PDA

View Full Version : Back to Back to Back Post Game Thread

owl
02-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Huge accomplishment.

Mad-Mad-Mario
02-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Roy seems a bit angry about it. LOL

What was the record for sweeping back to back to backs last year. If anybody knows?

Shade
We just won a "schedule loss" game by 19 points. On the road, no less.

Damn impressive.

Eddie Gill
Schedule loss.

vnzla81
02-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Best game of the season, no really but it was impressive :)

rock747
Roy had some interesting comments there at the end of the game.... wonder what the NBA will think of that? Awesome, nonetheless.

Pacerized
Has no other team won a back to back to back this year?

hoosierguy
02-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Roy is going to lift some weights and play some video games. Sounds like a good plan.

Mad-Mad-Mario

Nobody else had to even play one

Heisenberg

no other team even has one scheduled

Shade

No other team has one this year.

Mad-Mad-Mario
02-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Oh on the plus side the Wizards are about to beat the Knicks. So we will only be a 1.5 games back. With the next 5 games at home. One of them being against the Knicks. Hell our one road game this month is in Detroit.

Pace Maker
I know it's selfish, but I've enjoyed watching the Pacers for 3 nights in a row :D

Anyways, great win hopefully we take care of business on Friday too

Mr_Smith
roy is going to the sixers weight room and lift some weights....lol

Ace E.Anderson
02-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Very impressed and intrigued by this team. This was a GREAT way to respond to a rather disappointing west coast road trip. Undefeated in February baby!!

Heisenberg
02-06-2013, 09:10 PM
we won all 3 by double digits

Pacerized
02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
I didn't realize that no other team even had 3 in a row scheduled this year. 4 out of 5 is going to be tough but I have faith.

NY, and the Nets are losing right now.

PaceBalls
02-06-2013, 09:11 PM
lmao @ Roy's interview... going to go lift weights after the game huh? :laugh:

Man do the Sixers suck, they looked like they were the ones playing 3 games in a row. They did not care one bit about this game. Coach Collins must be ready to retire. Zero heart from that team.

Anthem
02-06-2013, 09:12 PM
It really seems like Vogel has gone away from the platoon system over the past half-dozen games. You see Tyler between Roy and PG, you see Mahinmi with West, you see DJ playing with the starters, all kinds of things. I like it a TON better than the "play the bench together" approach, and I think the elimination of the bench scoring droughts is a big reason for our sudden offensive improvement.

Do you guys think he's doing it to get ready for Danny's return, or because the guys are starting to get comfortable enough with each other that he can mix and match more freely? Are there other possible reasons?

Mad-Mad-Mario
02-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Knicks have lost, and the Rockets are making a run on the Heat

vnzla81
02-06-2013, 09:14 PM

No other team has one this year. :)

Mac_Daddy
02-06-2013, 09:15 PM
What did Hibbert say in the postgame? I definitely just walked out of the room.

Mad-Mad-Mario
02-06-2013, 09:15 PM
It really seems like Vogel has gone away from the platoon system over the past half-dozen games. You see Tyler between Roy and PG, you see Mahinmi with West, you see DJ playing with the starters, all kinds of things. I like it a TON better than the "play the bench together" approach, and I think the elimination of the bench scoring droughts is a big reason for our sudden offensive improvement.

Do you guys think he's doing it to get ready for Danny's return, or because the guys are starting to get comfortable enough with each other that he can mix and match more freely? Are there other possible reasons?

I think it has to just be the guys have had enough time to get these rotations worked out. Gotta remember this year was his first training camp and he was trying to integrate what 4 new guys into the offense. GG of course failing miserably to integrate.

PaceBalls
02-06-2013, 09:17 PM
What do you guys think about Coach Vogel forcing Roy to play the full 1st quarters of recent games? I like it, I think it will pay dividends in the playoffs when players are extremely worn out and tired. Get him used to playing tired now.

Lord Helmet
Commented on his offensive struggles, again said it's not a question of work ethic, and that he's going to go lift weights in the Sixers weight room.

Sounded pretty mad the NBA chose to give us the 3 games in a row, said the NBA could have scheduled the Bulls game in March, but then that would have given the Bulls 4 games in 5 nights.

Asked if he was going to nap soon, and said no, going to lift, then play some video games. :laugh:

Anthem
Multiple gems. Apparently Vogel got the whole team worked up about the league giving the Pacers a b2b2b when they could have scheduled it in March where it could have been fair for both teams. He talked about coach V sitting him down and giving him "The Talk." Brooke asked if he was gonna sleep in the plane on the way home, and he said he was gonna play video games. Funny interview.

Anthem
02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
What do you guys think about Coach Vogel forcing Roy to play the full 1st quarters of recent games? I like it, I think it will pay dividends in the playoffs when players are extremely worn out and tired. Get him used to playing tired now.
I think part of the idea is to keep him out there so he can continue to go to work as a primary offensive option with the bench.

Heisenberg
02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Roy can say what he wants, that dude's taking a nap. The whole team is.

Anthem
GG of course failing miserably to integrate.
At this point I think there's something else going on. Dunno what it is, whether there's a discipline issue or an injury issue, but it's more than just benching a guy who's playing badly.

Stuckey7370
Multiple gems. Apparently Vogel got the whole team worked up about the league giving the Pacers a b2b2b when they could have scheduled it in March where it could have been fair for both teams. He talked about coach V sitting him down and giving him "The Talk." Brooke asked if he was gonna sleep in the plane on the way home, and he said he was gonna play video games. Funny interview.

I hope it gets posted online somewhere. I could watch it 20 times and still laugh nonstop.

vnzla81
lmao @ Roy's interview... going to go lift weights after the game huh? :laugh:

Man do the Sixers suck, they looked like they were the ones playing 3 games in a row. They did not care one bit about this game. Coach Collins must be ready to retire. Zero heart from that team.

I expect Collins to get fired, he is similar to Larry Brown.

D-BONE
02-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Just lovin' this stretch. What more needs to be said? Other than keep the train a - rollin'.

Mac_Daddy
02-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Commented on his offensive struggles, again said it's not a question of work ethic, and that he's going to go lift weights in the Sixers weight room.

Sounded pretty mad the NBA chose to give us the 3 games in a row, said the NBA could have scheduled the Bulls game in March, but then that would have given the Bulls 4 games in 5 nights.

Asked if he was going to nap soon, and said no, going to lift, then play some video games. :laugh:

Haha, nice. I hope the guys get the day off tomorrow. Or at least a light practice.

dohman
02-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Omg 5 game win streak!

graphic-er
02-06-2013, 09:24 PM
This game was big time for the standings, a loss tonight would have essentially made the previous two games a wash when your main competition in the standings is playing too.

Pacers got back to playing that stifling defense, good to see.

Roy Hibbert with a break out game, I think he carries it over to Friday night because Toronto has nobody to stop him.

aceace
02-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Omg 5 game win streak!... and the next 5 at home or 7 of the next 8. Should be rested and ready.

Pacerized
02-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Houston made a good run but it looks like Miami has it under control now. At least we made up ground on NY

cgg
02-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Houston made a good run but it looks like Miami has it under control now. At least we made up ground on NY

Maybe not.

Pacerized
02-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Maybe not.

I'm impressed. Maybe

BlueCollarColts
02-06-2013, 09:49 PM
what did Roy Hibbert say? Can anyone tell me?

TheDon
02-06-2013, 09:53 PM

Yeah I really liked that interview, definitely sort of an FU to the league and talking about what was kind of becoming the pink elephant in the room his contract/poor play. I really hope that this was the game that turned everything around for him, granted he still didn't shoot very well percentage wise but hell I'll take it at least he was a factor offensively that needed to be considered by the other team defensively.

Pacerized
02-06-2013, 09:53 PM
what did Roy Hibbert say? Can anyone tell me?

Lord Helmet posted a recap on page 1

Pacerized
02-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Houston down 3 and they get 2 charging calls against them in the final 1.5 minutes.

LetsTalkPacers84
02-06-2013, 10:00 PM
:applaud:

TheDon
02-06-2013, 10:02 PM
bah, and the pistons snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...stupid sucky pistons :tongue:

Unclebuck
02-06-2013, 10:03 PM
This is probably the most impressive victory of the season, but Friday night scares me. Talk about a letdown game. They put so much into these three games

Cactus Jax
02-06-2013, 10:06 PM
This is probably the most impressive victory of the season, but Friday night scares me. Talk about a eat down game. They put so much into these three games

I agree, Friday could be a trap game...

Day-V
02-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Friday night scares me. Talk about a eat down game.

Sounds delicious.

Mad-Mad-Mario
02-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I don't care about the guys below us in the schedule. I am confident this team can win more games going down the stretch than the Nets and Bulls. Ever since George started playing like an allstar we have been winning over 66% of our games. And we have a what 18 home games as opposed to 14 home games left. That bodes very well for us. Especially with Granger coming back hopefully helping us win those road games.

I really think we have a real chance to snag the #1 seed.

pizza guy
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Big win. Definitely had one of these three counted as a loss. And to win them all in this fashion is amazing. Pacers are playing great ball. Nice to see Roy playing better. Gotta keep building on this momentum.

boombaby1987
02-06-2013, 10:20 PM
I was shocked when I looked at the Box Score and saw Roy was 8/20. Ill take the points though I guess.

Mad-Mad-Mario
02-06-2013, 10:22 PM
I was shocked when I looked at the Box Score and saw Roy was 8/20. Ill take the points though I guess.

I thought he was 8 of 14 at one time. Did he really miss 6 straight shots?

cgg
02-06-2013, 10:25 PM
I thought he was 8 of 14 at one time. Did he really miss 6 straight shots?

Well I know the last one was a 3...

cgg
02-06-2013, 10:26 PM
And there's the plays he gets his own rebound.

McKeyFan
02-06-2013, 10:27 PM

I don't think it's rocket science. Clearly the platoon thing wasn't working, so he is placing the subs with a couple of starters. It's working.

Once again, Vogel, after a period of time, is willing and able to make the adjustment.

Anthem
02-06-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't think it's rocket science. Clearly the platoon thing wasn't working, so he is placing the subs with a couple of starters. It's working.

Once again, Vogel, after a period of time, is willing and able to make the adjustment.
This adjustment took a long time. I hope he keeps to it.

cinotimz
02-06-2013, 10:29 PM
This is probably the most impressive victory of the season, but Friday night scares me. Talk about a letdown game. They put so much into these three games

Yea....if ever there was a trap game.....

Sparhawk
02-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Really wish I could have seen the game or at least watched gamecast or NBA.com. However, just about every site shafted the Pacers vs 76ers game!! Not cool. At all.

Roy 8-20. I guess that's an improvement, but still pretty ugly. He's hitting the wait room, but someone show him how to make a put back shot or grab the rebound and just kick it out.

Glad for the win.

76ers just aren't that good if they don't have Young and Bynum. I didn't even think Young is THAT good a player to make that much of a difference. Jrue and Turner just aren't difference makers. If the Pacers lost Hibbert along with Granger, I'd still say this team has a good chance to win most nights. Can't say that about the 76ers. Of course, the Pacers have Vogel and the 76ers have Collins....

Sparhawk
02-06-2013, 10:43 PM
I too am glad that bench together experiment is over. At least I pray that it is.

Vogel isn't always quick to make changes, but at least he's not stubborn to the point that it hurts the team. He's willing to learn and adjust. That makes for a great coach.

Foul on Smits
02-06-2013, 10:46 PM

ROFL ROY amazing stuff.

daschysta
02-06-2013, 10:53 PM
ROFL ROY amazing stuff.

Despite the off shooting night (he was clearly exhausted) George continues to exhibit a greater and greater ability to get to the line, perhaps the refs are starting to give him his due?

8-9-8 free throws per game for the last 3. Even if he can just get there 6 times per night consistently he's a 20+ ppg guy.

Pacemaker
02-06-2013, 10:53 PM
I'm going to lift some weights too! Wait for me ROY!:D

boombaby1987
02-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Really wish I could have seen the game or at least watched gamecast or NBA.com. However, just about every site shafted the Pacers vs 76ers game!! Not cool. At all.

Roy 8-20. I guess that's an improvement, but still pretty ugly. He's hitting the wait room, but someone show him how to make a put back shot or grab the rebound and just kick it out.

Glad for the win.

76ers just aren't that good if they don't have Young and Bynum. I didn't even think Young is THAT good a player to make that much of a difference. Jrue and Turner just aren't difference makers. If the Pacers lost Hibbert along with Granger, I'd still say this team has a good chance to win most nights. Can't say that about the 76ers. Of course, the Pacers have Vogel and the 76ers have Collins....

What's he waiting for?:devil:

PacersPride
02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm going to lift some weights too! Wait for me ROY!:D

haha.. htat was some funny stuff from Big Roy. i think he still reads PD

one day Big Roy we may be chanting your name for MVP big fella. Dick Vitale's Big D's of life

DESIRE.DEDICATION. DETERMINATION. DISCIPLINE.

vnzla81
02-06-2013, 11:02 PM

Glad for the win.

Jason Richardson is out for the year too, they should just sign Iverson lol

DGPR
02-06-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm really proud of the way the team played tonight. If they would have gone to Philly and laid an egg I don't think anybody would have thought less of them but instead they blew them out. Roy looked miles better than he has the whole season, hopefully this game gets him going a little bit.

ECKrueger
02-06-2013, 11:09 PM
On the NBA.com highlight, the scoreboard in Philly was out. I wonder if that had any thing to do with the lack of stats for this game?

Richard_Skull
02-06-2013, 11:55 PM

I think Frank is doing it to build mental toughness in Hibbert. Anyone who's been on a team (in whatever sport) that has had a coach push you to perform even after you're exhausted knows this. IMO, this will be great for Hibbert, and will help him get back and play well in the playoffs.

Nuntius
02-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Roy Hibbert with a break out game, I think he carries it over to Friday night because Toronto has nobody to stop him.

Jonas Valanciunas can certainly stop him. He's a good defender. But he just returned from injury and I don't know if he is going to be able to play a lot.

Hamed Haddadi can also contain Roy. But his visa situation is not resolved yet and the Raptors could cut him.

Trader Joe
02-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Vogel got his 93rd career win tonight as head coach. Closing in on a c-note. Amazing.

BornReady
02-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Jonas Valanciunas can certainly stop him. He's a good defender. But he just returned from injury and I don't know if he is going to be able to play a lot.

Hamed Haddadi can also contain Roy. But his visa situation is not resolved yet and the Raptors could cut him.

Mmm nah I don't think Haddidi has anything on Roy. Dude is not NBA material.

ThA HoyA
02-07-2013, 12:25 AM
On the NBA.com highlight, the scoreboard in Philly was out. I wonder if that had any thing to do with the lack of stats for this game?

Thats exactly what it was the whole game they didn't show any stats or anything and Chris denari commented saying they didn't have stats either, so it was an odd game to watch because you really had to pay attention to who was playing well. I actually didn't even realize how huge of a game Roy had until I read the box score

pacer4ever
02-07-2013, 12:35 AM

Haddadi doesn't play for TOR. Iran and Candana aren't friends so his work visa wouldn't be cleared there.

He isn't good anyway kind of like Plumlee will probably stick around awhile because he is 7ft but he is bad.

Eddie Gill
02-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Totally off-topic, but if I was Danny Granger, I'd be begging Frank to at least let me wear warmups - I can't imagine sitting in a suit is more comfortable.

Heisenberg
02-07-2013, 01:37 AM
During the Collins's post game presser a reporter said "you guys played some zone tonight..." and Collins cut him off and said "we didn't play any zone. it just looked like it because we were standing around so much."

imawhat
02-07-2013, 01:42 AM
During the Collins's post game presser a reporter said "you guys played some zone tonight..." and Collins cut him off and said "we didn't play any zone. it just looked like it because we were standing around so much."

:laugh:

mattie
02-07-2013, 01:43 AM
I wish Roy wouldn't read PD. Some of you guys are brutal when talking about him lol

gummy
02-07-2013, 03:47 AM
Well Hibbert's last shot was a garbage time, just for fun three. So I am willing to consider it an 8-19 night. Still not a great percentage for his position, but what I liked about Hibbert tonight is that he played excellent defense, rebounded very well, and most impressively on the third night of a back to back, the big man fought hard. He looked completely gassed one moment and a minute later he's throwing a gorgeous alley-oop to PG from way out. It's the most aggressive I've seen him over the course of a whole game this season.

18 points, 14 rebounds, 5 blocks, 2 steals, no turnovers and no fouls? Uh, yeah I'll take it. ;)

As I was watching this game at one point I wondered - is there a better passing PF/C tandem in the league than West/Hibbert?

Johanvil
02-07-2013, 10:33 AM

Agree. Could be a potential banana skin but Frank should remind them that one of our 3 home defeats was against them and also the way we lost that game in the 4th quarter (Toronto only scored 5 points in that). We were, in some way, yesterday's Sixers back then cause Toronto were coming off a back to back game and their last one had a double overtime I think.

vnzla81
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Totally off-topic, but if I was Danny Granger, I'd be begging Frank to at least let me wear warmups - I can't imagine sitting in a suit is more comfortable.

Frank doesn't want to do that to some PD people coughpeck.. cough... cough... :)