PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Nets Postgame Thread 2/11/13

Trophy
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Just a bad offensive game and a big loss to a team close behind in the East.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2gv0aj9.png
(Courtesy of NBA.com)

Nuntius
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
This loss really sucked. It was a must win for us :(

Going to bed.

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Man another bad loss.

ZepZach
02-11-2013, 09:41 PM
up four with less than two minutes..... Again. And lose again. Where is the focus at the end?

skyfire
Paul George has got to stop trying to steal defensive rebounds. Fouling out like that when we were up 4 and forcing Hill to defend Joe Johnson the rest of the way was really dumb.

Goyle
Man, blowing these leads late sucks.

The Future
These are awful games to lose

Brooklyn now 1 game back from us.

Bulls losing atm vs San Antonio.

Look how close the standings are, its crazy close.

Phree Refill
02-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Damn these last two hurt. They hurt bad. If Danny weren't supposed to come back wednesday i would have a hard time finding the motivation to watch. All star break can't get here soon enough.

Shade
02-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Whenever I see Violet Palmer I just assume a loss is coming.

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
If we can beat Charlotte, that would put us 11 games over 500. It isn't what we were looking for, but I guess its still pretty good.

Ace E.Anderson
02-11-2013, 09:47 PM
We've had nearly as many bad losses as we've had big wins this year. Idk if it's fatigue or if it's a mental block, but these dumb losses where we lose to inferior teams (or teams without their best player in this case) has got to stop.

Whether he starts or not Danny will help quite a bit, but he won't solve the 20 missed bunny lay ups we seem to miss so often, the lack of PF rebounding, or the bad defense by the back up PG.

Maybe I'm overreacting to two dumb/ tough losses at home, but I truly feel like the team got a big head following the back to back to back. I hope these losses brings our a$$es back down to earth and gets us back to playing the way that got us those wins in the first place.

speakout4
02-11-2013, 09:47 PM

Yeah, she saves her worst officiating for us.

piggyKing
02-11-2013, 09:48 PM
No idea what happened. David played 25 min. Did anything happen? Sucks being here in the far east of the globe.

BlueNGold
We would have won this game with Granger. I'm not one to claim he's the savior or anything, but he would have made the difference tonight pretty easily. Paul had a terrible game, West played bad and we still almost won.

TMJ31
If we can beat Charlotte, that would put us 11 games over 500. It isn't what we were looking for, but I guess its still pretty good.

This is the view we need to take. More than anything just to keep us (I speak for myself, at least) somewhat sane during the AS Break.

We're still MILES ahead of where we thought we would be after the first couple weeks. The last 2 really, really hurt. BUT, we can go into the break 11 games over .500 and know that one of our top guns is going to be back.

I'm disappointed tonight, but good things are still in store for us.

Unclebuck
Now that was a choke

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Now that was a choke

Tonight was less of a choke then Toronto on Friday.

Mr_Smith
02-11-2013, 09:51 PM
No idea what happened. David played 25 min. Did anything happen? Sucks being here in the far east of the globe.

Got his eye poked and sat out for most of the first half.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Now that was a choke

Last game and today are chokes.

diamonddave00
02-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Frank had Green,O. Johnson, Young or Stephenson but chose to go with Hill on Johnson and Augustine to play the point. Wasn't like DJ was playing great.

SIR-LANCE-ALOT
we are a middle of the row team, yeah when granger comes back it will give us a boost, but we lack that player that breaks down opponents D's and gets easy shots for others

boombaby1987
Hopefully games like this don't come back to bite us in the ***.

Unclebuck
Last game and today are chokes.

Every game the pacers lose is a choke

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 09:53 PM
we are a middle of the row team, yeah when granger comes back it will give us a boost, but we lack that player that breaks down opponents D's and gets easy shots for others

I'd say the guy in your profile picture is capable of that.

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 09:55 PM
You cant have ****ing 11,672 people show up to see the Nets play. Granted, Philly would announce that crowd at 17,000 plus.

Pacer Fan
02-11-2013, 09:56 PM
We would have won this game with Granger.

Pacers could have won if only they hit a few more shots. Terrible shooting night.

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 09:56 PM
We pretty much need Chicago to lose really badly.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Every game the pacers lose is a choke

No really, I understand that you don't want to admit it for obvious reasons(West) but the Pacers choked at the Toronto game and this one.

McKeyFan
02-11-2013, 09:59 PM
we lack that player that breaks down opponents D's and gets easy shots for others
I feel alot like Lance is that player, sir.

His number just doesn't get called that much.

D-BONE
02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
This makes the Toronto game even more intolerable. That's a team you should beat and you had the game in hand with 10 seconds to go. Now, you fail to close out yet again, but you couldn't hit the broad side of the barn shooting it. Evans and Lopez make our whole frontline look like sissies. And, worst of all, both losses at home.

greyhound80
02-11-2013, 10:04 PM
You cant have ****ing 11,672 people show up to see the Nets play. Granted, Philly would announce that crowd at 17,000 plus.

I don't think I would drive 10 miles and spend $60, 70, 80 to see the Nets on a Monday night. If you're blaming the crowd you are WAY off base.

Ace E.Anderson
02-11-2013, 10:05 PM
I feel alot like Lance is that player, sir.

His number just doesn't get called that much.

Lance had some pretty questionable moments and shot attempts tonight. He has the ability to break guys down, but he doesn't always make the smart play

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I don't think I would drive 10 miles and spend $60, 70, 80 to see the Nets on a Monday night. If you're blaming the crowd you are WAY off base.

I'm not blaming them from the loss, but that number is absolutely unacceptable.

greyhound80
02-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Lance had some pretty questionable moments and shot attempts tonight. He has the ability to break guys down, but he doesn't always make the smart play

Yeah, he had some crazy, out of control moments. Did not look like he was making many smart decisions tonight.

90'sNBARocked
02-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Dissapointing, yes but lets not over react. no one would have thought we would be 11 games over 500 at the all star break , after watching the first two weeks

I havent looked it up but man we must set the record for consecutive games in a row. What continues to scare me is our lack of consistency from the bench, although I noticed Pendregrass looked like he had a good game

I hope we make a trade or sign someone for the bench, not for the sake of trade but we really need to have some consistency on our bench

We ripped our bench at times last year , but they were light years ahead of this group

Im proud of our guys and more specifically our coach, we will get better and become a force by the end of the regular season

McKeyFan
02-11-2013, 10:08 PM

true. i think he needs more reps. the George Hill three attempt is one dimensional and getting tiresome.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
David West left the locker room in a hurry, without speaking to the media.

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Thank goodness the Bulls are going to lose. We should be 2.5 up right now.

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 10:13 PM
2 and half games back of NY. Half game up on the Bulls, a game up on the Brooklyn. Just gotta keep grinding.

Mr_Smith
02-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks Spurs! Now only if the pacers could have won tonight.....

Dr. Hibbert
02-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Can we design more shots for Lance Stephenson in the clutch, please? You need someone who's fearless and can put every other shot behind them, focus on the one they have to hit. That's Lance.

xIndyFan
02-11-2013, 10:22 PM

Yeah, she saves her worst officiating for us.

Normally I would agree with you, but tonight she was clearly the best official on the court. Sean Wright was a possession behind the whole night.

Ace E.Anderson
02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
true. i think he needs more reps. the George Hill three attempt is one dimensional and getting tiresome.

One thing I don't understand with Vogel is why it's always either one or the other that gets the ball within the offense. It's like Hill initiates, Lance go to the corner and watch or Lance creates while Hill goes to watch. These two should be able to play off one another much much more consistently.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
@ScottAgness: "I shot horribly from the field and didn't man-up and play good defense. This is a tough one to deal with." - Roy Hibbert

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 10:44 PM
@ScottAgness: Vogel said David West, who missed the Pacers' final 3 shots in regulation, basically played the second half with one eye.

@ScottAgness: To those asking -- Vogel said he considered keeping West out, but "if a guy like that wants to play, you let him play."

timid
02-11-2013, 10:45 PM
I went to the game tonight...I thought they were very lethargic for most of the game...Just didn't seem that interested, like they're waiting for all-star break....

graphic-er
02-11-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't think I would drive 10 miles and spend $60, 70, 80 to see the Nets on a Monday night. If you're blaming the crowd you are WAY off base. So would drive 10 miles and spend $60 to see the Pacers? I know they aren't the Heat or the Bulls or the Lakers. But they're a pretty good team to watch.

@ScottAgness: "I shot horribly from the field and didn't man-up and play good defense. This is a tough one to deal with." - Roy Hibbert

THats right Roy. You forgot to guard your man, you got abused tonight. Brooke Lopez's contract is a bargain. Freaking tired of watching Hibbert miss easy shots all game long. I swear he misses 2 for every 1 he makes.

Violet Palmer is the worst ref in the game, or atleast she brings down the quality so bad that it effects the other refs around her. They made a traveling call about 3 seconds after it happened. They also called fouls before they even occured.

Screw you Vogel, you are too damn rigid in your line ups. How dare you send out line up featuring DJ, Hll, and Lance against a team with the length of Brooklyn. All game long they just shot right over us. No chance to contest. Atleast send Green out there to play the 3!

Green had a really nice series out there in the 2nd qtr, didn't score, but he was making smart plays. I'd like to see Vogel give him some PT and just tell him to focus on Defense only. See what he can do with that athleticism.

Sandman21
02-11-2013, 11:04 PM

First Bennett Salvatore then Violet Palmer...... who do we need to beat the snot out of in New York? Cause I'll do it!

ECKrueger
02-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Didn't see the game, but gotta give Jeff props. Love players who are always ready and good teammates even if they don't play much.

BornReady
02-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Woof. Come back Granger PLEASE! D:

xIndyFan
02-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Didn't see the game, but gotta give Jeff props. Love players who are always ready and good teammates even if they don't play much.

If Jeff isn't careful, he is going to get one of those astronomical nicknames.

Nice shooting stroke tonight. Good energy. Nice to see Frank let him have Tyler's minutes as a reward for good play.

beast23
02-11-2013, 11:39 PM
If Jeff isn't careful, he is going to get one of those astronomical nicknames.

Nice shooting stroke tonight. Good energy. Nice to see Frank let him have Tyler's minutes as a reward for good play.
None of our bigs, with the exception of Pendergraph's, played worth a darn. However Pendergraph's hit 10 foot jumpers, rebounded for putbacks and even played decent physical defense. In other words, he did everything any team could possibly expect from a backup PF.

It really makes you want to see a bit more of Pendergraph's, doesn't it? It would be great if he somehow proved to be an adequate, but cheaper, future option at backup PF.

CableKC
02-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Someone has to explain to me why the closing lineup with PG out with foul trouble that Vogel has to go with a DJ/Hill/Lance rotation, instead of going with a bigger lineup of Hill/Lance and anyone else ( Green or even OJ )?

Goyle
02-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Someone has to explain to me why the closing lineup with PG out with foul trouble that Vogel has to go with a DJ/Hill/Lance rotation, instead of going with a bigger lineup of Hill/Lance and anyone else ( Green or even OJ )?

No clue. At least before when he went to that lineup DJ was playing well, he was awful today.

Pace Maker
02-12-2013, 12:53 AM
This is where Paul George needs to take his game even further. If the 3 point shot isn't falling, he was held in check. He couldn't get to the rim with Gerald Wallace's tenacious defense, credit to him.

Cherokee
02-12-2013, 01:03 AM
JP was playing well enough to make it unnecessary to play a one-eye player in his place. Further, if the guy was playing with one eye, WTF did they call his number so much at the end. This one's on Vogel IMO.

CableKC
02-12-2013, 01:03 AM
No clue. At least before when he went to that lineup DJ was playing well, he was awful today.
Having DJ in that lineup forces Hill to defend Johnson ( who is clearly a stronger and above average scorer that is a crafty scorer ) while pushing Lance to defend Wallace. Vogel's defense is predicated on having lanky and long defenders on the perimeter......while going with DJ ( who does jack on defense ) and isn't a scorer by any means...makes it that much harder for this team to score and defend....especially in super-crunch-time during OT.

PacersPride
02-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Scott Agness ‏@ScottAgness
David West left the locker room in a hurry, without speaking to the media.

Probably because he about got his eye poked out and and wasnt too happy about the loss.

CableKC
02-12-2013, 01:08 AM
JP was playing well enough to make it unnecessary to play a one-eye player in his place. Further, if the guy was playing with one eye, WTF did they call his number so much at the end. This one's on Vogel IMO.
With that lineup.....GH was the only other scorer that I would trust to score at the end of the game. I hate that West couldn't score worth a lick....but outside of GH...who else would you want to score?

Wallace and Johnson was hounding both GH and Lance....:shrug:

CableKC
02-12-2013, 01:11 AM
None of our bigs, with the exception of Pendergraph's, played worth a darn. However Pendergraph's hit 10 foot jumpers, rebounded for putbacks and even played decent physical defense. In other words, he did everything any team could possibly expect from a backup PF.

It really makes you want to see a bit more of Pendergraph's, doesn't it? It would be great if he somehow proved to be an adequate, but cheaper, future option at backup PF.
Unless there is a revelation that Pendy decided to take the PG/McBob route of taking 500+ jumpshots a day....I attribute this scoring outburst to being an anomaly than Pendy's "switch" all of a sudden turning on.

ECKrueger
02-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Unless there is a revelation that Pendy decided to take the PG/McBob route of taking 500+ jumpshots a day....I attribute this scoring outburst to being an anomaly than Pendy's "switch" all of a sudden turning on.

Lou's 22 points against the Magic :laugh:

mattie
02-12-2013, 01:56 AM
DJ and Hill both got abused defensively. I'm guessing that wouldn't have happened if Vogel had chose the right lineup.

Anywho, terrible game. **** happen.s

AesopRockOn
02-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Crash and Evans held it down tonight; 33 boards between them. The Nets shot poorly, but they kept going at it.

When our offense wants to, it allows bad-average defensive teams look elite.

We wasted the best years (minutes) of Pendergraph's life.

McKeyFan
02-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Vogel did say once or twice that Pendy has been looking good and was looking for opportunities to give him minutes.

We don't need him to be an elite offensive player, just semi-capable, because he has the physical tools, unlike Tyler, to play some decent defense and rebound.

Downtown Bang!
02-12-2013, 06:02 AM

I don't know. Seems like (this season anyway) every time he gets extended run with the top seven he contributes offensively and manages to do it within the context of the offense unlike Tyler who needs some sort of Iso type play or a put back. Was I the only one who liked seeing a big other than West properly play the P & R? Did a respectable job on the boards as well.

Not saying it is time to make a switch but I'd sure like to see him get more run. Just seems like the the offensive spacing and effeciency is pretty good the few times he has been in a game when it mattered. Will withold an opinion on the defensive end since he was matched up with Evans a lot last night and maybe that is ultimately the issue limiting his playing time.

Unclebuck
02-12-2013, 08:06 AM
No really, I understand that you don't want to admit it for obvious reasons(West) but the Pacers choked at the Toronto game and this one.

So an eye injury causes a player to choke?

Reggie choked in 1996 then

greyhound80
02-12-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm not blaming them from the loss, but that number is absolutely unacceptable.

I know the attendance concerns and I've thought a lot about it. I believe a lot of folks are like me in the regard that I like to go to about a dozen or so regular season games. Budget and schedule allows for about that many. That being the case, I try to choose games and days of the week that are more appealing. Last night was a game where they should have let everyone in the Club level for $20 and balcony for $5. It just wasn't an attractive game.

greyhound80
02-12-2013, 08:34 AM
BTW, I don't feel any better this morning about this game.
Totally sucked!
A contender DOES NOT PLAY LIKE THIS AT HOME! D West gets a pass after getting his eye scratched. Paul and Roy do not! Roy was 5 for 18 and they all are within 5' of the basket! That, my friends, is plain awful.

graphic-er
02-12-2013, 08:54 AM
I know the attendance concerns and I've thought a lot about it. I believe a lot of folks are like me in the regard that I like to go to about a dozen or so regular season games. Budget and schedule allows for about that many. That being the case, I try to choose games and days of the week that are more appealing. Last night was a game where they should have let everyone in the Club level for $20 and balcony for $5. It just wasn't an attractive game.

I'm going to ask you again. Would you drive 10 miles and spend $60 to watch the Pacers? I know they aren't the Heat, or Lakers....but they're pretty good.

Unclebuck
02-12-2013, 08:57 AM
A contender DOES NOT PLAY LIKE THIS AT HOME!

Would you consider the Thunder a contender? They lost to the Nets at home earlier this season 110-93. Would you say the same thing about the Thunder in that loss?

Every team has bad games. Pacers 20-5 home record which is the fifth best home record.

BillS
02-12-2013, 09:14 AM
I feel worse this morning than I did last night.

Of course, that may be because I stopped to "drown my sorrows" at White Castle on the way home...

xIndyFan
02-12-2013, 09:41 AM
I feel worse this morning than I did last night.

Of course, that may be because I stopped to "drown my sorrows" at White Castle on the way home...

Disappointed last night. Philosophical this morning. Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it doesn't.

My only real complaint about last night was with Paul. Thought he really just played, he didn't step up when needed. He looked like last year's version instead of this year. Last year, Paul just floated along, guarding his man, playing the game and waiting for something to happen. This year he's taking a much more proactive role and taking more shots as a result. Last night, when David went out, Paul seemed to be the logical player to step up and settle things down. That didn't happen.

If Paul is going to be the team's best player, he needs to take the responsibilities of being the best player. He needs to have something more than a long jump shot as a go to move. He needs to bring something offensively that the team can count on to score when they are in a funk like last night. Danny has that little mid-range post up that he goes to when things muck up. Reggie had that baseline play that ran him through a series of screens. There has to be something the Pacers can go to.

Not blaming last night on Paul. Nor anyone else. Sometimes things work. Sometimes they don't. This was one of the don't's. But if this team is going to be a contender, it has to be able to survive losing Danny or David or Hill or anyone not named Paul. Stars are stars because they rise to the occasion. Thought Paul missed a chance to be a star last night.

BillS
02-12-2013, 09:57 AM
But if this team is going to be a contender, it has to be able to survive losing Danny or David or Hill or anyone not named Paul. Stars are stars because they rise to the occasion.

If you think about it, we lost Danny AND David (he was not going to be effective with one eye) AND Paul (when he fouled out).

xIndyFan
02-12-2013, 10:06 AM
If you think about it, we lost Danny AND David (he was not going to be effective with one eye) AND Paul (when he fouled out).

Speaking of Paul fouling out. That had to be the single dumbest play of the night. Gotta have more sense than to try to seal a rebound with 5 fouls.

He's young, :shrug:, stuff happens.

Justin Tyme
02-12-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm not happy with what I've seen from this team the last 2 games. As a matter of fact, I got so disgusted and disgruntled after the 1st half I kept going back n forth to watch the Westminister dog show. At least Westminister was entertaining.

I love to look at the different breeds of dogs. They are just fascinating. I've gone almost every year for 30 years to Louisville's big show in March to look at the dogs. It's how ended up with a TT, Tibetan Terrier, years ago. They are such sweet dogs.

Just FYI, the rest of the Westminister show is on tonight. I'll be glued to the tv watching it too! So far out of last nights 4 group winners my fav is the Old English Sheepdog. Main reason is this year for the 1st time Westminister allowed non-champion dogs to compete, and the OES is a young non-champion dog. I think it would be a hoot if a non-champ won Westimister over 1,000's of champion dogs.

Back on track with the Pacers, it's absolutely imperative the Pacers not lose to Charlotte tomorrow night. 3 home losses in a row wouldn't be good. I'll also give congrats to JP for his nice game last night. I'm not going to 2nd guess Vogel, seldom do, but I'd probably have had JP play the SF at the end of the game instead of having DJ playing. JP was playing well, and you needed his size for reb against the reb'ing machine Reggie Evans. JMOAA

beast23
02-12-2013, 11:48 AM
That's the thing. We haven't seen enough of Pendergraph to know anything about his switch. I would imagine that his performance was more than expected, but I don't know to what degree. Similarly, I think that Lance's performance this year is significantly better than most would have expected.

I guess I'm saying that I don't know what the "range of expectation" is for Pendergraph. Was this game simply an anomaly, off the charts? Or with a little nurturing, was this performance within what could become his normal range of capabilities? All I'm saying is that if it is the latter, perhaps we could eventually be rewarded with a pleasant surprise.

Justin Tyme
02-12-2013, 12:32 PM
That's the thing. We haven't seen enough of Pendergraph to know anything about his switch. I would imagine that his performance was more than expected, but I don't know to what degree. Similarly, I think that Lance's performance this year is significantly better than most would have expected.

I guess I'm saying that I don't know what the "range of expectation" is for Pendergraph. Was this game simply an anomaly, off the charts? Or with a little nurturing, was this performance within what could become his normal range of capabilities? All I'm saying is that if it is the latter, perhaps we could eventually be rewarded with a pleasant surprise.

To me, this game was more in line what JP did in Portland his rookie year than what we/ve seen of him the last 1 1/2 years.

I wasn't against the signing of JP, I wasn't for signing an injured unknown player at the time. It would be great if this game was a coming out party game for JP, and until I see some more of this type play from him I'll just feel it's "one of those type games". Lets see how Vogel feels about it in regards to how much he plays JP in the future.

Anyone remember when the Pacers signed JP there was a statement that they had a reb drill/contest, and JP wouldn't let anyone get a reb? 10 rebs last night isn't anything to sneeze at with the way Evans was gobbling up rebs. My best wishes for JP to turning the corner with his game.

brownjake43
02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, I agree this loss really sucks. And this puts us in a huge hole trying to get the one or two seed in the East, as now we have dropped closer to the four and five; but losing two in a row puts a little less pressure on Danny when he comes back. People are realizing George is the go-to guy now, and I think Danny's comeback gives us yet another option. When he comes back teams will then have to choose who they want there best defender on, and it will be a nightmare for other teams. Plus Lance coming off the bench gives us a scorer, great defender as our 6th man. Danny is the type of player that can bring this team past the Knicks, and get us the 2-seed going into the playoffs.

Naptown_Seth
02-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Specifically on West's eye - scratched cornea, was doubtful to return in the game but he wanted to tough it out and help. He worked his butt off keeping Evans off the offensive boards but obviously his eye was giving him fits trying to shoot. I guess when he first came out they had him take some shots on the practice court and they were of the "no, the basket is over here" variety, so the fact that he made as good a run at it as he did is saying something.

I hated how they kept running (or PG decided to) ISO breakdowns going right at the elite defense of GWallace. That's not how you beat that dude. I felt the same way about it as I feel when I see another team trying to go right at PG one on one, it's not a good choice. I think PGs FG% speaks for itself in that regard.

TraderJoe and I yelled to Danny before the 2nd half (from right behind the bench, ie he heard us) about coming back WED. He wasn't facing us but he kinda turned and had a smile on his face. TJ and I both felt like it was a clear indication that he'll get 10 minutes on WED off the bench. I talked to others who would know more than me and they hinted at that as well. Basically it sounds like Vogel gave Wells the truth on DGs timing. Employee 33 soon to be back on the clock, not a minute too soon. It was worth waiting for things to properly heal but it's been like waiting for Xmas.

greyhound80
02-12-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm going to ask you again. Would you drive 10 miles and spend $60 to watch the Pacers? I know they aren't the Heat, or Lakers....but they're pretty good.

I would, but not on a Monday vs. Brooklyn.

greyhound80
02-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Would you consider the Thunder a contender? They lost to the Nets at home earlier this season 110-93. Would you say the same thing about the Thunder in that loss?

Every team has bad games. Pacers 20-5 home record which is the fifth best home record.

I'll bet D Williams played in that game. I'll bet Durant didn't go 1-9 and stop looking to score altogether. Yes, every team has a bad game once in awhile. Last Friday was that type. Not last night. They didn't have their best player and had just been thrashed the night before. Final analysis, Roy is not good. West was injured. PGeorge did not come ready to compete. That equals a loss.

graphic-er
02-12-2013, 03:38 PM
I would, but not on a Monday vs. Brooklyn.

My point being, thats the common theme you hear from folks with your view. Its not about enjoying the home team. Its about who they are playing. Thats pretty sad state of affairs. I wonder if the Lakers or Knicks struggle to sell tickets for the when the Bucks come to town?