PDA

View Full Version : About Barbosa

mitchbr
02-18-2013, 06:51 PM
I was on trade machine earlier (I'm getting addicted), and kept thinking of ways to make the best improvement possible, and my mind keeps going back to Leandro, even if he is out for this season.
With him on a one year, minimum contract, should the Pacers offer to bring him back in the summer? Have him work with David West and whoever helped him back from his ACL, and it'd be similar to the Granger situation we're in now. Ideally he'd come back about the same time we grabbed him last year, give us a new threat in the second half of the season.
I think he'll have no problems in his comeback, personally. I tore my ACL in 2011, and the toughest part in recovery is the mental aspect. Knowing it will be his job to rehab, rehab, rehab, and that he is a veteran who is mentally tough, he should be able to get through it well enough to give us a good dozen or so minutes a night for 40 games.

It may be a bit far out to really tell when he'll be ready next year, and there will be lots of questions, but even if he doesn't sign in the summer and we wait until fall to make it official, should the Pacers look to bring back the Brazilian Blur? I think yes.

RandyWrinkles
02-18-2013, 09:03 PM
I liked Barbosa in his brief time here. He could score in bursts but was a liability on defense. The difference between his injury and West's is that West doesn't depend on his knee as much with how he plays. Barbosa's advantage has always been his speed. We noticed a decline just from his age and the injury will hurt him even more. I just don't think he would bring anything that would be helpful anymore. I'd rather go after a one dimensional 3pt shooter for the end of our bench.

BornReady
02-18-2013, 09:57 PM
My question is...what about Jerryd Bayless? He's got a pretty small contract as well.

Pacerized
02-18-2013, 10:15 PM
I always thought we should have put a min. offer to Barbosa and kept DC. We didn't need to bring in Green or DJ. Right now I'd gladly trade Green for an injured Barbosa just to get Green off the books next summer but the Celtics would never do it. It wouldn't effect anything that Barbosa is out for the rest of the year. Green won't see the court once Granger returns to the point were he gets his minutes.