PDA

View Full Version : The Last Three Games Before the All-Star Break

Anthem
02-08-2013, 07:58 AM
What are our chances?

Fri 8 - vs Toronto
Mon 11 - vs Brooklyn
Wed 13 - vs Charlotte

Seems like tonight could be a prototypical "trap" game, but Vogel's done a good job of getting guys up for those. Brooklyn's a real team, and a victory there would be a big deal because it would give us some more cushion against them. Charlotte should be a no-brainer.

Anthem
02-08-2013, 08:02 AM
In the February Predictions Thread (CLICKY (http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?80078-The-February-Win-Loss-Prediction-Thread)), I predicted three wins here, so I'm not gonna change my answer now. But I also had predicted losses to Miami and Atlanta. So glad to be wrong!

cgg
02-08-2013, 08:08 AM
We're gonna blow out the Raptors. I think they will score in the 60s.

cgg
02-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Nets will be on the second night of a back to back after playing the Spurs. We'd beat them anyway. Bobcats are Bobcats.

2minutes twoa
02-08-2013, 08:27 AM
I think the Bobcats game could be a trap game as well. But like you said, Frank will make sure they're focused. Going into the break on an 8 game winning streak and 18 straight at home would be fantastic!!

Nuntius
02-08-2013, 08:31 AM
We should be able to beat the Nets at home. They are good but we are elite at home.

I'll be conservative and say that we win at least 2.

Unclebuck
02-08-2013, 08:41 AM
I am really worried about tonight. I worry about a big letdown after the three game in 3 nights. i wish they played the game Saturday night, one more day would be huge

Steagles
02-08-2013, 09:31 AM
I have a feeling Rudy Gay will go off tonight. The game vs Toronto will be the toughest challenge of the three games, but I do think Frank will coach them for the "Trap" game loss prevention.

pacersgroningen
02-08-2013, 11:40 AM
I am really worried about tonight. I worry about a big letdown after the three game in 3 nights. i wish they played the game Saturday night, one more day would be huge

I have to agree with you, it'll be a dogfight! George will guard Gay, but that leaves Lance on Derozan. I still remember the first couple of meetings, where they put Lance in the low post defensively and he couldn't stop him. My guess is they'll try to do it again quite often.

Also Bargnani, despite him not being a worldbeater by any means, can give our bigs some difficulty. We're not really build for defending stretch bigs. Combine that with the fact that fatigue will settle in, it's gonna be tough. But we can still pull this one out!

Hicks
02-08-2013, 11:46 AM
We've just gotten so good at home that I can't bring myself to predict us to lose any of these 3 now.

Anthem
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I have to agree with you, it'll be a dogfight! George will guard Gay, but that leaves Lance on Derozan.
Honestly, this is a game where it would be really nice to have Danny for defensive matchups.

*astrisk*
02-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Not worried about tonight. I really don't see this as a trap game for us. We will get up for this game and the next one.

This one, if for no other reason than the fact that there is still so much unknown to us with how Gay is going to match-up against us, with the Raps. The newness of the situation is enough to keep the attention of our squad and the fact that we lost to them the last time.

Brooklyn will be tough, but we got them at home, so i'll give us the win.

Charlotte is the Trap Game... The game is right before the break, we've got a player involved in 3 events during All-Star Break (so that's a distraction), they know they CAN beat us because they have already once this year...

However, we blew them out the last time, and they've got the Celtics and Lakers before us. They will likely be riding high off an 8 game losing streak, so I think we will handle them pretty easily...

3 and 0, going into the Break for us, I think..

cinotimz
02-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Tonights game just scares me....hope they dont look like theyre running in mud all night....

TMJ31
02-08-2013, 04:10 PM
I have no reason to believe we will lose any of these games. We've become a dominant team at home.

Frank will make sure the team doesn't let up before the break, and hopefully Area55 and G2 can fuel the crowd to get the Pacers 3W's!

Trader Joe
02-08-2013, 04:10 PM
All you guys talking about a trap game tonight are making me jumpy as ****.

Unclebuck
02-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Also the last game before the AS break and the first game back are often screwy games. Unpredictable, because teams cannot practice during break, so there are usually some strange games around this time. Also some teams are looking forward to a few days away. Sort of like school on the Friday before Spring break - hard to concentrate

cgg
02-08-2013, 05:36 PM
We will dominate the Raptors.

Hicks
02-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Well...

Pacer Fan
02-09-2013, 12:06 PM
I predict Raptors winning in OT...oh wait, sigh!

Anthem
02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Hat's off to Cable.

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
We take these teams easy for some reason.

boombaby1987
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
And yes, I know I voted late.

LoneGranger33
02-11-2013, 09:44 PM
I just voted to show my faith in this team beating the Bobcats, but I'll probably be wrong still.