jmoney2584
12-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Steal of the draft, hands down.....nothing else to say just speak on my brotha

MSA2CF
12-17-2004, 10:28 PM
David's a joker on the postgame...:laugh:

DisplacedKnick
12-17-2004, 10:29 PM
His career high is now the same as Bender's.

MSA2CF
12-17-2004, 10:30 PM
They are so alike...

First the biting on the pump-fakes...Now the career high in points...

:hmm:

SoupIsGood
12-17-2004, 10:58 PM
That Beno-boy is pretty good this year too. Hmm, what would you know, the Spurs and Pacers getting steals at the end of the draft. It's becoming a trend.

And David whooped some lizard backside tonight.

Lord Helmet
12-17-2004, 11:00 PM
David played great now lets hope for a encore tommorow!!!

Eindar
12-18-2004, 06:30 AM
Anyone think the small hands are a problem in catching Tinsley's passes, or think he's just not used to playing with such a good passer? In other words, think he'll improve as he ages, or is this going to be a chronic problem?

Roaming Gnome
12-18-2004, 08:19 AM
I think that the hands will get better by the end of the season... I would imagine he is still just getting use to the speed of the game.

Ragnar
12-18-2004, 09:30 AM
I have no doubt he will learn to catch those passes.

Clearly if the draft were held today Harrison does not fall to us.

owl
12-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Obviously he is not a Shaq but I certainly would consider him a baby Shaq.
They are starting run some plays for him and once he gets the ball
around the basket it is a dunk. He also has the potential for a nice short to
midrange shot. He has good mechanics and touch. I still am ecstatic he fell to the Pacers. The night of the draft almost everyone was griping about the
pick. Not me : ). I was dancing a jig. That was my pick for the Pacers at that spot. I never thought he would make it down that far.

owl

Unclebuck
12-18-2004, 10:36 AM
No one expects himto be an allstar, but he is a starting cailber center and should work well with J.O. I love our 3 big guys, J.O, DH and Foster, they all have different skills and should be able to cause problems for the NBA for the next 10 years. Don't forget J.O wanted Dampier over the summer, so he has to be thrilled with DH. DH also seems like a great guy

Ragnar
12-18-2004, 10:38 AM
I am not quite ready to rejoin the Donnie Walsh fan club just yet but I have to give him credit for his talent evaluation. Now if we could just keep the team together long enough we should win a couple of titles with this group.

Hicks
12-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Interesting enough, Rick gave all the credit to "Larry Bird and his scouting staff" for getting David. Gives us a bit of a clearer picture on who's doing what in the front office.

Eindar
12-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Obviously he is not a Shaq but I certainly would consider him a baby Shaq.
They are starting run some plays for him and once he gets the ball
around the basket it is a dunk. He also has the potential for a nice short to
midrange shot. He has good mechanics and touch. I still am ecstatic he fell to the Pacers. The night of the draft almost everyone was griping about the
pick. Not me : ). I was dancing a jig. That was my pick for the Pacers at that spot. I never thought he would make it down that far.

owl

I remember Harrison being completely off my radar. I'd seen a game of his vs. Texas Tech, and at the time was more impressed with their 2 guard than him. Also, he was a Junior, so I wasn't even sure he'd be in the draft. When we announced our selection, I was flummoxed. How the hell did a 7'0", 280 pound guy fall all the way to the end of the draft? I knew he wasn't a stiff, cause I'd watched him play a decent game on TV, so I really don't know what to say. People cited his poor work ethic and bad attitude as reasons for not drafting him, but c'mon....

When has that EVER stopped a GM from taking a guy with that size and skill set as a lottery pick?

To this day, I'm still not sure how we managed to grab him. The only thing I can say for sure is that he must have slipped due to the HS/Euro craze. Just goes to show you that there is some homegrown talent out there.

sweabs
12-18-2004, 12:07 PM
I obviously watched the Raptors broadcast of the game last night.

I was so happy to see Harrison show his stuff against them. The Raps TV-voices were like "Wow...this guy went 29th in the draft?!?!"

I think someone was a little upset with the Araujo pick...... :devil:

Hicks
12-18-2004, 12:27 PM
The reasons I've heard for him dropping is:

Overweight (no more)
Bad work ethic (no more)
Bad attitude (never shown that here)

We picked him up, he worked his *** off all summer (killing #2 listed), which got him in the best shape of his life until now (killing #1 listed), and he's been nothing but a nice, intelligent guy for this team or this city since he's been here (killing #3 listed).

Glad to have him. Really like him.

PacerMan
12-18-2004, 12:37 PM
Oh baby.
The coolest thing is how one player can change the whole outlook of a team over time.
Jermaine is gonna love playing with this kid once they get used to each other.
Seems like Foster does too.
I think he will benefit Bender as much.
The beating he'll take off those guys, and once he learns to set good picks consistantly !!!!!

Ragnar
12-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Hicks what I remeber (and I could be wrong) was not that he had a bad additude but that he took things too personaly. He was too high strung and emotional. Or in other words crazy like a Ron.

Hicks
12-18-2004, 01:19 PM
He was too high strung and emotional. Or in other words crazy like a Ron.
:unimpressed:

Kegboy
12-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Yes, the consensous was that Harrison would have gone much higher, but there were concerns about his attitude, work ethic, etc. I don't think you laud a team for taking a guy who drops for "finding him", just like I don't laud Donnie for "finding" Tinsley. The simple fact is they both fell to us. You can laud them for taking a chance when no one else would, but talent wasn't a question in either case, it was attitude.

Grant
12-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I think the problem is that teams are so enamored with finding a diamond overseas, or some prep school phenomenon, they are overlooking junior and seniors in US colleges.

IIRC though Harrison was not supposed to fall as far as he did. And one CBS guy said that he was the best center in the draft.

( http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/draft/prospectrankings/C - second guy on this page)

Ragnar
12-18-2004, 01:36 PM
:unimpressed:
:zip:

canyoufeelit
12-18-2004, 01:47 PM
The beating he'll take off those guys, and once he learns to set good picks consistantly !!!!!

Oh yeah, I love the screens that David is setting. It's like the other guy is running into a brick wall, he just completely engulfs the other player

jmoney2584
12-18-2004, 02:05 PM
When we have JO AND Harrison on the court at the same time we're going to have an intimidating paint defense. I like that Harrison doesn't take games like a normal rookie, when he dunks he puts a lot of emphasis on it and really throws it down hard which gets the crowd into it and pumps up the team ala Freddy Jones. The second half of the season, barring any more injuries, has tremendous upsides...

Anthem
12-18-2004, 06:45 PM
One thing Harrison brings that is hard to quantify is his ability to create space. When I saw him at Golden State, I was just amazed at how he could shrug guys off to give himself space for a shot or rebound.

SoupIsGood
12-19-2004, 01:58 AM
You know, If David continues to improve his game, and Artest gets things under control and stays with the team (not likely IMO, but I would love to be proven wrong), next year will be great. A frontcourt of Artest/JO/Harrison would be brutal. Three players fairly big for their position, and play with great toughness and intensity. In fact, with Jax and Tins at 2 and 1, we would probably physically wear down any team in the league.