PDA

View Full Version : Hicks

FiestyFosterFanatic
12-12-2004, 03:57 PM
He's basically right. We decided to sign Bender during the season for a big contract, and let Miller walk.

Did anyone else think Miller played very dirty last night?

Hicks
12-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Smart man, you're dad. :D

diamonddave00
12-12-2004, 04:46 PM
As for Brad playing dirty , well what I saw was how Brad always plays. Diffence is when he's in other teams uniform , we see him as the bad guy. Thats Brad's game always has been and always will be.

Unclebuck
12-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Why am I doing this, I need help.

Bender only signed a 4 year deal.

Bender:

6.4 - 05 this season
7.1 - 06
7.8 - 07

Brad:
7.9 - 05
8.8 - 06
9.6 - 07
10.5 - 08
11.4 - 09
12.3 - 10

I think the better case is they simply did not want to committ 7 years to Brad. With Brad and J.O signed for 7 years at that money it would have effected their salary situation for years.

Will Galen
12-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Since this is addressed to Hick's I want to ask who are the people in your avatar? I know you've probably answered that question already but I didn't see it. Sorry!

ABADays
12-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Glad your Dad is home vapacersfan. Should be a nice Christmas for you both.

BTW, Bender will be at your house to play Santa Claus since he isn't doing anything here.

recap
12-12-2004, 06:16 PM
God I hope not. If someone sat on his leg, it would shatter every bone in his body.

At least he should slide down the chimney pretty easily.

Peck
12-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Why am I doing this, I need help.

Bender only signed a 4 year deal.

Bender:

6.4 - 05 this season
7.1 - 06
7.8 - 07

Brad:
7.9 - 05
8.8 - 06
9.6 - 07
10.5 - 08
11.4 - 09
12.3 - 10

I think the better case is they simply did not want to committ 7 years to Brad. With Brad and J.O signed for 7 years at that money it would have effected their salary situation for years.

My God, we have 21 + million tied up in this guy? How many millions have we wasted on him already.

We won't debate this again because everybody's position is set, but I will never understand why they drew a line in the sand with Brad compared to other players. There had to be something we didn't know, especially when the star is still doing articles about how Brad wishes he was still here.

Sollozzo
12-12-2004, 07:29 PM
My God, we have 21 + million tied up in this guy? How many millions have we wasted on him already.

We won't debate this again because everybody's position is set, but I will never understand why they drew a line in the sand with Brad compared to other players. There had to be something we didn't know, especially when the star is still doing articles about how Brad wishes he was still here.

I'm reading that star article right now...interesting.

Brad was so happy when he was traded to Indiana. I read that when he was traded here, he jokingly went to Walsh and asked if they could work out the contract extension. After moving around for the first few years in his career, he was back home in Indiana, and playing for a winning team. It was a perfect situation for him.

sweabs
12-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Brad was so happy when he was traded to Indiana. I read that when he was traded here, he jokingly went to Walsh and asked if they could work out the contract extension. After moving around for the first few years in his career, he was back home in Indiana, and playing for a winning team. It was a perfect situation for him.
:shakehead I never knew he was that fond of Indiana. I never realized he wanted to stay so bad. Thanks guys! :mad: :cry:

Hicks
12-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Since this is addressed to Hick's I want to ask who are the people in your avatar? I know you've probably answered that question already but I didn't see it. Sorry!
Nathan Fillion (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0277213/)
Morena Baccarin (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1072555/)

DisplacedKnick
12-13-2004, 11:06 AM
:shakehead I never knew he was that fond of Indiana. I never realized he wanted to stay so bad. Thanks guys! :mad: :cry:

According to all the press at the time Miller was willing to re-sign for a fairly modest price and the Pacers never made him an offer. Finally they PO'd him enough to where he went shopping.

The other side of the story is that Brad's agent floated some proposals the Pacers thought were crazy - but when he took the proposals on the road they found out they weren't so crazy after all.

One thing I know for sure is that the Pacers basically signed Bender, Foster and Artest to big extensions the previous fall and gave away, IMO, any chance they had to re-sign Brad AND stay under the luxury tax - which Walsh said all along he could do. My opinion has always been that Walsh had a choice between Brad and Foster/Bender and made his choice.

We talked that one over all season, right down to Walsh's quotes when asked by the press where he said, "I'm going to do it - I won't tell you how but I'm going to re-sign Brad and Reggie."

Hope I haven't just re-opened the monster can of worms.