stephenson is the right kind of idiot."

Who grinned and nodded? Come on, raise your hands.

SMosley21
02-19-2013, 03:34 PM

I've been saying this to friends for the past couple months. Lance is absolutely a loose cannon, but he's the right kind of loose cannon who is talented and has some very level headed cohorts around him to keep him in check if he gets TOO far out there.

Unclebuck
02-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I didn't know he was from Indianapolis, or at least lived while growing up.

BRushWithDeath
02-19-2013, 03:59 PM

We've done our best to hide it from the public.

Uncle Reggie
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Um Whitlock is the man. Shame on you all for disrespecting him. He's the only sports writer I know of who actually CARES about the Pacers.

Since86
02-19-2013, 04:12 PM

Went to Warren Central, then went to Ball St on a football scholarship. The only thing Whitlock has done for Indiana though, is blast Mike Wilbon and Ronny Thompson for them playing the race card as Thompson was leaving BSU. Strech calling it "Indiana" though.

Derek2k3
02-19-2013, 04:15 PM

He was what now?

But yeah, Whitlock's a blowhard idiot.

Whitlock is an absolute joke of a "journalist". Constantly ripping on the Pacers...then acting like their biggest fan when they play well (A couple of seasons ago, the Heat blew out the Pacers and S***lock tweeted "Eric Gordon please come to Indiana. The Pacers need a real star, Granger isn't.")

Eff him and his ****** articles.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Um Whitlock is the man. Shame on you all for disrespecting him. He's the only sports writer I know of who actually CARES about the Pacers.

Jason?

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Whitlock is an absolute joke of a "journalist". Constantly ripping on the Pacers...then acting like their biggest fan when they play well (A couple of seasons ago, the Heat blew out the Pacers and S***lock tweeted "Eric Gordon please come to Indiana. The Pacers need a real star, Granger isn't.")

Eff him and his ****** articles.
I'm familiar with Whitlock. Originally Sandman had typed...something else.

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 04:20 PM

No, Sandman had forgotten to include a very important word into the sentence... :D

Derek2k3
02-19-2013, 04:21 PM

Oh, yeah, I only quoted you because I thought your post should be seen twice.

BRushWithDeath
02-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Jason?

It's not him. There wasn't a single Wire reference.

Since86
02-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Jason?

Too narcissistic to hide behind an anonymous name.

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 04:24 PM

The water I was drinking when I read this is now covering my monitor. I hope you are happy sir.

RWB
02-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Too narcissistic to hide behind an anonymous name. Plus no mention that he and Jeff George are great friends.

Derek2k3
02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Plus no mention that he and Jeff George are great friends.

And also no mention of a racist conspiracy.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 04:27 PM

SportsGuy

owl
02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
It is a good read. I do not get his dragon references as I am not familiar with the show he is talking about.

SMosley21
02-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Heaven forbid a national media person, who we don't like, gives the Pacers a glowing article. We'll just ignore it because we don't like the author, and continue to complain about our team never getting any national attention.

Pacergeek
02-19-2013, 05:24 PM
You guys are acting like Whitlock is as horrible as Bill Simmons

diamonddave00
02-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Jason Whitlock was on JMV's show a couple weeks ago and raved about Paul George saying how wrong he was about him last spring, but lets be honest who truly expected PG to develop so quickly expecially after his slow start this season.

Last spring Whitlock called for everyone but Roy to be traded . I give him credit for publicly admitting how wrong he was about some thing concerning the Pacers. But I have to also give him credit for seeing just what is developing with the team this season. He freely admits to being a Pacer fan.

He sounds like a Pacer Digest member - one minute so mad he says blow the team up then after cooling off saying threat to win it all.

I for one appreciate him giving the team its due on the Fox Sports site, and welcome him back aboard the Pacer bandwagon.

Lord Helmet
02-19-2013, 05:50 PM
They can both go away for all I care.

Steagles
02-19-2013, 05:59 PM
I try to not read Whitlock. I have a personal issue with him because he had one with my late father (of whom he went to Warren and graduated with) but he's also a lunatic.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 06:01 PM

Don't sully the name of Bill Simmons by comparing him to that hypocrite! :D

colts19
02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
I thought it was a great. I like the fact that unlike most national writers at least he has a clue about who the pacer players are.

Eddie Gill
02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
I've never understood the hate directed at writers who have been critical of a particular team. Their job is to state opinions - sometimes you may disagree, but why hold a lifelong grudge? Bill Simmons is a Celtics fan, sure. Does that make him any less knowledgeable or talented as a writer? Jason Whitlock was skeptical of the Pacers' roster after the playoff loss. He believed (like many here) we needed fearless scorer, who creates shots and gets to the rim. Now he believes George fills that role and has changed his tune - even admitting the he was wrong. I don't really understand the problem.

Guys, Fox Sports' lead columnist just wrote a column arguing the Pacers are serious contenders. Things are pretty good right now.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 06:52 PM
I've never understood the hate directed at writers who have been critical of a particular team. Their job is to state opinions - sometimes you may disagree, but why hold a lifelong grudge? Bill Simmons is a Celtics fan, sure. Does that make him any less knowledgeable or talented as a writer? Jason Whitlock was skeptical of the Pacers' roster after the playoff loss. He believed (like many here) we needed fearless scorer, who creates shots and gets to the rim. Now he believes George fills that role and has changed his tune - even admitting the he was wrong. I don't really understand the problem.

Guys, Fox Sports' lead columnist just wrote a column arguing the Pacers are serious contenders. Things are pretty good right now.
I couldn't care less about his opinion of the Pacers. He's a terrible columnist that injects his simple minded, and often times much worse, opinions into societal moments he has nowhere near the depth to tackle. Which would be fine, if he didn't think he were the second coming of WC Heinz or something.

spreedom
02-19-2013, 08:43 PM

If I was Bill Simmons, that would really offend me.

Derek2k3
02-19-2013, 08:51 PM
I'd be excited if the national writer was anyone other than a known fool.

Whitlock is an idiot, and it has nothing to do with his comments about the Pacers. It has everything to do with his moronic arguments and, as Heisenberg said, his simple mindedness.

PR07
02-19-2013, 08:59 PM
I really don't care for Jason Whitlock. He seems to speak more from his opinion than fact and hold grudges like no other. Plus, he's a huge Colts hater. His bashing of the Colts taking Luck was unbelievable.

spazzxb
02-19-2013, 09:16 PM

People got so used to hating on lance that they just don't know what to do now that they have been undeniably proven wrong. Group think is a dangerous thing, especially when the muse has a jaded opinion. The majority didn't want him on the team before the season started. People (completely generic People who don't become offended) still hating on him now are the true idiots.

Signed

One of lance's biggest supporters from the beginning. I became one of his "biggest fans" by doing little more than defending that he should be given a chance to grow.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Peck
02-19-2013, 11:23 PM
While calling Lance the right kind of idiot was gold.

Calling Frank Vogel Khaleesi is platinum. I will not be able to see him tomorrow night without imagining him with a long bleach blond wig. :)

Jessen
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
I love how he ruined 2 great shows for people who haven't seen them. Lol. And I wanted to start watching The Wire soon. I found the article to be both irritating and satisfying at the same time.

Will Galen
02-20-2013, 02:51 AM

He says that in the article.

He also says he's a Pacer homer. It's an okay article, but I don't agree with all his reasoning.