PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Bobcats Postgame Thread 2/13/13

Trophy
02-13-2013, 09:21 PM
What a way to head into your first All-Star game! A Triple-double for a true star on the rise!

Great win going into the break! :dance:

http://i47.tinypic.com/34xqfcj.png
(Courtesy of NBA.com)

PaceBalls
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Dude, Paul George.

Kid Minneapolis
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Very good game for PG. I think this kid could pull off a quadruple-double some day, adding steals.

Indra
02-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Paul George might have the most well-rounded game in the league right now outside of LeBron James.

luis3ep
02-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Great win without West and Granger!

Sookie
02-13-2013, 09:50 PM
That's how you make up for a poor night, Paul George.

If Tyler could play against Charlotte every game, he'd be an all star.

CableKC
02-13-2013, 09:52 PM
That's how you make up for a poor night, Paul George.

Does playing with the Starters make Players like DJ and Hansbrough better Players?

I'm guessing the attention afforded to the Starters makes a difference...but I wonder why they don't always play like that :shrug:

Trader Joe
02-13-2013, 09:55 PM
I looked at Paul George's stat line....and I jizzed in my pants.

Johanvil
02-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Good win to get out of our system the horrible 2 losses at home.

Gold
02-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Does playing with the Starters make Players like DJ and Hansbrough better Players?

I'm guessing the attention afforded to the Starters makes a difference...but I wonder why they don't always play like that :shrug:

He really does play Charlotte well, but I'm a firm believer in Hansbrough only being mediocre after West came in and put him on the bench. Either he's just more productive as a starter because he can shoot at a higher volume or the starters themselves help hansbrough out a lot more than the bench does. Either way, that's what its always seemed like to me.

Jon Theodore
02-13-2013, 10:15 PM
He really does play Charlotte well, but I'm a firm believer in Hansbrough only being mediocre after West came in and put him on the bench. Either he's just more productive as a starter because he can shoot at a higher volume or the starters themselves help hansbrough out a lot more than the bench does. Either way, that's what its always seemed like to me.

For me this is irrefutable fact. Hansbrough is a good basketball player who has never had to adjust to being a role player until recently. Lance always looks to help Tyler score, but in general Tyler has been a better player as a starter without lance in the past. Tyler is a rhythm shooter and seems to struggle in short spurts, almost as if the pressure of knowing he has limited minutes makes him overthink things as a bench player. Pacers trading Tyler has made a lot of sense and I am surprised they haven't, I am a huge Tyler supporter and want to see him play here forever...but realistically speaking trading him just seems to make sense unless David West's return is not such a sure thing.

travmil
02-13-2013, 10:28 PM
What, no blocks for PG? Lame...we should trade that guy while his value is high...

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 10:34 PM
And to think that some people thought that Paul George's value was never going to be higher :laugh:

Jon Theodore
02-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Thats crazy how other peoples predictions are wrong sometimes, my mind has been blown.

Sandman21
02-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Thanks to PG dropping the Trip-Dub tonight, we've got 3 G2ers about to receive tattoos as part of the G2Tat2 challenge.... Thats where that roar came from when he got the tenth rebound. :D

Paul George ‏@Paul_George24

Yeap! RT @HAYDENparker22: @Paul_George24 you paying for the tattoos??
Expand

Dr. Awesome
02-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks to PG dropping the Trip-Dub tonight, we've got 3 G2ers about to receive tattoos as part of the G2Tat2 challenge.... Thats where that roar came from when he got the tenth rebound. :D

Paul George ‏@Paul_George24

Yeap! RT @HAYDENparker22: @Paul_George24 you paying for the tattoos??
Expand
I'm lost, whats happening?

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm lost, whats happening?

Some people are getting tattoos for some reason.

Sandman21
02-13-2013, 11:11 PM
G2Zoners are getting tats because PG dropped the Triple Dub (one of the goals on the G2Tat2 challenge that was started this month), PG has said he is paying for said tats.

daschysta
02-13-2013, 11:14 PM
George is going to be a guy commonly recognized as a superstar level player next season. He's been a top 10 player in the NBA since December 4th.

Since that time (35 games, over 3/4 of the season)

19.6 ppg
8.5 rpg
4.3 apg

2.05 steals
.7 blocks

55% True scoring (well above league average efficiency)
3.9 free throws per game (on a clear upward trajectory, we've all seen him aggressively force officials to give him calls as of late, and he's got to the line about 6.5 times per game in February, even with the stinker vs. Brooklyn)

Those numbers during that period compared to the NBA leaders this season would put him

#12 in points per game right after Tony Parker
#23 in rebounds per game tied with Larry Sanders
#37 in assists per game right with Brandon Knight, a starting point guard
#3 in steals per game, behind only Mike Conley and Chris Paul
# 32 in 3 point percentage (.394) tied with Carlos Delfino

Then take into account his elite defense night in and night out, which aside from steals largely isn't reflected in the traditional stats.

We don't need to imagine what a "superstar" in Indiana would look like, you need only look as far as Paul George's last 35 games, he's easily been performing like a top 10 player in the NBA since he broke out.

imawhat
02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Thats where that roar came from when he got the tenth rebound. :D

And also that weird hand gesture from Paul at the end.

Great game from Paul; that was fun to watch!

Very good game for PG. I think this kid could pull off a quadruple-double some day, adding steals.

That'll be pretty tough. Only 2 times in the past 13 seasons has a player recorded double-digit steals, and only 13 times overall (by 9 players) since the stat has been recorded.

Gold
02-13-2013, 11:31 PM
G2Zoners are getting tats because PG dropped the Triple Dub (one of the goals on the G2Tat2 challenge that was started this month), PG has said he is paying for said tats.

Lol wow. Are they getting tats of something specific or are they just getting a random tat?

Sandman21
02-13-2013, 11:33 PM
And also that weird hand gesture from Paul at the end.

Thats where it was directed to. :D

Lol wow. Are they getting tats of something specific or are they just getting a random tat?
Pacer logos I believe.

travmil
02-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Thats where it was directed to. :D

Pacer logos I believe.

Please oh please oh please make it this one!

http://www.michael-weinstein.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pacers_old1.jpg

Sandman21
02-14-2013, 12:00 AM
I believe at least one person wants to do that logo.

vnzla81
02-14-2013, 12:03 AM
George is going to be a guy commonly recognized as a superstar level player next season. He's been a top 10 player in the NBA since December 4th.

19.6 ppg
8.5 rpg
4.3 apg

2.05 steals
.7 blocks

3.9 free throws per game (on a clear upward trajectory, we've all seen him aggressively force officials to give him calls as of late, and he's got to the line about 6.5 times per game in February, even with the stinker vs. Brooklyn)

Those numbers during that period compared to the NBA leaders this season would put him

Then take into account his elite defense night in and night out, which aside from steals largely isn't reflected in the traditional stats.

We don't need to imagine what a "superstar" in Indiana would look like, you need only look as far as Paul George's last 35 games, he's easily been performing like a top 10 player in the NBA since he broke out.

Amazing to see how many people here still don't believe in Paul George.

cdash
02-14-2013, 12:12 AM

Wait till Gordon Hayward gets his chance...

ilive4sports
02-14-2013, 12:20 AM

19.6 ppg
8.5 rpg
4.3 apg

2.05 steals
.7 blocks

glad you posted this so i dont have to do the work :laugh:

never stopped believing in this kid. i saw it in his game as a rookie and am sooooooooo happy he is progressing this well and this fast.

cdash
02-14-2013, 12:24 AM
At this risk of sounding hyperbolic: Paul George is the most important professional athlete in Indianapolis since _________.

Oh, and quarterbacks don't count.

Sookie
02-14-2013, 12:29 AM

They know tattoos are permanent, right?

Pace Maker
02-14-2013, 12:34 AM
I happily admit that I didn't have faith in Paul George. I thought he would be a fine NBA player, his ceiling around Rudy Gay level. I didn't think, especially considering the first few weeks of the season, he would surpass Rudy Gay so freaking quickly...

I still am at a loss for how quickly he got so good. I still almost can't believe it. His handles while still a little clumsy have shown significant improvement, his jumpshot has gotten much much better, especially considering how inconsistent it was in his rookie year, his defense as always is stellar, his rebounding is #2 for Small Forwards, and what has surprised me the most is his improved passing. He's averaging about 4 assists a game, and it could just as easily be 6 if we made shots at a normal clip. The guy's game has taken a big jump so quickly its astonishing. He's just 22 years old...

If I do have to make some complaints is his FG%. I know he had a rough start which bogs it down, but 42% is bleh. Sometimes he falls in love with jumpshots or the 3 ball too much, when I'd like to see him attack the basket and get to the line. The good news is he will probably be getting more respect from the refs, which will definitely help him shoot more free throws helping his efficiency.

Peck
02-14-2013, 02:57 AM
Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNBA
Gerald Green wouldn't give any hints, but said if he's able to pull off this 1 dunk in the comp it'll be the greatest of all time. Buckle up

So would it be wrong of me to reply that to obtain maximum elevation someone should pump fake the ball to him?

Good God did you see him bite on that Ben Gordon show the ball fake out at the three point line? I think when Gerald finally landed 2 more plays had occurred.

Heisenberg
02-14-2013, 03:55 AM
I do wish Green weren't such a dumbass player. If only because he really does seem like a good guy, says all the right things and all that. Could just be that his people told him to learn how to sell yourself if you wanna get back to the league and it's all BS, but still, I'd be lying if I said that stuff isn't why I defend Roy and have become a fan of Ian. Just genuine, nice dudes. Green seems like he'd be a lot of fun to root for if there were ever anything at all to root for.

Nuntius
02-14-2013, 06:17 AM

Yes. I really don't know why that happens. No matter if the game is in Charlotte or Indiana he always plays great against them.

Nuntius
02-14-2013, 06:32 AM

I do believe in Paul George. I just believe in Danny Granger as well ;)

Anthem
02-14-2013, 07:43 AM
I loved watching Paul George abuse smaller players on the block. I can't wait to see him do that more frequently (as he gets to start playing against SGs).

That's it for me, guys. I'll see you all after Easter.

Johanvil
02-14-2013, 07:44 AM
I do believe in Paul George. I just believe in Danny Granger as well ;)

You know what you're getting from Danny and I, as well, believe in him. A lot. He can and will contribute to this team.
And whoever says he's not a good player, well, that's just his opinion, man....:D

Coopdog23
02-14-2013, 09:21 AM
You know what you're getting from Danny and I, as well, believe in him. A lot. He can and will contribute to this team.
And whoever says he's not a good player, well, that's just his opinion, man....:D

He's the best shooter and once he returns, Hibbert's production will go up and we can all get off his back

dohman
02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
First game I had to miss all year. Can someone fill me in on a few things.

It shows hibbert shot over 50% - Where were the bulk of his shots? Also does anyone know if they came late in the shot clock? I have noticed that over the past few games hibbert has been the one getting the ball with only a few seconds left being forced to take a awkward shot.

Pendergraph also appeared to have yet another good shooting night. Did he get his open jumpers again? How was his defense?

Justin Tyme
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Wait till Gordon Hayward gets his chance...

Oh, the posts graphic-er and I had during the 010 draft as who was better. Graph wanted the Pacers to draft Gordon, and I wanted Bird to draft Paul.

A large shoutout from me to Mr. Bird for drafting PAUL GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll say graph has been gracious to admit PG was the better of the 2 players much earlier in both their careers. As I will add, GH is a fine BB player who I keep tabs on his games. I always wish him the best, except when playing the Pacers.

Justin Tyme
02-14-2013, 01:45 PM

It shows hibbert shot over 50% - Where were the bulk of his shots? Also does anyone know if they came late in the shot clock? I have noticed that over the past few games hibbert has been the one getting the ball with only a few seconds left being forced to take a awkward shot.

Pendergraph also appeared to have yet another good shooting night. Did he get his open jumpers again? How was his defense?

Yes, JP hit open jumpers. What surprised me was his passing ability. I sure hope he gets more PT, and it's not "thanks for your contribution when we needed it" type thing.

McKeyFan
02-14-2013, 09:38 PM
That's it for me, guys. I'll see you all after Easter.

Really?

Sandman21
02-14-2013, 09:45 PM
A large shoutout from me to Mr. Bird for drafting PAUL GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And not turning around and trading him! :D

aamcguy
02-15-2013, 01:46 AM

I think he got 2 feeds for easy dunks, 2 put backs. I think he was 1/2 on postups, and at least 2 of the other 3 missed shots were on a possession where he scored on a put back at the end.

Pendergraph looked more mortal today, but played very well in the second half and got a cpl jumpers to go again.

Hicks
02-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Really?

Yep. Check his signature. Lent.