PDA

View Full Version : Should Vogel play Granger if he's healthy on Wednesday?

Coopdog23
02-12-2013, 03:39 PM
I say yes but for a few minutes just to get him some action

BillS
02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
yes
yes yes yes yes
yes yes
Yes yes yes yes yes yes
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
yes yes yes
yes yes yes yes yes

Play him and then he has the AS Break to work out the kinks/rest up to be ready for the rest of the season.
PUBLICIZE that he's going to play and maybe actually draw some people to an otherwise non-impact Wednesday night game against a pretty poor team.

Goyle
02-12-2013, 03:44 PM
yep, get all the fuss over "DANNYS FIRST GAME BACK" out of the way against the Bobcats.

Hicks
02-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Sure

yoadknux
02-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Of course. If a guy is healthy, shouldn't it be logical to play him?

Cousy47
02-12-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm kinda bah about it for Wednesday. Yes for all the reasons above. Give a little bump to a Wed. night game right before AS weekend. No to use the drama of a major game with NY on the 20th as an emotional bump to what will probably be a sold out game and maybe even national coverage?

Heisenberg
02-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Of course. More court time you can get him to see how his knee responds the better.

Sollozzo
02-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Sure, if he's physically ready to do it. I'm going to start getting a bit more worried about this situation if he doesn't play tomorrow.

Trader Joe
02-12-2013, 04:54 PM
And the captaaaaaaainnnnnnnnn

Will Galen
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
I think the answer to your question is self evident since you qualify him as being healthy.

They are using today's practice to decide whether to play him tomorrow or after the break.

Mackey_Rose
02-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Are they still paying him?

If he can play, he needs to be playing.

Sparhawk
02-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Yes, dammit.

BlueCollarColts
02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Vogel said he had a good practice today, and if he feels well tomorrow, it is his decision if he wants to play or not

Pacer Fan
02-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Yes, play him for 30 minutes and feed him the rock so he can score 45 points and then trade him quick!!!

/green

Pacerized
02-12-2013, 06:01 PM
If he was able to play we should have played him in the past 2 games. Every game without Granger is a game we have a better chance of losing.
YES play him.

Pacerfan
02-12-2013, 07:10 PM
If it's Danny's decision then he will be out there tomorrow unless he really is in pain.

BlueNGold
02-12-2013, 07:11 PM
I hope he plays because it will give him some time to recover after that first game back.

Anthem
02-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Absolutely. Limit his minutes, but put him out there.

MillerTime
02-12-2013, 07:35 PM
if hes healthy, why wouldnt they play him? The way our offense is struggling over the last 2 games, we need to play him. You can practice with the team all you want but playing in a game is totally different.

Cant wait to see Granger out there

Sollozzo
02-12-2013, 07:40 PM
If he doesn't play tomorrow, then does he play at all in February?

Goyle
02-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Danny's decision? Can't wait to see him tomorrow!

*astrisk*
02-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Forum Topic: Should Frank Vogel play Danny Granger, coming out of the tunnel, in a driving rainstorm, after eating Chicken Mcnuggets, on a Wednesday afternoon for brunch?

Discuss....

BlueCollarColts
02-12-2013, 08:42 PM
yea first game back from all-star break, feb. 20

BlueCollarColts
02-12-2013, 08:49 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/danny-granger-practice-video
video of Danny practicing, thought it was interesting

Anthem
02-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Excellent, thanks for that.

He definitely hasn't gained weight. He actually looks skinnier than he used to, especially the legs.

Hicks
02-12-2013, 09:18 PM

I think of course he does. It's just that there's a break between tomorrow and the next game. If he doesn't play tomorrow (and I think he will, but let's say otherwise) I think he'll definitely play next week.

Anthem
02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Lets hope that what Conrad was saying today is not true.
What did Conrad say today?

BlueCollarColts
02-12-2013, 09:56 PM
which was?

Randolph_HorseLips
02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
yep, get all the fuss over "DANNYS FIRST GAME BACK" out of the way against the Bobcats.

I agree with this. I don't want to assume victory over the Bobcats. After all, I was confident we'd beat Toronto.

But I think it makes sense to ease him back into a somewhat low-pressure game. It wouldn't feel right to bring him back against the Heat, Spurs, etc.

Will Galen
02-12-2013, 10:33 PM

Here he goes again! Leave it to Vnzla to bring something negative into a feel good thread! Notice the way he brought attention to himself, by saying something and not finishing, so people would ask?
:banghead:

MnvrChvy
02-13-2013, 02:33 AM

He definitely hasn't gained weight. He actually looks skinnier than he used to, especially the legs.

That's the first thing I noticed too. His calves look extremely thin. I don't know if it is because of the leggings he's got on or what. Still, he looked pretty fluid out there.

Peck
02-13-2013, 04:27 AM

Okay I can't be the only person who noticed Roy missing another shot.

Heisenberg
02-13-2013, 04:34 AM
Okay I can't be the only person who noticed Roy missing another shot.You weren't. But Danny shut a recent All Star down. Silver linings.

skyfire
02-13-2013, 05:43 AM
At home against Charlotte, with a 6 day break following sounds like a perfect opportunity to play a few minutes and start the knock some rust off.

cgg
02-13-2013, 07:55 AM
http://www.jonathanrosenbaum.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/batman_returns-poster.jpg

Coopdog23
02-13-2013, 09:29 AM
At home against Charlotte, with a 6 day break following sounds like a perfect opportunity to play a few minutes and start the knock some rust off.

Once we're up double digits in the game, I think that will be a good time to play him

Pacer Fan
02-13-2013, 09:32 AM
In my local paper this morning I read that Danny had full practice in blue shirts Tuesday. Which is the starters. Frank said he looked rusty and we'll see how he feels Wednesday and basically saying its how Danny's body responds rather he'll play. George said he looked great and was like he hasn't lost a beat. Frank did go on to say that Granger fans have to realize he isn't his old self and he has to work himself back into game shape. He will probably play off the bench to monitor his minutes for awhile.

Sorry I can't post anything, I read it old style.

Ace E.Anderson
02-13-2013, 09:39 AM

Not that I assumed otherwise, but the dude looks to be in great shape (as always)

Nuntius
02-13-2013, 10:21 AM
So, what did Conrad say?

Anthem
02-13-2013, 10:39 AM
So, what did Conrad say?
Found it:

http://www.1070thefan.com/jmv/podcast.aspx

Frank has dialed it back a little bit in the last week or so... "We're not gonna put a guy out there until he is confident he can play and play well." Prior to today, every post-practice comment was Boy, he really looks good, he's coming along." But today, it was "he looks rusty, that’s what you would expect." Frank said "I want to warn people about expectations, you're not going to see a 40-minute-a-game All-Star at first. So it seems like things are dialing back a little bit, not because there’s any physical reason cropping up, but just because this is inevitable. The guy hasn’t played in months… he’s gonna be shaky for a little while.”

“Is this the right move, starting him right away?”

“He won’t start right away. He’s gonna come off the bench for a handful of game. What Frank said is that when Danny was good to go, he’d go right back into the lineup. But when he first comes back, he’ll be a 12-minute, 14-minute, 18-minute guy. He will come off the bench at first for a handful of games, but once he’s back to full speed he’ll be back in the starting lineup and Lance will be with the second unit.”

So... exactly what's been said consistently for the past month or so. I've always taken the "He looks great" stuff as "he's moving well, his shot looks good, etc." But now that he's running in full scrimmages, he looks rusty. Sure, that's expected. He'll miss a cut or be in the wrong defensive position because he hasn't played yet this year, while everybody else has been playing together for months. The timeline has always about getting him back on the court and knocking off rust so that by the end of the season the whole team is clicking on all cylinders as we go into the playoffs.

I don't see why we'd hope what Conrad said wasn't true. It's always been the expectation.

ECKrueger
02-13-2013, 11:46 AM
@PacersDMB: Danny Granger has been ruled out to play tonight vs. Bobcats. Not at shootaround as he is sick. David West game time with scratched left eye

Coopdog23
02-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Oh well. I watched the video of him practicing and he looked pretty solid