PDA

View Full Version : hello from a big time Pacer fan from Amsterdam :)

Auggie
02-16-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi guys, I have been following these forums for a while now and finally decided to register an account and say hi :)

Im a big Pacer fan from Amsterdam and have followed our Pacers since the 90's because of Uncle Reg and Uncle Smits, with Jalen Rose and Derrick McKey being my favorate players also.

Watching the games has not been easy because its usually at least 1 AM here before the game even begins but I usually stay up to watch anyways. Before streams were available I would always stay up and tune in to internet radio and follow the box scores :P this was brutal during the Dunleavy/Murphy/Tinsley days but I still watched/listened to most of the games :P

Now Im very excited about our young team, especially the development of Paul George (and Lance) and dont mind losing sleep at all (Im a bartender so dont worry, doesnt affect my daily life - just gives me more time to follow our Pacers :P)

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and start posting here from now on :-)

cheers

Naptown_Seth
02-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Welcome, and work on those tips so you can save up for an Indy visit.

All those long seasons of suffering are paying off now for die-hard fans. This season is special, even more than the last 2 were. No matter how far they go, this group is one of those special groups you always hope your team will be. Great group of players and people who play a brand of ball that is very watchable and carry themselves like professionals who still love the game.

idioteque
02-16-2013, 03:51 PM
I will be back in Amsterdam possibly this summer and if so I will send you a PM. I'll make sure to stop by your bar and give you a healthy tip, as Seth said, save up for a trip to Indy one day, Banker's Life Field House is among the very best places in the world to watch basketball.

Pacer Fan
02-16-2013, 04:03 PM
:cheers:

daschysta
02-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Welcome friend!

rexnom
02-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Welcome! Always exciting when a long-time fan joins the board, especially from abroad! Can't wait to read your posts!

Auggie
02-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Cheers guys! I should have signed up earlier :P I really enjoy the discussions you have here. Yea, coming to Indiana to catch a game has been a dream of mine since the Market Sq Arena days :P I hear many good things about the Bankers Life Fieldhouse and videos of it looks amazing. I will definitely take a trip if I get a chance in the near future!

Idioteque, sure let me know when are you here! hehe

CableKC
02-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Welcome to one of the BEST ( it not THE BEST ) Pacer forum on the Internet. Seriously....it is THE BEST Pacer Forum to discuss all things related to the Pacers.

yoadknux
02-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Welcome. You're lucky you at least live on the western part of Europe. My games start at 02:00-03:00 am most of the time...

SycamoreKen
02-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Welcome aboard! Always nice to have another voice.

BobbyMac
02-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum!

tnasty4l
02-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Welcome auggie i am new as well.ive posted afew times and i love watching the pacers.

Mourning
02-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome to Pacers Digest my fellow compatriot! I know all about the "going to sleep early, waking up in the middle of the night"-stuff :D, but hey if you LOVE something you don't compromise, right? :thumbsup:

There's multiple Dutch members on this board, no doubt part of the legacy of Rik, very happy to be able to welcome another longtime Dutch Pacersfan! :cheers:

Kegboy
02-16-2013, 08:42 PM
:welcome:

2minutes twoa
02-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Love the international Pacers family! Wish I had the cash to bring everyone of you to Indy for a game!

Alabama-Redneck
02-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Welcome auggie i am new as well.ive posted afew times and i love watching the pacers.

Where are you in Alabama? I live on Lake Guntersville, which is about 35 miles southeast of Huntsville.
If you are close and like to fish, let me know.

:cool:

Pacers4Life
02-17-2013, 02:39 AM
The Dunking Dutchman, so awesome. Welcome to the board friend. :boomer:

Nuntius
02-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Welcome :)

SIR-LANCE-ALOT
02-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Hi guys, I have been following these forums for a while now and finally decided to register an account and say hi :)

Im a big Pacer fan from Amsterdam and have followed our Pacers since the 90's because of Uncle Reg and Uncle Smits, with Jalen Rose and Derrick McKey being my favorate players also.

Watching the games has not been easy because its usually at least 1 AM here before the game even begins but I usually stay up to watch anyways. Before streams were available I would always stay up and tune in to internet radio and follow the box scores :P this was brutal during the Dunleavy/Murphy/Tinsley days but I still watched/listened to most of the games :P

Now Im very excited about our young team, especially the development of Paul George (and Lance) and dont mind losing sleep at all (Im a bartender so dont worry, doesnt affect my daily life - just gives me more time to follow our Pacers :P)

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and start posting here from now on :-)

cheers

welcome.....from amsterdam huh, i would love to come there and visit one of your "coffee" shops!!!!

tnasty4l
02-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Ala-red i live in huntsville,but im not much of a fisherman.thanks for the invite though.

BQQ
02-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Hi,
my story of being a Pacersfan is similar

Now im coming for 4 games NY-Det-LAC-GSW

so see you guys :)