PDA

View Full Version : Danny is not playing tonight

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 11:41 AM
@PacersDMB: Danny Granger has been ruled out to play tonight vs. Bobcats. Not at shootaround as he is sick. David West game time with scratched left eye

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
Danny Granger will NOT play tonight. David West (eye) missed shootaround and is a game-time decision.

Penderstar time?

Sollozzo
02-13-2013, 11:48 AM
I think it's fair to ask if we're going to see him in the month of February.

Unclebuck
02-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Sick? I guess it wasn't meant to be. I guess it is good to get it out of the way now. Seems like every player on the roster has been sick at one time or another.

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Conrad Brunner ‏@1070Bruno
Granger (ill) out, West game-time (eye). Neither at shootaround.

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Here is Brunner's interview yesterday by the way, he talks about Danny by the 4 minutes mark:

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/

Trader Joe
02-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Good lord, we're going to go into the all star break on a 3 game losing streak. I blame Wells article.

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
Vogel said Granger has flu symptoms so he won't play. His knee responded well to practice but he "probably wouldn't be quite ready" anyway.

Conrad was right I guess.

ejwallace
02-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Boy my kid will be pissed at me....I told him Granger was back tonight and as long as he has an excellent day in school he can stay up past bedtime to watch the whole game....Just to see Danny....Wife just informed me that so far, he's been stellar in school today.....Think he'll believe that Pendy is Danny??

Trader Joe
02-13-2013, 12:20 PM
I swear to God if we lost 3 straight games at home after the way we blitzed January and started this month my poor head is going to pop right off my shoulders.

Justin Tyme
02-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Never expected Granger to play b4 the Allstar break. Makes more sense for him to use the extra week for healing.

Sollozzo
02-13-2013, 12:23 PM
I listened to the Conrad interview on JMV. Conrad said that Frank has dialed the Granger expectations back a bit over the last week or so. Frank said that we aren't going to put a guy out there until he (Granger) is confident that he can play well, and Conrad wondered if maybe Granger wasn't confident in his ability to play well yet. Yesterday coach said "he looks rusty, that's what you'd expect, I want to warn people about expectations and that you might not see a 40 minute player at first".

The gist of the interview is that Conrad seemed to be dialing back expectations.

http://www.1070thefan.com/jmv/podcast.aspx

Pacer Fan
02-13-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm not reading into this anymore then Danny being sick and his knee feels great.

Justin Tyme
02-13-2013, 12:27 PM
If DWest is out, I'd hope Chumlee would get some PT against the Puddycats. It might help raise his trade value. LOL!

Justin Tyme
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I swear to God if we lost 3 straight games at home after the way we blitzed January and started this month my poor head is going to pop right off my shoulders.

Just be prepared. I've prepared for a worse case scenario. If it happens, look to the southern part of Marion co area for a bright red mushroom explosion, that will be me throwing a Rumplestiltskin fit.

BRushWithDeath
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM

I predicted we'd be 4-3 in February before the break. Suffice to say, this was not how I thought it would happen.

beast23
02-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Never expected Granger to play b4 the Allstar break. Makes more sense for him to use the extra week for healing.... Or getting in those 300 perimeter jumpers and 100 free throws per day in preparation for his first game.

With illnesses in the family and two new grandchildren, I haven't made a game yet this year. With what I thought would be Granger's return, I was going to make tonight my first. So, I'll hold off one more game. I plan on giving my first standing ovation of the season to Granger when he enters the game for the first time.

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 12:45 PM
http://blogs.1070thefan.com/2013/02/13/with-granger-out-west-ailing-pendergraph-steps-forward/?utm_campaign=Bruno&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

With Granger out, West ailing, Pendergraph steps forward
Published February 13, 2013 | By Conrad Brunner
We thought tonight’s game was going to be about Danny Granger.

Instead, it could well be about Jeff Pendergraph.

Instead of being back to full strength for the first time this year, the Pacers will remain shorthanded tonight – possibly even moreso than expected.

Danny Granger will not make his regular-season debut, the Pacers said after shootaround this morning. Granger has been felled by flu-like symptoms, so he will not be back until after the All-Star break.

And David West may join Granger on the sidelines tonight. West sustained a scratched left eye early in the Pacers’ 89-84 overtime loss to the Nets Monday, did not practice Tuesday and was not at shootaround Wednesday. He’s officially listed as a game-time decision.

If West cannot go, Jeff Pendergraph will get his first start of the season – and just his second in three years.

GRANGER’s KNEE NOT QUITE READY

Granger was cleared for full-contact earlier this month and has had two full practices, including Tuesday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Coach Frank Vogel had been enthusiastic about the prospects of a pre-All-Star-break return for Granger, who has been out all season while recovering from left knee tendinosis – a much more serious condition than tendinitis – was more reserved yesterday.

“My message to Danny is ‘we don’t want you to come back until you feel like you’re ready,’ ’’ Vogel said. “We don’t want to rush guys back that aren’t ready to come back, that don’t feel good about how they’re playing and how their bodies feel. So if he’s not there yet, then I don’t want to push the issue. We’ll wait.”

Though Granger’s knee responded positively to practice, Vogel said he probably wouldn’t have played tonight even in the absence of illness.

“(Granger) responded well, (but) he probably wouldn’t be quite ready yet, even if he wasn’t sick,” Vogel said. “Combined with the fact he’s sick, just not the right time.

“We’re hoping for right after the All-Star break but we’ll see how this week of continuing to work goes for him.”

PENDERGRAPH MAY GET HIS BIG CHANCE

Pendergraph racked up season highs of 17.3 minutes, 14 points and 10 rebounds off the bench against the Nets Monday, raising questions about why the 6-9 forward hasn’t been able to find a place in the rotation.

Now, he could pick up his first start since April 23 of last season, an inconsequential game.

“I feel I’m pretty ready. I’ve been ready all year,” Pendergraph said. “It’s time to take control of the opportunity and make the most of it.”

Asked if he would approach the game with a different mindset as a starter, Pendegraph was refreshingly candid.

“I have no idea, I really haven’t done it,” he said with a smile. “We’ll approach it the same way and see how it works.”

Vogel said West’s eye was swollen almost completely shut this morning after a visit to the doctor but said the decision about the veteran power forward’s availability would not be made until players return to the arena tonight.

rock747
02-13-2013, 12:51 PM
why is PG out tonight? Is he still fouled out?

No, he's already left for Houston. In fact, I think he left Monday.

Justin Tyme
02-13-2013, 01:01 PM

ZING! Ouch.

Ace E.Anderson
02-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Well this effin sucks.

If we lose to the bobcats.....

Ace E.Anderson
02-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Never expected Granger to play b4 the Allstar break. Makes more sense for him to use the extra week for healing.

I always felt it would have been smart for him to play some these last 2 games, and then use the AS break to recover and get some rest from those games. But it doesn't matter what I think lol I'm just a fan. Seems like we will just have to get used to not having him play for a few more games.

Slick Pinkham
02-13-2013, 01:07 PM

:confused:

Derek2k3
02-13-2013, 01:12 PM
I love that Pendy is getting the start if David can't go.

And I'll be damned if this team is gonna lose to freaking Charlotte. Give me PG/Hill/Roy, they got this.

Nuntius
02-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Can someone please tell me what Conrad said?

Trader Joe
02-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Ok I need to vent about something, is anyone else tired of Mike Wells complaining about getting ?'s about granger on twitter? That is his damn job. He doesn't have to answer them and if he doesn't want to receive them at all he can always just get rid of twitter, but it is incredibly tiresome to hear him constantly whine about it for the past 2-3 weeks.

Rogco
02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
If DWest is out, I'd hope Chumlee would get some PT against the Puddycats. It might help raise his trade value. LOL!

His trade value will never be any higher!

Pacer Fan
02-13-2013, 01:44 PM

How he do that? He was in practice yesterday.

beast23
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM

I know he's excited about his first All-Star appearance, but come on. Team first and foremost... nothing comes before "team". Don't talk one thing then let your actions indicate that you are above your words and that you will do something else.

An All-Star appearance is a "nice-to-have", but just how difficult could it have been to have played a Wednesday game, then go to Houston? I'd bet the Pacers would have been glad to have provided the transportation right after the game.

Everyone has competing responsibilities. How you choose to prioritize them sometimes speaks wonders about the person himself.

Ace E.Anderson
02-13-2013, 01:48 PM

Lol for everyone who's confused, it was a joke saying that Paul was checked out and thinking about the AS game during Monday's game against the Nets

kent beckley
02-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Wow people, come on. It was obviously a joke. We all watched him play Monday Night.

Pacer Fan
02-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Went right over my head...lol! funny

That happens when reading and texting PD while at work. :)

Heisenberg
02-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Ok I need to vent about something, is anyone else tired of Mike Wells complaining about getting ?'s about granger on twitter? That is his damn job. He doesn't have to answer them and if he doesn't want to receive them at all he can always just get rid of twitter, but it is incredibly tiresome to hear him constantly whine about it for the past 2-3 weeks.

Wells needs to get an old lady. If you know what I'm saying. Dude gets cranky.

Mourning
02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Wells needs to get an old lady. If you know what I'm saying. Dude gets cranky.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hmmmm.... that's a nice idea for a tweet :hmm:

BlueCollarColts
02-13-2013, 04:14 PM
lol, guys he will be back February, lol the only question with was today for feb. 20th, the 20th it is

RWB
02-13-2013, 04:39 PM
lol, guys he will be back February, lol the only question with was today for feb. 20th, the 20th it is

Can we give a big hmmm if he's not back the 20th?

vnzla81
02-13-2013, 04:43 PM

Lol how you know this? lol ......

BobbyMac
02-13-2013, 04:59 PM
I"m simply tired of the lousy coverage of the Pacers by Wells, he's more interested in himself than the Pacers.

BlueCollarColts
02-13-2013, 05:07 PM
yea, we can, but he will be

Naptown_Seth
02-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Yesterday coach said "he looks rusty, that's what you'd expect, I want to warn people about expectations and that you might not see a 40 minute player at first
Look Frank, the fanbase you are addressing is the core 6-8K GLOBAL who would even follow his recovery and have any level of expectations for his play, and that group is so die-hard and focused that they all have already adjusted their expectations. Not one single PD person thinks Danny would have gone more than 10-15 tonight, and maybe wouldn't get over 30 till sometime in March. He probably wouldn't start for 3-4 games and even then he'd still have reduced minutes.

We all know that. Our excitement is simply for the idea of Danny returning and the chance to watch him get back up to speed much in the way we have enjoyed watching the development of guys like Paul or Lance.

Love ya Tank, but we get it. Just find a way to get this win tonight, the fanbase needs it as much as the team at this point.

Midcoasted
02-13-2013, 06:10 PM

If he's not back by then I think he should be shut down for the remainder of the season because obviously he would be having major set backs. Dare I ask if we have an amnesty option available on him for next year since his contract predates the CBA? Look I want the Danny of old back too, but I'm just thinking worst case scenario. We could make a legit push in the off season for our shiniest toy of all with that 23 million in cap space between West and Granger. And we have Bird rights on everyone else who has a deal coming up so we can exceed the cap up the LT level to keep the rest of the team intact. Or does the team not have Bird rights on Lance since he was a second rounder?

Obviously if we can't amnesty Granger then this is a stupid suggestion, but we could go after Millsap and Korver or Redick in free agency if we can. The starters stay in tact with Millsap taking over for West, and Korver is the gunner off the bench the fan base so desires. As much as we dislike the guy, if he were doing that to other teams for us we would love him. Korver is a better gunner, but I think Redick's defense is actually decent for a bench guy.

BPump33
02-13-2013, 06:11 PM
If he's not back by then I think he should be shut down for the remainder of the season because obviously he would be having major set backs. Dare I ask if we have an amnesty option available on him for next year since his contract predates the CBA? Look I want the Danny of old back too, but I'm just thinking worst case scenario. We could make a legit push in the off season for our shiniest toy of all with that 23 million in cap space between West and Granger. And we have Bird rights on everyone else who has a deal coming up so we can exceed the cap up the LT level to keep the rest of the team intact. Or does the team not have Bird rights on Lance since he was a second rounder?

Obviously if we can't amnesty Granger then this is a stupid suggestion, but we could go after Millsap and Korver or Redick in free agency if we can. The starters stay in tact with Millsap taking over for West, and Korver is the gunner off the bench the fan base so desires. As much as we dislike the guy, if he were doing that to other teams for us we would love him. Korver is a better gunner, but I think Redick's defense is actually decent for a bench guy.

I'm fairly certain you can only use the amnesty once, which we used on Posey.

Midcoasted
02-13-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm fairly certain you can only use the amnesty once, which we used on Posey.

There goes my whole dream scenario out the window. lol

Yea you're right I was thinking maybe it was one player a year, but it was one player total.

Hicks
02-13-2013, 06:45 PM
There's always the stretch provision, but I doubt we're going to need it here. But if he really can't play by the 20th, yeah, he may be in bigger trouble than I thought.

The Big Smooth
02-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Unless something major happened and Danny re-injured his knee this week, I don't think there is reason for concern. The Pacers have been way too vocal about Danny playing this week for there to be any question of his health.

We aren't the New England Patriots; I see no reason why the Pacers wouldn't be completely honest about the situation.