PDA

View Full Version : Ball Don't Lie piece on the Pacers - with video analysis of offensive schemes

gummy
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/indiana-pacers-taken-central-lead-based-heavily-star-170600529--nba.html

Stumbled on this. The article itself is fine, particularly the acknowledgement that Mr. West is indeed playing like an All-Star. I can't easily paste it in on my phone, so you'll have to follow the link. But the best thing about the article is that it includes a video breakdown of the offensive sets the Pacers (and Bulls) ran out of timeouts in the last game against Chicago. Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RlKN3_TKW_Y

CableKC
02-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm not a basketball guy that can notice what exactly happens on a play...but seeing it broken down like this is really interesting. I don't get to notice the nuance of a play where a Player sets a pick or goes to a certain spot on the floor to set a screen to notice these little things.

gummy
02-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm not a basketball guy that can notice what exactly happens on a play...but seeing it broken down like this is really interesting. I don't get to notice the nuance of a play where a Player sets a pick or goes to a certain spot on the floor to set a screen to notice these little things.

Yeah, I'd say I catch about half of it in real time. I think finding and watching these kinds of things helps your brain get accustomed to seeing it. I wish there was more quality breakdown of Pacers film like this around. It would really change the the types of discussions to be had if we had access to the kind of film the teams do.

Not that everyone would want to watch it or have time to watch it. But I would pay $$ for access to team video edits. I wouldn't expect to get them during the season for strategic reasons, but maybe putting out a DVD a season or two after the fact? Probably wouldn't sell enough, but I think it would be awesome.

Major Cold
02-07-2013, 04:58 PM
You could tell that he likes the Bulls more than the Pacers. "Deng lacks the footwork" or "George locks down Deng".