PDA

View Full Version : What teams are your loved ones a fan of?

geetee
12-15-2004, 05:47 AM
My spouse is a huge Maverick fan and I have to battle for the big screen when the Pacers and Mav's play at the same time.

It started out innocent enough when I got League pass and was able to watch all the Pacer games with no challenges. However, the spuose started following the Mavs and now I have competition for the remote.

Does anyone else have this problem or do all your loved ones worship the Pacers as much as you do?

grace
12-15-2004, 02:16 PM
The brother we never talk about is Laker fan. No matter how many times he's been talked to I don't think he's changed his mind. I'm not sure how he feels since Kobe dismantled the team. I don't ever bring it up.

In his defense we moved here when he was nine and then he left the state at 18 to go to college. He hasn't lived here since. (For those of you who don't know how old he is: He's been gone almost as long as Kstat's been alive.)

pb777
12-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Thank God my fiance' is a Pacers fan!

Cactus Jax
12-15-2004, 02:40 PM
My brother is a big T-Wolves fan, shortly after I became a Pacers fan. Luckily we have our own TV's so it doesn't become an issue ever.

Fool
12-15-2004, 02:46 PM
My sister is a Michigan State fan. I graduated from and work at Michigan.

FiestyFosterFanatic
12-15-2004, 02:55 PM
My whole family is Pacer and IU basketball fans.

PacerCrazy
12-15-2004, 03:25 PM
My wife is a Die hard Purdue fan and it kills me. She is down here at IU down and has been for 2 years but she can't let her 1 year at purdue die. I am constantly buying her IU stuff to slowly start brainwashing her. It might take a few more years!

Kstat
12-15-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm a huge U. Michigan fan.

Father was a Michigan State fan.

Brother is a Michigan State fan.

Me and my brother barely even talk to each other on the annual UM-MSU game.....

stipo
12-15-2004, 03:37 PM
My brother moved to L.A. two or three years ago and became a Laker fan (although still interested in the Pacers). The worst part of it is he's always been a fan of Kobe. I don't bring it up this year, I figure he's probably embarrassed. :laugh:

Sand
12-15-2004, 03:42 PM
My oldest brother is a Lakers fan (a true one, hes been with them since hes a kid, so i respect it atleast).

My older brother was a Knicks fan, he doesn't really follow basketball anymore (i wonder why?).

dannyboy
12-15-2004, 04:18 PM
My girlfriend roots for her hometown Houston Rockets (My favorite TX team is the Spurs). I make fun of the Rockets around her alot (when I really get on her nerves, she plays the "two NBA championships to zero" card).

I don't think she cares one way or the other about the Pacers. Since the brawl, however, she has been somewhat rooting for them (she was more upset about the suspension lengths than I was).

sweabs
12-15-2004, 04:42 PM
My Dad is a pretty big Raptors fan. Friday's game should be fun - full of some friendly trashtalking throughout the house. Actually, I might be watching that game with Louisville.

DrBadd01
12-16-2004, 10:47 AM
May cousins are all HUGE Jazz fans. Come to think of it pretty much everyone in my family are Jazz fans except for me.

3Ball
12-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Interesting question! Most of my family is in Texas, so they're pretty well split between the Mav and the Spurs. It's actually kind of nice. They're in the West, so it only effects me a couple of times per year. And I can have these secondary teams (both of which are pretty good) that I can follow.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2004, 11:26 AM
My family loves the Pacers...I love Sacramento. That means it's usually 4 on 1. Luckily, everyone is usually doing something so most of the time I get to watch Sacto play.

BigMac
12-16-2004, 11:38 AM
If someone in my family is not a Pacers fan then I disown them and no longer have them as family members!

:)

able
12-16-2004, 11:53 AM
If someone in my family is not a Pacers fan then I disown them and no longer have them as family members!

:)

hear hear :bowdown:

Los Angeles
12-16-2004, 12:03 PM
My wife was born in Detroit. But doesn't really follow sports, other than occasionally liking to go to games. And yes, after we lost to Detroit last year, I rooted for them. I always root for the underdog, and the entire EC was the underdog (plus I openly, unconditionally, and even irrationally hate the Lakers).

My greater family? Rank and file IU Basketball fans. If I had a dollar for everytime I had the "college ball vs NBA - who is better?" conversation, I'd be retired.

ROCislandWarrior
12-16-2004, 12:27 PM
My father is a Bucks fan.

My eldest younger brother is a Magic fan.

My youngest brother is a LAKER fan :(

And the middle one, well the middle one likes Pantera

LAPacer
12-16-2004, 02:43 PM
My wife's side of the family (which is huge) are mostly laker fans.

My sister-in-law and my parents and of course me... are die hard pacers fans

ChicagoJ
12-16-2004, 03:16 PM
I've killed all the non-Pacers fans.

- wait, was that out loud?

:D