PDA

View Full Version : Pacer following

Harddrive7
12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Able brought up a very good point in another thread so I thought that instead of hijacking that thread I would start a new one.

Exactly how many fans do you think actually come out to see the Pacers play when we're at someone elses venue?

In other words, when our team was fully intact, would our stars actually bring extra fans to that particular game just because the Pacers were in town?

Would we sell out an arena that would otherwise not sell out if that team were playing a lesser team?

sweabs
12-13-2004, 12:01 PM
When I go to the Palace for Pacers/Pistons games, I usually see about 10-15 other Pacer fans there.

I don't know what the numbers will be like when I go on March.25th...

Anthem
12-13-2004, 12:41 PM
There were a lot at Golden State.

LouisvilleLip
12-13-2004, 12:42 PM
When I go to Toronto to see a Pacer game there are usually 15-20 pacer fans. Hard to know who is really a fan though lol. Anyone can buy a Jermaine jersey.

Gyron
12-13-2004, 12:57 PM
I will be trying to get to every bobcats/pacers game here in Charlotte.

I know for sure Im going Dec 29th.

dannyboy
12-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Before last season I had been to three Pacers@Rockets games in a row. Didn't see much Pacers gear, but I heard a few scattered cheers to go along with mine.

I don't know if I'll make it to that game this year, but I have tickets to Pacers@Mavericks on Jan. 8.

able
12-13-2004, 01:49 PM
I think the Pacers were #4 in the NBA in "road attendence" last year.

And I think they will be a lot lower this year.

People can even support the hometeam, but that doesn;t mean they come out for every game, they do come out to see Shaq play against their hometeam or Kobe, or AI, or.....JO & perhaps even Ron.

How many games do all of you atttend, let's be honest most of you go out for those games you select. The ones with added interest, either star attraction OR competitivenes, but a selection is made, if even and alone for the monetary investment in going ALL games.

I would say that on average between 2 and 5 thousand less fans come see a game where there is "less" interest in either category, henceforth, the loss for the owner/franchise the Pacers visit is considerable ( let's avg 2500 ppl * $ 100 [tickets, consumption & merch] = 250 K less in the till)

Owners can calculate, they will curtail that power themselves, without even the PA asking for it.