PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ben,

waterjater
12-13-2004, 03:32 AM
How's it feel to look back and realize your inability to be a good sport and/or control your temper has resulted in the following (note:take losing like a man, not a *****):

Pistons- .500 team
Pistons Fans (your fans) - LOOK LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS!!
Detoit perception- worse than ever
6 games of lost salary
Your BROTHER is banned from your home Arena
Destroyed what was really becoming a great rivalry and was destined to determine the NBA champion this year

Also cost your fellow NBA players and a couple all stars tons of money and games. A whole season for one player.

Caused a lot more fans to walk away from the NBA.

Made DAVID ****ING STERN look like a hero!

AND DEAR RON,
You were JUST one additional (JUST ONE) lack of response from some idiot to coming out of this situation looking like a reformed person. SO CLOSE TO BEING PART OF SOMETHING GREAT....just point the MF out and curse him out at worst!! You broke the cardinal rule and also gave David ****ING Stern a scapegoat and a way to look like a hero!!

Damn this whole thing still eats at me like some flesh eating bacteria!

Water

Unclebuck
12-13-2004, 07:39 AM
And don't forget this whole incident increases the likelihood of a strike/lockout next season.

BigMac
12-13-2004, 07:51 AM
And don't forget this whole incident increases the likelihood of a strike/lockout next season.

And looking at it from that standpoint, one that I agree with, it could mean a better NBA with less Stern in the future, or at the least, less Stern in the future.

So, it may have been worth it. Though it is a miserable time for all of us it may just have been the best thing to happen for us, NBA players, NBA teams, and all fans for the long run.

Fool
12-13-2004, 09:37 AM
I can't wait to see the threads in here about how Ben Wallace is to blame for the lockout/strike.

Ben Wallace didn't make the fan throw the cup, nor did he make Artest run into the stands, nor did he make his brother act a fool, nor will he be the cause of the lockout.

Peck
12-13-2004, 09:39 AM
The owners will stand firm on Sterns power.

able
12-13-2004, 09:44 AM
I put it to you that the suspension and in particular their length will have some owners scratching their head about Stern's power.
No matter how your personal opinion on the suspensions, they cost money to A. the team involved and all those they visit during this streak, a W is a W for the fans, but if only a handfull of fans come to watch the game because of depleted star potential on the court, it will cost, not to think about merchandise.

Owners will take this into consideration I am sure.

owl
12-13-2004, 10:06 AM
The owners will stand firm on Sterns power.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
His power will be abridged. There will be a mechanism in place to review his decisions. There is no way the players let Stern take away a players entire
salary for a year without it being reviewed by second party. That part of the
CBA is over.

owl

Fool
12-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Because, of course, if you do it means every Pacers fan feels that way. We all blame Ben entirely for everything.

:rolleyes:

Did I say that?

I didn't think so.

Fool
12-13-2004, 11:33 AM
btown, why are you after me on this?

Waterjater made another "Its all Ben's fault" comment ("another" in terms that its another one on here, it might be the first time he has made the comment. I don't keep lists or anything) and UB added that it also doesn't help the CBA negotiations.

For those following at home: My response alluded to the idea that some fan still angry at Wallace in the offseason could follow the supreme use of logic in the opening post of this thread and combine it with the response by UB and blame Wallace for any lockout/strike.

btwon, Are you simply comming to the defense of anyone who would be silly enough to champion that poor causal chain? My response is a joke made at the expense of those foolish enough to consider the option. Its not a condemnation of the place or all its members. I didn't even make a generalization and you are immediately on me about not generalizing.

If I didn't like this place I wouldn't be here. I didn't start the thread. I simply responded to it in a way I felt appropriate to the level of intelligence shown in its initial post. And my response to this one poster is not an indication of my feelings toward all the members of this board. If you are going to rag on me, atleast do it in response to the many things I actually post that are legitimate targets for complaint and accusal of idiocy. Don't just project your own unhappiness with the intial poster and your consern with how his post reflects on the board as a whole into my comments (please tell me you see the sarcasm in that last sentence).

"Fine. You didn't say that word for word. Then the only other thing you're implying is just as stupid."

I agree which is why I made a joke of it.

"I've gone over to a number of Piston forums and seen just as many utterly ridiculous thread as there on on here at times."

I agree and would include any and all message boards I've ever been to. I would classify it as a "comes with the territory" sort of thing.

"Just because it's a thread doesn't mean it's a general consensus."

If you take my continued presence here as an indication that I realize this as much as you do, then we will avoid conversations on this matter in the future.

Fool
12-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Very well, then to that I would say ... "context is key". If you read the thread I was responding to, then perhaps you wouldn't have thought so little of me and my comment.

Roy Munson
12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
I can't wait to see the threads in here about how Ben Wallace is to blame for the lockout/strike.

Ben Wallace didn't make the fan throw the cup, nor did he make Artest run into the stands, nor did he make his brother act a fool, nor will he be the cause of the lockout.

No, aptly named Fool, Ben Wallace didn't MAKE all those things happen.

But what he did was start a chain reaction of events that LED to all those things happening.

Fool
12-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Noted. I'll get down now.

Next time though, I don't get down till I finish whistling Monty Python's version of "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".

shags
12-13-2004, 12:07 PM
How's it feel to look back and realize your inability to be a good sport and/or control your temper has resulted in the following (note:take losing like a man, not a *****):

Pistons- .500 team
Pistons Fans (your fans) - LOOK LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS!!
Detoit perception- worse than ever
6 games of lost salary
Your BROTHER is banned from your home Arena
Destroyed what was really becoming a great rivalry and was destined to determine the NBA champion this year

Also cost your fellow NBA players and a couple all stars tons of money and games. A whole season for one player.

Caused a lot more fans to walk away from the NBA.

Made DAVID ****ING STERN look like a hero!

AND DEAR RON,
You were JUST one additional (JUST ONE) lack of response from some idiot to coming out of this situation looking like a reformed person. SO CLOSE TO BEING PART OF SOMETHING GREAT....just point the MF out and curse him out at worst!! You broke the cardinal rule and also gave David ****ING Stern a scapegoat and a way to look like a hero!!

Damn this whole thing still eats at me like some flesh eating bacteria!

Water

You could say the same thing about Ron Artest. In fact . . .

Dear Ron,

If you didn't lay on the scorer's table and appear to grant an interview DURING A GAME, thereby inciting an already enraged Ben Wallace and shoving it in the face of the Pistons players and their fans, the following things are happening:

1. Your team is, at worse, 15-5, probably 17-3, and in complete control of the Eastern Conference
2. Your team is considered, at worst, considered a co-favorite to win the championship
3. Your team has a terrific opportunity to give an Indiana legend the one thing he's missing from his resume.
4. Your a lock for the All-Star game, giving you more time to help promote Allure's album (which is struggling right now).
5. Your image improves, because you're coming out as the bigger person if you just stay on the floor.

Now Ron, you didn't deserve to get hit by a cup. No one does. But you put yourself in a position to allow some idiot fan to do something stupid. And your actions have cost the Pacer fans dearly. And tarnished even more the already shaky image of the NBA. Hopefully you'll grow and learn from this incident. NEXT YEAR. Because if you're allowed to play any playoff games, your actions will be justified. Good luck.

This is a great board, which, as a Pistons fan, I've been lurking for about a year, before finally joining a couple weeks ago. Ben Wallace overreacted. Big Time. But if Artest stays on the floor, Ben gets 2 games and 4 others get a game for leaving the bench. That's it. Don't blame it on Ben.

rabid
12-13-2004, 02:16 PM
:unimpress This thread is the biggest waste of time I've had all day.