PDA

View Full Version : History?

rabid
12-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know, or have access to, the complete list of Ron Artest's infractions in the league - suspensions, flagrant fouls, technicals, ejections, fines etc. I'd like to see it, just out of curiousity. Mainly because I'd like to compare it to some other players' histories so I can get an objective viewpoint once and for all.

If somebody can point me in the right direction I'm willing to do the research myself; I just don't know where to find this stuff (nba.com certainly doesn't have it - according to them all the players are angels).

This is the Pacers Digest, right? If nobody on here knows where to look, we're in trouble :blush:

rabid
12-14-2004, 01:40 PM
btw already found suspensions (for all players) at:

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/fines.html#03-04

Bball
12-14-2004, 01:42 PM
You can find some listed in the sidebar of this article:
http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0411/23/d01-13749.htm

-Bball

Bball
12-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Artest's problems

Recent infractions by Ron Artest, who has a long history of suspensions and fines:

* Feb. 17, 2004: The Indiana Pacers fine and bench Artest for being a no-show at practice, which he says he missed because of travel problems back from the All-Star Game in Los Angeles.

* March 17: The NBA suspends Artest one game for elbowing Portland's Derek Anderson in the third quarter.

* April 17: The NBA suspends Artest one game for leaving the bench during an altercation in Game 1 of the first round vs. Boston.

* May 24: The NBA fines Artest $10,000 for making an obscene gesture to Detroit fans in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals.

* May 31: Artest misses the team flight to Detroit and shoot-around before Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.

* June: Artest blows off a postseason meeting with Larry Bird, president of basketball operations.

* Nov. 9: Pacers bench Artest two games for "unspecified reasons." He allegedly asked for time off because of a busy schedule, including promoting an R&B album.

* Nov. 21: The NBA suspends Artest the rest of the season for going into the stands to fight Detroit Pistons fans after a melee started on the court.

Source: USA TODAY research

stipo
12-14-2004, 01:54 PM
:meditate:

;)

Bball
12-14-2004, 05:59 PM
That's just 2004 to date? Wow.

And that doesn't include things like the migraines and other questionable medical issues that have been talked 'around the edges' of the official press and the 'inside scoop' types.

That does put some perspective on things. I think some of us have grown a bit used to it and it doesn't resonate as much as maybe it should. Also, he'd previously set the bar so high as far as troubles go that many saw last year as an improvement! :eek:

-Bball

ChicagoJ
12-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Some, but not all, of his pre-Pacers crap is in here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7263

I don't think it includes the famous G-Rob fight. Or when he was restrained by teammates from attacking fans during a game shortly before he was traded, then sent to the lockerroom by Coach Cartwright. Actually, there's a bunch of disruptive stuff he did in Chicago, such as questionable medical issues, that isn't mentioned here, but its still a pretty long list.

Bball
12-14-2004, 06:53 PM
That April 17th issue was a little overblown if I remember it correctly. Didn't he just take a few steps and then return to the bench?

-Bball

ChicagoJ
12-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Very similar to the NYK/ Miami situation that we keep talking about for defining "on the court."

Hicks
12-14-2004, 06:58 PM
The Boston thing last year? Overblown. Btw, I'm not sure if it's been brought up or not, but I don't feel that thing in Portland where he "flipped" a guy over him was a big deal. They were locked up, he pulled, he was stronger, the other guy was lighter, so he flipped, I don't look at that as an "incident".