PDA

View Full Version : Roger Brown is in the Hall of Fame

PacersHomer
02-15-2013, 12:02 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/580867_10151448497772996_881349144_n.jpg.

Pacers just posted this on Facebook.

Slick Pinkham
02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
How about Slick?

ejwallace
02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Congrats to Roger....Disappointed for Slick....

PacersHomer
02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
How about Slick?

Only 1 ABA figure a year. Slick will be next year.

Sollozzo
02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Congrats to Roger....Disappointed for Slick....

Damn, Slick got slighted again?

Hicks
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
A worthy choice, but the wrong one for 2013. We nearly lost Slick over a year ago already; they should have put him in as soon as possible.

Sandman21
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
I think the documentary that airs at the end of the month may have put him over the top.

I'm glad to see Rajah entering the Hall, but I could have lived with him going in next year. The Hall NEEDS Slick. NOW.

PacersHomer
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
A worthy choice, but the wrong one for 2013. We nearly lost Slick over a year ago already; they should have put him in as soon as possible.

Yeah I wasn't going to say it because it's kind of dark but there is sadly an unlimited time for Roger Brown to get in, but Slick is getting up there. It would be tragic if Slick didn't make it to his induction.

Granville
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Only 1 ABA figure a year. Slick will be next year.

Which is why I was hoping it would be Slick this year and Roger next. Since Roger has already passed away, timing is more critical for Slick. I hope he gets in next year and is able to enjoy the honor.

Grover
02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Better late than never.

Long overdue.

...and I'll repeat that next year for Slick!

ejwallace
02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Time to convince the Pacers to do a documentary on Slick??

Mackey_Rose
02-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Good for Roger Brown, but as a younger Pacers fan that never got to see him, I was rooting for Slick.

Pacers24Colts12
02-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Atleast Russ Granik got in...phew!

Pacer Fan
02-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Congratulations to Roger Brown for representing the ABA Indiana Pacers.

Rajah Rajah Rajah

Sandman21
02-15-2013, 12:29 PM
The guy who read NBA second round draft picks and Phil "My entire speech is a Nike Advertising campaign" Knight over the guy who was a HUGE part of making the NCAA Tournament what it is today?

BillS
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
:dance:

imawhat
02-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Huge congrats to Roger.

Otherwise, politics rears its ugly head again.

croz24
02-15-2013, 12:44 PM
I would actually think George McGinnis would be the most deserving of any former ABA Pacers given his dominance in both the ABA and the NBA.

5_7_Clash
02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Congrats to The Rajah!

A deserved induction to be sure. I would like to see Stern pre-empt his introduction speech (which I would like to think will be given by Slick) with an acknowledgement of the wrong perpetrated against him and then issue a formal apology to Roger and his family.

RamBo_Lamar
02-15-2013, 01:07 PM
This is wonderful news!

:great:

Naptown_Seth
02-15-2013, 01:13 PM

I agree, but Slick's not stupid. He sees the writing on the wall with Mel and Rajah, clearly the trend has started. He's got to be thrilled to see 2 of his stars get in and he'd probably say they deserve it more than him anyway (and be sincere about it).

You lose his possible chance onstage and to hear him speak about that era, and that would be a huge loss, but I'd like to think that by now he knows he's a HOF guy, it's only a matter of when at this point.

Pre-Roger it wasn't as certain, but 2 in a row proves that Mel wasn't just a token guy meant to appease people.

Naptown_Seth
02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Plus this just makes me wish all the more that the NBA would work on digging up as much intact ABA game footage and get it transferred to digital storage so we can have it distributed on NBA classic, DVD, etc.

I want to see these guys in action in their prime, and not just 2 second highlights. Let me see a full quarter at a time or something. Let's see Mel blocking out or Roger beating his guy and kicking the ball to someone else. The game itself, not the highlights.

OlBlu
02-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Plus this just makes me wish all the more that the NBA would work on digging up as much intact ABA game footage and get it transferred to digital storage so we can have it distributed on NBA classic, DVD, etc.

I want to see these guys in action in their prime, and not just 2 second highlights. Let me see a full quarter at a time or something. Let's see Mel blocking out or Roger beating his guy and kicking the ball to someone else. The game itself, not the highlights.

I remember when the Pacers played the Utah Stars (the Zelmo Beatty Stars). Every game the offense turned into a clear out for Roger against their best player (Willie something). Roger could get anything he wanted whenever he wanted it. :cool: ...

OlBlu
02-15-2013, 01:29 PM
I would actually think George McGinnis would be the most deserving of any former ABA Pacers given his dominance in both the ABA and the NBA.

There was a time when Big George and Dr. J were mentioned in the same breath...... George didn't take care of himself and he got old early or he was always older than everyone claimed.....:cool: ...

RWB
02-15-2013, 01:31 PM

I suggested this to a former ABA player and he said Slick has a ton of film.

Trophy
02-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Congrats to Rajah!

He was a true Indiana basketball legend.

diamonddave00
02-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Willie Wise was the Stars great defender who Roger Brown would abuse. Roger's game would fit todays game to a T. Roger would break defenders down one on one , Slick would clear the side and Roger would do his magic.

His induction is long over due. Hopefully Slick gets in next year.

OlBlu
02-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Willie Wise was the Stars great defender who Roger Brown would abuse. Roger's game would fit todays game to a T. Roger would break defenders down one on one , Slick would clear the side and Roger would do his magic.

His induction is long over due. Hopefully Slick gets in next year.

Yes, it was Willie Wise.... :cool: ...

Trader Joe
02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Slick on hall of fame snub via David Benner
David Benner ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>PacersDMB (https://twitter.com/PacersDMB)
Slick on HOF snub: "I'm a Hoosier, I am in IU HOF, Indiana BKB Fame and my name is up in the Fieldhouse. That's what matters to me." Love it

Strummer
02-15-2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOq5tk53grU

QuickRelease
02-15-2013, 03:47 PM
How the :censored: can you continue to justify excluding one of the great coaching figures in the history of the sport? There's no excuse for Slick being excluded once again...NONE!

*** EDIT *** CONGRATULATIONS TO THE RAJAH!

BobbyMac
02-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Slick has seen all the greats from the 50's til now, and he says and means it when he says "I'll put him up against anybody!!"

The BEST game finisher I ever saw (that includes Jordan, Miller and West!)

Peck
02-15-2013, 06:17 PM
I hate that we have to pick & choose here. On the one hand I want to just make a post saying congrats to Roger Brown and his family, well deserved and well past due.

But on the other hand I want to make a red faced foot stomping hissy fit throwing post about how the dumb Son of a *****'s in the HOF are once again screwing over a living legend and even if you want to question his time in the NBA there can be no doubt that he was the single greatest coach of the ABA ever.

Downtown Bang!
02-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Great news

SycamoreKen
02-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Just watched the preview with my wife and we can't wait to see the documentary. Congrats to a great player.

iogyhufi
02-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Slick on hall of fame snub via David Benner
David Benner ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>PacersDMB (https://twitter.com/PacersDMB)
Slick on HOF snub: "I'm a Hoosier, I am in IU HOF, Indiana BKB Fame and my name is up in the Fieldhouse. That's what matters to me." Love it

Class is in session.