PDA

View Full Version : Trade Watch: Stars on the move?

Johanvil
02-14-2013, 09:07 AM
The trade deadline is about a week away, and in the next few days, the trade talk should really pick up.
So far we've seen only one major trade -- the three-team swap that sent Rudy Gay, who was No. 2 on the last trade watch list, to Toronto,Jose Calderon to Detroit and Tayshaun Princeand Ed Davis to Memphis.

Who's next to go? Here's a look at 10 players who could be changing uniforms by the Feb. 21 trade deadline, based on conversations with teams throughout the league.

Impact Players Most Likely To Be Moved
(Ranked from most likely to least likely to be traded)

1. Josh Smith, F, Hawks
The consensus around the league continues to be that Smith is gone, either by trade or free agency. The situation in Atlanta continues to deteriorate to the point that the Hawks seem to have little choice but to let him go now -- unless they can find a way to pry away Dwight Howard from the Lakers to play alongside his friend Smith.

The latest intel, via our own Chris Broussard, has the Nets entering the picture for Smith. The question is whether a package of Kris Humphries and MarShon Brooks is enough to make a deal. That's doubtful. The Hawks would prefer a young center.

The Spurs have been mentioned as a possible suitor, but unless they are willing to part with Kawhi Leonard (highly unlikely), they don't really have the assets.

Look for the 76ers, who have been dangling both Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner to other teams, to be a potential landing place.

2. Brandon Jennings, PG, Bucks
The Bucks say adamantly they aren't shopping Jennings, but they may have to listen seriously to offers for their young point guard the next few days.

While Jennings is their most promising young player -- the one guy who could be a potential star player to build around -- GM John Hammond is in a bit of a quandary. Not only is Jennings looking for a huge payday this summer (one the Bucks may not be able to afford), he's also looking for a contract from a teamother than the Bucks.

Jennings has, according to one source, "irreconcilable differences" with Milwaukee. He's frustrated, according to sources, that the two sides weren't able to work out a long-term extension this summer. In addition, he feels as though he doesn't get the attention he deserves and wants a bigger market to take his talents to.

Jennings isn't bluffing. He recently changed agents in an attempt to get some traction on his relocation. Jennings' marching orders for his new representation? Get him out of Milwaukee, either by the trade deadline or via a toxic offer sheet from another team this summer.

The Bucks have Jennings' restricted free-agency rights and can match any offer, but if the Mavericks, Hawks, Magic or another team makes a huge bid, the small-market Bucks may not be able to afford or want to match.

So do they make a preemptive move now and get something in return or do they gamble that Jennings doesn't get a big offer this summer? With so many teams under the cap this summer, and so few talented point guards available, the team could be in serious danger of losing him for nothing.

3. Andrea Bargnani, F/C, Raptors
The Raptors' move to land Gay is unlikely to be their last one. The combination of Gay and Bargnani doesn't make much sense, and the Raptors have been looking for a new home for the big Italian.

As Marc Stein reported, there have been discussions toward a Carlos Boozer-for-Bargnani trade. But that trade is expensive for Toronto, which, according to sources, would prefer to land a point guard to replace Jose Calderon in any Bargnani trade.

4. Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap, F/C, Jazz
As usual, the Jazz aren't tipping their hand. Therefore, take the rumors about Jefferson and Millsap with a grain of salt. Perhaps neither will be moved.

But with the Jazz looking to give Enes Kanter more time in the paint, something is going to give sooner or later. The Jazz can't afford to re-sign both Jefferson and Millsap, so the most likely scenario has them moving one before the deadline.

5. Marcin Gortat, C, Suns
The Suns continue to be active in their pursuit of players who can lift them out of their morass. Gortat and forward Jared Dudley appear to be the bait, though the truth is that anyone on their roster is available.

What's less clear is what the Suns are actually looking for. We've heard everything from Al Jefferson to Iman Shumpert -- yet another sign that the Suns don't appear to have a coherent rebuilding plan.

6. J.J. Redick, SG, Magic
Redick is having a career year, and the Magic know that he'll get a big offer this summer when he hits unrestricted free agency. With the Magic in the process of a major rebuild, Redick isn't a priority in their long-term plans. With so many teams looking for shooting, moving him now could net them a nice asset or two.

Marc Stein reported over the weekend that the Bucks were interested in Redick. The Bulls and Pacers are two other obvious fits.

7. Evan Turner, G, 76ers
The former No. 2 pick in the draft is having the best season of his career. WithAndre Iguodala out of the picture, his minutes are up, as are his points, rebounds and assists per game.

What hasn't really changed is Turner's inefficiency. There are nights when he truly looks worthy of being the No. 2 pick, but there are as many or more times when he is frustratingly wild. For a player who is already 24 years old and has almost three seasons under his belt, that's cause for concern.

The Sixers would love to get a sweet-shooting 2-guard or a real power forward in return. Given Turner's upside as a player with great versatility, there might be a market for him in a place like Utah, which is searching for a young guard who can handle the ball.

8. Danny Granger, F, Pacers
Granger has yet to play a game for the Pacers this season. He's eyeing a return Wednesday, which would give him only two games at less than 100 percent to prove his trade value.

The Pacers face a dilemma. Granger could put them over the top in the East, or his return could damage their team chemistry and hinder the development ofPaul George. Either way, the team is unlikely to be able to afford him in the long term and will probably have to shop him this summer.

If the Clippers can't land Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett, they could be strong suitors for Granger if they are convinced he can stay healthy.

9. Carlos Boozer, PF, Bulls
Boozer has been solid in his tenure with the Bulls, but the team has known for a while that it would prefer to move his contract to get more salary flexibility in the future. The Bulls have Taj Gibson to take many of Boozer's minutes and would love to add some perimeter shooting to balance out the team onceDerrick Rose returns.

The aforementioned deal for Bargnani would give the Bulls a big man who can really spread the floor. The return of Ben Gordon may be another option for Chicago in a potential three-way deal with Charlotte and Brooklyn.

10. Kevin Garnett, PF/C, Celtics
KG won't be going anywhere unless he gives the trade his green light, as he is one of only four players in the NBA with a no-trade clause.

But talk of the Celtics and Clippers pulling off a swap that would bring Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler to Boston does make sense for both teams. Boston GM Danny Ainge and Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro have a long history together, and a Clippers team that adds Garnett might have the juice to make the NBA Finals and even knock out the Heat. That could be enough to tempt Garnett to sign off on such a deal.

http://bbs.hupu.com/5103966.html

Now, I don't wanna see Granger going as I like him a lot and I also think the FO is not looking to trade him right now for at least a couple of well known issues. But for conversation's sake, what do you think Clippers could offer us? Mind that the author's article (ESPN insider), especially in Danny's case seems speculative as far as Clippers' interest.

Steagles
02-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Who would the Clippers give us in return for Danny?

The only scenario I could see the Pacers jumping at would be the opportunity to get Eric Bledsoe. I don't think the Clippers want to part with him, but if they want to keep Chris Paul this summer they may have to abandon signing him next year.

Danny Granger ($13M, 2 years) to the Clippers for Eric Bledsoe (1.7M, 2 years), Lamar Odom (8M, expiring) and Matt Barnes (873K, expiring) makes sense to me, the centerpiece being Blesdoe to the Pacers. Odom would likely not be resigned and Barnes would compete with Green and Young (great talent there, huh?). Then Ben and Sam Young or Gerald Green would be cut to make room for players.

To be honest, I don't think the Clippers would be able to make a good enough package for the Pacers to seriously consider.

Will Galen
02-14-2013, 09:28 AM
I see no point at all trading him before the trade deadline for anyone. As it said in the article Danny may put us atop the East, so the front office would be foolish to trade him before they absolutely have to.

Will Galen
02-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Who would the Clippers give us in return for Danny?

The only scenario I could see the Pacers jumping at would be the opportunity to get Eric Bledsoe. I don't think the Clippers want to part with him, but if they want to keep Chris Paul this summer they may have to abandon signing him next year.

Danny Granger ($13M, 2 years) to the Clippers for Eric Bledsoe (1.7M, 2 years), Lamar Odom (8M, expiring) and Matt Barnes (873K, expiring) makes sense to me, the centerpiece being Blesdoe to the Pacers. Odom would likely not be resigned and Barnes would compete with Green and Young (great talent there, huh?). Then Ben and Sam Young or Gerald Green would be cut to make room for players.

To be honest, I don't think the Clippers would be able to make a good enough package for the Pacers to seriously consider.

Bledsoe reminds me of Paul's last hyped understudy.

Sollozzo
02-14-2013, 09:36 AM
There's no way any team would give us anything remotely decent for Granger when he hasn't stepped on the floor this season. A GM would have to be out of their mind to do that.

BornReady
02-14-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't understand why Granger needs to "prove his trade value"

Will Galen
02-14-2013, 09:43 AM

His knee is still hurting him.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/george-hits-landmark-faces-question
Danny Granger was judged to be not yet ready for his season debut on Wednesday because of flu symptoms and lingering soreness in his troublesome left knee, but he's expected to join the team next week, presumably in time for Wednesday's game against New York.

15th parallel
02-14-2013, 09:47 AM
I don't know how Granger will ruin the team chemistry. All of his teammates are looking forward for him to get back so that speaks about how great the team chemistry is with Granger. If anything, he will help space up the floor and keep the defense honest.

His trade value btw is not good right now given that he has yet to play a game, so it's not really worth mentioning his name in trades right now. It's not like we'll get a player equal or greater than Danny's level when the Pacers will shop him at this point. And also, he is the one the team needs to just give the offense an improvement and a little more consistency.

Ace E.Anderson
02-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Year after year, various Media outlets talk about "who's on the trading block", and either fill the story with names of players they "hear" are being shopped, or they fill the story with names of players who they THINK should be on the trading block. (Last year for example: Chris Kaman HAD to be moved and was for sure gone by the deadline)

And every year players that were never in a single rumor all season, are dealt. Very rarely are the players who are constantly linked to trade rumors ACTUALLY traded.

Though it would be exciting to see a small adjustment to the team during the deadline (sort of like last years deal to get Barbosa) I highly doubt the Pacers make a move this year. I just don't see very many scenarios where the money, players, and moving parts truly fit for both teams.

But hey, you never know I guess.

Ace E.Anderson
02-14-2013, 09:51 AM
As for Granger "ruining team chemistry", I think if ANYONE has watched the pacers this year, they would see that we are in strong need of a big wing who can stretch the floor and score effectively.

Along with the Bulls, we have to be at the top of the league in 4 or 5 minute scoring droughts throughout a game.

Sollozzo
02-14-2013, 09:57 AM

Because he hasn't played a game this season.

MillerTime
02-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Let's see how Granger meshes with our team. Granger has showed the Pacers too much loyalty for the Pacers to quickly trade him. As of now, it is our offense that is struggling (or not as consistent), Granger is a very capable scorer - which is desperately needed.

Also, his adittion won't affect our defense, Granger is also a very capable defender.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Let's see how Granger meshes with our team. Granger has showed the Pacers too much loyalty for the Pacers to quickly trade him. As of now, it is our offense that is struggling (or not as consistent), Granger is a very capable scorer - which is desperately needed.

Also, his adittion won't affect our defense, Granger is also a very capable defender.

The Pacers are telling people to lower their expectations with Danny(I've been saying the same thing forever and got s*** on) I can tell you that if you and others are waiting for the old Danny to show up a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

And nope I'm not trying to be negative, the guy has been out for must of the season expecting him to come back and kick a** out of the gate is a dream, no player has done that, ever.

Hicks
02-14-2013, 11:27 AM
I can't wait to see where Brandon Jennings goes after Milwaukee. Mainly so I can learn who to think less of as a GM.

billbradley
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
The Pacers are telling people to lower their expectations with Danny(I've been saying the same thing forever and got s*** on) I can tell you that if you and others are waiting for the old Danny to show up a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

And nope I'm not trying to be negative, the guy has been out for must of the season expecting him to come back and kick a** out of the gate is a dream, no player has done that, ever.

Who thinks Granger is going to play more than 20 minutes his first game back, let alone "kicks *** out of the gate?"

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
@stevekylerNBA: NBA AM: Knicks, Mavs and Pacers Are Talking Deals: With the 2013 NBA Trade Deadline just a week a way there are ... http://t.co/XSp783b7

Ace E.Anderson
02-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Anyone expecting Danny to average anything over 12 MAYBE 14 ppg prior to April def has unrealistic expectations.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Anyone expecting Danny to average anything over 12 MAYBE 14 ppg prior to April def has unrealistic expectations.

I agree, there is a reason why the Pacers and Vogel are telling people to slow down, fans expect him to come back kicking a$$ out of the gate, Michael Grady even wrote an article comparing his impact to Gasol, Manu, Tony Parker and others(once he gets back).

I agree with you though, expecting more than 12/14ppg and some decent D is unrealistic.

BillS
02-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I agree with you though, expecting more than 12/14ppg and some decent D is unrealistic.

Adding 12/14 ppg and keeping decent D could add significantly to this team. Even THAT level of expectation means Granger is a net positive when he returns.

Sparhawk
02-14-2013, 11:50 AM
I'd only want Granger traded if it meant getting Bledsoe. That's it.

OlBlu
02-14-2013, 11:50 AM
I can't wait to see where Brandon Jennings goes after Milwaukee. Mainly so I can learn who to think less of as a GM.

Could be the Pacers. We need a real point guard and that kid is certainly that......:cool: ...

Trader Joe
02-14-2013, 11:52 AM
If Granger adds 12 PPG I will be doing cart wheels.

Trader Joe
02-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Could be the Pacers. We need a real point guard and that kid is certainly that......:cool: ...

No.

Sparhawk
02-14-2013, 11:55 AM

Completely disagree. Bledsoe is more stocky, so he isn't going to get abused by bigger pgs. He steals, he rebounds, he gets blocked. Seriously, he's not even close to DC. Bledsoe has 48 blocks on the season. PG only has 34. And he only has about 4 steals less than PG.

The dropoff from Hill to DJ is huge. The dropoff from Hill to Bledsoe would be nothing.

Seriously, I'd love Bledsoe.

wintermute
02-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Completely disagree. Bledsoe is more stocky, so he isn't going to get abused by bigger pgs. He steals, he rebounds, he gets blocked. Seriously, he's not even close to DC. Bledsoe has 48 blocks on the season. PG only has 34. And he only has about 4 steals less than PG.

The dropoff from Hill to DJ is huge. The dropoff from Hill to Bledsoe would be nothing.

Agreed. Bledsoe is very different from DC.

I guess the biggest knock on him is that he's not a pure PG either, but his athleticism, strength, and defense are on a different level compared to DC. Think poor man's Westbrook.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Who thinks Granger is going to play more than 20 minutes his first game back, let alone "kicks *** out of the gate?"

So I guess I got s*** on by multiple posters for lowering expectations and not expecting the old Danny back for no reason? Or I was dreaming?

Sollozzo
02-14-2013, 12:15 PM
I'll be happy if Danny comes back and gives us anything, no matter how small. I'm still pessimistic about this situation.

Cousy47
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
I hope I don't have to eat Crow for my thoughts, but writing articles and talking constantly about trading Granger is sort of silly. I don't think any team is going to offer the Ps anything decent for Danny until they see him play. That and the annual "Atlanta is trading Josh Smith for a cough drop and a slinky!" thread is a waste.

billbradley
02-14-2013, 12:16 PM
So I guess I got s*** on by multiple posters for lowering expectations and not expecting the old Danny back for no reason? Or I was dreaming?

Most people think Danny, who is already a notoriously slow starter, will need to work his way back. Heck, there's a good enough amount people on here who think he shouldn't even start. If you did a poll, most people don't think Danny will even be playing major minutes "out of the gate," so why do you think they believe he will immediately be playing at Granger All Star level?

It makes no sense.

Hicks
02-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I'll be happy if Danny comes back and gives us anything, no matter how small. I'm still pessimistic about this situation.

I will join the pessimists on this if A) He doesn't play on the 20th B) He misses more time soon after for the same problem

billbradley
02-14-2013, 12:20 PM
I'll say he comes back the 20th, but has to come off the bench because he's missing a step. I'll also say he averages 10 and 5 and really helps the second unit.

BillS
02-14-2013, 12:25 PM

You're mixing two separate opinions. Not thinking Danny will hit the floor as "the old Danny" is not the same as thinking Danny will NEVER be "the old Danny".

Nearly everyone agrees he will need some time to get back into the groove, so no one has remotely defecated upon your ineffable wisdom on that score.

The long-term remains to be seen and isn't affected by extra time getting back into shape.

beast23
02-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes, you were dreaming. Or, considering some of your prior comments regarding Granger, possibly having a nightmare.

The only real comments made about Granger were that he eventually would replace Lance as a starter and that he might be productive enough to put us over the top.

Eddie Gill
02-14-2013, 12:27 PM
I have to laugh at the notion of Danny Granger - the Captain - potentially "ruining chemistry", with the proposed prescription being adding Lamar Odom and Matt Barnes.

Sollozzo
02-14-2013, 12:27 PM
I will join the pessimists on this if A) He doesn't play on the 20th B) He misses more time soon after for the same problem

That is a rational way to look at it.

If he doesn't play on the 20th, then I'm guessing the mood on this board will drastically become more pessimistic. But as you say, him playing his first game is just the first of many steps. We play on the 20, 22, and 23. Three games in four nights is a lot. If he plays on Wednesday the 20th, then how will he respond to Friday and Saturday games on the weekend?

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Most people think Danny, who is already a notoriously slow starter, will need to work his way back. Heck, there's a good enough amount people on here who think he shouldn't even start. If you did a poll, most people don't think Danny will even be playing major minutes "out of the gate," so why do you think they believe he will immediately be playing at Granger All Star level?

It makes no sense.

2 or 3 weeks ago this reasonable thinking you are posting right now was not permitted, nice to see that you and others are lowering their expectations(maybe because of the Pacers announcement yesterday?) and trust me some people think they are getting an all star player back right away, maybe they are changing their mind because reality is starting to hit them? maybe.

billbradley
02-14-2013, 12:34 PM
2 or 3 weeks ago this reasonable thinking you are posting right now was not permitted, nice to see that you and others are lowering their expectations(maybe because of the Pacers announcement yesterday?) and trust me some people think they are getting an all star player back right away, maybe they are changing their mind because reality is starting to hit them? maybe.

Who is they? Nobody thinks Danny can even play major minutes right away...

OlBlu
02-14-2013, 12:46 PM
You're mixing two separate opinions. Not thinking Danny will hit the floor as "the old Danny" is not the same as thinking Danny will NEVER be "the old Danny".

Nearly everyone agrees he will need some time to get back into the groove, so no one has remotely defecated upon your ineffable wisdom on that score.

The long-term remains to be seen and isn't affected by extra time getting back into shape.

Granger has been slipping each year for quite awhile. I won't be surprised if he never gets back to last years form and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets very close to it. He will probably be just a little less than last year when he gets worked back into the rotation........:cool: ...

Hicks
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
That is a rational way to look at it.

If he doesn't play on the 20th, then I'm guessing the mood on this board will drastically become more pessimistic. But as you say, him playing his first game is just the first of many steps. We play on the 20, 22, and 23. Three games in four nights is a lot. If he plays on Wednesday the 20th, then how will he respond to Friday and Saturday games on the weekend?

I wouldn't be shocked if they don't play him on the second game of back-to-backs. I suppose I'm willing to 'stay calm' if/when that's the case initially, but I'm not sure how long it will be before that also becomes alarming.

Ace E.Anderson
02-14-2013, 12:55 PM

If we got Jennings we would become INFINITELY worse.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Who is they? Nobody thinks Danny can even play major minutes right away...

For a guy that thanks every person that s**** on me you really don't remember anything(since86 is that you?) here is one of the posts expecting Danny to be the old Danny right away(I expect you to disagree and sugar coated by the way)

The good thing is it seems like the Pacers haven't really rushed him back throughout this process.

Furthermore, Granger doesn't really rely on his athleticism to score which is another good sign. (Obviously we want the knee to be healthy).

And btw, Granger had a terrible pre all-star split stat last year compared to post all star.

We can definitely use 19.5 PPG 5.5 rebounds, 2 threes, and 45% from the field from Granger the rest of the way.

This is just one of the many posts.

Ace E.Anderson
02-14-2013, 01:04 PM

After initial hate, I've come around a little bit on Bledsoe. (Thanks to Vnzla nonetheless)

After watching him on league pass, he's definitely NOT a pure point, but he has that aggressive/attacking mind set of a Westbrook/Tony Parker. His defense is a lot like PG last year, you can see him being a LOCKDOWN defender soon. If he learns to hit mid-range pull up J's at close to an elite rate (ala Westbrook) he would quickly go to the second tier of points in the league.

Lol not completely sold just yet, but he has star potential for sure. I'd be interested to see how his style of play would fit on a half court, grind it out team (Pacers)

In a pipe dream though, having him plus Lance would be a scary physical backcourt. Having those two, plus Paul would easily be the longest, most athletic group of 1,2 and 3 in the league. Teams would downright STRUGGLE to run an offensive set, let alone score.

Hicks
02-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Then again... there are no back-to-backs in the playoffs, so maybe I DON'T care if Danny doesn't play them in March/April.

BillS
02-14-2013, 01:11 PM
For a guy that thanks every person that s**** on me you really don't remember anything(since86 is that you?) here is one of the posts expecting Danny to be the old Danny right away(I expect you to disagree and sugar coated by the way)

Seriously? 14 ppg is reasonable but 19.5 ppg is some kind of whack job? I think it is a little extreme, myself, but saying it is impossible is a little extreme as well.

And, again, you equate a few people going to extremes with being tons and tons of people - also, nothing in that post s**** on you in any way except by disagreeing with you. Are we allowed to disagree or not?

billbradley
02-14-2013, 01:14 PM

This is just one of the many posts.

In your quote, where did Since say Danny would have those numbers "out of the gate" or "right away," because we know Since doesn't believe Danny will get enough minutes to post those numbers. Why would you assume such a thing?

For a guy that claims to have many posts to support your argument, you sure do a poor job of finding any.

And it still wouldn't change what the majority of the board believes.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Seriously? 14 ppg is reasonable but 19.5 ppg is some kind of whack job? I think it is a little extreme, myself, but saying it is impossible is a little extreme as well.

I think is impossible, at least this year, I would like to see a list of players that were injured like Danny and came out of the gate averaging that much, anybody?

And, again, you equate a few people going to extremes with being tons and tons of people

A lot of people including some administrators.

- also, nothing in that post s**** on you in any way except by disagreeing with you.

I don't think is worth it to post those posts, I'm trying to keep it civilize :)

Are we allowed to disagree or not?

Yes we are allowed to disagree, I disagree with you all the time, thanks for disagreeing in a civilize way even if you are wrong must of the time ;)

billbradley
02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
A lot of people including some administrators.

I don't think is worth it to post those posts, I'm trying to keep it civilize :)

No, it's because there aren't "a lot of people." You're doing the same thing you always do, say something extreme, don't back it up, and then cry about being picked on.

BillS
Yes we are allowed to disagree, I disagree with you all the time, thanks for disagreeing in a civilize way even if you are wrong must of the time ;)

:tongue::buddies:

Since86
In your quote, where did Since say Danny would have those numbers "out of the gate" or "right away," because we know Since doesn't believe Danny will get enough minutes to post those numbers. Why would you assume such a thing?

I'm not the one that even posted that.

Slick Pinkham
02-14-2013, 01:35 PM
the Bobcats are now expediting their efforts to trade Ben Gordon before the deadline, sources told Yahoo! Sports, after a run-in with his coach

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--bobcats-more-determined-to-trade-ben-gordon-after-incident-with-coach-165657267.html

Gordon makes $12.4 million this season and $13.2 million in 2013-14.
:eek:

They are going to have to pay to get rid of him.

BillS
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
I think is impossible, at least this year, I would like to see a list of players that were injured like Danny and came out of the gate averaging that much, anybody?

At what point is it not "out of the gate"? We still have 29 games left in the season plus playoffs. If he builds himself to 17 ppg and 4 rebs would that be considered close?

Since86
02-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Yet another thread where Vnzla builds a straw man, just so he can knock it down and be the rational person in the disussion.

Him and OlBlu should start a traveling show together. Maybe Coopdog could make guest appearances. The three of them aruging against air is pretty entertaining.

naptownmenace
02-14-2013, 01:44 PM
I haven't read anyone saying that Danny would come back from injury and average the same amount of points and rebounds as last year. It's not even necessary to help push the Pacers into contender status.

If he just averages, 13-14 points per game the Pacers won't have to endure those 4 minute scoring droughts every other game and the Pacers will be that much harder to beat.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 01:48 PM
At what point is it not "out of the gate"? We still have 29 games left in the season plus playoffs. If he builds himself to 17 ppg and 4 rebs would that be considered close?

29 games left sounds like "out of the gate" to me doesn't it? how many games it took for him to star shooting better last year(while healthy)? 30+ games? expecting him to average 17ppg in 29 games is a hard thing to do in my opinion, hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see it.

I would like to see a comparison between other players that came back after been out for a while and see how they are doing after X amount of games, EJ, Amare and Dirk are 3 players that come to mind.

OlBlu
02-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Yet another thread where Vnzla builds a straw man, just so he can knock it down and be the rational person in the disussion.

Him and OlBlu should start a traveling show together. Maybe Coopdog could make guest appearances. The three of them aruging against air is pretty entertaining.

At least we can spell arguing......:cool: ... I am sure it was a typo, that is what happens to me turning letters around......

OlBlu
02-14-2013, 01:52 PM

I don't think he will come anywhere close to those numbers and if he does, he will stomping on PGs toes and getting in the way and the team will suffer for it....:cool: ...

Since86
02-14-2013, 01:55 PM
At least we can spell arguing......:cool: ... I am sure it was a typo, that is what happens to me turning letters around......

Don't forget to ask the teacher for your sticker.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
No, it's because there aren't "a lot of people." You're doing the same thing you always do, say something extreme, don't back it up, and then cry about being picked on.

I don't think is that hard for you to find those posts, all you have to do is look for the post you have thanked for the last 4 weeks and you get your asnwer ;)

For the peace of the forum lets agree to disagree, have a nice day.

BillS
02-14-2013, 02:06 PM
I don't think he will come anywhere close to those numbers and if he does, he will stomping on PGs toes and getting in the way and the team will suffer for it....:cool: ...

Not understanding this point of view. On offense, PG and DG get their points in very different ways, so I'm not sure how DG does anything but add another option rather than taking away points from PG. It also isn't like there aren't enough points to go around - we scored 84 in an overtime game Monday, so it's not that we already have all the scoring we need in the starting lineup.

I can see the argument on defense, though I don't think Danny is the scrub some people believe he is (plus I think he'll be pretty motivated by PG's defense), but the idea that there's an offensive conflict between two scoring wings is beyond me.

Hicks
02-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Social pollution.

Why people still frequently engage in conversation with that kind of stuff from the usual suspects is beyond me.

billbradley
02-14-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't think is that hard for you to find those posts, all you have to do is look for the post you have thanked for the last 4 weeks and you get your asnwer ;)

For the peace of the forum lets agree to disagree, have a nice day.

I went back to the 11th of last month and I never thanked a post even speculating on how Danny would perform upon return. If you cared about forum peace you wouldn't constantly make bogus claims.

Have a nice day as well.

RLeWorm
02-14-2013, 02:27 PM
I think Granger might be that last piece that might get us over the Heat. That sounds weird cause we always had Granger. But PG is a star now, Lance's game has grown so much! We need to beat the Heat this year! That's all i care about! I live in FL and I'm telling them that we beating the Heat this year lol.

OlBlu
02-14-2013, 05:00 PM
I think Granger might be that last piece that might get us over the Heat. That sounds weird cause we always had Granger. But PG is a star now, Lance's game has grown so much! We need to beat the Heat this year! That's all i care about! I live in FL and I'm telling them that we beating the Heat this year lol.

It ain't gonna happen and the Pacers may never get to the Heat in the playoffs.....:cool: ...

OlBlu
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Not understanding this point of view. On offense, PG and DG get their points in very different ways, so I'm not sure how DG does anything but add another option rather than taking away points from PG. It also isn't like there aren't enough points to go around - we scored 84 in an overtime game Monday, so it's not that we already have all the scoring we need in the starting lineup.

I can see the argument on defense, though I don't think Danny is the scrub some people believe he is (plus I think he'll be pretty motivated by PG's defense), but the idea that there's an offensive conflict between two scoring wings is beyond me.

Granger is a volume shooter. Whose shots do you think he is going to take away? The answer is PG and that is why he should get out of the way....:cool: ...

BlueCollarColts
02-14-2013, 05:08 PM

ever heard of Adrian Peterson?

OlBlu
02-14-2013, 05:15 PM

Was he on the decline before his injury? Did he come back mid-season? Apples and Oranges....:cool: ...

iogyhufi
02-14-2013, 05:19 PM

Using Adrian Peterson as the example of how a average professional athlete does/should do anything is like saying that the Patriots are an average NFL team.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 05:31 PM
The Pacers are, however, open to moving backups Tyler Hansbrough, D.J. Augustin and Gerald Green. I'm told they offered up the names of Hansbrough and Augustin when trying to pry J.J. Redick out of Orlando. But the Magic aren't interested in a move like that. Orlando might yet keep Redick, who wants to stay in Orlando, but only if the sharp-shooting backup settles for less than he might get on the open market this summer. Despite Redick's name being one of the most prominent in trade rumors, some executives are beginning to believe the Magic will not move him. ESPN.com

For all the talk about Indiana trading Granger -- and many execs believe the Pacers would like to do just that -- I'm told by a person close to the situation that the small forward will be going nowhere before the deadline. The Pacers like the thought of sliding All-Star Paul George to the shooting guard position to make room for Granger in the starting lineup. One of Indiana's main concerns is strengthening its bench, and it feels moving current starting two-guard Lance Stephenson into a reserve role will accomplish that. ESPN.com

Here is something I found.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

rexnom
02-14-2013, 05:31 PM
A Bledsoe for Granger trade would be fascinating for both teams.

I'm generally against trading Granger but if it nets you Bledsoe...

pacer4ever
02-14-2013, 05:37 PM

I guess the biggest knock on him is that he's not a pure PG either, but his athleticism, strength, and defense are on a different level compared to DC. Think poor man's Westbrook.
RANT ALERT:
I'm so tired of players getting a knock of not being a "pure pg" if you want a "pure pg" sign a Euro league pg and let your team get abused night in and night out. The pure pg is such a joke. The player either can play the position and help the team or he can't. We should jut sign Cabaggages. Dimitris Diamantidis or Milos Teodosic (problem is these guys suck at NBA style basketball I dont think people get that) so we can have a "pure pg" which it seems like 95% of the board is in love with. Or we could just trade for Chris Duhon who is a "pure pg" but sucks at basketball. Im sorry I want a great basketball player not a "pure pg" most ridiculous thing I have seen is this fan bases desire for a pure pg.

the pure pgs for the most part suck at the NBA game. Give me Bledsoe over a "pure pg" any day. I just players that can play and Bledsoe can play and he can play the pg position and the SG he would be super valuable to this club especially on D.

Wage
02-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I had a dream the Pacers traded for Bledsoe, Oladipo somehow slipped to us in the draft, and we never gave up 100 points again.

PacersHomer
02-14-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm a Danny fan, but if we can somehow pick up Bledsoe & Butler in a trade, it's an easy yes for me. Nothing less than that would be worth it, but that trade would give us one of the better benches in the East.

MvPlumlee
02-15-2013, 05:02 AM

I wouldn't call him very different, but a better version of DC, more athletic, tougher.
In regard to that

There is a market for Darren Collison, although sources close to Collison say heís been assured heís not going anywhere. That might be more to protect Collisionís fragile confidence level than any real commitment to him.
from Steve Kyler

Bledsoes stats as a PG aren't impressive. Nor are his clutch stats. (Granger had great clutch stats last season) I think what makes him resemble Collison is that he doesn't have great court vision for a PG and that he doesn't impact the game like some of his stats would indicate. Would he be a great backup PG and a better defender and scorer than Collison? I think yes, but Collison was also a very good backup PG and his defense wasn't that bad as a backup or in the playoffs.

Nuntius
02-15-2013, 07:40 AM

No, you're not telling us to lower our expectations. Lots of people are saying that our expectations should be low but none of them gets **** on? Do you want to know why you get shat on?

Because you're telling people that Granger will never be the player that he was half a season. You're acting like his "injury" (it's a condition, by the way) will turn him into Wizards' Rashard Lewis or something. You're advocating to quickly trade him while we still have the chance because you think that he will fail to make any impact upon his return thus making him an injured player on a bad contract.

Simply put, you are overreacting. You wanted to trade Granger for years and now you're jumping on the chance telling everyone "I told you so". That's why you get shat on.

Nuntius
02-15-2013, 07:51 AM

I guess the biggest knock on him is that he's not a pure PG either

Good. We don't need a pure PG.

Nuntius
02-15-2013, 08:12 AM

Brook Lopez only played 5 games last season due to a bone fracture on the fifth metatarsal bone in his right foot and a subsequent ankle injury and he came back this season averaging 19 PPG, 7.4 RPG and 2.2 BPG.

Happy? ;)

Nuntius
02-15-2013, 08:26 AM
I would like to see a comparison between other players that came back after been out for a while and see how they are doing after X amount of games, EJ, Amare and Dirk are 3 players that come to mind.

Dirk Nowitzki has appeared in 23 games (started 17 of them) and is averaging 15.2 PPG on 42.3 FG% and 38.8 3p%, 5.7 RPG and 2.5 APG.

It's important to note that Nowitzki had arthroscopic surgery which is far more severe than the treatment Danny got.

Amar'e Stoudemire has appeared in 20 games off the bench (he has only played off the bench so far) and is averaging 13.6 PPG and 4.8 RPG.

Eric Gordon has appeared in 18 games (started 16 of them) and is averaging 16.4 PPG on 40.3 FG% and 35.7 3p%, 2,8 APG, 1.4 RPG and 1.1 SPG.

It's also important to note that Gordon is also playing through a back injury, has yet to appear in a back-to-back and also sprained his right hand recently.

PS: Amar'e and Eric Gordon have had significantly more severe injuries than Danny and Nowitzki had a more serious procedure as well.

Nuntius
02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Granger is a volume shooter. Whose shots do you think he is going to take away? The answer is PG and that is why he should get out of the way....:cool: ...

Gerald Green is averaging 7 FGA per game. Sam Young is averaging 3.3 FGA per game. Those are 10.3 FGA per game that are allocated to our back-up wing rotation.

DJ Augustin is averaging 4.1 FGA per game. Orlando Johnson is averaging 2.5 FGA per game. Those are 6.6 FGA per game that are allocated to our back-up guard rotation.

Combined those and you get 16.9 FGA per game. Danny averaged 15.2 FGA per game last season and I don't expect him to average more this year. In fact, I expect him to average somewhere around 12 and 14 FGA per game.

He can easily take the majority of Green's and Young's shots since he will replace them in the rotation. Young will still play spot minutes for defensive purposes but he isn't going to shoot as much as he did earlier in the season.

Danny can also take some shots away from some of the other second unit players (namely DJ, OJ and maybe, maybe Ian, who is also averaging 4.1 FGA by the way) and along with the shots he takes away from Green and Young he could easily shoot 12-14 times per game without taking any shot away from any starter.

That said, I do expect West's 15.6 FGA per game to go down a bit (maybe to 14.5 FGA) since we could go to Danny when the game is close for a change.

Nuntius
02-15-2013, 08:51 AM
RANT ALERT:
I'm so tired of players getting a knock of not being a "pure pg" if you want a "pure pg" sign a Euro league pg and let your team get abused night in and night out. The pure pg is such a joke. The player either can play the position and help the team or he can't. We should jut sign Cabaggages. Dimitris Diamantidis or Milos Teodosic (problem is these guys suck at NBA style basketball I dont think people get that) so we can have a "pure pg" which it seems like 95% of the board is in love with. Or we could just trade for Chris Duhon who is a "pure pg" but sucks at basketball. Im sorry I want a great basketball player not a "pure pg" most ridiculous thing I have seen is this fan bases desire for a pure pg.

the pure pgs for the most part suck at the NBA game. Give me Bledsoe over a "pure pg" any day. I just players that can play and Bledsoe can play and he can play the pg position and the SG he would be super valuable to this club especially on D.

I agree with your overall premise that this team has no need for a pure PG but you cannot say that Diamantidis would suck at the NBA. We have way to know how good or bad he would perform. He is not Jasikevicius. He is a big guard that can play both guard positions (since he can shoot and knows how to play off the ball), has court vision, has a big wingspan and can play great D.

In his prime I believe that he could play in the NBA. Shved seems to be doing just fine and he's in a similar mold.

/end rant

Dr. Awesome
02-15-2013, 10:27 AM

In terms of having his stats blown up with the system? Sure, thats a possibility. However, Bledsoe is an elite defender/athlete, he is extremely valuable in my book for those reasons. I would probably trade Granger for a package involving him honestly(and I love Granger). The problem then becomes how do we move Hill?

OlBlu
02-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Gerald Green is averaging 7 FGA per game. Sam Young is averaging 3.3 FGA per game. Those are 10.3 FGA per game that are allocated to our back-up wing rotation.

DJ Augustin is averaging 4.1 FGA per game. Orlando Johnson is averaging 2.5 FGA per game. Those are 6.6 FGA per game that are allocated to our back-up guard rotation.

Combined those and you get 16.9 FGA per game. Danny averaged 15.2 FGA per game last season and I don't expect him to average more this year. In fact, I expect him to average somewhere around 12 and 14 FGA per game.

He can easily take the majority of Green's and Young's shots since he will replace them in the rotation. Young will still play spot minutes for defensive purposes but he isn't going to shoot as much as he did earlier in the season.

Danny can also take some shots away from some of the other second unit players (namely DJ, OJ and maybe, maybe Ian, who is also averaging 4.1 FGA by the way) and along with the shots he takes away from Green and Young he could easily shoot 12-14 times per game without taking any shot away from any starter.

That said, I do expect West's 15.6 FGA per game to go down a bit (maybe to 14.5 FGA) since we could go to Danny when the game is close for a change.

That will all be true if he plays with the second unit as he should. However, if he starts, he won't take any shots from them. They will come directly from PG......:cool: ...

PacerPride33
02-15-2013, 11:15 AM
If you trade Blesdsoe for Granger...would Hill start at the 2 and Bledsoe at the 1 or keep the current rotation and have Bledsoe come off the bench?

Sparhawk
02-15-2013, 11:35 AM
My dream moves right now is to somehow get Bledsoe and Kyle Korver.

Nuntius
02-15-2013, 12:14 PM
That will all be true if he plays with the second unit as he should. However, if he starts, he won't take any shots from them. They will come directly from PG......:cool: ...

Frank already said that he Danny will begin off the bench. It's only natural to slowly get him into playing shape by playing him off the bench.

It doesn't really matter if Granger starts or not. One of PG or DG can always play a lot with the bench no matter who starts and who doesn't.

What matters is who finishes. Who has the ball in his hands when the game is on the line. I'd still NOT want the ball in Paul's hands when the game is on the line in the playoffs. Especially if the game is not Indiana. Paul is still young.

We should give him those chances to grow in the regular season but in the playoffs I'd go with the veteran be it West, Granger, Hill or even Hibbert.

I'm sure that PG will be up to it by next season, though. He may even be up it earlier than that :)

CableKC
02-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Okay....let's get this thread back on topic.....am I the only one that is surprised by the names of some of the Players on this list?

We know of some of the obvious choices....like Josh Smith, AlJeff, Milsap, Bargnani, etc.......but I am surprised to learn of Gortat and Evan Turner on the list.

Evan Turner is still on a rookie contract....and IMHO...there is enough turmoil with the Sixers to not properly gauge whether he can be consistent or not.

As for Gortat.....IMHO...he's one of those Quality Starters that was locked into a VERY REASONABLE contract ( $7-8 mil per year this and next season ). The impression that I get is that he's on the block because he doesn't fit very well with what Lindsey Hunter wants to do. The problem is that if the Suns ( much less any other Team ) want to rebuild or even retool.....you don't want MAX contracts on the books when it comes to the Starters. Having Gortat's very reasonable contract on the books is what you want.

CableKC
02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
If you trade Blesdsoe for Granger...would Hill start at the 2 and Bledsoe at the 1 or keep the current rotation and have Bledsoe come off the bench?
I'd move GH to the SG spot and Bledsoe to the point.

I would then wake up from that dream since I know that this won't happen ;)

*astrisk*
02-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Okay....let's get this thread back on topic......

I'd move GH to the SG spot and Bledsoe to the point.

I would then wake up from that dream since I know that this won't happen ;)

Did you change your mind about getting it back on topic KC? LOL

Naptown_Seth
02-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Agree, although I think Jennings did prove my faith in him as a top NBA prospect when people questioned his move to Euro ball instead of NCAA. To me that's what guys who want to make money instead of going to college should do.

The NBA is a SINGLE COMPANY that pays lots of money but has entry level requirements like tons of jobs do (ie, jobs that say "degree required"). There are tons of other companies that pay less but don't have those requirements. You take that job and work your way to the better job, like Jennings did.

Then he scored 55 and turned into an ego-maniacal jerk. It's a shame because his quickness is deadly and in the past he was a very good passer, almost Rubio good.

Ace E.Anderson
02-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Agree, although I think Jennings did prove my faith in him as a top NBA prospect when people questioned his move to Euro ball instead of NCAA. To me that's what guys who want to make money instead of going to college should do.

The NBA is a SINGLE COMPANY that pays lots of money but has entry level requirements like tons of jobs do (ie, jobs that say "degree required"). There are tons of other companies that pay less but don't have those requirements. You take that job and work your way to the better job, like Jennings did.

Then he scored 55 and turned into an ego-maniacal jerk. It's a shame because his quickness is deadly and in the past he was a very good passer, almost Rubio good.

He was so much more of a true PG during his rookie season. I thought he was sort of a left handed version of T.J Ford (pre-injury/pure PG form). But he has become more of a scoring type of PG and his defense still sucks.

If he could get back to that style of play (unlikely) he would be a pretty good, and a very creative PG for any team. Or If he could embrace a change of pace/6th man role (even more unlikely) he would be good with his current style of play.

Naptown_Seth
02-15-2013, 01:39 PM
It's best to just leave vnzla81 alone when he's busy beating the hell out of his strawman. His dirty, evil strawman that deserves every kick and punch he can give it. You die strawman, and then you put the lotion in the basket.

When you intercede like that you're just begging to catch some collateral damage.

Also it's pretty well known that Granger will make his introduction appearance by "dropping" from the ceiling like Boomer, except he will fly in on his cape instead. Then he'll drop 65 with 6 of his 9 threes coming from about his own FT line and of the no-look variety.

Men will weep with joy, women will swoon, children will disavow their parents and form a Lord of the Flies style community under the north bleachers dedicated to the worship not just of Danny but of the southwest US and the number 33. J<i>esus</i> will stop mid-return upon seeing Danny in action and ascend back to heaven to "wait for a better time" when he doesn't have to "compete with THAT", because, you know, come on.

So I think expectations have been really low actually.

CableKC
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Did you change your mind about getting it back on topic KC? LOL
Apparently, I did......:zip:

Gamble1
02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
It's best to just leave vnzla81 alone when he's busy beating the hell out of his strawman. His dirty, evil strawman that deserves every kick and punch he can give it. You die strawman, and then you put the lotion in the basket.

When you intercede like that you're just begging to catch some collateral damage.

Also it's pretty well known that Granger will make his introduction appearance by "dropping" from the ceiling like Boomer, except he will fly in on his cape instead. Then he'll drop 65 with 6 of his 9 threes coming from about his own FT line and of the no-look variety.

Men will weep with joy, women will swoon, children will disavow their parents and form a Lord of the Flies style community under the north bleachers dedicated to the worship not just of Danny but of the southwest US and the number 33. ***** will stop mid-return upon seeing Danny in action and ascend back to heaven to "wait for a better time" when he doesn't have to "compete with THAT", because, you know, come on.

:applaud:

Naptown_Seth
02-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Good. We don't need a pure PG.
And George + Lance are proving that. What they do with this offense and with passing teammates like West, Roy, Paul and even Danny makes the need for a Jackson style PG moot.

Hill and Lance can get upcourt with the ball effectively, and both can breakdown their man or work off a PnR to initiate a play. Plus both can make you pay if you leave them thanks to Lance's improved shooting. That plus defense encompasses everything we need at PG, so really we don't need to trade for one.

The team only has 2 clear needs

1) Roy to score at the rim like he did in the Charlotte game (ie, strong moves for dunks, soft touch on some layups)

2) Wing scoring in the 2nd unit

Danny fills #2 even if he starts because right now the rotations already push 1-2 starters deep into the bench time ala the Jordan Bulls. Pippen would stay out long enough for Mike to rest and then Mike would come in for Pippen for a bit. Danny and Paul can do this, and West, Hill and Roy have already been asked to linger to stabilize the bench guys as well.

You've got 240 minutes. If you get the following:

Hill - 35
Lance - 30
Paul - 38
West - 35
Roy - 30
Danny - 30

Then you only need to fill another 42 minutes - 16 for Ian, 15 for Tyler, 11 for DJ.

You don't even have Green, Young or OJ in there. And if it was me I'd use OJ in place of DJ and let Lance be the "PG" in terms of getting the ball over HC, paired with Pulp and some other passing (Paul brings it up too at times).

So with those 6 getting those minutes it means you have tons of overlap. Even if you have 11 minutes of those 3 bench guys plus Lance, it still means you must have a starter out there. So there will NEVER be a time you don't have 2 of the main 6 out there once Danny is back up to 30 minutes.

This solves bench wing scoring and general outside shooting issues that was supposed to be covered by Green, DJ and a tiny bit by Young (but he's here for defense).

Since86
02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
BUT....it's not about minutes, it's about shots.

The only shots available to take away from other players, for Danny, are PG's shots. Right?

CableKC
02-15-2013, 02:31 PM
OJs new nickname....Pulp....:lol:

CableKC
02-15-2013, 02:44 PM
BUT....it's not about minutes, it's about shots.

The only shots available to take away from other players, for Danny, are PG's shots. Right?
I'd assume that Granger would take away shots from everyone....PG, GH, West and Hibbert. My assumption would be that Granger's presence on the floor would change how the opposing Team's defense would defend everyone.

Hicks
02-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Danny averages 15 shots per game last year. Over 30 minutes or so, I don't think it's that hard to find them for him when subtracting from 4 teammates at a time.

J7F
02-15-2013, 02:54 PM
I agree a pure PG is not needed due to our offensive scheme and the players we have in it...

I've always wanted a big PG (6'4+) with defense being their best trait...

GHill is a lite version of the PG I would love us to have... And I am happy with him...

DrFife
02-15-2013, 03:17 PM
OJs new nickname....Pulp....:lol:

Shouldn't that describe our most prolific rebounder (Hibbert, though not by a lot)? ... because he squeezes that orange?

Cactus Jax
02-15-2013, 03:36 PM

Men will weep with joy, women will swoon, children will disavow their parents and form a Lord of the Flies style community under the north bleachers dedicated to the worship not just of Danny but of the southwest US and the number 33. J<i>esus</i> will stop mid-return upon seeing Danny in action and ascend back to heaven to "wait for a better time" when he doesn't have to "compete with THAT", because, you know, come on.

I'm fine with being worshipped here in AZ...

Cactus Jax
02-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Back on topic regarding the Clips and Bledsoe...I don't really like 2 PG size guards starting at 1 and 2, but that would mean Lance can back them both up and play a good amount of minutes still, and if there's ever an injury to Hill or Bledsoe, he can step in at the 2. Assuming the team gets back expirings, I think it really helps their cap situation a lot, but it probably won't happen for either team until maybe the off-season, can always revisit it then.

Sbt2
02-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Right city, wrong players. Hibbert and Granger for D Howard and World Peace. Salaries equal up and both teams benefit. Do it!!!