PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/76ers Postgame Thread 2/6/13

Trophy
02-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Very proud of this team. They play their hearts out night in and night out.

Back 2 back 2 back W's!

:dance:

LuckSwagger
02-06-2013, 09:10 PM
I bet we don't even get a headline on ESPN for winning three straight nights.

The Lakers get a headline on the less than 50% occasions they win at all, it seems.

TMJ31
02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Love this team. That's all.

Mac_Daddy
02-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Rough first half, but solid finish. I'd love to see some box scores, but all of them seem to be experiencing difficulties. Yahoo even has the final score as 37-34.

hoosierguy
02-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Rough first half, but solid finish. I'd love to see some box scores, but all of them seem to be experiencing difficulties. Yahoo even has the final score as 37-34.

ESPN didn't displaying any of the stats for the game and still doesn't have a boxscore available.

Anthem
02-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Yahoo even has the final score as 37-34.
That is, as Mr. Jeff Foster would say, some good-@$$ defense.

Johanvil

Yeah second half was an improvement as PG and West start hitting some shots. Roy was brilliant on both ends and he will enjoys his video game on the flight back home. This b2b2b wins is a remarkable achievement. Kudos to everyone involved.

Knicks lost.

hoosierguy
The Lakers get a headline on the less than 50% occasions they win at all, it seems.

It is sickening how a bad team gets more press than a good team simply because of the markets in which each teams play.

Nuntius
02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I expected a loss here (before reading about Young's injury) so I'm very glad about the win :D

Is there a way to merge the two threads?

PR07
02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
This team is just clicking on all cylinders...not much else to it.

BornReady
02-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Thank you Pacers, I NEEDED some good news to come home to after a long day.

beast23
02-06-2013, 09:17 PM
I bet we don't even get a headline on ESPN for winning three straight nights.

I would think not sine they didn't see fit to even provide us with a tracking box score.

BornReady
02-06-2013, 09:18 PM
If you want to see stats, CBSSportsline seems to be working fine.

The Future
02-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Seems like yesterday the Pacers lost to Denver by that terrible call.

5 wins in a row!

And honestly, I think this team can win out the rest of the month since they will be playing at home.

TheDon
02-06-2013, 09:35 PM
L-O-L at espn's box score...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278441

awwww darn they finally updated it roy had an 18/14 game with a DNP-CD before they updated it :(

Pacerized
02-06-2013, 09:36 PM
1 post game thread is enough to keep up with.

boombaby1987
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
15,300 apparently there. SMFH.

Anthem
02-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Here's a crazy thought. If the Pacers had gotten two more calls, they'd be riding a 7-game winning streak.

They're still undefeated in February.

dohman
02-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Wow did they really only shoot 7 free throws.

SIR-LANCE-ALOT
02-06-2013, 09:54 PM
of course we wont get any love on espn for this, unless we play the heat, we arent getting on tv, and unless we beat the heat, we still wont get on tv for any highlights, the nba dislikes the pacers and winning without a megasuperstar like lebron or cp3 or kobe

ilive4sports
02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
You guys are really gonna complain about ESPN the day after they had a little segment on us on sports center, have been putting us in the sc top ten over and over, have had numerous writers say we are the biggest threat to the heat and just good coverage in general? ESPN has been showing us some love as of late.

Nuntius
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Wow did they really only shoot 7 free throws.

They only shoot 16.5 FTs per game. 10.3 in the last 3.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/free-throws-attempted-per-game

cgg
02-06-2013, 10:11 PM
They only shoot 16.5 FTs per game. 10.3 in the last 3.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/free-throws-attempted-per-game

We miss Danny's 5 per game.

Nuntius
02-06-2013, 10:16 PM
We miss Danny's 5 per game.

I was talking about Philly but we certainly miss Danny's FTs :)

Mad-Mad-Mario
02-06-2013, 10:21 PM
You guys are really gonna complain about ESPN the day after they had a little segment on us on sports center, have been putting us in the sc top ten over and over, have had numerous writers say we are the biggest threat to the heat and just good coverage in general? ESPN has been showing us some love as of late.

They show us some love, but its always with a qualifier. Its sorta how when somebody insults you while complimenting you. Basically ESPN is negging us. They are using ****** pick up tactics on us. Don't get into bed with ESPN dude. They aren't going to respect us anymore in the morning.

PacersPride
02-06-2013, 10:21 PM
of course we wont get any love on espn for this, unless we play the heat, we arent getting on tv, and unless we beat the heat, we still wont get on tv for any highlights, the nba dislikes the pacers and winning without a megasuperstar like lebron or cp3 or kobe

i was watching ESPN late last night and SVP did a segue onto the pacers. i stayed up for it. SVP has two part series. one on the winover the hawks. and then "who are the pacers"

started off the segue after commerical speaking of IU wiht the logo. saying when you think of indiana basketball the Hoosiers come to mind...... then Pacers logo appeared. It was Awesome. SVP generrally tells it like it is. during the highlights he was talking about where brooklyn at.. here it is in lance stenphenson he then went onto say.

Legs gave the pacers run Monday night after Bulls win. Bring your lunchpale vs the Pacers. "Pacers are legit contenders"

Obviously Jalen is going to roll with the hypebole.

I am not getting carries away by all this. Pacers still have a long ways to go before they reach true contender status. The good news is they are very young overall.

ilive4sports
02-06-2013, 10:31 PM
They show us some love, but its always with a qualifier. Its sorta how when somebody insults you while complimenting you. Basically ESPN is negging us. They are using ****** pick up tactics on us. Don't get into bed with ESPN dude. They aren't going to respect us anymore in the morning.
despite what you think, ESPN isn't out to screw the Pacers. and no its not always with a qualifier. Yeah we don't get as much coverage as the Lakers/Heat/Celtics. Thats not even an ESPN thing. Its a national media thing. Why? Because more people want to hear about the Heat/Lakers/Celtics. You have to cater to your audience.

If you have watched ESPN at all in the last week you know that they have given a lot of praise to the Pacers. Even after beating the Bulls without their slew of players or the Hawks without theirs, they just talked about how good the Pacers actually are. Not saying well they won, but Rose didn't play.

Plus they are starting to hype up PG quite a bit. He's always in the SC Top Ten. During the highlights they always say how he is exploding onto the scene this season. And now they are running with him being an All-Star.

Foul on Smits
02-06-2013, 10:35 PM
I've been a Pacer fan since 1992 and I can say for certain, this is one of the best Pacer teams i've ever seen. This win is so impressive. They had every single reason I can think of , to lose. But they didnt. They were complete lock down. I'm so impressed.

Mad-Mad-Mario
02-06-2013, 10:42 PM
despite what you think, ESPN isn't out to screw the Pacers. and no its not always with a qualifier. Yeah we don't get as much coverage as the Lakers/Heat/Celtics. Thats not even an ESPN thing. Its a national media thing. Why? Because more people want to hear about the Heat/Lakers/Celtics. You have to cater to your audience.

If you have watched ESPN at all in the last week you know that they have given a lot of praise to the Pacers. Even after beating the Bulls without their slew of players or the Hawks without theirs, they just talked about how good the Pacers actually are. Not saying well they won, but Rose didn't play.

Plus they are starting to hype up PG quite a bit. He's always in the SC Top Ten. During the highlights they always say how he is exploding onto the scene this season. And now they are running with him being an All-Star.

As I recall on ESPN they pointed out who the Bulls were missing, even adding in a player that played. Without ever mentioning we were missing granger. Sounds like a qualifier to me.

LuckSwagger
02-07-2013, 12:00 AM
And not surprisingly, the top two headlines on the NBA section of ESPN are about the Lakers (who didn't even play tonight). The front page picture is Pau Gasol.

Games rarely get postponed in the NBA and no team is ever scheduled to play three consecutive nights. When someone does what the Pacers just accomplished, it's very newsworthy, yet ESPN is too busy humping the Lakers to notice.

PacersPride
02-07-2013, 12:14 AM
And not surprisingly, the top two headlines on the NBA section of ESPN are about the Lakers (who didn't even play tonight). The front page picture is Pau Gasol.

Games rarely get postponed in the NBA and no team is ever scheduled to play three consecutive nights. When someone does what the Pacers just accomplished, it's very newsworthy, yet ESPN is too busy humping the Lakers to notice.

i notice sometimes espn's site doesnt run right. it gets outdated. hard to explain and maybe its just my PC but i doubt it. its like ESPN reverts back to 3 weeks ago at times. its weird. so who knows. The Gasol injury was recent though.

imawhat
02-07-2013, 12:15 AM
What an awesome win!

Man, did the refs leave their whistles in the lockerroom? That's the most physical game with the fewest fouls I've probably ever seen.

Hicks
02-07-2013, 12:44 AM
What an awesome win!

Man, did the refs leave their whistles in the lockerroom? That's the most physical game with the fewest fouls I've probably ever seen.

No kidding. It was bizarre. They just didn't seem to feel like acknowledging several fouls. Guy gets hit, no foul. Paul George gets hit on the arm/wrist on a jumper and misses the rim by 2 feet, no foul. It was nuts.

presto123
02-07-2013, 12:48 AM
I've been a Pacer fan since 1992 and I can say for certain, this is one of the best Pacer teams i've ever seen. This win is so impressive. They had every single reason I can think of , to lose. But they didnt. They were complete lock down. I'm so impressed.

Don't go too overboard. Remember that 4 game West trip we just had? Pacers looked anything but Title contenders.

ilive4sports
02-07-2013, 12:51 AM
espn gives us no coverage :rolleyes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCeqXKYCEAAV32X.jpg:large

docpaul
02-07-2013, 01:08 AM
Win-dianapolis.

I like it.

docpaul
02-07-2013, 01:43 AM
The 76'ers do not play a winning style of offense. Most of their attempts are long 2's, which is the worst shot on the floor.

Their bloggers understand this dynamic: http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/12/20/3787288/sixers-rockets-shot-selection-breakdown

It's funny to hear some of the post-game comments by the 76'ers, as they felt they were getting plenty of open looks, not realizing that our whole defensive strategy is to lead them towards that part of the half court by letting the defense loosen up there. When you watch the game more carefully, you begin to see these tendencies.

We've heard that theme from a whole host of teams that play us: "we had the open looks, we just weren't hitting them", not realizing that we limit their attempts in the box and from outside the perimeter. The open looks don't historically convert to lots of points and a high expected FG%.

daschysta
02-07-2013, 02:59 AM
Don't go too overboard. Remember that 4 game West trip we just had? Pacers looked anything but Title contenders.

We were an overtime loss against a very good home team and a call the NBA admitted they screwed up away from 3-1 on that road trip.

TMJ31
02-07-2013, 03:25 AM
No kidding. It was bizarre. They just didn't seem to feel like acknowledging several fouls. Guy gets hit, no foul. Paul George gets hit on the arm/wrist on a jumper and misses the rim by 2 feet, no foul. It was nuts.

Tell me about it. And here I was in the game thread getting called out for criticizing the refs too much.

It was REALLY physical with very few calls tonight. Especially when Tyler got horse collar tackled. That was textbook flagrant. Oh well. We won :-)

Coupe
02-07-2013, 06:52 AM
NBA headline is the thunder with 6 Wins in a row at home...

Give us a damn break

Coopdog23
02-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Pacers are the hottest team in the NBA right now

Pacer Fan
02-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Pacers seemed to coast through this game for the most part. Seemed they flipped that switch later in the game. Pretty impressive game in that respect.

Refs need to go back to school. Not sure what they was doing out there.

Ace E.Anderson
02-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Pacers are the hottest team in the NBA right now

The Spurs are the hottest team in the NBA right now...

11 in a row I do believe

Ace E.Anderson
02-07-2013, 08:41 AM
We were an overtime loss against a very good home team and a call the NBA admitted they screwed up away from 3-1 on that road trip.

We still lost those games though. This stretch is DAMN impressive (back to back to back!!) but we kinda needed this hot streak in order to offset that 3 game losing streak. We were in 5th place in the east just a few days ago, and as we move forward we HAVE to shore up this road record.

But let's not focus on the negative and enjoy the positive for a while; this team deserves some high praise with the way they've been playing in their last 5 games (6 games if you were encouraged by the loss in DEN).

Unclebuck
02-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Why do we seem to need national media recognition? Isn't it enough to just be a fan of a really good team.

OK, I decided to look and see if there were other dates to to re-schedule the Pacers vs Bulls. There was no other date for the rest of the season where they could have re-scheduled the game and not force one of the teams to play 3 in 3.

Bulls play at the pacers on Sunday March 3rd. Certainly they could have played the following night in Indy. But that would have given the Bulls three games in a row, plus I don't ever remember teams playing back to back against eachother both at the same location.

both teams are off the 11th and 12th, but the Bulls are between playing in LA and Sac-town - so that is out.

The next date is 3/20, but that would have been even worse for the pacers. back to back to back, plus 5 games in 6 days. So that is out

Those are the only 3 possibilities in March

April - there is nothing at all. Unless you want either 3 or 4 straight days of games for one or the other and worse travel than this past Monday

Botton-line. Don't cancel games in the NBA unles you have to and IMO they didn't need to cancel the game on the 26th.

Cousy47
02-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Tell me about it. And here I was in the game thread getting called out for criticizing the refs too much.

It was REALLY physical with very few calls tonight. Especially when Tyler got horse collar tackled. That was textbook flagrant. Oh well. We won :-)
I know I'm a homer and a Tyler fan, but if the refs don't start calling games differently, Hans is going to get hurt badly. Every team head hunts on him and the league ignores it. This is not going to end well.

Unclebuck
02-07-2013, 09:33 AM
here are some nice quotes from the Sixers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130207_Pacers_pound_their_way_to_win_over_Sixers .html

Pacers pound their way to win over Sixers

... But the Pacers are tough, deep and play relentless defense. And, when you're as good as the Pacers (31-19), you can do all those things even if a hint of fatigue creeps throughout your team.
"They are really good," said Jrue Holiday, who finished 7-for-22 from the floor for 19 points to go along with six rebounds, five turnovers and four assists. "They play within themselves. I think everybody knows their role and they share the ball really well. Just a really solid team, defensively and offensively."

The Pacers offense wasn't as sharp as it has been, as their outside shooting wasn't there (only 18-for-46 outside the paint).

But they were able to bull their way to the basket when needed and outscored the Sixers, 19-5, at the foul line.
Indiana's defense, among the best in the NBA, was spot-on as the Pacers' length rarely allowed the Sixers an open look, and their physicality pushed an already suspect low-post offense even farther from the basket.

"They are physical, that's who they are," said Collins, whose team dropped to 21-27. "Early in the game, I just kept telling our guys to get the ball up the floor quickly, please push the ball up the floor, get some early offense. We dribbled the ball too much tonight, did not move the ball side-to-side. They can get you in the mud, and that's what they did. They got us where we just stood around. They threw the ball in the post and pound you either with [Roy] Hibbert [18 points, 14 rebounds] or [Tyler] Hansbrough or [Paul] George [15 points, six assists] or David West [15 points].

Trader Joe
02-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Win-dianapolis.

I like it.

With the way the major sports teams in the state have rolled up victories this year, might as well go with Win-diana. Besides the fact they are the Indiana Pacers of course.

Anthem
02-07-2013, 09:48 AM
We dribbled the ball too much tonight, did not move the ball side-to-side. They can get you in the mud, and that's what they did. They got us where we just stood around.
What a great description of the Pacers' defense. I think Collins is done as a coach, but he sure does know the game.

Johanvil
02-07-2013, 10:06 AM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/02/07/pacers-thrive-grow-in-3-in-3-test/?ls=iref:nbahpts

Maybe the Indiana Pacers thrived this week where other NBA teams might not have survived by playing mental tricks with themselves: They weren’t playing three games in three nights, really – they were just playing a couple of back-to-back’s all squished together.

Maybe the Pacers beat the Bulls, the Hawks and the 76ers in rapid succession Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday – three victories in fewer hours than any other team in the league this season – because of the motivation they drew from persecution and paranoia. Let Indiana deal with three in a row. Who’ll notice? So the Pacers played 144 minutes while balancing chips on their shoulders and turned perceived disrespect into something distinctive.
Or maybe the Pacers simply met the latest challenge thrown at them, grew in the process and will be better off for it going forward. Sounded a little like that, from guard George Hill’s postgame comments in Philly.
“I don’t think anyone expected us to go 3-0 when this thing was put in place” Hill said. “We knew we could do the unthinkable and get the job done. We had the confidence to do it. I just think we wanted it more.”
Well, not exactly, since no one else in the NBA has faced or will face three in three nights this season. That bit of post-lockout nostalgia was dropped on the Pacers after their home game against Chicago Dec. 26 was postponed by a snowstorm (both teams were present for that night’s game but Indiana’s front office was worried about fans traveling to/from Bankers Life Fieldhouse, and the league agreed).

The Pacers felt there were enough other seams in their and the Bulls’ schedules that the NBA need not have stuck the make-up game immediately in front of the home-road couplet against Atlanta and Philadelphia. The coaches and players, however, didn’t get a vote. So the former tried to downplay it, lest it loom large as an ordeal. The latter felt a little sorry for themselves but mostly got busy.
The result? Three victories in about 50 hours and a season-best five-game winning streak. Two at the Fieldhouse to run their home record to 20-3, then a roadie that gets them back to Indy for nine of their next 11 games.
Indiana won each game by 10 or more points. It shot 52.7 percent against Chicago, scored a season-high 114 points on Atlanta and (while shooting a rubber-legged 39 percent) held Philadelphia to just 69 points. No Joakim Noah or Derrick Rose, no Lou Williams or Zaza Pachulia and Thaddeus Young or Andrew Bynum? Well, no one was feeling sorry for the Pacers either.

Paul George played nearly 124 minutes in the three games, amassing 65 points, 21 rebounds and 16 assists, and both David West and Hill cracked the 100-minute mark.
Obviously, the Pacers wouldn’t have chosen to put themselves through this relative ordeal. But coach Frank Vogel deserves credit for treating it merely as a freakish back-to-back – with two tails – and bonus points for using a clip from the 1989 movie “Major League” to motivate his squad.

That’s way better that than slicing-and-dicing “Hoosiers” for the zillionth time in a basketball locker room. (It’s not clear if he used this clip, since NBA schedule-meister Matt Winick or commish David Stern would not have made for attractive cardboard cutouts.)

Now that they’re through with it, the Pacers can draw inspiration from having stuck their landing. Things are looking up, with George’s breakout as an East All-Star and forward Danny Granger’s imminent return from a season-long knee injury. After this, the players will have a reservoir of confidence to draw from when they feel picked on or disrespected. Like, for instance, when some playoff whistles stack up in Miami’s or Chicago’s favor.
“I guess we have to earn respect,” Hill told the Indianapolis Star. “We’re fine with that. We’re used to being the underdog. Playing that way gives us motivation and a chip on our shoulder. It also forces people to rethink what they do to us.”

Trader Joe
02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Vogel apparently showed a clip from major league last night to motivate the team before the game LOL

3rdStrike
02-07-2013, 10:15 AM

Seriously! The Pacers are getting a ton of love right now. Can't blame the media for being unsure of them even a month ago, considering the shaky start, terrible offensive production and the lack of Granger. Once Paul George established himself as consistent (and thus an All Star), it became a lot easier to predict long term success for this team. ESPN has been giving a lot of love to Paul George, Lance Stephenson and David West lately.

Good to have a chip on our shoulder but let's call it like it is.

Unclebuck
02-07-2013, 10:31 AM
What a great description of the Pacers' defense. I think Collins is done as a coach, but he sure does know the game.

That is one of the goals of the Pacers defense and this style of defense in general. You want to try to cut down on ball movement and player movement, force the offensive team to go one-on-one. Don't want your defense to get out of whack, out of position, so they can rebound and always be in help position. Force the offense to take contested long range twos with the shock clock. Downside is this defense will never force a lot of turnovers. it won't speed up the game.

On the other ghand you have defenses that traps, double team, switch and in general try to cause havoc. This style will certainly force more turnovers, but also this style will force the offense to move the ball and use a lot of player movement. Really good and experiences teams that pass the ball well will general tear this defense up.

Johanvil
02-07-2013, 10:36 AM
“By them scheduling the games like that, it just shows the respect we get,” Pacers point guard George Hill bluntly said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013130206035

Pacergeek
02-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Not taking anything away from our guys' effort, but we were fortunate that Philly didn't really show up. I mean these bad teams like Orlando have been playing well against us when they are home. Hawes, who has given us problems in the past, had a poor game. Turner was atrocious. Nick Young was also cold.

Unclebuck
02-07-2013, 11:02 AM
“By them scheduling the games like that, it just shows the respect we get,” Pacers point guard George Hill bluntly said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013130206035

I have no problem if that motivates Hill and the rest of the team. But really that is a silly comment. So if the NBA really did respect the Pacers, they would have scheduled the game when? There was no other better time.

Looking at the schedules for the two teams, there was no other better time, there were times when it wsas just as good, but I'm sure the NBA wanted to re-schedule the game as soon as possible

Since86
02-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Philly showed up, but they had the door slammed in their face. Roy getting 3 blocks within the first couple of minutes was huge.

TinManJoshua
02-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I think Collins is done as a coach, but he sure does know the game.

I only refer to him as Coach Old Man. Cause hes' an Old *** Man.

It's not like the game has passed him by tactically, and he's not a fossil of a coaching style long gone(like Sloan or Brown) he's just old.

Peck
02-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Not taking anything away from our guys' effort, but we were fortunate that Philly didn't really show up. I mean these bad teams like Orlando have been playing well against us when they are home. Hawes, who has given us problems in the past, had a poor game. Turner was atrocious. Nick Young was also cold.

Normally I'm the first person to say that a team just had an off night, but in this case I think that takes away from the fact that they didn't just have an off night. They were taken out of the game by the Pacers. Turner was atrocious but a lot of that had to do with Paul George guarding him, Nick Young couldn't shake Lance and Hawes was shell shocked by Roy's sudden outburst of being a center.

No, IMO, this game was on the Pacers.

Johanvil
02-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I have no problem if that motivates Hill and the rest of the team. But really that is a silly comment. So if the NBA really did respect the Pacers, they would have scheduled the game when? There was no other better time.

Looking at the schedules for the two teams, there was no other better time, there were times when it wsas just as good, but I'm sure the NBA wanted to re-schedule the game as soon as possible

Roy said yesterday after the match there were some dates in March. Pretty sure I read it on some report today too. Haven't checked myself the teams' schedule tbh.

Anthem
02-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Normally I'm the first person to say that a team just had an off night, but in this case I think that takes away from the fact that they didn't just have an off night. They were taken out of the game by the Pacers. Turner was atrocious but a lot of that had to do with Paul George guarding him, Nick Young couldn't shake Lance and Hawes was shell shocked by Roy's sudden outburst of being a center.

No, IMO, this game was on the Pacers.
But Turner is a quick little guard. Is it really fair to make Paul George guard him? Wouldn't it make more sense to put Paul George on the opposing three, even if that guy's not the greater offensive threat?

/sarcasm.

Anthem
02-07-2013, 02:14 PM
The result? Three victories in about 50 hours
That is pretty darn impressive.

Paul George played nearly 124 minutes in the three games, amassing 65 points, 21 rebounds and 16 assists, and both David West and Hill cracked the 100-minute mark.
And that's just amazing.

Unclebuck
02-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Roy said yesterday after the match there were some dates in March. Pretty sure I read it on some report today too. Haven't checked myself the teams' schedule tbh.

I checked it myself and posted it in two different threads.

There was no "better time". there was no holes in the schedule where one team wouldn't have been playing 3 straight - unless you want the Bulls to fly from LA to Indy and then back out to Sac-town with 3 games in 4 nights. (although I didn't check to confirm that BLF was available for that day

In fact it is in this thread Post #45

Foul on Smits
02-07-2013, 02:39 PM
It's easy to say after the fact, but the NBA did right. It's tough to plan for something like that. Someone will get screwed no matter what.

Since86
02-07-2013, 02:53 PM
It's easy to say after the fact, but the NBA did right. It's tough to plan for something like that. Someone will get screwed no matter what.

Roy even said as much. The point is "why us, and not them?"

During an 82 game season, stupid petty things are going to be used to manufacture energy. This was one of those times. Is it dumb? Yep. Did it work? Yep. Would I like to see Frank use just as petty and stupid reason later on in the season? You betcha.

Trader Joe
02-07-2013, 03:01 PM
I hope the Pacers stay pissed at the Bulls for the rest of this season. No love lost baby.

Hicks
02-07-2013, 03:02 PM
I checked it myself and posted it in two different threads.

There was no "better time". there was no holes in the schedule where one team wouldn't have been playing 3 straight - unless you want the Bulls to fly from LA to Indy and then back out to Sac-town with 3 games in 4 nights. (although I didn't check to confirm that BLF was available for that day

In fact it is in this thread Post #45

Yes, there was. The one where we'd host the Bulls two nights in a row. Either we got screwed, or they were going to get screwed. The NBA decided to make it harder on us and easier on Chicago. Now that means the NBA was in a no-win scenario with regards to somebody being mad at them, but it's not wrong for Indiana to feel like they got thrown under the bus a little bit because it could have gone the other way just as easily.