PDA

View Full Version : No Deron Williams tonight

rock747
02-11-2013, 03:15 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Nets announce Deron Williams will miss last two pre All Star games w/ankle tendinitis. Williams underwent platelet therapy Monday.

Randolph_HorseLips
02-11-2013, 03:20 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Nets announce Deron Williams will miss last two pre All Star games w/ankle tendinitis. Williams underwent platelet therapy Monday.

Wow. No Williams, plus the Nets are playing the second of a back-to-back.

Plus it's hard to imagine the Pacers losing 2 straight at home following 15 in a row.

All the stars are aligned for a Pacer W tonight.

Trader Joe
02-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Better win

BillS
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
If we win it will be written off as the Pacers being "lucky" again.

Unclebuck
02-11-2013, 03:29 PM

If we luck our way to about 55 wins that is fine by me

ThA HoyA
02-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Good thing there isn't a column on that in the standings :-)

Pace Maker
02-11-2013, 03:32 PM

And if we lose? :devil:

Ace E.Anderson
02-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Wow. No Williams, plus the Nets are playing the second of a back-to-back.

Plus it's hard to imagine the Pacers losing 2 straight at home following 15 in a row.

All the stars are aligned for a Pacer W tonight.

Don't Jinx it.

I HOPE the players aren't thinking this way at all. Tonight is the chance for a statement W with the way the Nets handled us in NJ (with many posters feeling the refs helped the Nets to the W)

ThA HoyA
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
And if we lose? :devil:

We will be the worse team in the world and should blow the team up because we wouldn't have a chance to beat any team in a 7-game series

SycamoreKen
02-11-2013, 03:40 PM
They can't play any worse than they did in the 2nd half last night with him.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 03:56 PM
No Dwill that means Joe Jhonson Iso's all night long and probably more shots for Lopez, don't sleep on CJ Watson either he is pretty good.

diamonddave00
02-11-2013, 04:02 PM
A simple little question why are the Pacers considered lucky when another teams top player misses a game against them??/

Seems for 52 games after tonight every team playing the Pacers has been "lucky" because the Pacers conceived best player before this season Danny Granger, has yet to play a single second.

To me them missing a top player just makes the teams more evenly matched. Now when Granger returns and is at full strength and other teams are missing a top player- lucky might fit. But until now I'd not consider missing a key player for 52 games an advantage the Pacers have had over a team missing a top player.

Just my thoughts on the entire "Lucky" discussion.

BillS
02-11-2013, 04:06 PM
A simple little question why are the Pacers considered lucky when another teams top player misses a game against them??/

Seems for 52 games after tonight every team playing the Pacers has been "lucky" because the Pacers conceived best player before this season Danny Granger, has yet to play a single second.

To me them missing a top player just makes the teams more evenly matched. Now when Granger returns and is at full strength and other teams are missing a top player- lucky might fit. But until now I'd not consider missing a key player for 52 games an advantage the Pacers have had over a team missing a top player.

Just my thoughts on the entire "Lucky" discussion.

Ahh, but you see, the success so far this season has "proved" that Danny really is a bench guy who might should get some good minutes, so we haven't been playing without one of our best players after all and therefore teams really have been beating us at full strength.

You just gotta look at this with an ESPN POV.

gummy
02-11-2013, 04:40 PM
I almost wish he hadn't been announced until game time. I don't want there to be a mental letdown.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Not saying that the Pacers are lucky but here a list of players the Pacers haven't had to play against this season:

Melo,Noah, Love, Wall, Nene, Amare, Felton, Dirk, EJ, Nash, Hinrich, Magee, J Smith, Pachulia, Ariza, Wallace(Brooklyn), D Harris, Young and D Will.

I think they have been "lucky" to be one of the healthiest teams in the NBA (minus Danny of course), let's hope they continue to stay healthy.

Trader Joe
02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Trying to decide if AJ Price being on that list is your attempt at humor.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 05:32 PM

edit: Nevermind I checked if Price was out against the Pacers and he played in both games, I thought he was out in one of the games my bad.

He had 12 points and 14 assist in his first game and 8 points in his second game.

BRushWithDeath
02-11-2013, 05:34 PM

Would seem like a good time to bring back some of his statements regarding AJ Price when he was still a Pacer but that'd just be too easy.

billbradley
02-11-2013, 05:35 PM
A lot of teams haven't faced most of those players.

Lucky? No, just the NBA. I would like to see a list of teams that haven't had to face Granger...

Ace E.Anderson
02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Not saying that the Pacers are lucky but here a list of players the Pacers haven't had to play against this season:

Melo,Noah, Love, Wall, Nene, Amare, Felton, Dirk, EJ, Nash, Hinrich, Magee, J Smith, Pachulia, Ariza, AJ Price, Wallace(Brooklyn), D Harris, Young and D Will.

I think they have been "lucky" to be one of the healthiest teams in the NBA (minus Danny of course), let's hope they continue to stay healthy.

When you're reigning leading scorer of 5 years hasn't played a single game all year, I don't think you can feel that you're one of the healthiest teams in the NBA. We've been fortunate that Lance has been able to step in and contribute, but the loss of Danny ALL YEAR doesn't take the place of these other teams missing these guys when they've played the pacers (though a similar case can be made for Love, Rose and Dirk)

I guess I look at it from the other end of the spectrum that EVERY team that's played the Pacers this year did so with the Pacers missing Danny.

But I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Derek2k3
02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Don't Jinx it.

I HOPE the players aren't thinking this way at all. Tonight is the chance for a statement W with the way the Nets handled us in NJ (with many posters feeling the refs helped the Nets to the W)

I'm all for blaming refs when it is logical (The Portland game, Denver games (Both), Utah), and in this case I sure think it's worth considering. nearly 3-1 FTA advantage, no Pacers starter attempting a FT besides West.

Regardless, I think this game is even more important than responding to the Nets beating us: this is an opportunity for Indiana to beat a current playoff team for the 8th or 9th time in the last 19 games.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Would seem like a good time to bring back some of his statements regarding AJ Price when he was still a Pacer but that'd just be too easy.

You don't have to, I already said that I was wrong when I expected him out of the NBA, he has become a decent player now.

You need to pay more attention.

BillS
02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
You need to pay more attention.

Where's the fun in <i>that</i>? :laugh:

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
When you're reigning leading scorer of 5 years hasn't played a single game all year, I don't think you can feel that you're one of the healthiest teams in the NBA. We've been fortunate that Lance has been able to step in and contribute, but the loss of Danny ALL YEAR doesn't take the place of these other teams missing these guys when they've played the pacers (though a similar case can be made for Love, Rose and Dirk)

I guess I look at it from the other end of the spectrum that EVERY team that's played the Pacers this year did so with the Pacers missing Danny.

But I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Not every team has a capable replacement for those players though, on the Pacers case the replacement is a super star on the making in Paul George, you keep comparing our situation to Chicago but is not even close, I mean just look who is replacing Rose, Nate Robinson, think about it.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Where's the fun in <i>that</i>? :laugh:

I'm just saying it because I'm getting tired of people bringing old s*** back, I already said that I was wrong about AJ Price(no staying in the NBA and been a decent player) and I don't want to keep repeating the same bs for the rest of my life because somebody didn't pay attention.

LG33
02-11-2013, 05:50 PM
A lot of teams haven't faced most of those players.

Lucky? No, just the NBA. I would like to see a list of teams that haven't had to face Granger...

Atlanta Hawks
Boston Celtics
Brooklyn Nets
Charlotte Bobcats
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers
Dallas Mavericks
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Golden State Warriors
Houston Rockets
Los Angeles Lakers
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat
Milwaukee Bucks
Minnesota Timberwolves
New Orleans Hornets
New York Knicks
Oklahoma City Thunder
Orlando Magic
Philadelphia 76ers
Phoenix Suns
Portland Trailblazers
Sacramento Kings
San Antonio Spurs
Toronto Raptors
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Atlanta Hawks
Boston Celtics
Brooklyn Nets
Charlotte Bobcats
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers
Dallas Mavericks
Denver Nuggets
Detroit Pistons
Golden State Warriors
Houston Rockets
Los Angeles Lakers
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat
Milwaukee Bucks
Minnesota Timberwolves
New Orleans Hornets
New York Knicks
Oklahoma City Thunder
Orlando Magic
Philadelphia 76ers
Phoenix Suns
Portland Trailblazers
Sacramento Kings
San Antonio Spurs
Toronto Raptors
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards

Note that I didn't put Rose on my list or Bynum because as Danny they have not play all year, good try though.

Ace E.Anderson
02-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Not every team has a capable replacement for those players though, on the Pacers case the replacement is a super star on the making in Paul George, you keep comparing our situation to Chicago but is not even close, I mean just look who is replacing Rose, Nate Robinson, think about it.

The thing is, I don't feel that Paul is the one replacing Granger. Seeing how he's been a starter since Vogel took over, and the fact that most players make their biggest leap in their 3rd year, Paul was going to be a major part of the team regardless. Danny being out only made him become an even more important factor than what he was already looking to be (and that transition didn't even fully take place until December--18 games in)

Honestly, I feel that Paul still would have broken out whether Danny were in the lineup or not.

To me, Lance has been the one that's "replaced" Danny within the lineup, not Paul. Before this year, we didn't know what to expect with Lance, kind of like the Bulls didn't know what to expect with Nate. Both players have toned their games down and have been pleasant surprises for their respective teams.

So while D.Rose is twice the player that Danny is, the situations aren't as incomparable as you claim.

colts19
02-11-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm just saying it because I'm getting tired of people bringing old s*** back, I already said that I was wrong about AJ Price(no staying in the NBA and been a decent player) and I don't want to keep repeating the same bs for the rest of my life because somebody didn't pay attention.
But the point is that if aj were still a pacer you would still be saying he should be out of the league.

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 06:06 PM
The thing is, I don't feel that Paul is the one replacing Granger. Seeing how he's been a starter since Vogel took over, and the fact that most players make their biggest leap in their 3rd year, Paul was going to be a major part of the team regardless. Danny being out only made him be an even more important factor than what he was (and that transition didn't even fully take place until December--18 games in)

Lance has been the one that's "replaced" Danny within the lineup, not Paul. So while D.Rose is twice the player that Danny is, the situations aren't as incomparable as you claim.

What position is Paul George playing right now? what position has made Paul George an all star and close to a super star? You like it or not Paul George is the one replacing Danny and he is doing an amazing job at it, now if you tell me that in Danny's place you have Gerald Green replacing him instead of Paul then you might have a point.

On the Bulls case they have the equivalent of Gerald Green replacing Rose and you think that comparing both cases is the same but is not.

Ace E.Anderson
02-11-2013, 06:16 PM
What position is Paul George playing right now? what position has made Paul George an all star and close to a super star? You like it or not Paul George is the one replacing Danny and he is doing an amazing job at it, now if you tell me than in Danny's place you have Gerald Green replacing him instead of Paul then you might have a point.

On the Bulls case they have the equivalent of Gerald Green replacing Rose and you think that comparing both cases is the same but is not.

Where our opinions differ is that you think Paul is in the AS game because he's playing SF, where I think he would've made the AS game whether he played the 2-guard, or the SF position.

Im sure it was hyperbole, but I don't see the equivalency of Gerald Green replacing Danny seeing how Green hasn't played much in the last 10 games or so (I think) and is only averaging 20 mins per game this year. Lance is averaging close to 30 mpg, a figure he most likely would not have seen had Danny been healthy. Paul is averaging 38 mins per game, which is only 8 more minutes than what he averaged last year. He probably would be closer to 32-33 mins per game had Danny been healthy, so he's not really replacing Danny's presence within the lineup because he would have been playing equivalent minutes per game regardless of Danny's health.

When you consider that Paul George was going to be a starter playing major minutes no matter what happened with Danny; who's playing what position has NOTHING to do with who's actually replacing the minutes that Danny would have spent on the court.

Bottom line: Lance is replacing Danny within the lineup because he's the one who's receiving more minutes as a result of Danny being injured.

Lol as far as Nate Robinson goes, like him or not...he's helping the Bulls win games. That's much much more than what we could ever say about Green at this point. Lol so that's a bad comparison for us unfortunately.

Anthem
02-11-2013, 08:03 PM

Melo,Noah, Love, Wall, Nene, Amare, Felton, Dirk, EJ, Nash, Hinrich, Magee, J Smith, Pachulia, Ariza, Wallace(Brooklyn), D Harris, Young and D Will.
But teams like Miami, New York, Boston, San Antonio, and Miami have "missed" playing against those guys as well. Why do we get an asterisk if they don't?

Shade
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
We will be the worse team in the world and should blow the team up because we wouldn't have a chance to beat any team in a 7-game series

Wait for it...

vnzla81
02-11-2013, 10:45 PM

Don't worry we don't have to talk about that today ;)

BillS
02-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Don't worry we don't have to talk about that today ;)

No, it's the "worst team in the world" and "don't deserve to be top 3 in the conference" again. *sigh*