PDA

View Full Version : When your # is called...

a5g9
02-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Man, I'm sure you all can appreciate our teams' "Next Man Up" mentality. It really makes the squad more competitive not only to the rest of the Association, but to themselves. Right know we're seeing Psycho-T lead the team in scoring, we saw Pendy GO NUCKING FUTS (shameless Spade plug) against the Nets, and we are watching Born Ready develop (the irony). I'm sure it's not uncommon for guys to go at it in practice and push the next guy. (For some reason I think Lance & Danny talk a lot of trash to each other.) In theory, it makes everyone on the team be on their P's & Q's or they can be sat/replaced. Think about, Vogel wasn't afraid to sit DC, who did play some decent ball for the Blue & Gold. (& im sure if Pacers could they would have only traded Ian for Jones.) Nor was Vogel afraid to burry Gerald at the end of the bench, & he was supposed to be the missing peice for our bench! I'm sure he's working harder for more minutes. What do you guys think?

CableKC
02-13-2013, 10:23 PM
I like that Hansbrough is able to step up when needed...same with Pendy ( who I was really surprised with ). Despite a lot of rust and some simple turnovers...I like that Pendy didn't look completely lost and ineffectual out there.

As for Hansbrough....I don't know if it's the "Charlotte" effect....but he tends to have big games against Charlotte ( maybe he knows that he is always auditioning for a return to NC ;) ).

But to your point....I liked that OJ was able to step up and show that he wasn't a complete rookie a few games back.

MvPlumlee
02-15-2013, 04:13 AM
So far, our players have done a pretty good job replacing starters or bench players. Mahinmi plays well when Roy is in foul trouble, Hansbrough and Penderstar did a good job replacing West, even Augustin was doing ok as a starter.

It's still a mystery though, why we have good players on the bench, who play well when they start, but as a bench they kind of suck. I wonder if Vogel's rotations have something to do with it.
When a player is struggling, Frank keeps giving them his confidence and minutes, but when you are a bench player or backup of a backup, it is very hard to break that circle of confidence and get awarded even when you are playing really well. If an award is unlikely, it's very hard to be motivated. When they do get to start (because of an injury or foul trouble) you can almost see the motivation dripping from their shoulders.

*astrisk*
02-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Man, I'm sure you all can appreciate our teams' "Next Man Up" mentality.

Bro, I was thinking the same thing last night at bedtime when I couldn't sleep for two hours thinking about Danny coming back!!!

Glad Frank the Tank thought of it first! Where would we be without that and "smashmouth basketball"? Ingenious! Well played Vogular, well played!!!

Seriously though, I agree in a less enthusiastic way with what you said...

Tom White
02-15-2013, 06:52 PM
What do you guys think?

What I think is that when I saw the title for this thread, I got worried. The first thing that came to my mind when I read "When your # is called..." was that someone was dying. Wow! Just goes to show how words and phrases can mean different things to different people.

By the way, glad I was wrong!