PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest here

Harddrive7
12-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Does everyone still watch all the Pacer games now as much as they use to? With the same enthusiasm?

I ran into to Geezer a little bit ago and we started talking about this. I mean I loved watching them coming up through the ranks of being that underdog, blue collar team that never got ANY credit to a contender for a title.

Now I feel like we've just been totally robbed and I've started to lose interest and that scares me.

So the question is, does anyone else feel this way? Do you still watch every game from beginning to end? If you do, do you still watch the games with the same enthusiasm?

I'll always be a Pacer fan regardless of where I live or what I do, but right now I find myself not planning my nights around them as I use to.

Ragnar
12-14-2004, 11:49 AM
As far as the same enthusiasm goes probably not. What I mean by that is that if we are down by 10 with 2 minutes to go I dont hold out hope we will win right now. Not with AJ in the game anyway.

I have even broken by own golden rule of not missing even a second of any game. The wife and I went out to dinner before a game and I did not make it back for the start. I made it back for the second quarter but I knew AJ was starting so I had chalked it up to a loss anyway. I still feel bad about it though. (yes I am a sick junkie)

Right now I am just not worrying about the losses, I know we will get Jermaine and Jack back. I know this is good for the players developement of the guys who would otherwise not get any pt. I am worried about the long term affect on Cro.

I did lose a little interest when we signed those other players. It seemed to lose a little of the magic that was in those first four games. Right now I just want to know if Ronnie will be back or not.

Pacersin6
12-14-2004, 11:50 AM
I have probably become an even bigger Pacer fan since the incident. I originally thought that the Pacers might lose 20 of the 25 games that O'Neal was out, so seeing them still compete in every game is encouraging. The Pacers will be a better team because of all this in the future. I agree its not fun watching them lose games, but they are still giviing it their all on a nightly basis. Once Tinsley is back at full strength you'll see the PAcers playing pretty well.

Unclebuck
12-14-2004, 12:02 PM
I am no less a fan and still react the same during the games. But after the game it is easier for me to let it go, chalk it up to the injuries and suspensions.

Howver I did not go to the Kings game Saturday night because I had to go to a Christmas party, well in years past I made up an excuse to get out of "parties" so I could go to the games. I also agreed to compromise Thanksgiving night and not go, and I have not done that in the past either

indygeezer
12-14-2004, 12:05 PM
HD7 and I were talking and for me it's not about the losing, it's about having it taken away from us. I was a diehard even during the worst of times but it's like no matter we cannot win. I'm not a conspiracy buff but it seems like no matter what they are going to find some way of keeping us out of the picture. Maybe I should say Stern is going to keep us out...it's not a conspiracy if one person makes the decision.

Yes, I still watch and I want them to win. I'm especially interested in watching the development of David Harrison, he's going to be a keeper. But I feel like the con on the street that gets pulled i for EVERY lineup, I just know they are going to keep trying until they hang something on me. Well, IMO David Stern has taken us to the electric chair and is jsut waiting for someone to throw the switch. We are innocent and there is nothing we can do about it. Is this how victims of crimes feel? Knowing that the criminal is still out there?

rabid
12-14-2004, 01:06 PM
I still wacth every game, but yeah, the past few games I've been a bit less enthusiastic. The losing streak is actually starting to get pretty depressing. If Tins comes back and we still don't start winning at least a few games we are in very deep trouble.

ChicagoJ
12-14-2004, 01:18 PM
I've got to admit that I've missed portions of some of the recent games - in particular the ones out west.

But Jay's_Dad@Section204 was in Chicago last weekend, and he wanted to watch both games - twice - we actually re-watched the entire Kings game just to evaluate Harrison (loved him) and the impact of not having Tinsley (ugh.) I thought for sure he'd decide to go to bed but since he doesn't know how to run the remote for the TiVo, I got to stay up until the wee hours re-watching the game with him, rewinding for every play we thought was interesting.

So I guess I'm torn. But Dad hasn't missed a single second of play from the shorthanded team and he's been all over me for missing a couple of games. :rolleyes:

indygeezer
12-14-2004, 01:35 PM
yer dad sounds like a great guy....hang onto him.

I miss mine. Even if he would be considered a child beater by today's standards.

TheSauceMaster
12-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Nope I still just a big a fan as I have been , there is a silver lining in every cloud and that's how I choose to look at this season.

rabid
12-14-2004, 02:38 PM
The silver lining for me is that the humanity of these guys has been revealed. And, yes, that's a good thing. I really don't think Ron, J.O. or Jax are bad guys, even if the rest of the league thinks so. But watching how this team responds really puts them in a different light than just 'basketball players' that we go to watch at Conseco or on TV. They're human beings, with real flaws and real qualities.

If anything it gives me a reason to root for these guys on a much more personal level. Then again, that's making it more painful when we lose too...

Hicks
12-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Does everyone still watch all the Pacer games now as much as they use to? With the same enthusiasm?

I ran into to Geezer a little bit ago and we started talking about this. I mean I loved watching them coming up through the ranks of being that underdog, blue collar team that never got ANY credit to a contender for a title.

Now I feel like we've just been totally robbed and I've started to lose interest and that scares me.

So the question is, does anyone else feel this way? Do you still watch every game from beginning to end? If you do, do you still watch the games with the same enthusiasm?

I'll always be a Pacer fan regardless of where I live or what I do, but right now I find myself not planning my nights around them as I use to. I still watch every game. My enthusiasm has been sucked down a lot though. I also feel robbed. I still watch, but it's easier for me to get distracted or zone out the game a little; whereas before I'd almost intensely watch the entire thing.

Doug in CO
12-14-2004, 03:25 PM
I am with Geezer and Hicks - I feel like the season - or at least part of it - has been taken from me. I feel like I am saying 'wait until next year' and I have to live through this one first. I am having a hard time watching - it is just so damn depressing. I think when Tinsley plays i am more enthusiastic because I see so much growth in him. AJ is just tough to take.

Deadshot
12-14-2004, 04:07 PM
I still watch the game - usually Pacers games are the one point in the week where I settle down on the couch and relax. However, its not as fun to watch them when they aren't winning, but I'll hang in there :)

pb777
12-14-2004, 04:12 PM
I still watch every game. My enthusiasm has been sucked down a lot though. I also feel robbed. I still watch, but it's easier for me to get distracted or zone out the game a little; whereas before I'd almost intensely watch the entire thing.I agree. Losing sux and we as Pacers fans are not used to this, especially the year we expected greatness. I just wish someone would take Stern's power away and humiliate him the way he did us.

ABADays
12-14-2004, 05:25 PM
I still watch them. Even if I can't in real time I will record the game to watch when I get home. Like most of you, I feel robbed. But, I am very supportive of the fact that the guys we are putting on the floor fight (well, 90% of the time) and that deserves the support. Sure we have losses but the team hasn't tanked it.

I hope, with all my heart, there is a vengeful attitude when everyone is back and there will be hell to pay for any team we are playing.

One Mission!

indygeezer
12-14-2004, 05:44 PM
I hope, with all my heart, there is a vengeful attitude when everyone is back and there will be hell to pay for any team we are playing.

Maybe that's what I need...a vengeful attitude :D I think I like that. Kinda go back to my roots and let the redneck in me come out..y'all. Suddenly I have the need to put on an Alan Jackson CD and drink a Budweiser.

ALAMO BE DAMMED!!! REMEMBER THE PALACE!!!

Alabama-Redneck
12-14-2004, 05:54 PM

Maybe that's what I need...a vengeful attitude :D I think I like that. Kinda go back to my roots and let the redneck in me come out..y'all. Suddenly I have the need to put on an Alan Jackson CD and drink a Budweiser.

ALAMO BE DAMMED!!! REMEMBER THE PALACE!!!
Ahhh....My kind of people.:D

:cool:

SoupIsGood
12-14-2004, 06:10 PM
I still watch every game, and I don't are who's playing, it stills burns just as bad to lose.

sweabs
12-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Watching any Pacers game on TV is a privilege for me.

I savour every last second - win or lose.

Lord Helmet
12-14-2004, 06:14 PM
ALAMO BE DAMMED!!! REMEMBER THE PALACE!!! :laugh: I still watch every game like I used too.I feel robbed also by the ***** Stern.It pisses me off when I think about the team we could have and how Stern just took them away and basicly said "No, you aren't allowed to win" When J.O. and Jack return watch out and if Ron returns all the NBA will be :shudder:

JOneal7
12-14-2004, 08:06 PM
I think if anything I watch with more enthusiasm now more than ever. I'm into games and I root hard for these boys. With JO and crew it seemed like well we are supposed to win so. It seemed the fans were never really into it. So I think enthusiasm has gone up definetly. And for me It means a lot of games where I'm just so mad after them. lol

geetee
12-15-2004, 06:38 AM
I still watch every game with every bit of enthusiasm as in the past. I still believe they should win every game (with exception of the Kings game in Sactown).

I was thrilled they won tonight. However, I believe the spouse was even more thrilled than me. Evidently my attitude after losses is not the best.

Peck
12-15-2004, 07:15 AM
Hell, this is nothing. I bought my first set of tickets for a team that won 20 some games for a season.

I am a Pacers fan for life. No matter who they take away from us, no matter what some of our players do, no matter what the record is. I go into each & every game with the same hope that at the end of the day we will prevail.

THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL US MAKES US STRONGER

indygeezer
12-15-2004, 07:54 AM
Hell, this is nothing. I bought my first set of tickets for a team that won 20 some games for a season.

I am a Pacers fan for life. No matter who they take away from us, no matter what some of our players do, no matter what the record is. I go into each & every game with the same hope that at the end of the day we will prevail.

THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL US MAKES US STRONGER

Oh I still want to win Peck. HEll I want em to rub the other teams nose so far into the court they'd beg for Artest to come back so we'd let up. But I feel like I've bee raped and the cops don't care. And that makes me feel just a bit more antipathy towards the NBA.

MagicRat
12-15-2004, 07:57 AM
ALAMO BE DAMMED!!! REMEMBER THE PALACE!!! Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that... for one chance... just ONE CHANCE to come back here and tell the commissioner that he may take our players,
but he will never take OUR SEASON!!!http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/braveheart-peck2.jpg

Hicks
12-15-2004, 08:51 AM
:rockon: MagicRat

Alabama-Redneck
12-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that... for one chance... just ONE CHANCE to come back here and tell the commissioner that he may take our players, but he will never take OUR SEASON!!!http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/braveheart-peck2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/braveheart-peck.jpg
My God.....After reading that I was so inspired, I threw open the frontdoor, went out on the front porch and yelled "Pacers Forever". It was then I realized that I did not have any clothes on and it was 19 degrees outside, What a shock to my system and the neighbors.:blush: :o :laugh:

:cool:

grace
12-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that... for one chance... just ONE CHANCE to come back here and tell the commissioner that he may take our players,
but he will never take OUR SEASON!!!http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/braveheart-peck2.jpg

Now there's a sign to have at the Christmas game. Of course Magic Rat would have to change Mel's face. I can't decide who it should be. Ron came to my mind first, but I figured that wouldn't be too popular.

Harddrive7
12-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Actually you could make Mel Ron then the guy to the left JO and to the right Sjax. Maybe a partial reggie or AJ behind Mel.