PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose trade rumor

Kegboy
12-17-2004, 05:21 PM
It'd have to be more than that from Miami because of salary. Jalen for Jones and Wright would work, but Marshall makes another $4.5M, a salary slot that is hard to fit with the rest of Miami's roster.

Unclebuck
12-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Just seeing "Jalen Rose trade rumors" brought me back to 2001, when he was traded, a good day indeed

Los Angeles
12-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Wasn't this before the Carter thing? Is it still hot?

Los Angeles
12-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Maybe they should swap ENTIRE ROSTERS with a team next! Didn't that happen like 40 years ago?

I think the Blazers would love the lax cannibis laws in Toronto!

Skaut_Ech
12-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Actually, to me, the rumor makes even more sense now. Gives them youth and a couple of backcourt guys to go with the new rontcourt guys they just got.

If Miami gets Donyell, we're in BIG trouble come playoff time.....if we get that far.

Toronto could get young in a hurry with some first round picks to come. Problem being, it's Toronto. How patient will Canadians be about a rebuilding effort?

BostonConnection
12-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Toronto could get young in a hurry with some first round picks to come. Problem being, it's Toronto. How patient will Canadians be about a rebuilding effort?

I wonder how much they even pay attention to the Raptors, given that Canada is more of a hockey country than anything else (the NHL lockout must be hell for them). Look at how long the Montreal Expos slowly shriveled on the vine with perennial celler-dwellers in MLB before the franchise finally left.

OTOH, I bet the Toronto fans would've loved it if the Raptors could've signed Canadian Steve Nash in the off-season...

Unclebuck
12-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Jalen is not Sam Mitchel's type of player

Arcadian
12-18-2004, 02:54 AM
I wonder what coach would want Jalen. He seems like a nice guy but it doesn't seem like any of his coaches were ever sorry to see him go.

mmxx
12-18-2004, 03:09 AM
now that Toronto has Zo. Miami's interested in Jalen and Zo wants to go to a contender, plus Miami should love to have him back.

If Miami gets Jalen and Zo, how good would it make them be

JOneal7
12-18-2004, 03:12 AM
man they get EJ and Wright!? that's a steal.

ABADays
12-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Maybe they should swap ENTIRE ROSTERS with a team next! Didn't that happen like 40 years ago? Good call LA. I don't remember the year, but our own Bob Irsay traded the Rams for the Colts. I think Carroll Rosenbloom made the trade with Bob before he just walked out into the ocean and committed suicide. Basically it only amounted to a complete change of ownership but the teams were indeed traded.

Unclebuck
12-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Here is a quote from Sam Mitchell after tyhe game last night, not too difficult to figure who he is talking about.

(On their last possession) "We had the play set up with a couple of picks to get a couple of guys open and Matt (Bonner) set a great pick and Rafer (Alston) was wide open. Why we didnít swing the ball back around to him, I donít know, I just donít know."

Ragnar
12-18-2004, 11:03 AM
After some of the shots he hit last year in Miami I would be getting him the ball at the end of the game.