PDA

View Full Version : How do you want to end the regular season?

Anthem
12-12-2004, 02:03 AM
End strong, no doubt. My question is what's the best place to be, seed-wise, when it's all said and done?

Even though I love kicking 'em while they're down, I really think the Pistons will have the first seed. Cleveland will be right behind in the W column but will get bumped to the #4 seed. I think Miami will pull past Orlando, which means the Heat will get the #2 and the Magic #5. And for all the talk of how bad the southeast was gonna be, New England is worse. New York's got the #3 spot with a sub-500 record. Crazy. I expect Boston to take that from them, with York and Jersey falling substantially.

So we're looking at:

1. Detroit
2. Miami
3. Boston
4. Cleveland
5. Orlando
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?

I think we can take that #6 spot... does anyone think we can go higher? Remember the highest we can go is #4. I like the six spot, actually. We get to play against somebody in the atlantic div. in the first round, and Detroit and Cleveland get to hammer it out in the ECFs. Of course, we get Shaq.

Whaddya think?

Hicks
12-12-2004, 10:08 AM
If the first 5 go as you predict, the 6th seed could be a good spot. We'd meet Detroit in the ECFs rather than 2nd round (for better or worse, watch JO/Tins get hurt on the way or something :mad: ), and until they make me eat crow, I still am not afraid of Miami in a 7 game series.

Ragnar
12-12-2004, 10:09 AM
However we end it I want the Pistons in either the first or second round. I want to humiliate them, I want to make sure the defending champs dont even make the ecf.

ABADays
12-12-2004, 10:15 AM
With the last game.

Lord Helmet
12-12-2004, 11:56 AM
If the first 5 go as you predict, the 6th seed could be a good spot. We'd meet Detroit in the ECFs rather than 2nd round (for better or worse, watch JO/Tins get hurt on the way or something :mad: ), and until they make me eat crow, I still am not afraid of Miami in a 7 game series. Miami isn't scarey unless they are getting help from someone besides Dwayne,Shaq and Eddie.

Anthem
12-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Miami isn't scarey unless they are getting help from someone besides Dwayne,Shaq and Eddie.

You didn't hear? They signed Christian Laetner!

canyoufeelit
12-12-2004, 12:44 PM
I want to do it from the #8 spot if possible. Run the effing gauntlet.

Alabama-Redneck
12-12-2004, 01:55 PM
I want the highest possible because that means we will be winning games.

:cool:

PacerFan31
12-12-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't care where we finish as long as we get detroit in the playoffs

Blizz
12-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I want the Pistons in the first round. If we are going to play against them in the playoff, I want it to be as early as possible.

ChicagoJ
12-13-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm still not convinced the #4 spot is out of reach.

We'll have a full roster, but for the guy who isn't coming back, with still more than half the season to go.

And the makeshift lineup will start winning again, shortly after Tinsley is healthy.

The reality of the situation is this: we're playing without our top-four players right now. The #1, #3 and #4 guys are suspsended, and the #2 most important Pacer has been out with a nasty ankle sprain.

VivaArtest
12-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Why the hell do you think that the Pistons will be #1? Jesus, give it up.

Pacersin6
12-14-2004, 10:43 AM
The Pacers will win more games than people think. Tinsley is the key to the Pacers chances. With Tinsley in it makes Reggie better as well as the rest of the team. We would have won two out of three games last week with Tinsley in the lineup. That 6 year extension looks pretty good now. The Pacers can still win the division assuming Cleveland will start losing some games.

geekman
12-14-2004, 11:02 AM
I want the seed that plays the pistons in the first round.

indygeezer
12-14-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm going to derail this for just a second. I've had a dream, no I mean a real dream here while back, two parts...in one I see David Stern handing the Championship trophy to JO who holds it up over Reggie Miller. The second is just the opposite but sweet none-the-less. It's of David Stern up on stage with the #1 pick in the draft and he's standing there having to hold a Pacer jersey up. I kinda like the image of Stern having his picture taken holding up a Pacer jersey...but not as well as the pix of him handing the trophy to JO.

:censored:

OK, I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

pb777
12-14-2004, 03:08 PM
I've had a dream, no I mean a real dream here while back, two parts...in one I see David Stern handing the Championship trophy to JO who holds it up over Reggie Miller..I bet Stern's face looked something like - :mad: