PDA

View Full Version : Arkman, were you at the game

Unclebuck
12-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Were you in Phillips or did the cold weather keep you away, hope you have not gotten that soft after 1 year of living in a warmer climate

arkman40
12-15-2004, 07:35 AM
You couldn't keep me out of there. I was indeed in the building, cheering for the Blue and Gold, loud and proud. It is cold down here, but I'm not that that spoiled yet, as it doesn't feel too bad.

Looking forward to Feb 5.

Grant
12-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Arkman, I'm suprised you were able to get a ticket. I hear that the Hawks jammed Phillips arena last night..........With 7900 people :o.

MagicRat
12-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Arkman, I'm suprised you were able to get a ticket. I hear that the Hawks jammed Phillips arena last night..........With 7900 people :o.
As Boyle said during the post-game show "Before a crowd very generously announced at 7,975 the Pacers defeated the Hawks......"

arkman40
12-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Hawks games are pretty much always a tomb, as far as I can tell. I'd be embarrassed if I were a Hawks fan. Huge metropolitan area, zero support for the pro hoops team. I know basketball is not big down here and the Hawks suck, but still...

MagicRat
12-15-2004, 09:06 AM
As Boyle also said during the game, "This is like playing a game in your living room..."

Grant
12-15-2004, 09:07 AM
I wonder if Al Harrington is having second thoughts right about now. He goes from a team with some of the best fans to a team with some of the worst.

At least he can probably walk down the street without being recognized.

Harddrive7
12-15-2004, 09:48 AM
I wonder if Al Harrington is having second thoughts right about now. He goes from a team with some of the best fans to a team with some of the worst.

I was watching the game last night and heard that exact same conversation going on from a couple of fans in the 20th row behind the Hawks bench. I believe that they were going out for dinner after the game as well, I believe one of the guys said that they were going to Dammons.

It was difficult to understand though because another fan behind them was humming Christmas tunes.