PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger post ASG update(s)

Pages : [1] 2

Hicks
02-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Originally I was going to post this just to talk about the fact that Scott Agness (pacers.com writer) was reporting earlier today that Frank Vogel made it sound like Danny may not play this Wednesday, which I thought was somewhat discouraging news. Not that he said he wouldn't play, only that Frank was saying that he wouldn't until he 'felt 100%', implying (to me, at least) that he's not currently feeling 100% and therefore is still not fully ready.

This frustrates me to a point, though I suppose in the bigger picture I applaud them taking their time and letting Danny feel truly ready to go rather than forcing things (even a little bit). Still, I'm chomping at the bit to see this team whole and intact, and these latest delays keep taking the wind out of my sails; I'm ready to see what this team can due at 100%!

That was the original reason for the thread.

Now, there's this late tonight from Alex Kennedy (writer for Hoopsworld, and as far as I know has legitimate sources):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A source told me that Danny Granger's injury wasn't just patellar tendinitis. He also had a small hole in the cartilage in his knee.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/303749134471557120">February 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Uh... how seriously should we take this? I don't mean in terms of 'is it real', I mean, IF IT IS REAL, then how serious is this?

Brad8888
02-19-2013, 01:51 AM
I don't think cartilage ever "heals". I suspect (but obviously have no way of proving) that the tendonosis (not "itis") produced some excessive scar tissue that might have rubbed through the cartilage over time.

Still feeling eerily Dunleavy-esque to me.

Really REALLY hope I am blowing this way out of proportion...:(

Peck
02-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Not gonna lie, this is disappointing news. Not so much that he has a hole in his cartilage but the fact that he still isn't ready to go. Honestly if he can't go by the middle of March then IMO him coming back would probably be a disruption to the team as they try and get him to speed as the season is almost over. I guess there would be time for him to be ready for the playoffs but with Danny's general slow start history it does cause me concern.

bshall
02-19-2013, 01:56 AM
I'm not surprised as the DG33 situation has been weird since the preseason. It always seemed like there was more to the story that what the Pacers let be known. I don't really understand why they didn't come out with the full truth from the start.

Miller_time04
02-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Man.....just tell the fans the truth already...feels like he's not coming back this season to me...

imawhat
02-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Bizarre, whatever that means. At least it's in past tense. And he's practicing with the starting unit.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 02:05 AM
Bizarre, whatever that means. At least it's in past tense. And he's practicing with the starting unit.

Yeah, same. Doesn't really change my outlook, he's practicing, going 5 on 5, all that.

aamcguy
02-19-2013, 02:11 AM
I'm not very worried about him. I honestly think that if the Bulls were rushing Rose back Granger would have already played. But we are a better team sans Granger than the Bulls are sans Rose, so as long as he sits the more time to rehab we can afford to give Granger without jeopardizing our chances at the Central.

rock747
02-19-2013, 02:30 AM
The fact that we haven't heard from Danny Granger himself all year is very weird in itself.

Not surprised there's more to the story than what they were telling us.

able
02-19-2013, 04:35 AM
the FACT that DG was treated for patellar tendinoses and NOT patellar tendinitis makes this a limp-horse to start with, I will refrain from the usual hoopshype remarks.

He (Danny) will be back shortly I am sure, if shortly means Wednesday? not to sure.

cgg
02-19-2013, 06:06 AM
I've never heard of anything being referred to as a "small" hole in cartilage, so I don't know what to think if it is true.

xtacy
02-19-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm not surprised as the DG33 situation has been weird since the preseason. It always seemed like there was more to the story that what the Pacers let be known. I don't really understand why they didn't come out with the full truth from the start.

my thoughts exactly.

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 07:41 AM
I stopped being optimistic about this situation a long time ago. I'm operating under the mindset that we're not going to to have him anywhere near 100% this season, and that's if he plays at all. I consider anything he can give us to be a bonus. It's going to be March in ten days, and if he doesn't play soon then it's going to seriously look like he's going to miss the entire season.

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm not very worried about him. I honestly think that if the Bulls were rushing Rose back Granger would have already played. But we are a better team sans Granger than the Bulls are sans Rose, so as long as he sits the more time to rehab we can afford to give Granger without jeopardizing our chances at the Central.

Rose has nothing to do with it. The Pacers would be reckless if they let Rose factor into when Granger played.

duke dynamite
02-19-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Mike Wells would've said something if this were true.

Ace E.Anderson
02-19-2013, 08:45 AM
IMO it'd be different if they were shutting Danny down from practicing, or they said that his knee was responding negatively to all of the extra work. As far as a small hole in the cartilage is concerned, if it's not affecting him and his progress now--I'm not too worried about it.

All in all, if they want to wait a few extra games to make sure he's 100%--it's probably the best thing for DANNY.

As for me, I'm simply going to attempt to cease in my anticipation of Danny Granger's return, b/c this on again off again is causing me to go crazy lol

naptownmenace
02-19-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure if the source really understood the issue with Danny's knee or not. Since they have technically termed the injury Tendonosis, it means that he at least had some microtears in his knee.

Tendinosis, sometimes called chronic tendinitis, tendinosus, chronic tendinopathy, or chronic tendon injury, is damage to a tendon at a cellular level (the suffix "osis" implies a pathology of chronic degeneration without inflammation). It is thought to be caused by microtears in the connective tissue in and around the tendon, leading to an increase in tendon repair cells. This may lead to reduced tensile strength, thus increasing the chance of tendon rupture.

It was a major injury, which is why he's had to miss 3 months and 2 weeks worth of games. I'm not too surprised.

For all the conspiracy theorists... they could be holding him out in the event of a trade.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 09:05 AM
My understanding is that tendinosis is a case of small tears or small holes in tendons, maybe a case of crossed wires for Kennedy while discussing Danny's injury with someone?

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 09:08 AM
My understanding is that tendinosis is a case of small tears or small holes in tendons, maybe a case of crossed wires for Kennedy while discussing Danny's injury with someone?

This is what I'm assuming. One guy who doesn't really know what he's talking about who heard it from another guy that really didn't know what he was talking about telling another guy that doesn't know what he's hearing. Know what I'm talking about?

billbradley
02-19-2013, 09:21 AM
How does Kennedy break this and Wells doesn't? Seems we know things from Wells when the Pacers want us to know.

BillS
02-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Sounds like the definition nof the difference between "-itis" and "-osis" to me. But, hey, which sounds more panic-worthy? "tendonosis" or "holes and tears in the tendons"?

I am with those who think if it really was season-ending Danny would be nowhere near doing 5-on-5 practices right now.

To be honest, if Frank is holding him out until there is no doubt what he does will add to the team on the floor, isn't that fulfilling what so many of you guys want anyway?

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 09:29 AM
How does Kennedy break this and Wells doesn't? Seems we know things from Wells when the Pacers want us to know.

But if the Pacers didn't want us to know, then it would make sense that someone other than Wells would report it.

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 09:32 AM
I am with those who think if it really was season-ending Danny would be nowhere near doing 5-on-5 practices right now.

That's a good point, but Derrick Rose also did a 5 on 5 yesterday, a few days after sounding someone pessimistic about returning this season. There's a big difference between 5 on 5 in practice and playing an actual game.

BillS
02-19-2013, 09:37 AM
That's a good point, but Derrick Rose also did a 5 on 5 yesterday, a few days after sounding someone pessimistic about returning this season. There's a big difference between 5 on 5 in practice and playing an actual game.

There's also a big difference about a player himself saying he's going to lay out vs. coaches and pundits saying the same thing.

billbradley
02-19-2013, 09:39 AM

Rose did 5 on 5 drills, Danny is doing complete practices correct? If so, I would say that's a huge difference.

Rose can't dunk. That's is another big deal.

Mackey_Rose
02-19-2013, 09:39 AM
There's also a big difference about a player himself saying he's going to lay out vs. coaches and pundits saying the same thing.

Granger hasn't said anything either way, has he?

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Rose did 5 on 5 drills, Danny is doing complete practices correct? If so, I would say that's a huge difference.

Rose can't dunk. That's is another big deal.

Is complete practice the same thing as full contact practice? Rose has been doing full contact practices for a few weeks.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8897736/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-taking-full-contact-practice

billbradley
02-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Rose has scrimmaged.

graphic-er
02-19-2013, 09:46 AM
If this delay continues Vogel will have to make a decision about whether or not they just rely on Danny to be a bench player the rest of the season. I don't think they'll ever decide to just to shut him down. The team needs his offense in the playoffs. But at some point trying to ready Granger for Starter level minutes will be counter productive to team chemistry. Can Granger give us a solid 20 minutes per game off the bench?

DJVendetta
02-19-2013, 09:48 AM
I had already thought him being "ill" randomly before the Charlotte game was bullcrap. They made it sound like he caught a cold instead of just coming out and saying "we were wrong, he isn't ready yet." This seems to have backfired because they probably figured he'd be ready come this Wednesday which is just another way of disappointing fans, which is all they are doing with all these "he is about to come back any second, I'm telling you! you just wait!" Reminds me of sitting at the Emergency Room or something and they keep telling you that you're next but an hour later you're still waiting lol.

Sollozzo
If this delay continues Vogel will have to make a decision about whether or not they just rely on Danny to be a bench player the rest of the season. I don't think they'll ever decide to just to shut him down. The team needs his offense in the playoffs. But at some point trying to ready Granger for Starter level minutes will be counter productive to team chemistry. Can Granger give us a solid 20 minutes per game off the bench?

I don't think they'll deliberately shut him down, but the calender could.

PacerPenguins
COMON DANNY!

DJVendetta
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Rose has scrimmaged.

this is as close as he has come I'm pretty sure. Seems like he is still WAY behind. I don't see him playing this year. He still can't dunk on the move.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8960183/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-participates-5-5-drills

billbradley
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I had already thought him being "ill" randomly before the Charlotte game was bullcrap.

Wasn't going to post, but my girlfriend saw Danny getting meds on Wednesday, we live downtown.

cgg
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM

Seems like Wells reports things that are true.

cgg
02-19-2013, 09:56 AM
I had already thought him being "ill" randomly before the Charlotte game was bullcrap. They made it sound like he caught a cold instead of just coming out and saying "we were wrong, he isn't ready yet." This seems to have backfired because they probably figured he'd be ready come this Wednesday which is just another way of disappointing fans, which is all they are doing with all these "he is about to come back any second, I'm telling you! you just wait!" Reminds me of sitting at the Emergency Room or something and they keep telling you that you're next but an hour later you're still waiting lol.

The ER doesn't operate on who is next, it operates on who is the most critical. Also they are often waiting to transfer people to other parts of the hospital and if they don't take them then people are stuck waiting longer. Lots of reasons for delays.

DJVendetta
02-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Wasn't going to post, but my girlfriend saw Danny getting meds on Wednesday, we live downtown.

fair enough lol, but still leaves me with doubts. I've had knee issues for the past 6 years, and I still pick up meds for it here and there (only because I choose to stay extremely active, I could only imagine the treatment an NBA athlete needs). I'm pretty sure he still applies topicals and takes an anti-inflammatory for his knee so you never know! :P

DJVendetta
02-19-2013, 09:57 AM
The ER doesn't operate on who is next, it operates on who is the most critical. Also they are often waiting to transfer people to other parts of the hospital and if they don't take them then people are stuck waiting longer. Lots of reasons for delays.

LOL good point. Okay fine, the doctors office! or waiting for your car at the shop! Waiting for your meds at the pharmacy! idk lol

cgg
02-19-2013, 09:57 AM
fair enough lol, but still leaves me with doubts. I've had knee issues for the past 6 years, and I still pick up meds for it here and there (only because I choose to stay extremely active, I could only imagine the treatment an NBA athlete needs). I'm pretty sure he still applies topicals and takes an anti-inflammatory for his knee so you never know! :P

On the one hand you don't have the best knee guy in the country. On the other hand, you don't run and jump on wood for a living...

PacerPenguins
02-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Wells tweeted this yesterday

Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
I'm not sure who's more excited for Granger to return, the Pacers or me n @Mark_J_Boyle so the questions stop

Alex Kennedy could be full of crap because Wells has not said one word about this and sounds pretty happy Danny is coming back

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 10:06 AM
I'll echo what TraderJoe said last week that Wells whining about the Granger questions gets old. If you're the main beat writer for a team and are active in social media, then you're going to be bombarded with questions when one of the team's best players hasn't played a game this season. That comes with the territory.

DJVendetta
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
On the one hand you don't have the best knee guy in the country. On the other hand, you don't run and jump on wood for a living...

Yeah exactly, my knee guy is the Ortho for FAU (Florida Atlantic University, small D-I school in south florida) athetics and his partner is actually an ortho working for the NBA. I remember seeing him leave the office to head to the airport for All-star weekend, I'll try and grab his name. I wish he was my Ortho, but I can't afford him or his time lol.

In other words my Ortho is pretty brilliant because I have had to go to many different ones. I can only imagine how insanely awesome DG's ortho is, but as active as I am I tend to stay away from the jumping and running as much as I can, which isn't very much, but in DG's case he is playing a sport where he is doing two of the harshest things you can do to your knee, which is running and jumping. Only thing worse is football where you make side to side movements that your knee was never actually meant to do. In basketball it isn't always as harsh, but when it is...it will give out sometimes (Rose tore his this way, he cuts through the lane so much it always scares me the way he plants and then it finally happened) I would never doubt that DG still picks up meds for his knee.

Derek2k3
02-19-2013, 10:14 AM
I'll echo what TraderJoe said last week that Wells whining about the Granger questions gets old. If you're the main beat writer for a team and are active in social media, then you're going to be bombarded with questions when one of the team's best players hasn't played a game this season. That comes with the territory.

Agreed, although it's ridiculous that people will tweet the question no more than 5 minutes after Wells has had an update.

11:30 AM "Granger expected back this week"
11:35 AM "@MIKEWELLSNBA Bro, any updates on Granger?"

I could see how that would get old.

Regarding this whole thing, the fact is reporters said he sounded stuffed up on Wednesday, which should put to rest any notion of that being a coverup. Also, for those saying they want the team to say "we were off in our estimate" they basically did. Frank said quite specifically that even without the cold, Danny likely wasn't ready. There is absolutely no reason to rush this, and if Danny was at 95% 2 weeks ago it would have made sense to predict his return last week/early this week. However, it's possible that he's progressed much slower than anticipated, hence the delay.

I'm still convinced we'll be seeing him, and soon.

cgg
02-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah exactly, my knee guy is the Ortho for FAU (Florida Atlantic University, small D-I school in south florida) athetics and his partner is actually an ortho working for the NBA. I remember seeing him leave the office to head to the airport for All-star weekend, I'll try and grab his name. I wish he was my Ortho, but I can't afford him or his time lol.

In other words my Ortho is pretty brilliant because I have had to go to many different ones. I can only imagine how insanely awesome DG's ortho is, but as active as I am I tend to stay away from the jumping and running as much as I can, which isn't very much, but in DG's case he is playing a sport where he is doing two of the harshest things you can do to your knee, which is running and jumping. Only thing worse is football where you make side to side movements that your knee was never actually meant to do. In basketball it isn't always as harsh, but when it is...it will give out sometimes (Rose tore his this way, he cuts through the lane so much it always scares me the way he plants and then it finally happened) I would never doubt that DG still picks up meds for his knee.

I went to FAU, so I know exactly where it's at. :-p

cgg
02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Alex Kennedy ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>AlexKennedyNBA (https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA)
Not sure. It explains why he has been out for so long though

I don't think he understands DG's injury since he's in the expected recovery time that we all know from simply googling it.

DJVendetta
02-19-2013, 10:22 AM
I went to FAU, so I know exactly where it's at. :-p

Oh wow lol didnt see you from delray haha

Handoverfist
02-19-2013, 10:25 AM
PG seems to be pretty close friends with Danny and by the way he talks he expects Danny back soon. He even says Danny's return will help his game.

sportfireman
02-19-2013, 10:44 AM
At this point I'll know Danny's back when I see him on the floor suited up.

Pacerized
02-19-2013, 10:45 AM

This I agree with. Even if he returned at the end of the season he still offers more off the bench then Green but there is a point where they'd have to give up on working him into the starting unit. I'd think we're about 12-14 games away from that point though. If Granger can return with as much as 15 games left in the season we'd still be better off adjusting the starting unit with Granger as long as he's capable. Right now I don't buy this report and I'm still hoping for a Wed. return. If not I'm going to feel like the flu excuse was BS.

Pacerized
02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
The last quote I read from Vogel doesn't make it sound like Granger is that far off.

Coach Frank Vogel said Granger's injured left knee "responded well" to Tuesday's practice, but Granger might not have played tonight anyway.
"He probably wouldn't be quite ready yet if he wasn't sick," Vogel said after the morning practice.
With the NBA All-Star game set for this weekend in Houston, teams will be off until the middle of next week. That makes the next opportunity for Granger to return Feb. 20 in a home game against New York. He has been out since the first week of November.
"We're hoping for right after the All-Star break, but again we'll see how this week of continuing to work goes for him," Vogel said.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130213/SPORTS/302130028/Danny-Granger-s-return-Pacers-will-wait-another-week

Day-V
02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Brooke is on with us in-studio. Just said that Danny competed in 90% of practice yesterday. Iced towards the end. Said he by and large looked pretty good out there.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Brooke is on with us in-studio. Just said that Danny competed in 90% of practice yesterday. Iced towards the end. Said he by and large looked pretty good out there.

BUT WHAT AREN'T THEY TELLING US?!

Ace E.Anderson
02-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Brooke also said that it's moreso a mental thing w/ Danny, and not a physical thing. They don't want to put Danny out there until he feels comfortable and confident in himself and his knee.

That's very reassuring at least it is to me

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 11:04 AM

He has robot legs now.

imawhat
02-19-2013, 11:07 AM

He spent the other 10% playing with the holes in his cartilage.

BillS
02-19-2013, 11:12 AM

He's really been dead since November. Kind of a "Weekend at Danny's" movie franchise thing.

RWB
02-19-2013, 11:19 AM
He's really been dead since November. Kind of a "Weekend at Danny's" movie franchise thing.

Well, there was that photo of Danny walking barefoot with the starters at a crosswalk. :hmm:

imawhat
02-19-2013, 11:20 AM
The walrus was Danny.

They're having to teach the imposter Danny how to play basketball from scratch. They thought he'd be ready by last Wednesday but he wasn't. Cough cough. He's still not ready.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 11:23 AM
If you listen to Kanye's Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy backward you find out that Granger was killed in a spelunking accident in 2008 and that a stand in has been in his place ever since.

cgg
02-19-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm watching Warehouse 13 and have discovered that there is an artifact that turns peoples insides to clay. This is clearly what happened to Dunleavy. Danny probably has it too.

RWB
02-19-2013, 11:29 AM
If you listen to Kanye's Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy backward you find out that Granger was killed in a spelunking accident in 2008 and that a stand in has been in his place ever since. So Danny was killed in his own bat cave?

cgg
02-19-2013, 11:30 AM
So Danny was killed in his own bat cave?

He was collecting bats to stock his bat cave.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 11:37 AM

would it help if he rubbed some guano on his knee?

cgg
02-19-2013, 11:43 AM
would it help if he rubbed some guano on his knee?

I think he is just waiting on delivery of the latest batsuit. The NBA rejected the one he got for the Bobcats games due to uniform restrictions.

McKeyFan
02-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Let's be fair to people who think it could be far worse . . . it's not like there's no precedent.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090302/SPORTS04/903020353/Surgery-may-next-Pacers-Dunleavy

Saying he expects a decision this week on whether he needs surgery, Indiana Pacers forward Mike Dunleavy revealed for the first time his knee injury has been an issue "for about 10 years."

Dunleavy said before Sunday's game against Denver that what has been listed as a sore right knee is actually a "giant bone spur on my right patella tendon."

Dunleavy, who isn't planning to make the Pacers' trip to the West Coast this week, has played in only 18 games this year. ...

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
We need to get Danny that magic knee brace from TDKR.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
02-19-2013, 11:52 AM
He has robot legs now.

Magic legs?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj7BPeT1pQK5VwgEPh-aUy2sXDcpfrwX4-twEYGFL1DqOUryWK

Wait Danny Granger, Lt. Dan, it all makes sense now!

graphic-er
02-19-2013, 12:00 PM
I heard the Oscar Pistorious doesn't need his blades anymore.....Maybe Danny waiting on a Fed Ex Delivery...

Edit: wouldn't that be some kind of story, a Professional athlete who's knees were so busted he decided to go with a prosthetic and he actually returned to play at a high level. Give it another 15 years.

Tom White
02-19-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm watching Warehouse 13 and have discovered that there is an artifact that turns peoples insides to clay. This is clearly what happened to Dunleavy. Danny probably has it too.

Off topic, but I absolutely love Warehouse 13!

Tom White
02-19-2013, 12:10 PM

(Danny slaps himself on the forehead) "I could have just bought some Louisville Sluggers!"

Naptown_Seth
02-19-2013, 12:10 PM
He has robot legs now.
This explains the delay. It's like an XMen powers training thing. See he jumps but it's WAY TOO MUCH and obvious that he's cyborg. So they were working with him to develop the more subtle, natural leg strength that won't be suspicious. But he'll still be grabbing dimes off the top of the backboard thanks to "hard work".

So the real question is how do the Pacers come up with a enough money to pay Paul AND CyborGranger (Trademark b*****s).

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
I heard the Oscar Pistorious doesn't need his blades anymore.....Maybe Danny waiting on a Fed Ex Delivery...

Edit: wouldn't that be some kind of story, a Professional athlete who's knees were so busted he decided to go with a prosthetic and he actually returned to play at a high level. Give it another 15 years.
Jim Abbot didn't need no damn prosthetic

graphic-er
02-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Jim Abbot didn't need no damn prosthetic

Yeah i'm not so sure thats a good example of what I am predicting. He was born with that defect.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Chris Broussard (I know) just said on Sportscenter Danny's not getting traded

BRushWithDeath
02-19-2013, 12:42 PM

Did he say sources told him?

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM
The sources....they speak to me.

cgg
02-19-2013, 12:44 PM

But what did Chad Ford say??!?!?!

Hicks
02-19-2013, 12:57 PM
But if the Pacers didn't want us to know, then it would make sense that someone other than Wells would report it.

Mmm... maybe. Wells doesn't work directly for PS&E. You could argue he might hold something back to prevent being blacklisted by them, though.

By the way, I'm still not nearly caught up with this thread, so this may already be in here, but I was listening to the SVP/Russillo show from yesterday, where Russillo was talking NBA with Tom Penn, a guy who worked in at least one NBA front office for about the past decade I think they said.

Anyway, during their discussion, at one point Russillo was throwing out hypothetical trade scenarios to see if they were ones Penn would do if he were GM of whatever team it was.

One of them was, if you were Indiana, would you do Granger for Milsap. (No, I'm not asking for that to be a discussion here, so please don't, it's not the point)

Penn quickly said no, and he said it was primarily because of how talented Granger is (more talented than Milsap), and then he said that the word is that Danny has looked great in practices. He then went on to describe the ways Danny makes us a contender, etc. It was really encouraging to hear an outsider say that about what 'the word' is about DG.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Tom Penn was Pritchard's right hand guy in Portland, he was his CBA guy. Similar to the Bird/Morway relationship, the way I understood it anyway. So you'd think he'd know as well as any other media guy. Or he's getting fed BS from his buddy, never know I suppose.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Everyone has said Granger looks good. Pretty much everyone I have seen. Except JMV, I think he said Granger didn't look that great, but I think it was only based off one practice.

Everyone that is really except Vogel.

Hicks
02-19-2013, 01:02 PM
He spent the other 10% playing with the holes in his cartilage.

It's never gonna heal if you don't stop picking, Danny!

BillS
02-19-2013, 01:17 PM

Forgot your meds again?

RWB
02-19-2013, 02:02 PM

Forgot your meds again?

I believe Joe was reading the back of a bottled water at the time.

Gold
02-19-2013, 02:03 PM
BUT WHAT DOES JA RULE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT GRANGER?

I NEED HIM TO MAKE SENSE OUT OF ALL THIS!

WHERE'S JA?

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm more interested in Dylan's opinion.

90'sNBARocked
02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Where is Ja? lol

Hicks
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Well, after what I've read/heard today, I think he'll be back soon. Sounds to me like the hole in the cartilage thing may be part of the original injury in the first place (well, maybe; I'm still not positive), and in any case it sounds like his body is ready but his mind is not. As long as his body holds up, I think it's a short matter of time before we see him out there.

I'm going to tell myself "next week" and hope for this week.

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 03:07 PM
And we continue to wait....

Indiana Pacers ‏@Pacers

"We're going to hold him out tomorrow." - Coach Vogel says @dgranger33 will not play Wednesday. pic.twitter.com/UIVboS69
View photo

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
:khan:

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 03:11 PM
way to get my hopes up

Lord Helmet
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Sigh.

I guess it is better to be more of a mental issue than physical one, though.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Brooke O. tweeted "possible weekend action"

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Shocking.

Derek2k3
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Eff.

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 03:18 PM

"Possible action against the Bobcats." "Possible action against the Knicks." It's the same story every game. We hear that there's a chance he will be play, only to read that they are holding him out another game. The question is how much longer is this cycle going to repeat itself?

It's a bit concerning that they are announcing this the day before the game. Not even waiting to see how he felt tomorrow makes it seem like there wasn't much of a chance at all.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 03:19 PM
It's the same story for two games. He's not dead.

RWB
02-19-2013, 03:20 PM
No predictions from me that's for sure. I convinced Mrs. RWB it would be the New York game so she is taking a hour off work so we can be there on time. Guess it could have been worse where I p!ssed away tickets to games we couldn't make it to.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 03:21 PM
No predictions from me that's for sure. I convinced Mrs. RWB it would be the New York game so she is taking a hour off work so we can be there on time. Guess it could have been worse where I p!ssed away tickets to games we couldn't make it to.

I mean it's still Knicks-Pacers and the 2 and 3 teams in the East....

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 03:23 PM
It's the same story for two games. He's not dead.

I'll bet that the cycle is repeated against Detroit on Friday.

BillS
02-19-2013, 03:23 PM

:lmao: :rotflmao:

BillS
02-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I'll bet that the cycle is repeated against Detroit on Friday.

Nah, I'm missing that game, so Granger will likely be back.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 03:24 PM
:lmao: :rotflmao:

That's a bingo

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 03:25 PM

That's exactly how I'm looking at it too. Not planning on being able to go to that game, so he will probbaly come back and put up 30.

RWB
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
I mean it's still Knicks-Pacers and the 2 and 3 teams in the East....

Already had the tickets in our mini plan so we didn't pick them up for just that reason. However, the timing for Mrs. RWB to ask for some earlier time off didn't come at the most convenient time.

Since86
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't understand what two days is going to do for a mental issue. Is that extra day of practice really going to quell the fears? I doubt it. The best way to get over being afraid to do something, is to just do it.

gummy
02-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Hmmmm. The guy doesn't seem to know that Danny has tendinosis, not tendonitis. That makes it hard for me to take whatever else he says about the injury seriously.

But the waiting game is getting a bit frustrating.

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
I don't understand what two days is going to do for a mental issue. Is that extra day of practice really going to quell the fears? I doubt it. The best way to get over being afraid to do something, is to just do it.

If the big issue is mental, then yeah I agree.

Had he played the Charlotte game, then he would have had an entire week to recover physically and mentally. Also, he had an entire week off to mentally prepare for the game tomorrow. IF he is physically ready, then it would have made sense to play in one of those games. The fact that they are announcing this today and not tomorrow makes me worried. It makes it seem like there wasn't much of a chance at all.

rock747
02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
So Danny wasn't really sick last Wednesday probably...

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 03:36 PM
So Danny wasn't really sick last Wednesday probably...

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but I don't think it had anything to do with why he didn't play. Didn't Vogel say he probably wouldn't have played anyway? I'd have to go back and find the quote.

Since86
02-19-2013, 03:37 PM
If he was having phsyical setbacks, then they wouldn't keep upping how much he participates in practices. They'd sit him down.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Is everyone in the Pacers org in on the whole "Danny looks good thing" then? I'm just sayin'....I think it's more likely he's just taking his time. If his pain is already decreasing after each practice then let him do it I guess.

RWB
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Maybe Roy can hook up Danny with his doctor.

cgg
02-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Could be little mental things like bad passes, not rotating right, messing up plays, etc. He's only had 3 practices.

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 03:42 PM
So what's the over/under on how long it takes Wells to again complain about getting Granger questions? Does anyone have a pool going yet? It's been five hours since he last complained about it on twitter.

RWB
Could be little mental things like bad passes, not rotating right, messing up plays, etc. He's only had 3 practices.
Sounds like he would fit right in with that second unit.

cgg
So what's the over/under on how long it takes Wells to again complain about getting Granger questions? Does anyone have a pool going yet? It's been five hours since he last complained about it on twitter.

Depends how much we ask him!!!!

Since86
02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Does Frank's "we're going to hold him back" have any significance? How people word things, especially publically on record, is pretty important.

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Does Frank's "we're going to hold him back" have any significance? How people word things, especially publically on record, is pretty important.

Not for Frank. He told Wells he'd play last Wednesday then 2 minutes later told Fox59 MAYBE he'd play

RWB
02-19-2013, 03:45 PM

Frank is a great soldier for the team. Remember he has also told the world everyone is afraid to face the Pacers at times too. I take what Frank says with a grain of salt.

Lord Helmet
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM
He'll cry about it tomorrow, I bet.

Complaining about your job...classic. :laugh:

Sollozzo
02-19-2013, 03:50 PM
He'll cry about it tomorrow, I bet.

Complaining about your job...classic. :laugh:

I got by 10 PM tonight.

Lord Helmet
02-19-2013, 03:53 PM
I got by 10 PM tonight.
That's a good guess. Maybe we should just make the "Official Mike Wells crying on Twitter over Granger updates thread"

I think he'll cry tomorrow because people were thinking Danny was going to play tomorrow at worst and people will be upset and demanding answers from you know, a guy that COVERS THE PACERS.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I honestly don't care, but I think both Wells and MJB whining about it has been one of the most unprofessional things I've seen consistently from two people on twitter in a long time. Especially with Wells, you are the freaking Pacers beat reporter for crying out loud. No one is making you reply to every Granger question. Quit your damn whining you sally.

Ace E.Anderson
02-19-2013, 04:02 PM
So instead of going through the last few pages of the thread, I'm going to assume that it's official that Danny is out for tomorrow's game??

sigh

CableKC
There is someone here on PD that is strangely silent on this recent revelation about Granger's absense. :chin: :stirthepo

SMosley21

I don't understand why people are upset about Wells being annoyed by the question. If he had any information he would post it. But there's a large group of people on twitter who can't grasp that concept.

If someone asks me how much the cost of gas is and I say I don't know, then 100 more people ask me the same question before I ever get to visit a gas station to see the price, I'd be pretty annoyed by the question too.

Tom White
02-19-2013, 04:03 PM

She was referring to Granger playing, wasn't she? Cause otherwise that's an over-sharing penalty.

cgg
02-19-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't understand why people are upset about Wells being annoyed by the question. If he had any information he would post it. But there's a large group of people on twitter who can't grasp that concept.

If someone asks me how much the cost of gas is and I say I don't know, then 100 more people ask me the same question before I ever get to visit a gas station to see the price, I'd be pretty annoyed by the question too.

If you're paid to provide the public with information on gas prices...

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 04:07 PM

Is your job to tell people the price of gas? Then you best expect people to ask what the price of gas is.

His job is to report on the Pacers. The leading scorer for the Pacers for the past half decade hasn't played a game yet and when he is returning is up in the air, Wells better expect to get questions about that. Repeatedly. Especially on a medium like twitter, if he doesn't like it he needs to get a new job or get off twitter.

RWB
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
I think it would be better if folks stopped following Mike Wells on twitter. You know, similar to fans who have stopped following the Pacers as Mike has pointed out.

SMosley21
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Is your job to tell people the price of gas? Then you best expect people to ask what the price of gas is.

His job is to report on the Pacers. The leading scorer for the Pacers for the past half decade hasn't played a game yet and when he is returning is up in the air, Wells better expect to get questions about that. Repeatedly. Especially on a medium like twitter, if he doesn't like it he needs to get a new job or get off twitter.

His job is to report on the Pacers. He does that. His job ISN'T to answer fan questions on twitter. Considering Granger himself isn't even talking to the media, I don't understand what people expect Wells to tell us outside of what he has already done. If he had the information on Granger that people are asking him about, he would report it. People act like Wells is hiding some deep dark secret about when Granger is coming back.

boombaby1987
02-19-2013, 04:13 PM

If you were the gas price "expert", yes I would expect you to answer the question, or at least ignore it and not ***** and whine about it.

Since86
02-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Mike is just now figuring out that dealing with people all day sucks. Cry me a river. Just think about how awful he'd whine if he had to answer a phone, instead of ignoring their tweets.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 04:14 PM
His job is to report on the Pacers. He does that. His job ISN'T to answer fan questions on twitter. Considering Granger himself isn't even talking to the media, I don't understand what people expect Wells to tell us outside of what he has already done. If he had the information on Granger that people are asking him about, he would report it. People act like Wells is hiding some deep dark secret about when Granger is coming back.

I'm not saying his job is to answer fan questions on twitter. I am saying his job does make it so that he looks like a gigantic asshat when he complains about being asked questions pertaining to his job. He doesn't have to answer them and he doesn't have to complain about them.

I am not asking Wells to answer every questions and I'm not asking him to give us answers he doesn't have, but I am saying he should stop complaining about receiving the questions.

SMosley21
02-19-2013, 04:17 PM
If you were the gas price "expert", yes I would expect you to answer the question, or at least ignore it and not ***** and whine about it.

Since when is Wells the Pacers "expert"? He's a beat writer. He writes about the team. He is by no means the all knowing messiah of Pacers information. When there is significant news about the Pacers, Wells delivers it. When there isn't any news, what do you expect? "He needs to stop whining!" Why? It's his twitter account. He can do whatever he wants with it. If you don't like what he has to say you can always unfollow him. There are plenty of other people to follow and still get your Pacers info from. Our very own MAStamper does a pretty darn thorough job of posting any and all Pacers tidbits on the web.

Sandman21
02-19-2013, 04:19 PM
I hear @milewellsnba knows when Danny is coming back, but he aint talking. ;)

Lord Helmet
02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
As the thread is going slightly off topic with the Wells complaining talk, we probably should make the "Official Mike Wells crying on Twitter over Granger questions thread" :laugh:

Nuntius
02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
If you're paid to provide the public with information on gas prices...

But if the gas prices have not changed in the last month ;)

Lord Helmet
02-19-2013, 04:21 PM
I hear @milewellsnba knows when Danny is coming back, but he aint talking. ;)
No one knows what the Old Number 7 Brand meant, and the only one who knows ain't talkin'.

cgg
02-19-2013, 04:22 PM

They have changed!!! AND MIKE WELLS KNOWS IT. OKAY?!

Trader Joe

Again, no one is making him respond to every tweet.

It would be like if I got on twitter and complained about people asking me my street rates for my buildings even though they haven't changed all year.

RWB

Now you've done it..... gas prices have went up about 40 cents a gallon in the last month. :mad:

Nuntius
02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
I have to say that the Page 3 of this topic was just golden :laugh:

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Twitter's changed the world you guys

Nuntius
02-19-2013, 04:26 PM
I guess that my point is that I can understand Wells' frustration because I am tired as well of seeing people complaining about when Granger comes back.

Does this make me a jackass? Could be. I don't know :)

SMosley21
02-19-2013, 04:28 PM
I have to say that the Page 3 of this topic was just golden :laugh:

I could (and probably will) read that page a few more times and not get sick of it.

BobbyMac
02-19-2013, 04:56 PM

Since Wells seems to want to create controversy at every opportunity I'm sure if there was a problem he couldn't wait to break the story.

McKeyFan
02-19-2013, 06:31 PM
There is someone here on PD that is strangely silent on this recent revelation about Granger's absense. :chin: :stirthepo
Maybe he found a life.

I stumbled into one the past few days and haven't posted much.

Day-V
02-19-2013, 07:06 PM

If we lose that game because you're not the there on the jumbotron before tip-off giving everyone the "stand up" motion, I'm going to be severely pissed.

Mackey_Rose
02-19-2013, 08:04 PM
If he was as tough as that guy in the pictures with those broken veneers, wouldn't he just suck it up, and get over this "mental" issue and get back out on the court?

King Tuts Tomb
02-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Just heard Wells on Jason Whitlock podcast say that Granger isn't playing on Wed against the Knicks but will definitely play against the Pistons either Friday or Saturday.

Mackey_Rose
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Just heard Wells on Jason Whitlock podcast say that Granger isn't playing on Wed against the Knicks but will definitely play against the Pistons either Friday or Saturday.

Can you imagine if he had to tweet something like that to his 1000's of followers, instead of saying it on a podcast that dozens of people listen to? Tough job he's got.

diamonddave00
02-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Could be Pacers want Danny's first game back likely rusty to be a road game Saturday night vs the Pistons.

Derek2k3
02-19-2013, 09:05 PM

Boy, I hope so.

rock747
02-19-2013, 10:31 PM
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter
Derrick Rose looked "really good" & is ready for game action, according to eyewitness source at Bulls' practice (via @Chris_Broussard)

Granger can't come back soon enough....

boombaby1987
02-19-2013, 10:39 PM
I would love to be there for Granger's first game back in Detroit.

Hicks
02-19-2013, 11:23 PM
If he was as tough as that guy in the pictures with those broken veneers, wouldn't he just suck it up, and get over this "mental" issue and get back out on the court?

Or he's just finishing the strategy they've had this entire time by not rushing back and letting things play out without shortcuts.

Aren't you the guy who said a concussion is just a headache?

Heisenberg
02-19-2013, 11:26 PM

And earlier today Thibodeau was quoted as saying it's possible he could miss the year. And you guys think we're getting jerked around with Danny.

cgg
02-19-2013, 11:31 PM
And earlier today Thibodeau was quoted as saying it's possible he could miss the year. And you guys think we're getting jerked around with Danny.

There's also been reports that he now has a 50 inch vertical, while still being unable to dunk.

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Or he's just finishing the strategy they've had this entire time by not rushing back and letting things play out without shortcuts.

Aren't you the guy who said a concussion is just a headache?

I don't think that was him....was it?

Trader Joe
02-19-2013, 11:33 PM

Yeah, the guy that can't dunk looks amazing, and Ben Hansbrough is about to make the "leap"

Hicks
02-20-2013, 12:02 AM
I don't think that was him....was it?

Different username at the time.

Pacerized
02-20-2013, 01:07 AM
This sucks

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130219/SPORTS/302190065/Pacers-Danny-Granger-will-not-play-against-Knicks

The only hesitation the Indiana Pacers still have regarding injured forward Danny Granger is when to use him in an actual game.Granger’s left knee may appear to be fine, but he won’t play Wednesday when the NBA season resumes with the New York Knicks visiting Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Granger appeared confident Tuesday when he practiced with the first unit. He attacked the basket with his traditional full head of steam, showing the type of moves that helped make him an All-Star.
“Once he put that ball on the floor his mind is made up if he’s going to the basket or not,” Paul George, the Pacers’ latest All-Star, said Tuesday. “He has that burst that we saw last year, throughout his whole career going to the basket.
“When he puts that ball on the floor, he’s going.”
Pacers coach Frank Vogel said Granger is “very close” to returning. But tonight is not expected to be that night.
“You can tell he hasn’t played in a long time,” Vogel said. “He makes some plays that look like he’s All-Star Danny Granger; some plays he looks like he’s still getting back.
“(Returning) is about his comfort level. To come back from an injury like this you’ve got to feel comfortable with every moment you’re doing. He’s not quite there yet.”
Granger wasn’t available for comment Tuesday. He has not talked to the media since being officially sidelined the first week of November.
The Pacers could use Granger’s length tonight in defending one of the NBA’s most unique offenses.

Cactus Jax
02-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Unique is not how I'd imply the Knicks offense. They got Melo who shoots a ton of shots, and JR Smith who shoots a lot off the bench, basically everyone else is a 3 point shooter, and Tyson Chandler rebounds, gets lobs, and easy plays.

CableKC
02-20-2013, 01:40 AM
This sucks

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130219/SPORTS/302190065/Pacers-Danny-Granger-will-not-play-against-Knicks

The only hesitation the Indiana Pacers still have regarding injured forward Danny Granger is when to use him in an actual game.Granger’s left knee may appear to be fine, but he won’t play Wednesday when the NBA season resumes with the New York Knicks visiting Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Granger appeared confident Tuesday when he practiced with the first unit. He attacked the basket with his traditional full head of steam, showing the type of moves that helped make him an All-Star.
“Once he put that ball on the floor his mind is made up if he’s going to the basket or not,” Paul George, the Pacers’ latest All-Star, said Tuesday. “He has that burst that we saw last year, throughout his whole career going to the basket.
“When he puts that ball on the floor, he’s going.”
Pacers coach Frank Vogel said Granger is “very close” to returning. But tonight is not expected to be that night.
“You can tell he hasn’t played in a long time,” Vogel said. “He makes some plays that look like he’s All-Star Danny Granger; some plays he looks like he’s still getting back.
“(Returning) is about his comfort level. To come back from an injury like this you’ve got to feel comfortable with every moment you’re doing. He’s not quite there yet.”
Granger wasn’t available for comment Tuesday. He has not talked to the media since being officially sidelined the first week of November.
The Pacers could use Granger’s length tonight in defending one of the NBA’s most unique offenses.
Now, it's just a matter of when he's comfortable?

Next, it will be because he forgot his shoes at home.....where is vnzla81 when you need him?

Heisenberg
02-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Some of you guys should really look up what tendonosis actually is. It's not like he just has a sore knee. I love Danny, and I mean LOVE the dude, but we have to trade him for value as an expiring contract this summer. Highest pick you can get + 1 year nobody money matching contracts. The pre-draft worries that had him fall to the 17th pick are finally coming home to roost. I'd love nothing more since Reggie's banner getting stuck as he tried to pull it up (kinda sums up the Pacers as an NBA franchise right there), but we have to move him this summer.

McKeyFan
02-20-2013, 05:11 AM
Now, it's just a matter of when he's comfortable?

Next, it will be because he forgot his shoes at home.....where is vnzla81 when you need him?

I've been telling you guys you need him. Every story needs a villain. He's the Jack Nicholson of PD.

BillS
02-20-2013, 09:38 AM

It seems to me that "mental" is more in regards to how he is working in with the other guys on the floor more than "I think I might get hurt again".

cgg
02-20-2013, 09:46 AM
It seems to me that "mental" is more in regards to how he is working in with the other guys on the floor more than "I think I might get hurt again".

That's what I thought yesterday.

Since86
02-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Some of you guys should really look up what tendonosis actually is. It's not like he just has a sore knee. I love Danny, and I mean LOVE the dude, but we have to trade him for value as an expiring contract this summer.

If the Pacers should trade him, because of how bad the injury is by definition, then what team is going to be dumb enough to take him on? They have access to wiki too.

Since86
02-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Could be Pacers want Danny's first game back likely rusty to be a road game Saturday night vs the Pistons.

I think this is it. I would bet it's more of a standings thing than anything else.

If Danny is driving to the basket so well, it doesn't make much sense that he would have a mental block. Guys that have knee issues that aren't sure about their knees, stay out of the middle and stay out on the perimeter.

The Pacers can get by with shaky chemistry trying to work him back in game against the Pistons. Not so much against the Knicks.

cgg
02-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Some of you guys should really look up what tendonosis actually is. It's not like he just has a sore knee. I love Danny, and I mean LOVE the dude, but we have to trade him for value as an expiring contract this summer. Highest pick you can get + 1 year nobody money matching contracts. The pre-draft worries that had him fall to the 17th pick are finally coming home to roost. I'd love nothing more since Reggie's banner getting stuck as he tried to pull it up (kinda sums up the Pacers as an NBA franchise right there), but we have to move him this summer.

The only other player I've seen with tendonosis is Tim Duncan in 2009. He's been doing okay.

graphic-er
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
i think its just because the game is so important that Vogel does not want to risk a let down. Sure Danny go head and get a few more days of rest and practice and we'll bring you back against Detroit. We'll let you have your way with their scrubs.

Ace E.Anderson
02-20-2013, 10:34 AM

Doesn't matter either way, ya know since he's so "fake tough"

Bball
02-20-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm just guessing that playing on the wings might be more demanding for one s knee than for an inside player like Duncan...

cgg
02-20-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm just guessing that playing on the wings might be more demanding for one s knee than for an inside player like Duncan...

I don't know. Bigs have to run further to get down low on ever possession.

Hicks
02-20-2013, 11:09 AM

And I would imagine banging in the post wears on one's knees as well.

aamcguy
02-20-2013, 11:12 AM

I don't think the running's the problem, it's the stress a sharp cut or a jump will put on the knee. On the other hand, big men are heavier and they are constantly fighting for position with those bigger guys using their lower body for the bulk of the weight.

I don't think this is really an injury where you can say one position is better off than the others. Everybody in the league runs, jumps, jockeys for position, etc. No matter what position they play.

Since86
02-20-2013, 11:14 AM
I don't think the running's the problem, it's the stress a sharp cut or a jump will put on the knee.

Running puts a whole lot of stress on your knees. You have 95% of your weight coming down on one joint at a time.

BillS
02-20-2013, 11:14 AM
If Danny is driving to the basket so well, it doesn't make much sense that he would have a mental block. Guys that have knee issues that aren't sure about their knees, stay out of the middle and stay out on the perimeter.

Yep, this is why I'm feeling we're dealing with a smooth integration issue rather than a personal one. Especially since I think the offense is a little different than it was when he was previously on the floor.

Derek2k3
02-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Vogel just said "Any day now" when asked about Granger.

Said they wanted to get him back tonight, but he's just not all the way there. Said it's little things, and they really want to get him back Friday or Saturday.

Trader Joe
02-20-2013, 11:27 AM
You have to think they are just worried about him missing an assignment against the KNicks in a big game like this.

Goyle
02-20-2013, 12:07 PM
If the Pacers should trade him, because of how bad the injury is by definition, then what team is going to be dumb enough to take him on? They have access to wiki too.

Also, wouldn't this lead to re-signing him for cheap like we did West? There shouldn't be a rush to trade him.

Hicks
02-20-2013, 12:18 PM
I've been telling you guys you need him. Every story needs a villain. He's the Jack Nicholson of PD.

Meh. I'm not here to be a protagonist or an antagonist; I'm here to talk about the team with others who want to do the same, preferable communicating in a way that doesn't make me want to kick a cat.

Hicks
02-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Anyway, yeah, I'm with those who assume it's a matter of getting him up to speed with how we run things now (along with shaking off the rust in general from not playing basketball since October [which even then was after not playing with these guys much since May of last year]).

Naptown_Seth
02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
That's how I read it. It sounds like he's really rusty in terms of team flow, the very "chemistry" thing some fans were so worried about. Sounds like DG wants to come back an integrate cleanly, or Vogel wants it that way and Danny is agreeing with him.

bballpacen
02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
While I personally want to buy into the idea that he is just rusty/not quite into the flow of things or whatever, he has got to be a better option than GG or Sam Young for 10 minutes or so... Wouldn't the best way to shake off the rust be to get out there and work up a sweat... Personally, I now think that I can be counted in the concerned column after not being all season long.

ejwallace
02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
So apparently Danny is out for tonight's game as well??

MmmmBrett ‏@_BrettJohnson_
Is danny making his return to the @Pacers tonight?

Indiana Pacers ‏@Pacers
@_BrettJohnson_ Not tonight.

MmmmBrett ‏@_BrettJohnson_
@Pacers has there been a date set for when he will return?

Indiana Pacers ‏@Pacers
@_BrettJohnson_ He's listed as day-to-day.

Hicks
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM

No, he's not playing. That news hit yesterday.

Nothing is set for sure, but it seems like he'll be in uniform by Saturday, maybe Friday.

boombaby1987
02-20-2013, 12:41 PM

Yea, that has been known since Yesterday.

Nuntius
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
We'll let you have your way with their scrubs.

Detroit's second unit could actualy be better than their 1st unit :-p

At least, that was the case prior to the Calderon trade.

cgg
02-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Brandon Rush ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>BRush_4 (https://twitter.com/BRush_4)
<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(102, 181, 210);">@</s>MikeWellsNBA (https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA) DG back?

​Brandon Rush trolling Wells? lol

duke dynamite
02-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Brandon Rush ‏<s style="color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>BRush_4 (https://twitter.com/BRush_4)
<s style="color: rgb(102, 181, 210);">@</s>MikeWellsNBA (https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA) DG back?

This is where Wells says, "You back?"

lolz

BPump33
02-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Brandon Rush ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>BRush_4 (https://twitter.com/BRush_4)
<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(102, 181, 210);">@</s>MikeWellsNBA (https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA) DG back?

Nah, I think he was just replying to the Wells article. Wells did reply with "this weekend probably."

Derek2k3
02-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Nah, I think he was just replying to the Wells article. Wells did reply with "this weekend probably."

In Wells' article he states rather definitively:
So for those of you aching for the Pacers to make a move, relax, that player will make his season debut either Friday or Saturday against the Detroit Pistons

Source: They will upgrade their roster. His name is Danny Granger/ (http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/2013/02/21/pacers-they-will-upgrade-their-roster-his-name-is-danny-granger/)

Yet yesterday Frank said he'd like to see Danny back this weekend but there's no definitive date.

ejwallace
02-22-2013, 09:17 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Barring a last-min change, Granger will NOT play tonight. So do @<a href="https://twitter.com/mark_j_boyle">mark_j_boyle</a> (and me) a favor n don't ask him.Grumpy is his middle name.</p>&mdash; Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/304959103996919809">February 22, 2013</a></blockquote>

Nuntius
02-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Let's hope he plays tomorrow :)

Trader Joe
02-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Damn it.

Since86
02-22-2013, 09:35 AM
This is starting to **** me off.

billbradley
02-22-2013, 09:39 AM
"Barring a last minute change." Hanging on by a thread. I want to think the worst, but then they say stuff like this coupled with the "great practices," and then I don't know what to think...

Hicks
02-22-2013, 09:43 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Barring a last-min change, Granger will NOT play tonight. So do @<a href="https://twitter.com/mark_j_boyle">mark_j_boyle</a> (and me) a favor n don't ask him.Grumpy is his middle name.</p>— Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/304959103996919809">February 22, 2013</a></blockquote>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xFGfWrJR5Ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Unclebuck
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Patience in a virtue. Plus what choice do you have. Sure you can freak out, but what good does that do you

SMosley21
02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
At this point, I'm resigned to the idea that he's not going to play this season. If he does, that would be awesome. But I'm sick of hearing this "maybe next game" crap.

DJVendetta
02-22-2013, 09:50 AM
this is more than just annoying. I almost wish they never said anything about him possibly returning this week and just BAM surprised the **** out of us

Ace E.Anderson
02-22-2013, 10:09 AM
So we're getting an "upgrade and his name is Danny Granger"...only we're not

Just sit him at this point. This on again off again **** is downright annoying.

We initially heard early February, then before the AS game, and then soon after the AS game; all the while it's damn near March and he hasn't suited up.

Pacers--quit making false claims about when the guy will or will not play. Just say he's out indefinitely and you don't know when/if he's coming back.

Sookie
02-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Relax. It's probably about Danny getting into game shape. He's been injured for a while. And it's better to not send him back too soon.

Also probably better to not play him on the first night of a back to back.

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 10:37 AM
At this point, I'm resigned to the idea that he's not going to play this season. If he does, that would be awesome. But I'm sick of hearing this "maybe next game" crap.

Same.

At this point, I'm telling myself that he isn't going to play this season and that we are going to have to just roll with what we have. I'd rather be pessimistic and then pleasantly surprised, as opposed to being optimistic and then crushed. When he didn't play before the all star game, I said that I didn't think we'd see him in the month of February. So far, there's nothing to make me second guess that prediction. It's been the same cycle for three straight games now. We're told that he looks good in practice and might play, only to be told that he isn't playing. If he couldn't play either of these two home games after all of the rest over all star break, then are we really supposed to think that he'll be in Detroit tomorrow after traveling?

This is like 2007 Marvin Harrison injury all over again. I get that it's a different player in different sport with a different injury. But it's playing out the same way. When Harrison missed all of those games that season, we were repeatedly told that he was practicing and that he'd be playing if it were a playoff game. When he finally suited up for the playoff game, he clearly had no business being out there. He had a costly red zone fumble at the beginning of the game and was pulled out of the game in the fourth quarter because he clearly wasn't ready.

Hicks
02-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Patience in a virtue. Plus what choice do you have. Sure you can freak out, but what good does that do you

I'm far from freaked out, but I am frustrated for sure. It's sounded as though he was very close to returning since over a week ago, so now each game he misses feels like a tease.

Hicks
02-22-2013, 10:49 AM

See, I'm in the worst position right now: I really DO think he's going to play this season, and very soon. So these repeated false starts are driving me a little nuts.

cgg
02-22-2013, 10:53 AM
If they say "he will probably return on friday or saturday" and then he doesn't play on friday then that isn't a false report.

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Relax. It's probably about Danny getting into game shape. He's been injured for a while. And it's better to not send him back too soon.

Also probably better to not play him on the first night of a back to back.

That all sounds fine and encouraging in theory, but it's been going on for a month now. First they were targeting that Bulls game in February. Then it was going to be the Bobcats game right before the all star break. Then it was the Knicks game on Wednesday, or at worst one of the Pistons games over the weekend. Yet he hasn't touched the court. I get that dealing with injuries isn't a precise science, but at some point all of this has to become concerning. It's going to be March in a week and we will be zeroing in on the final stretch of the regular season. We're going to presumably need a couple weeks or so for everyone to get comfortable with their adjusted roles once (if) he returns.

Not to pick on you, but it seems like there's a new excuse every time he doesn't play: We don't want him playing against the Knicks because they are a good team and we don't want a rusty Granger missing assignments. We don't want him playing against Detroit tonight because a back to back (even though him playing tonight doesn't mean that would have had to play tomorrow - he could have rested). We had a the Bobcats game right before the all star break where he could have rested for an entire week after, and we had the NY game after an entire week of rest. I couldn't think of anything more favorable than playing in one of those two games, if he was physically ready to come back.

cgg
02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
That all sounds fine and encouraging in theory, but it's been going on for a month now. First they were targeting that Bulls game in February. Then it was going to be the Bobcats game right before the all star break. Then it was the Knicks game on Wednesday, or at worst one of the Pistons games over the weekend. Yet he hasn't touched the court. I get that dealing with injuries isn't a precise science, but at some point all of this has to become concerning. It's going to be March in a week and we will be zeroing in on the final stretch of the regular season. We're going to presumably need a couple weeks or so for everyone to get comfortable with their adjusted roles once (if) he returns.

Not to pick on you, but it seems like there's a new excuse every time he doesn't play: We don't want him playing against the Knicks because they are a good team and we don't want a rusty Granger missing assignments. We don't want him playing against Detroit tonight because a back to back (even though him playing tonight doesn't mean that would have had to play tomorrow - he could have rested). We had a the Bobcats game right before the all star break where he could have rested for an entire week after, and we had the NY game after an entire week of rest. I couldn't think of anything more favorable than playing in one of those two games, if he was physically ready to come back.

I'm pretty sure it was never the Bulls game. It was either the Nets game or the Bobcats game they said he could be back. 11 days is not "going on a month."

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
If they say "he will probably return on friday or saturday" and then he doesn't play on friday then that isn't a false report.

True. But he's had all of this time to rest at home and play in some very favorable home games, yet hasn't. So are we really supposed to believe that he's going to travel up to Detroit tomorrow and play? I hope I'm wrong, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty sure it was never the Bulls game. It was either the Nets game or the Bobcats game they said he could be back. 11 days is not "going on a month."

I thought that there was some initial chatter about eying that Bulls game, though maybe I'm wrong. It certainly wasn't as seriously talked about as the last three though. Maybe "a month" was a bit extreme on my part, but I do think it's reached a point that it's concerning, especially if he doesn't play tomorrow either.

cgg
02-22-2013, 11:09 AM
True. But he's had all of this time to rest at home and play in some very favorable home games, yet hasn't. So are we really supposed to believe that he's going to travel up to Detroit tomorrow and play? I hope I'm wrong, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

He's not resting at home. He's practicing.

cgg
02-22-2013, 11:11 AM
I thought that there was some initial chatter about eying that Bulls game, though maybe I'm wrong. It certainly wasn't as seriously talked about as the last three though. Maybe "a month" was a bit extreme on my part, but I do think it's reached a point that it's concerning, especially if he doesn't play tomorrow either.

That was just someone posting that he should come back that game. There was no actual info from the team saying that.

MiaDragon
02-22-2013, 11:13 AM

As soon as I heard he was going to miss significant time with a knee issue I quietly wondered if we had seen Danny play for the last time. I'm still not sure that's not the case. I can see him coming back "re" aggravating it and hanging them up, just my thoughts I'm no doctor or anything. As it stands I think we are in a good position to make a deep run with the roster as it sits GO PACERS!

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 11:15 AM
He's not resting at home. He's practicing.

I don't mean that he's spending 100% of his time resting. I just meant that he has been at home in Indy (right?) over this recent stretch, i.e. a "resting" environment. If he doesn't play tonight then that means he will have missed three straight home games. There was a ton of time in between the Bobcats and Knicks game because of the AS break. If he's not playing tonight, then I have a really hard time he'll all of the sudden play tomorrow after traveling, but we'll see. I'd love to be wrong.

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Barring a last-min change, Granger will NOT play tonight. So do @<a href="https://twitter.com/mark_j_boyle">mark_j_boyle</a> (and me) a favor n don't ask him.Grumpy is his middle name.</p> Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/304959103996919809">February 22, 2013</a></blockquote>

So is every Wells Granger tweet for the rest of the year going to consist of him smugly telling us not to bother them with questions? Sheesh, how hard is it to ignore tweets? I'm sure people far more famous than Wells get bombarded with tons of silly tweets every day.

Trader Joe
02-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Danny is waiting on the new software update for his robot legs.

cgg
02-22-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't mean that he's spending 100% of his time resting. I just meant that he has been at home in Indy (right?) over this recent stretch, i.e. a "resting" environment. If he doesn't play tonight then that means he will have missed three straight home games. There was a ton of time in between the Bobcats and Knicks game because of the AS break. If he's not playing tonight, then I have a really hard time he'll all of the sudden play tomorrow after traveling, but we'll see. I'd love to be wrong.

If they just said today without mentioning tomorrow originally I might agree with you, but they specifically said "Friday or Saturday " I think there's a good chance that if he did play today then he wouldn't play tomorrow anyway. First game back is nice to have a day off instead of pushing through a back to back when he's not in game shape.

Trader Joe
02-22-2013, 11:28 AM
I do have to say though, if he were only going to play in one of the games this weekend, why not play him at home tonight? Of course maybe you want more bodies for the second night. Yep, that is how I'm rationalizing it.

BPump33
02-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
"He's cleared to play but we're not going to throw him out there if he's not sharp, not in shape or have his rhythm and timing down" - Vogel

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 11:31 AM
I do have to say though, if he were only going to play in one of the games this weekend, why not play him at home tonight? Of course maybe you want more bodies for the second night. Yep, that is how I'm rationalizing it.

I honestly cannot think of a more favorable set of games than these last three. You had the pathetic Bobcats which was followed by a week off for the AS break in which he could have rested. You had the Knicks in town after that week of rest. And tonight you have the inferior Pistons in town. If he's physically ready, then I can't imagine having a better set of games than these.

cgg
02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Is he gonna become sharp in one day? I guess he could have just looked off today.

I kinda prefer this to him coming back and looking bad for extra games (like the first 10 games of the lockout).

Trader Joe
02-22-2013, 11:38 AM
if you noticed against the Knicks like Seth and I did, Danny never hit the bench. usually he would hit the bench in the second half, suggesting he was working out first half. My belief is that Danny is doing game simulations. Right now his body is used to going hard during practice time, not game time. So you slap on him a tread mill or doing drills from 7-9 and you say when the team goes hard, you go hard, etc. You give him breaks (time on the bench) and you get his body back to going hard from 7-9 typically. I think that is why he was not on the bench on Wednesday and it's likely they maybe decided to give that another day. It was the first time since Danny has been back on bench duty that he has not appeared so I think this makes a lot of sense.

Mackey_Rose
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Is he gonna become sharp in one day? I guess he could have just looked off today.

I kinda prefer this to him coming back and looking bad for extra games (like the first 10 games of the lockout).

Even if he waited until April to come back, it seems unreasonable not to expect a heavy amount of rust.

cgg
02-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Even if he waited until April to come back, it seems unreasonable not to expect a heavy amount of rust.

Of course, but more practice is less rust.

Hicks
02-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Personally, I'd rather see him shake off the rust in real games than in practice. I can kind of see why they are doing it this way (we're winning, we're already really good), but I can't imagine a rusty Danny Granger being THAT detrimental to the team, if at all. I mean, isn't a home and home with Detroit a good time to get that over with rather than vs New York or Golden State or LA?

billbradley
02-22-2013, 12:25 PM
That's what I don't get. When is there going to be a better time than now? Certainly not versus the Warriors or Clippers!

Wouldn't it make more sense for Danny to get Sam Young's 5 minutes now?

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 12:29 PM
That's what I don't get. When is there going to be a better time than now? Certainly not versus the Warriors or Clippers!

Wouldn't it make more sense for Danny to get Sam Young's 5 minutes now?

Exactly. I don't see how anyone can argue around the fact that these last three home games were the most desirable games for him to start playing, IF he is healthy and ready. After playing in Detroit tomorrow, we go to GS, LAC, and Toronto. That's three road games, including two tough ones. Then we have Chicago and Boston here (both tough), before going to Orlando and Miami. None of that is more desirable than the Bobcats, Knicks, or Detroit game tonight.

Justin Tyme
02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Patience in a virtue. Plus what choice do you have.

Sure you can freak out, but what good does that do you

Not a virtue of mine.

BUT in this case I don't care when he comes back. With a 33-21 record, it's not like his absense has caused major problems for the Pacers. It's allowed PG and Lance to grow, and that has been a wonderful thing! I look at it this way, he'll be back when he back and not before. I probably miss him less than most. That's not a slap at Granger, it's I've gotten use to him not playing and enjoy watching this team play w/o him. AGAIN 33-21 without Granger playing a single game! Seriously, who would have thunk it?

Ace E.Anderson
02-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Exactly. I don't see how anyone can argue around the fact that these last three home games were the most desirable games for him to start playing, IF he is healthy and ready. After playing in Detroit tomorrow, we go to GS, LAC, and Toronto. That's three road games, including two tough ones. Then we have Chicago and Boston here (both tough), before going to Orlando and Miami. None of that is more desirable than the Bobcats, Knicks, or Detroit game tonight.

GS and LAC are at BLF thankfully

Hicks
02-22-2013, 12:54 PM
The GS and LAC games are home games, not road games.

Nuntius
02-22-2013, 01:09 PM
"He's cleared to play but we're not going to throw him out there if he's not sharp, not in shape or have his rhythm and timing down" - Vogel

Thanks so much for that tweet. It's important to note that he is cleared to play :)

After playing in Detroit tomorrow, we go to GS, LAC, and Toronto. That's three road games, including two tough ones.

I would say that the Toronto game is tough as well. They are playing very well after the Rudy Gay trade.

BPump33
02-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Pistons guard Brandon Knight (hyperextended right knee) and rookie Andre Drummond (back) are both out tonight.

Cousy47
02-22-2013, 02:05 PM
I look for Danny to come back for the Clippers game. The BLF will be sold out and rocking because of LAC and their stars. Danny's return should ROCK the house!

Derek2k3
02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Pistons guard Brandon Knight (hyperextended right knee) and rookie Andre Drummond (back) are both out tonight.

Geez.

I expected Danny back tomorrow, because I doubt they'd want him comeing back on a B2B (Lose/Lose. Play Friday, hold him out Saturday, fans are all upset thinking he's had a setback. However, bringing him back on the second half of a B2B is a good idea, as he's got a built in stamina advantage)

Here's hoping we see him suited up Saturday (All I've seen is Wells' tweet saying it is highly unlikely that Danny would return tonight.)

Pacerized
02-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Am I wrong or is there still not a very good chance that he returns tonight?

Justin Tyme
02-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Drats!! I wanted to watch Drummond play again tonight.

BRushWithDeath
02-22-2013, 04:21 PM

You're wrong.

Ace E.Anderson
02-22-2013, 04:24 PM
I look for Danny to come back for the Clippers game. The BLF will be sold out and rocking because of LAC and their stars. Danny's return should ROCK the house!

Cept he will only probably play 10-12 minutes whenever he plays his first name.

Sollozzo
02-22-2013, 04:26 PM
GS and LAC are at BLF thankfully

Damn, how did I misread that? Whoops.

SMosley21
02-22-2013, 04:30 PM
if you noticed against the Knicks like Seth and I did, Danny never hit the bench. usually he would hit the bench in the second half, suggesting he was working out first half. My belief is that Danny is doing game simulations. Right now his body is used to going hard during practice time, not game time. So you slap on him a tread mill or doing drills from 7-9 and you say when the team goes hard, you go hard, etc. You give him breaks (time on the bench) and you get his body back to going hard from 7-9 typically. I think that is why he was not on the bench on Wednesday and it's likely they maybe decided to give that another day. It was the first time since Danny has been back on bench duty that he has not appeared so I think this makes a lot of sense.

Good work on the observation. I hadn't noticed that. We'll see if the same thing happens tonight.

Derek2k3
02-22-2013, 05:08 PM

You're wrong.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaJlv0CIgpPVz9DaCv5n86uZqASOIis 6rVrUMW-nUqcZERk3vb0A

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Barring a last-min change, Granger will NOT play tonight. So do @<a href="https://twitter.com/mark_j_boyle">mark_j_boyle</a> (and me) a favor n don't ask him.Grumpy is his middle name.</p>&mdash; Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/status/304959103996919809">February 22, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Danny Granger won't play tonight vs. the Pistons.</p>&mdash; Scott Agness (@ScottAgness) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScottAgness/status/304984310090436610">February 22, 2013</a></blockquote>

Lord Helmet
02-22-2013, 05:36 PM
But Wells did leave it open to a last minute change, didn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

gummy
02-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Steve Mosley @SMosley21 (https://twitter.com/SMosley21)
<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1360972506.html#_=1361587664764&id=twitter-widget-1&lang=en&screen_name=SMosley21&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; border-width: 0px; outline: rgb(0, 0, 0); position: absolute; top: 6px; right: 8px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); width: 59px; height: 20px;"></iframe>Granger will be back Tuesday. Just saw one of the web design girls making the banner for it.

No idea if this is true, but there ya go!

Derek2k3
02-22-2013, 09:49 PM
<iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1360972506.html#_=1361587664764&id=twitter-widget-1&lang=en&screen_name=SMosley21&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; list-style: none; border-width: 0px; outline: rgb(0, 0, 0); position: absolute; top: 6px; right: 8px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); width: 59px; height: 20px;"></iframe>Granger will be back Tuesday. Just saw one of the web design girls making the banner for it.

Should be noted that he could still return tomorrow, and Tuesday would be his home debut. So, even if he does come back tomorrow they will promote Tuesday as the return of Danny...to the Fieldhouse.

gummy
02-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Should be noted that he could still return tomorrow, and Tuesday would be his home debut. So, even if he does come back tomorrow they will promote Tuesday as the return of Danny...to the Fieldhouse.

Yep, good call.

graphic-er
02-22-2013, 10:20 PM

How did Smosley21 see the banner being worked on? I'd assume thats behind the scenes somewhere. I've only ever been back there once. Does he work for the Pacers?