PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Foster

Unclebuck
12-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Not too sure what to say after a 7th loss in a row. The Pacers played hard, and played about as well as they could, but they just couldn't make enough shots.

So I want to discuss Foster.

I suppose he did not do anything tonight that we haven't seen before. Too bad he was spent with about 5 minutes to go in the 4th or he might have had 25 rebounds, he could hardly run up and down the floor in OT.

Anyone who does not enjoy watching Foster play, is someone who worries me. Besides the large number of offensive rebs he got tonight, he also got several tips that led to offensive rebs.

One thing about the Kings, their interior defense is horrible, they will lose in the second round of the playoffs no matter who they play.

Back to Jeff. For the many of you who say teams don't have to guard him on the offensive end, One thing I do know is team have to block him off the offensive glass, so they certainly can't just leave him or he'll get every O rebound.

Not really sure if Jeff was just tired or if his hip was acting up but it was painful to watch him late in the game tonight.

Pacers gave all they had tonight, if Reggie makes one shot the pacers win.

Frustrating.

Kings suck, they can shoot, but their defense is not very good

I love Foster, and it is beyond me how anyone who doesn't. I wish I could write something a little more coherent, but I am just not up to it right now

Did anyone get a good look on his last shot attempt in regulation

Dr Huxtable
12-11-2004, 11:11 PM
I think fatigue is what led to him losing control of the ball on the potential game winner also.

canyoufeelit
12-11-2004, 11:14 PM
He's good but eventually the Hulkster will be starting. But Jeff would be the best backup C in the league. He plays his heart out every night which is great and we wouldnt have been anywhere near close without him tonight, so I wouldnt blame him for dropping the pass too much. We need Polly and Tins back

Unclebuck
12-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Didn't Brad knock the ball free.

Dr Huxtable
12-11-2004, 11:16 PM
I don't know for sure, the angle FSN had wasn't that great. But it appeared to me that he was going up to lay it in, and he lost control.

Kegboy
12-11-2004, 11:37 PM
He never got control. The ball hit him in the high chest, and he tried to wrap his arms around it while turning for the shot, but it squirted through. Announcers said it was just like football, making your move before you control the ball, but I think it was more of a freak thing.

I like DH alot, but I don't know if I want him starting when he can't rebound. I think it's safer to just wait until next year, cause that wall's gonna hit, anyway.

MSA2CF
12-11-2004, 11:46 PM
My voice is spent. I gave my all out there, and I'm satisfied that I saw that same type of effort out on the floor by our Pacers. This is what it is all about.

Jermaniac
12-12-2004, 12:30 AM
If anyone played with as much effort as Foster did, we would have won this game

sweabs
12-12-2004, 12:32 AM
If anyone played with as much effort as Foster did, we would have won this game
Who did not give effort?

Jermaniac
12-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Everyone did but no one played as hard as him, and did you see how much better our rebounding is with him.

MSA2CF
12-12-2004, 12:36 AM
I think Reggie tried just as hard or even harder. He was really leaving it all out there...

..It wasn't effort that failed us tonight.

JOneal7
12-12-2004, 12:56 AM
This crowd needs to be louder...They just wearnt there tonight at times! Like the start of the 4th. I saw people clapping from there seats! or when paul B was trying to get them up at the start of the game. I give the fans a C+ tonight.
Pacers get an A For there effort! That's one of the best teams in the League and we had em in overtime with our third stringers. Good job...
ps. anyone here the idiot outside the fieldhouse? Screaming "THE THIRD STRING DID WELL TONIGHT! GO KINGS!!!!!!!!" and bs like that? I go..."Yeah, I'm sure you will enjoy your @$$ kicking you get from the wolves in the playoffs" Then all those bandwagon sac fans who were at the house tonight can throw there bibby and peja jerseys back in the closet.

MSA2CF
12-12-2004, 01:19 AM
Fans a C+? At times I thought it was more electric than half of the games I've ever been to...Sure, it had its down points, but those came when the team was playing poorly.

Lord Helmet
12-12-2004, 01:19 AM
This crowd needs to be louder...They just wearnt there tonight at times! Like the start of the 4th. I saw people clapping from there seats! or when paul B was trying to get them up at the start of the game. I give the fans a C+ tonight.
Pacers get an A For there effort! That's one of the best teams in the League and we had em in overtime with our third stringers. Good job...
ps. anyone here the idiot outside the fieldhouse? Screaming "THE THIRD STRING DID WELL TONIGHT! GO KINGS!!!!!!!!" and bs like that? I go..."Yeah, I'm sure you will enjoy your @$$ kicking you get from the wolves in the playoffs" Then all those bandwagon sac fans who were at the house tonight can throw there bibby and peja jerseys back in the closet. Yeah I saw those King fans last year when they beat us by 1 point buzzer beater by Bibby.Yeah let them clown cause if they were placed in the same situation as us they would be crying.Yeah like UB said there D is putrid.They won't be going anywhere in the playoffs 2nd round and out.Its not about the regular season its about the postseason.We just need to get enough wins to get in the playoffs.Sac normally does good in the regular season but never seems to do well in the playoffs.Let it go JO in the end we will have the last laugh.

JOneal7
12-12-2004, 02:09 AM
they are just idiots. I think they were on some balcony in the house? But I saw em as I was walking away from the practice court under that tunnell. Take Away, Oh I donno? Bibby,Webber,Peja....How many wins WOULD THEY HAVE?

Pacerized
12-12-2004, 11:02 AM
He's good but eventually the Hulkster will be starting. But Jeff would be the best backup C in the league. He plays his heart out every night which is great and we wouldnt have been anywhere near close without him tonight, so I wouldnt blame him for dropping the pass too much. We need Polly and Tins back

I don't think we'll see that unless Foster starts to deteriorate with time. I have no doubt that Harrison will eventually be a better offensive player, and it's nice to have the bulk, but doesn't use it. The thing that concerns me most about Harrison is his lack of rebounding for a guy his size.
All I can say about Foster, is that without him, we wouldn't have even been in this game.

Lord Helmet
12-12-2004, 12:09 PM
they are just idiots. I think they were on some balcony in the house? But I saw em as I was walking away from the practice court under that tunnell. Take Away, Oh I donno? Bibby,Webber,Peja....How many wins WOULD THEY HAVE? I remember last year during some of the Heat playoff games I went to and the Heat brought there own cheerleaders.I say don't let that happen we need HOME COURT ADVANTAGE we don't need that in CF.I remember how the Heat did those videos clowing Indiana and they got shots of Edge supporting them and some of the Pacemates supporting them.I hope we had fired those Pacemates.