PDA

View Full Version : Pacers pursuing JJ Redick

vnzla81
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM
@AlexKennedyNBA: Source says the Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls are among the teams pursuing Orlando Magic guard J.J. Redick.

Goyle
02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Man I really really hope the Magic see something in our players that can get this deal done. We'd be crazy good with JJ.

DJ, OJ and anyone else works out salary wise.

pwee31
02-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Figured we would at least make a call. I hear the want expiring contracts and a 1st round pick. We have both, not sure deal gets done though

vnzla81
02-09-2013, 09:30 PM
@AlexKennedyNBA: Still no guarantee that the Magic will trade Redick before deadline. But if they choose to move him, there are plenty of potential suitors.

Psyren
02-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Duh.

We'd be stupid to not try and get him. But I dont think we have anything that interests them in the least bit, without us moving key pieces.

Sparhawk
02-09-2013, 09:50 PM
And get Andrew Nicholson along with Reddick. Mwahahhaa

AesopRockOn
02-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Quick, somebody tell the Magic that we have an Official Roy Hibbert Trade thread.

joew8302
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Redick is expiring, right?

It is probably conceivable we could obtain this guy without messing up the core too much.

beast23
02-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Redick is expiring, right?

It is probably conceivable we could obtain this guy without messing up the core too much.
Uh, no. He's a bench player. We'd darn well better get him without messing up the core AT ALL. And, without a guarantee of re-signing, we'd better not give up a 1st rounder without Green (unfortunately not expiring) being included in the deal. Even then a 1st is a lot.

Derek2k3
02-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Figured we would at least make a call. I hear the want expiring contracts and a 1st round pick. We have both, not sure deal gets done though

Maybe a combo of DJ/Tyler/1st? The money is actually perfect in that scenario, and it's gonna be tough to re-sign JJ so you don't want to give up too much. He's gonna want $8M+ I would think.

Wells said something on Grady's show Friday that I found interesting. He basically said Redick's agent is a hardass that will drive JJ's price up when it comes to re-signing him. The thought is "if you'll give up a first round pick for me, I'm worth a first if not more. Therefore, pay me $8/$9/$10M per."

A rotation of Hill/PG/Granger/West/Hibbert/Lance/JJ/Ian...my goodness. That's freaking potent.

Derek2k3
02-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Uh, no. He's a bench player. We'd darn well better get him without messing up the core AT ALL. And, without a guarantee of re-signing, we'd better not give up a 1st rounder without Green (unfortunately not expiring) being included in the deal. Even then a 1st is a lot.

A bench player that will score 15+/game on efficient shooting. He'd only be a bench player because PG/Danny are immovable in the rotation, not because he isn't starter-quality.

Justin Tyme
02-09-2013, 11:05 PM
And get Andrew Nicholson along with Reddick. Mwahahhaa

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

Ace E.Anderson
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM
I'd highly doubt that we could get him, but I've seen worse trades happen.

The Future
02-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Quick, somebody tell the Magic that we have an Official Roy Hibbert Trade thread.

Yup, if we were smart:

http://i48.tinypic.com/263ard3.jpg

BlueCollarColts
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
how about a Tyler Hansbrough, D.J. Augustin and 1st and 2nd round draft picks for next year. A change of scenery could help D.J. Augustin, though he has been decent lately, I think Tyler could average around 9 or 10 ppg on a bad team like Orlando, both of those are expiring contracts, which is what Orlando whats, and Orlando can build for the future with out 1st and 2nd rounders

Anthem
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
If we're pursuing Reddick, it's because we're trying to move Green. No way we take them both on.

rock747
02-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Very intriguing...

Pacerized
02-09-2013, 11:26 PM
If we're going to keep our core together including West, Granger and PG then we need to keep all our picks for the next 3 years. It's the only way we'll be able to field a bench on a budget. If they'd take Green and DJ I'd be all over it though.

Pacerized
02-09-2013, 11:28 PM
how about a Tyler Hansbrough, D.J. Augustin and 1st and 2nd round draft picks for next year. A change of scenery could help D.J. Augustin, though he has been decent lately, I think Tyler could average around 9 or 10 ppg on a bad team like Orlando, both of those are expiring contracts, which is what Orlando whats, and Orlando can build for the future with out 1st and 2nd rounders

That's a terrible trade for the Pacers. Reddick will be gone next year and we'd be out 2 picks that we really need to be able to put a bench together next year.

rock747
02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Play Gerald Green up.... Magic fans need something to be excited about all star weekend.... How about a guy who's going to be in the dunk contest??

BlueCollarColts
02-09-2013, 11:29 PM
If we're going to keep our core together including West, Granger and PG then we need to keep all our picks for the next 3 years. It's the only way we'll be able to field a bench on a budget. If they'd take Green and DJ I'd be all over it though.
well if we are going to get Redick we won't be able to keep our picks for next season

beast23
02-09-2013, 11:30 PM
A bench player that will score 15+/game on efficient shooting. He'd only be a bench player because PG/Danny are immovable in the rotation, not because he isn't starter-quality.
He plays for a team that is second to last in the entire conference and starts only when regular starters are out of the lineup.

So, although I like Redick, he is at best a part-time fill-in starter. So, on a contending team, he is NOT a starting-quality player. He can make a choice. Either he plays and gets substantial minutes off the bench for a contending team, or plays for a bottom-feeder with a chance of starting.

Personally, I would not give up any of our top seven players to get him. Our guys play well together and remarkably, every one of them plays decent defense. Redick is a very good scorer, but he is a terrible defensive player. That tempers his value, especially to a team that must excel at defense in order to win games.

BlueCollarColts
02-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Play Gerald Green up.... Magic fans need something to be excited about all star weekend.... How about a guy who's going to be in the dunk contest??
lol, play Gerald Green and hope he can have a couple of good games off the bench for us and hopefully Orlando does not look at his stat line :-p

Anthem
02-09-2013, 11:31 PM
We're not offering Hibbert, West, Granger, George, Hill, Ian, Tyler, or Lance.

The offer pretty much has to be Green and DJ.

Moving those two guys puts Lance at backup PG (sometimes pushing Hill to SG) and Redick backing up the wings. A lethal 5-man rotation, really.

Gamble1
02-09-2013, 11:35 PM
What's wrong with Lance?

ECKrueger
02-09-2013, 11:46 PM
While I admit it would be great to have him, what is the point if it is only for a year?

We have to give up players or picks, and he's going to be getting a decent amount of money on his new contract.

I think it would be perfect, but I do not see how it would work long term.

pacer4ever
02-09-2013, 11:52 PM
:yikes: really?
While I admit it would be great to have him, what is the point if it is only for a year?

We have to give up players or picks, and he's going to be getting a decent amount of money on his new contract.

I think it would be perfect, but I do not see how it would work long term.

:trophy: if a rental can get you closer to a championship and you believe you are at a championship level it makes tons of sense.

We have the right to be in win now mode the team is good enough to be.

Goyle
02-09-2013, 11:57 PM
If all they want is expirings, we can make it happen without giving up Tyler. Two expirings in DJ and Pendy, a potential replacement in OJ and a future first. Cap space, a prospect and a pick seems like a pretty good haul for a guy that's probably going to leave in the offseason anyway.

Edit: I do whatever it takes outside of giving up our core guys to get him, even if it's a rental. He's that good and he gets us REAL close to a championship.

Hicks
02-10-2013, 12:07 AM
The only way I can see it is our 1st, Orlando Johnson, and the expiring contracts of DJ Augustin and Jeff Pendergraph for Reddick. I can't see us giving up more, and I can't see them wanting Gerald Green.

2minutes twoa
02-10-2013, 12:18 AM
I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't include OJ in any talks for JJ. I really like his game and potential.

Steagles
02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
No thanks, I will take OJ for a fraction of the cost.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

cgg
02-10-2013, 12:26 AM
I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't include OJ in any talks for JJ. I really like his game and potential.

If you won't give up your third string SG for JJ, then you don't believe you have a need a SG.

Lance George
02-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Yeah, there's no way expiring contracts, by themselves, are going to get it done. If that's all Orlando wanted then they'd just keep J.J.

I would think that our first-round pick would be the bare minimum we'd have to include, along with expirings.

Personally, I'd happily do our 1st and expirings for J.J., and throw in Orlando, too, if they insisted (I'd prefer to keep him, obviously).

I'd consider doing Lance + expirings for J.J., although with Lance's growth and his fairly significant upside, it'd be a very tough deal to make. I think Lance could be better than J.J. as early as next season, but I do think J.J.'s shooting makes us much more dangerous this offseason.

I absolutely would not do Lance, 1st, and expirings for J.J.

cgg
02-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Trading our expirings would create bigger holes than we would be filling.

Miller_time04
02-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Man he would really complete this team...

cinotimz
02-10-2013, 01:22 AM
If you won't give up your third string SG for JJ, then you don't believe you have a need a SG.

Well realistically we dont have a need. The only way you think you have a need is if you believe theres gonna be a major change of direction with Danny or Paul George...Otherwise you have a young All-star as your SG. When Danny gets back its gonna mean big problems for Lance getting his minutes if you are a believer in Lance. So even Lance gets some backup 1 and 2 minutes....where in the world is REddick gonna get his???? I'm sure they are probably trying to pawn off Greens contract so sure...makes sense...so DJ and Green would make sense just from a standpoint of clearing out GG's salary, but why would Orlando do that unless you give them a 1st. And do you really wanna give a 1st away to get rid of GG's salary? Seems unlikely. And Walsh doesnt screw with a successful team midseason much...so that would seem to mean nothing is gonna happen with Granger, etc. So unless Orlando is gonna take bench fodder with GG and Dj being the highlights I dont see it happening...and Im guessing they can do better if they chooose to move him. Sounds like Orlando putting this story out there to drive up the price is what it sounds like. Make some other play off team nervous. Maybe Brooklyn who might have an interest in addition to Chicago.

TMJ31
02-10-2013, 01:42 AM
Lance for JJ rental? Wow, that's honestly one of the more foolish proposals I've ever seen here. And we have some doozies.

If our expirings and a 1st do the trick, I make that deal in a heartbeat. But none of our front 6-7 guys. No way.

diamonddave00
02-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Lance Stephenson, #1 pick and expiring would be the Magics demand. They have other teams bidding they won't sell off JJ Redick cheaply. Of course just my opinion at that cost I pass.

Remember Bulls, Knicks and Bucks have also expressed interest so it won't be a bargain bin sale

CableKC
02-10-2013, 02:37 AM
It's going to cost a 1st round pick or solid Prospect and an Expiring to get him. One of the pre-requisites that I would have would be to send out Green ( who isn't an expiring ) since he'd have to get the minutes. Either way.....I think that most of the Playoff Bound Teams outside of the Elite Teams are after Reddick.....so it's not like we'd have any legit chance to get him.

CableKC
02-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Lance Stephenson, #1 pick and expiring would be the Magics demand. They have other teams bidding they won't sell off JJ Redick cheaply. Of course just my opinion at that cost I pass.

Remember Bulls, Knicks and Bucks have also expressed interest so it won't be a bargain bin sale
Although Reddick is an above average shooter.....Lance offers something that one else on the Team offers. If we need a shooter, I'd live with adding Granger back to the lineup. Heck, I'd dig Diener out of mothballs before giving up Lance to get Reddick.

Team Indy
02-10-2013, 03:47 AM

The upgrade is not solely at SG. Lance takes DJ's minutes so the defence doesn't suffer and JJ joins the wing rotation. The team can now play an 8 man rotation with Granger getting some minutes at the 4. If Tyler stays, he'll be the 9th man who'll play spot minutes and in times of foul trouble.

Nuntius
02-10-2013, 05:03 AM
I'd love to have Redick. But we have to be careful. Take a look at his shot chart for this season:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/redicjj01/shooting/2013/

77.8% of his baskets are assisted. He is not creating his own shot a lot. Are we sure that we can feed him open baskets like the Magic can do?

Because if we force him to create his own shot like we did with Green then we should expect his percentages to fall.

This trade works -> http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bcovogl

This trade works as well -> http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axftuh6

But I don't think that the Magic are going to do either of them.

Also, we would have to take into consideration what we would offer to Redick in order to resign him. He's paid a little over $6M this season and I doubt that he resigns for less. He'd probably want 7-8 Mil. We cannot afford that much.

If we're planning to spend a 1st round pick for him, we should only do this if we take Harkless, Nicholson, O'Quinn or Ayon along with him. As a previous poster pointed out we need those rookie deals.

Peck
02-10-2013, 05:16 AM
I've done it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9wu9wg

Gerald Green back to the Nets. :woot:

Nuntius
02-10-2013, 05:18 AM
I've done it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9wu9wg

Gerald Green back to the Nets. :woot:

The sure thing is that the Nets would love him.

yoadknux
02-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Why are people so sure the Nets would love to have Gerald Green again? They could have just offered him the contract we gave him using their MLE or something, they chose not to, and with his current ability and contract there's no team in the league that should "love" him. It's like saying we would "love" to get Dunleavy or Murphy again because they had good stats for us

Nuntius
02-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Why are people so sure the Nets would love to have Gerald Green again? They could have just offered him the contract we gave him using their MLE or something, they chose not to, and with his current ability and contract there's no team in the league that should "love" him. It's like saying we would "love" to get Dunleavy or Murphy again because they had good stats for us

Because they play a 39 year old Jerry Stackhouse at backup SF and Keith Bogans at backup SG.

Also, Gerald Wallace has been nothing short of awful for them so far this season and they will be stuck with him until the 15-16 season and pay him $10M every season.

They will be forced to move him at some point. Gerald Green played good for them (and he wasn't bad for us until he got injured either), is younger and has a significantly cheaper and shorter contract.

Frankly, Green only needs to play up to his career averages (8.1 PPG, 2.3 RPG on 41.9 FG% and 34.7 3p%) to be worth his contract.

spreedom
02-10-2013, 08:42 AM
He plays for a team that is second to last in the entire conference and starts only when regular starters are out of the lineup.

So, although I like Redick, he is at best a part-time fill-in starter. So, on a contending team, he is NOT a starting-quality player. He can make a choice. Either he plays and gets substantial minutes off the bench for a contending team, or plays for a bottom-feeder with a chance of starting.

Personally, I would not give up any of our top seven players to get him. Our guys play well together and remarkably, every one of them plays decent defense. Redick is a very good scorer, but he is a terrible defensive player. That tempers his value, especially to a team that must excel at defense in order to win games.

I'm totally convinced you've never actually seen Redick play. No offense, but nothing that you said above makes any sense if you have a clue about who Redick is and how he plays. He is a shooter, not a pure scorer, and he's fantastic as both a passer and a defender. And honestly, I think he'd be our 3rd best player, at worst.

If we traded for him, I'd fully expect us to re-sign him at about $7-8M per year, and likely start him as early as next year. If we pulled the trigger on this I'm positive that Danny would be a goner, or at least not re-signed after he expires.

Downtown Bang!
02-10-2013, 09:32 AM
What does Reddick do to maintain or improve the defense? What does he do for the Pacers length & physicality advantage? IMO any future personnel changes need to at minimum maintain that identity and if they improve the offensive side of the ball too then all the better.

I like Reddick and he has been a much better pro than I ever imagined but he just doesn't fit this team. Reddick needs to play off another superstar where he can take full advantage of his superior catch & shoot skills. Thrown in the fact he will demand 7-9 MIL next year in free agency & I say it is an emphatic no. Just hoping he ends up somewhere out west and not in Miami, NY or Chicago.

Where is all the excitement over a potential mid-season pick-up like this coming from? Granger is the Pacers big mid-season pick-up. Assuming he is healthy what other contending team in the league is going to acquire that kind of talent for the stretch run without giving up other significant pieces?

2minutes twoa
02-10-2013, 09:59 AM

I believe we would benefit from adding a great shooter, but I don't think Reddick is the answer. I would, however, include OJ in a trade for Kyle Korver. That guy is an assassin!

BlueNGold
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
I believe we would benefit from adding a great shooter, but I don't think Reddick is the answer. I would, however, include OJ in a trade for Kyle Korver. That guy is an assassin!

Korver would help our bench a lot. OJ is not close to enough.

2minutes twoa
02-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Korver would help our bench a lot. OJ is not close to enough.

Obviously it wouldn't just be OJ, but I would include him in a trade if it meant getting Korver.

PacerPenguins
02-10-2013, 10:18 AM
What if we got Korver and Reddick :dance::love::thisisfun::citizenkane::spock::mjpop corn:

Anthem
02-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Oh gosh I hate Korver. HATE HIM.

Pacerized
02-10-2013, 10:57 AM
For those of you proposing that we send a 1st. for Reddick, you understand that we can't afford to sign him next year and keep West right? So you're either proposing to give up a 1st. for a rental or saying that you'd rather have Reddick then West. I think I'd just rather let our bench improve with Lance when Granger comes back. I'll take West over Reddick.
The only thing that makes sense for the Pacers would be to give up Green and DJ. We'd love to lose Green and DJ is gone next year anyway. Unless they really want Green that's not enough for Orlando so I don't see a trade happening.

BlueNGold
02-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Obviously it wouldn't just be OJ, but I would include him in a trade if it meant getting Korver.

Korver is capable of averaging in the teens in the NBA while shooting over 40% from three. He's averaging over 30 minutes a game on a team that is well above .500. Something is working there.

Also, he was an important guy off the bench for Chicago. He's obviously a good NBA player and he once was the best player on the Sixers. At one time, he just about had franchise attached to his name.

Hicks
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
For those of you proposing that we send a 1st. for Reddick, you understand that we can't afford to sign him next year and keep West right? So you're either proposing to give up a 1st. for a rental or saying that you'd rather have Reddick then West. I think I'd just rather let our bench improve with Lance when Granger comes back. I'll take West over Reddick.
The only thing that makes sense for the Pacers would be to give up Green and DJ. We'd love to lose Green and DJ is gone next year anyway. Unless they really want Green that's not enough for Orlando so I don't see a trade happening.

Yes, I realize it's a rental (most likely). We're close enough to making the Finals that I think it's worth punting on a 20-something pick to temporarily beef up this roster and push harder to a title.

a5g9
02-10-2013, 11:21 AM
:-o I usually just read your guys' opinions on forums & don't login or say much of anything; but Kyle Korver was NEVER the best player on the 76ers. Lol :laugh:

Pacer Fan
02-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I think Green is perfect for them, he has a good contract and they could really use him. He is a guy that can be moved easily contrary to all the Green hatred here. I can see Hans, Green and a 1st rather JJ commits to extension or not.

BlueCollarColts
02-10-2013, 11:34 AM

they did not have the money to offer him, they could not give him 3.5 million, if they could of they would of

BlueCollarColts
02-10-2013, 11:36 AM
i think this trade could help us, but if it doesn't when Lance moves to the bench with Danny coming back, I think him getting Gerald the ball can turn it around

BlueCollarColts
02-10-2013, 11:39 AM
I guess Gerald Green has returned to the rotation, maybe they are using him as a trade chip

Pacer Fan
02-10-2013, 11:43 AM
they did not have the money to offer him, they could not give him 3.5 million, if they could of they would of that is correct and they was also in the Howard drama at the time of Pacers swooping in for a bit better of a contract. He's making a mil extra per year signing with us and he didn't have to wait the waiting game, drama.

imawhat
02-10-2013, 11:49 AM
We need a backup PG the most. A one year rental of JJ could help us out, but here are a few things to think about if we acquired him:

-Would we be good enough to contend without a solid backup PG?
-Is it worth giving up OJ?
-We'll eventually need a backup PF. Is there a good one in this draft at 22-26? We'll be giving up a pick.
-Is there a plan in place at the end of the season to replace JJ with OJ gone?

Winngtime85
02-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Wld love to get JJ solid player nice jumper ok defense as long as lance stays here I'm for it. We probly won't resign Tyler would u rather hav Tyler or JJ.

ensergio
02-10-2013, 11:59 AM
We need a backup PG the most. A one year rental of JJ could help us out, but here are a few things to think about if we acquired him:

-We'll eventually need a backup PF. Is there a good one in this draft at 22-26? We'll be giving up a pick.

This is more important than Reddick.

Hicks
02-10-2013, 12:01 PM
I guess Gerald Green has returned to the rotation, maybe they are using him as a trade chip

Sam Young has/had the flu. He'll be back.

beast23
02-10-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm totally convinced you've never actually seen Redick play. No offense, but nothing that you said above makes any sense if you have a clue about who Redick is and how he plays. He is a shooter, not a pure scorer, and he's fantastic as both a passer and a defender. And honestly, I think he'd be our 3rd best player, at worst.

If we traded for him, I'd fully expect us to re-sign him at about $7-8M per year, and likely start him as early as next year. If we pulled the trigger on this I'm positive that Danny would be a goner, or at least not re-signed after he expires.
My apologies. I sometimes use scorer and shooter synonymously. Yes, to be more precise, he is a shooter. And yes, he is a great passer.

But, I definitely stand by my statements regarding defense. Don't confuse effort with getting the job done. The times that I've seen Redick, he can't handle his man in the post and his man seems to have an abundance of open perimeter shots. He scrambles a lot, but he is NOT a good defensive player.

I think the Pacers would find a lot of minutes for him, and I do think in our defensive scheme, with stronger defenders on the court, that he could learn to function better. But to be a regular starter for the Pacers? You've got to be freaking kidding me. Like I said, he is not even a regular starter on a cellar-dweller. He wouldn't start for the Pacers, and he wouldn't deserve to.

However, he would be a good scorer for us. Probably not ahead of George, West and Granger, but probably ahead of Hibbert and Stephenson.

Pacer Fan
02-10-2013, 12:02 PM

Good questions.
I don't see DJ being traded in a deal for JJ.
I don't think OJ matters if we get JJ in return.
This draft is pending worse then last year.
If JJ is obtained and he fits in well, I see no reason why Pacers wouldn't try to keep him for the right price. Again, OJ is not going to be a deal breaker. There will be plenty of SG in FA if need be.

90'sNBARocked
02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Overated, We need a player on the bench who can create his own shot, JJ cant do that and thus is not what we need, especially if there are multiple suitors it drives his price up

OlBlu
02-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Overated, We need a player on the bench who can create his own shot, JJ cant do that and thus is not what we need, especially if there are multiple suitors it drives his price up

We are going to have one in a week or so. Danny Granger.....:cool: ...

Pacer Fan
02-10-2013, 01:08 PM

With a line up of Lance, JJ, Green or Young, Hans and Ian...I don't think we need a so called shot creator. We need someone to spread the floor and to hit the 3. I am personally tired of seeing our bench scoring 15 pts. in a game.

Bring JJ on!

beast23
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM

Point well taken. I don't see Reddick as a SG, but don't invasion him as a full-fledged PG, either. I guess that puts him, along with Hill and Stephenson, into the category of a combo-guard.

Hill is able to do a pretty good job as a starting PG, and as we know, is transitioning into that role. Do you see using the tandem of Stephenson and Reddick as being "good enough" to bring an adequate level of PG skills into the second unit?

PacerPride33
02-10-2013, 01:42 PM
-i agree we definetely need a top-flight shooter for this team and jj would be a great fit, price is probably too high...sounds like walsh and pritchard are definetely interested though

-also, read today where the knicks are gauging interest in iman shumpert and were debating trading him for dudley to phoenix..i feel the pacers could offer better than that and shumpert's elite defense would be a great fit here as he can guard the 1,2, and 3 sometimes..what are your guys' thoughts on that?

Trophy
02-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I would prefer to get Kyle Korver over JJ Redick.

Korver is able to play SF and with Danny returning soon, Lance will be the backup SG.

I'm not even getting my hopes up on a trade even happening nor will I be disappointed if one didn't happen.

CableKC
02-10-2013, 02:00 PM
-also, read today where the knicks are gauging interest in iman shumpert and were debating trading him for dudley to phoenix..i feel the pacers could offer better than that and shumpert's elite defense would be a great fit here as he can guard the 1,2, and 3 sometimes..what are your guys' thoughts on that?
I think that Dudley is better than anyone that the Pacers have as trade-able assets that the Knicks would be interested in.

I'd love to have Shumpert, but he ( just like Reddick ) is out of our price range.

If anything, I'd be interested in Dudley if we could give up Green.

cdash
02-10-2013, 02:03 PM
I think that Dudley is better than anyone that the Pacers have as trade-able assets that the Knicks would be interested in.

I'd love to have Shumpert, but he ( just like Reddick ) is out of our price range.

If anything, I'd be interested in Dudley if we could give up Green.

I would be interested in a multi-purpose gardening tool if we could trade Green for it. Alas, Home Depot is not interested in the exchange.

BlueCollarColts
02-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Sam Young has/had the flu. He'll be back.
I found this though
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba/Gerald_Green/2675219/green-back-in-rotation-for-now

BlueCollarColts
02-10-2013, 02:05 PM
We are going to have one in a week or so. Danny Granger.....:cool: ...
I completely agree with this

Trophy
02-10-2013, 02:05 PM
I found this though
http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba/Gerald_Green/2675219/green-back-in-rotation-for-now

I prefer Green in the rotation over Young.

If we don't make a trade for a backup shooter, I'm fine with Green as the backup SF. He hasn't been terrible this season. He just hasn't been used to the best of his abilities. He's someone who is pretty good at getting his own shot off the dribble.

At least he does things offensively, unlike Sam Young. Green's D is decent too.

Derek2k3
02-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Do you realize he plays 32 mpg on average, and 37 mpg the last month? So, he isn't one of the first 5 on the floor...he plays starters minutes. Can't get hung up on whether a guy is on the floor for the opening tip (Jason Terry and Jamal Crawford have had lucrative careers and rarely started)

I think Indiana would give up a first (Late 20's) for 2 months of Redick. He could easily be the kind of player to put the Pacers over the top in the East, something you'd have to consider doing.

Goyle
02-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I prefer Green in the rotation over Young.

If we don't make a trade for a backup shooter, I'm fine with Green as the backup SF. He hasn't been terrible this season. He just hasn't been used to the best of his abilities. He's someone who is pretty good at getting his own shot off the dribble.

At least he does things offensively, unlike Sam Young. Green's D is decent too.

I'd rather see Green too. I've come around on Young, but I'd like to see what Green can do with Lance and DJ playing well now.

Has anyone seen the Star article that mentions him being back in the rotation?

Eddie Gill
02-10-2013, 02:25 PM
We know who we'd be bidding against (Chicago, NY), so the real question is what would they be able to offer?

I would be ECSTATIC if we landed Redick, but if it takes anything more than DJ, OJ, Green, and picks we can't do it. If Orlando even utters the words "Lance Stephenson", immediately hang up the phone. He's off the table, don't even talk about him.

This certainly has all the makings of a "missing puzzle piece" type of deal.

BlueNGold
02-10-2013, 02:31 PM
:-o I usually just read your guys' opinions on forums & don't login or say much of anything; but Kyle Korver was NEVER the best player on the 76ers. Lol :laugh:

Ok. I got a bit carried away there. Korver started for two years on decent teams and was second on the team in scoring when Iverson went down for the year. Iggy was the best player even that year, so I stand corrected. Still, he's better than anyone else coming off our bench at SF.

Derek2k3
02-10-2013, 02:33 PM
We know who we'd be bidding against (Chicago, NY), so the real question is what would they be able to offer?

I would be ECSTATIC if we landed Redick, but if it takes anything more than DJ, OJ, Green, and picks we can't do it. If Orlando even utters the words "Lance Stephenson", immediately hang up the phone. He's off the table, don't even talk about him.

This certainly has all the makings of a "missing puzzle piece" type of deal.

I'd be surprised if Orlando wanted anything more than picks and expirings. If they have decided not to re-sign JJ, then they want to get as much youth/relief as possible. They know it's about reloading/rebuilding, I think it'll be whoever can give the best youth/picks.

Chicago doesn't have much to offer in the way of expirings, and no youth. (Maybe Butler? Teague?)

Knicks are the same.

I say it's a crapshoot, but I'd love to add him if it didn't cost us any of our 5 plus Lance/Ian.

TMJ31
02-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I've seen a similar sentiment here on this thread a couple times now and just thought of an analogy.

The Pacers trading for Kyle Korver would be like the Bulls trading for Jeff Foster.

The fans would all be fully aware their team just got a good piece to their roster, but they would have a tough time sleeping at night, and would immediately feel like taking a scalding hot shower.

Hicks
02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't understand the Korver hate at all. He played well at our expense, but as far as I know never talked trash, played dirty, or otherwise said/did anything wrong. Whooptie-friggin'-doo.

Heisenberg
02-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Bucks want him too

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/09/report-bucks-interested-in-trading-for-magic-guard-j-j-redick/

Derek2k3
02-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I don't understand the Korver hate at all. He played well at our expense, but as far as I know never talked trash, played dirty, or otherwise said/did anything wrong. Whooptie-friggin'-doo.

Man. That Bulls series in '11 did it for me. I just want to puke whenever I see him and his amish haircut.

Justin Tyme
02-10-2013, 03:44 PM
The Magic don't need Tyler even if he is an expiring. They have Nicholson who they need to give PT to since Davis is out for the season. They also have rookie PF K O'Quinn. Not to mention McBob for the rest of the season.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Hansbro was traded to Orlando, so McBob and Hans could be on the same team again. Then the Magic fans could debate who was the better of the two. LOL!

The Magic got their 5 for the future in Vucevic who is averaging a double double. They could have an interest in getting Chumlee as a b/u 5 as part of a trade scenario. That gives them a young player then throw in Pendergraph who is an expiring with Green who is a scorer at half Redick's salary plus a future 014 2nd rd pick. In this scenario the salary works.

Personally, I'd have no problem with that type deal even for a 30 game rental of Redick. It gets rid of Green for the future, and Chumlee won't be a factor for the future Pacers core. Nor will be difficult to replace Chumlee next season. I wouldn't offer OJ in case Redick does re-sign with the Pacers. I doubt if the Magic would be interested, but I'd still make an offer like this.

Lance George
02-10-2013, 04:05 PM
For those still wondering about Orlando's asking price for Redick, from Heisenberg's linked-to article above, courtesy of Marc Stein (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/300269265276256256):

To meet asking price for Redick expiring(s) and a future first-round pick Bucks naturally wanna know they can retain free agent-to-be.

If he could be retained, then that sounds like a steal to me.

Of course, it will be hard to outbid Milwaukee since their first-round pick will almost certainly be quite a bit higher than our own.

Peck
02-10-2013, 04:07 PM
I've seen a similar sentiment here on this thread a couple times now and just thought of an analogy.

The Pacers trading for Kyle Korver would be like the Bulls trading for Jeff Foster.

The fans would all be fully aware their team just got a good piece to their roster, but they would have a tough time sleeping at night, and would immediately feel like taking a scalding hot shower.

Until he hit the first game winning three and then people will claim they've wanted him since his Philly days.

TMJ31
02-10-2013, 04:08 PM
For those still wondering about Orlando's asking price for Redick, from Heisenberg's linked-to article above, courtesy of Marc Stein (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/300269265276256256):

If he could be retained, then that sounds like a steal to me.

Of course, it will be hard to outbid Milwaukee since their first-round pick will almost certainly be quite a bit higher than our own.

But will Milwaukee be able to get assurances they can keep him?

If they aren't 100% sure, Milwaukee will be much more cautious about giving up a 1st rounder than a team like the Pacers who will have a high seeding.

Let's hope that the Bucks balk at the 1st rounder and get mixed signals from JJ's agent regarding his desire to re-sign there.

Pacers would be (at least I would assume) much more willing to rent him for that price.

TMJ31
02-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Until he hit the first game winning three and then people will claim they've wanted him since his Philly days.

Lol. True enough.

It would just take me a LOT of getting used to is all.

On the court it would be a big boost, I don't contest that at all.

imawhat
02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
If JJ is obtained and he fits in well, I see no reason why Pacers wouldn't try to keep him for the right price.

There probably won't be a right price. He's played his way out of a re-sign in Indy.

Hill is able to do a pretty good job as a starting PG, and as we know, is transitioning into that role. Do you see using the tandem of Stephenson and Reddick as being "good enough" to bring an adequate level of PG skills into the second unit?

Maybe. I'm nervous about Stephenson in the 2nd unit and as a PG. If our roster stays as is, I'd like to see Lance as PG with OJ moving to SG on offense, then OJ can guard the PG on defense and Lance sticks to SG.

Even with only 5-10 minutes in a playoff game, I just don't think you can afford to play DJ.

WhoLovesYaBaby?
02-10-2013, 06:48 PM
The Pacers are looking to lose Green. But I don't see him moving unless a first rounder goes with him. And the team will not trade away a first round pick two years running.

They might be pursuaded to part with Tyler Hansbrough since it seems doubtful that they will tender a qualifying offer to him for next year (if they plan to re-sign West that is). Pacers may be interested in parting with Augustin, but doubtful (IMO) due to his improved play and expiring contract. Pendergraph is expendable. Ben Hansbrough and Young are expendable. But who would want those guys? Plumlee probably stays as no one would want him either.

OJ Stays! He has shown potential and he is cheap. Lance stays for the same reason.

They MIGHT have been interested in trading Granger but that seems unlikely at this point. The timing simply doesn't work.

And, despite some on this board starting a thread about it, Hibbert will not be traded. That would be just plain crazy. Of course what do I know? Denver made a huge deal about Nene last year and signed him to a big contract only to trade him away and go on winning.

vnzla81
02-10-2013, 11:15 PM
@AlexKennedyNBA: If the Magic trade J.J. Redick, they'll want an expiring contract and first-round pick. They'd also like to dump a bad contract in the deal.

So is not going to happen.

Heisenberg
02-10-2013, 11:22 PM
@AlexKennedyNBA: If the Magic trade J.J. Redick, they'll want an expiring contract and first-round pick. They'd also like to dump a bad contract in the deal.

So is not going to happen.For anybody. Like I said when this got talked about a little while ago, they're asking for too much for him and are going to waste his value.

Pacerized
02-10-2013, 11:30 PM

They're going to end up getting exactly what New Orleans got for Kaman last year, an expiring Reddick at the end of the season.
No team that wants Reddick as a rental would pay more then a 2cd. round pick and another player. Any team that wants him long term will just wait until the end of the season because Bird rights don't matter on a player that isn't getting anywhere near a max contract. I guess a team that has no cap space and is willing to go into the LT might be a possibility but I doubt it

Derek2k3
02-10-2013, 11:32 PM

Wonder what they consider a bad contract.

Turkoglu I would assume. He's been a bad contract for a long time. (Making $11.8M this season, Player Option for $12M next :laugh: )

Other than that, you have Al at $14M over the next 2, Jameer making $8M next season, Aflalo at $23M over the next 3.

EDIT: by the way, they're still paying the balance of Arenas' $40M this year and next. My word.

Pacerized
02-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Wonder what they consider a bad contract.

Turkoglu I would assume. He's been a bad contract for a long time. (Making $11.8M this season, Player Option for $12M next :laugh: )

Other than that, you have Al at $14M over the next 2, Jameer making $8M next season, Aflalo at $23M over the next 3.

EDIT: by the way, they're still paying the balance of Arenas' $40M this year and next. My word.

I didn't realize how bad some of their contracts were however I'd consider Aflalo a decent contract.
Al and Turk are the kind of contracts you eat if you're trading for James Harden not Reddick. It's laughable if they think they'll get either a 1st. or get someone to take one of those contracts let alone both. They're going to end up with nothing for being that greedy.

vnzla81
02-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Hedo's contract is only guaranteed for an small portion next year, the same with Al(3mil and 3mil), so they are not bad.

wintermute
02-11-2013, 03:10 AM
The Pacers are looking to lose Green. But I don't see him moving unless a first rounder goes with him. And the team will not trade away a first round pick two years running.

Uh, we last traded our pick in 2011 (for George Hill). Our 2012 pick was Plumlee.

Agree that we'd like to move Green, but getting ORL to take back Green in a JJ trade seems tough. And as for us taking on say, Hedo, it's going to be very hard to salary match his $12m salary without sending a core piece away.

wintermute
02-11-2013, 03:18 AM
Hedo's contract is only guaranteed for an small portion next year, the same with Al(3mil and 3mil), so they are not bad.

Not so small... Hedo's contract is $6m guaranteed for next year. Harrington's is 50% guaranteed for the last 2 years, so it's slightly more than you mentioned ($3.5m and $3.8m more or less).

Regardless, the bigger issue remains how to salary match Hedo ($11.8m) or Al ($6.7m) on top of Redick's $6m contract. Green and DJ only add up to $7m, and I wouldn't trade Tyler without getting another backup PF back. Not much left that's easily expendable.

Justin Tyme
02-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Not so small... Hedo's contract is $6m guaranteed for next year. Harrington's is 50% guaranteed for the last 2 years, so it's slightly more than you mentioned ($3.5m and $3.8m more or less).

Regardless, the bigger issue remains how to salary match Hedo ($11.8m) or Al ($6.7m) on top of Redick's $6m contract. Green and DJ only add up to $7m, and I wouldn't trade Tyler without getting another backup PF back. Not much left that's easily expendable.

I want no part of Turk or Al. Both are over the hill, injury problems, ect, and 3rd time isn't charm with Harrington. No thanks, pass.

How many teams has Harrington been on now?