PDA

View Full Version : All-Star

BigDawg44
02-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Isnt it about time the All-Star weekend came to Indy? It seems it has gone to every other NBA city, when is it gonna come here!?!?!?! Is it the ratings or ticket sales they are worried about? The NCAA obviously wasnt worried about that! I am growing anxious!

Roaming Gnome
02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Donnie has said a number of times that they (the Pacers) have no interest in bringing the All-Star game to Indy. Just way too much work and expense with no benefit to the franchise.

Yeah, remember a couple years ago when the game was in Philly and there was a big argument over who should have the right to purchase tickets? The league told Phily's ownership that the game was a league showcase, and not necessarily available to all season ticket holders of the 76'ers. I don't remember the numbers, but the tickets that were available to the season ticket holders was not very many.

BigDawg44
02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
details. besides who cares what he thinks, bird is the one in charge now.

jk

ChicagoJ
02-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Part of thier reasoning is this: the NBA gives most of the ASG tickets to its corporate partners. This means: not many tickets for the season ticket holders and virtually no tickets available to the public; and none of those corporate partners really want to come to Indpls. in February.

MSA2CF
02-16-2004, 10:48 PM
I really don't care how much money the team makes. The team should do it for the city. All the fans coming here will help "boost" the "economy" somewhat. I want to see the All Star Game here and I was going to start a thread just like this lol. I mean, why not? "Just a lil hahd woik.." wah wah wah...Do it for the the city and your fans.

Hicks
02-16-2004, 10:57 PM
I really don't care how much money the team makes. The team should do it for the city. All the fans coming here will help "boost" the "economy" somewhat. I want to see the All Star Game here and I was going to start a thread just like this lol. I mean, why not? "Just a lil hahd woik.." wah wah wah...Do it for the the city and your fans.

The thing is, only a couple thousand hoosiers at best would get to go to the game. Most of the tickets are gobbled up by corprorates (courtesy of the NBA), and there's always national visitors.

Unclebuck
02-16-2004, 11:55 PM
And you know all the media types and celebrities would complain about the weather. So I have no interest in having the allstar game.

I am interested in having the NBA Finals again.