PDA

View Full Version : Raptors fans totally whining their asses off.

Hicks
02-16-2004, 12:02 AM
*sarcastic tear* :cry:

They want to hang Rick by his balls. The popular phrase being "**** Rick Carlisle (followed by 5 dozen !'s)"

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=206090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=216

Unclebuck
02-16-2004, 12:05 AM
It made me so made when Craig Sager who is a complete idiot tried to stir the pot by asking Vince if he should be in the game.

Rick went with the players who were playing the best in the last 8 minutes of the game.

Stryder
02-16-2004, 12:11 AM

They want to hang Rick by his balls. The popular phrase being "**** Rick Carlisle (followed by 5 dozen !'s)"

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=206090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=216

Why give any credence to RealGM? LMAO. That site is entirely a joke, by the people that post there. Most are 14 year old children, who don't even play the damn sport.

Hicks
02-16-2004, 12:14 AM

Why give any credence to RealGM? LMAO. That site is entirely a joke, by the people that post there. Most are 14 year old children, who don't even play the damn sport.

Very true. It's like a car wreck: You have to look. :D

Unclebuck
02-16-2004, 12:15 AM
If you look at the box score every east player played about the same, the only difference occurred because of the last 8 minutes of the game. If you stopped the game with 8 minutes to go, every east player would have played betwen 15 and 18 minutes. Rick did his job. No one can complain.

Hicks
02-16-2004, 12:46 AM
If you look at the box score every east player played about the same, the only difference occurred because of the last 8 minutes of the game. If you stopped the game with 8 minutes to go, every east player would have played betwen 15 and 18 minutes. Rick did his job. No one can complain.

Yep.

Hicks
02-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Oh, and the most pathetic display by the Vince fanboys tonight (and there's many to choose from), check out their Pacers board right now; a total mess:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=17

Hicks
02-16-2004, 12:51 AM
And as I type that, the mod shows up.

What I was going to point out was one Vince fanboy spammed a full 2 1/2 pages worth of vulgar anti-Carlise/Pacers trash over about a half an hour nonstop. Really sad.

Natston
02-16-2004, 01:04 AM
VINC3 CARTER SHUD HAEV PLAEYD MORA MINUTES1!!1!1! OMG WTF LOL CARLISLE CAN KIS MAH AS 1!1! OMG WTF

rabid
02-16-2004, 01:06 AM
VINC3 CARTER SHUD HAEV PLAEYD MORA MINUTES1!!1!1! OMG WTF LOL CARLISLE CAN KIS MAH AS 1!1! OMG WTF

:rotflmao:

reminds me of this:

http://ehacked.com/extras/aolertranslator.php

kerosene
02-16-2004, 01:07 AM
I think Carlisle did a good job of giving everyone on the team a chance to play good minutes. I don't know what there is to complain about. Not everybody can end the game on the floor.

Natston
02-16-2004, 01:08 AM

:rotflmao:

reminds me of this:

http://ehacked.com/extras/aolertranslator.php

That's where I got it... :unimpressed:

Hicks
02-16-2004, 01:10 AM
I think Carlisle did a good job of giving everyone on the team a chance to play good minutes. I don't know what there is to complain about. Not everybody can end the game on the floor.

Oh, but it's Vince! We voted him in! He got the most votes!! So, he should play the most! Besides, he's the best forward in the East!!! :rolleyes:

I had people over there trying to tell me he's a better overall player than Artest. :unimpressed: I even threw out the last Raptors/Pacers game as proof in Ron's corner, didn't matter. :unimpressed: Bunch of morons.

Natston
02-16-2004, 01:13 AM

Oh, but it's Vince! We voted him in! He got the most votes!! So, he should play the most! Besides, he's the best forward in the East!!! :rolleyes:

I had people over there trying to tell me he's a better overall player than Artest. :unimpressed: I even threw out the last Raptors/Pacers game as proof in Ron's corner, didn't matter. :unimpressed: Bunch of morons.

RON ARTEST CANT DUNK TEH BAL LIEK VINCA CART3R SO VINCE IS AU2MATICALY BTAR!111111! WTF

Hicks
02-16-2004, 09:28 AM
I know, I know, but like I said, it's like watching a car wreck:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=212126&sid=52c60647c0198549638a9b9196d85b68

Pistons fans having the nerve to slam Rick for not playing Ben more --- who received the 2nd most minutes of the team. :rolleyes:

Amazing that Rick tries to be fair and there's actually MORE *****ing than last year.

Probably because no one got a ton of minutes (besides JO), so fans of about 5 teams are all whining that their guy got gypped.

Harddrive7
02-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Did anyone else see this? Pretty funny, especially Shaq's comments.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=afp-basket_nba_allstar&prov=afp&type=lgns

Suaveness
02-16-2004, 01:21 PM
I know, I know, but like I said, it's like watching a car wreck:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=212126&sid=52c60647c0198549638a9b9196d85b68

Pistons fans having the nerve to slam Rick for not playing Ben more --- who received the 2nd most minutes of the team. :rolleyes:

Amazing that Rick tries to be fair and there's actually MORE *****ing than last year.

Probably because no one got a ton of minutes (besides JO), so fans of about 5 teams are all whining that their guy got gypped.

Funny thing is, if I can recall, JO would happen to be the best player in the East. Not VC. Not ben wallace. They need to shut up. It's so funny reading these comments...cracks me up.

ChicagoJ
02-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Everyone in the East that's b!+ch!ng should just gang up on McGrady. He's the selfish son-of-a-gun that gave the game away down the stretch. No wonder Orlando has the worst record in the NBA. :unimpressed:

Suaveness
02-16-2004, 02:46 PM
No wonder Orlando has the worst record in the NBA. :unimpressed:

That's exactly what I said at the end of the game.

And this is why I hate it when people call Tracy a superstar. He isn't one. He just shoots a lot. I hate all the BS people say that he has no one to help him. Frankly, I dont give a damn. If he's a star player, he makes his team win. Not with losing 19 straight games. sorry.

Kegboy
02-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Not to say "I told you so" but at the time I did feel that putting TMac in instead of Vince was a bad move.

Unclebuck
02-16-2004, 04:16 PM
You may want to blame Rick Carlisle then because he called the plays in the last few minutes of the game, and Mcgrady cleared out at the top of the key or a pick and roll with J.O were the plays called.

I don't have any problem with the way McGrady played at the end of the game

Kegboy
02-16-2004, 04:19 PM
You may want to blame Rick Carlisle then because he called the plays in the last few minutes of the game, and Mcgrady cleared out at the top of the key or a pick and roll with J.O were the plays called.

I don't have any problem with the way McGrady played at the end of the game

I just feel that Carter is a better clutch player than TMac. Maybe because I've seen McGrady lay so many eggs against us over the years.

Unclebuck
02-16-2004, 04:27 PM
I just feel that Carter is a better clutch player than TMac. Maybe because I've seen McGrady lay so many eggs against us over the years.

I guess we disagree on this topic.

ChicagoJ
02-16-2004, 04:31 PM
I laughed out loud last night with either Collins or the Czar (don't remember which one) suggested that McGrady would be the East's go-to guy down the stretch. Rick may have been calling for McGrady to initiate the offense but I don't believe Rick was calling for Tracy to play 1-on-five. That was about as un-clutch as you can get...

I can hear Walton now, "PASS THE BALL, YOUNG MAN, PASS THE BALL!"

Anthem
02-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Everyone in the East that's b!+ch!ng should just gang up on McGrady. He's the selfish son-of-a-gun that gave the game away down the stretch. No wonder Orlando has the worst record in the NBA. :unimpressed:

I don't get it. Wasn't his last play of the game a pass to Jermaine?

Hoop
02-16-2004, 05:35 PM
I'll take McGrady over Half Man/Half Season anyday. The East lost because of missed freethrows.

ChicagoJ
02-16-2004, 05:47 PM

I don't get it. Wasn't his last play of the game a pass to Jermaine?

If it was (don't remember) then the three straight no-pass plays before that were what I was referring to (from about the three-minute mark to the one-minute mark.) Also, I think the pass to Jermaine didn't exactly leave JO in position to do anything with the ball.

flip
02-16-2004, 06:38 PM
can't believe that anyone could honestly knock t-mac. ONE of the best players that now plays. no one has a great day everyday. if so, who may it be. as far as comparisons, i'd pick him over vince, and most others any day. is an all star pick, year after year..

[hey, if he can be this good with his eyes half closed, what would he be if his eyes were open ? just a joke. he's a premium player. ]

Suaveness
02-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Yes he passed it to JO, but it was a bad pass and good D...nothing JO could have done about it there. And then the ball went off of the West. But of course, it was called for them.

And like I said before, if McGrady was so great, why couldn't he get his team out of a 19 game losing streak? The good players won't take losing like that.

Netweeny
02-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Sheesh people! McGrady is a great player! If your logic is going to be "he isn't great because his team lost 19 in a row" then I guess that J.O. , Ron, and Reggie aren't that great either because they lost 12 of 13 last season.

Things happen.

I agree that more than anything, free throws were the reason the East lost. And for cripes sake....its an ALL Star game!!!!! Noone really cares who won anyway. Especially not the players.

:cool:

Now lets dance!! :dance:

Hoop
02-16-2004, 10:51 PM
You guys wanna see some whining? Well here is some major *****ing all from insidehoops.com

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoopsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=30229.topic
^
The Official "Burn Carlisle" Thread

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoopsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=30227.topic
^
The Official "Dont Reply, Vince Got Screwed, That Is All" Thread

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoopsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=30224.topic
^
The Official "LEADING VOTE GETTER DOESNT PLAY 4th!!!" Thread

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoopsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=30221.topic
^
The Official "Carlisle has Artest And Jermaine Playing....." Thread

and heres a thread saying jermaine o'neal sabotages the east all star team....

http://pub102.ezboard.com/finsidehoopsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=30223.topic
^
Jermaine O'Neal : All Star Saboteur

Makes you wonder how the heck these idiots even figure out how to turn on their PC, much less make a post. Are all Raptor fans complete freaking idiots.

flip
02-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Yes he passed it to JO, but it was a bad pass and good D...nothing JO could have done about it there. And then the ball went off of the West. But of course, it was called for them.

And like I said before, if McGrady was so great, why couldn't he get his team out of a 19 game losing streak? The good players won't take losing like that.

question, are you maybe saying that one good player can beat a five man team ?? if so, he beat my 5 man team, the pacers, on 12-17.
damn, he must be better than i thought !!!

i'm still bettting on a 61 game win this yr. confidence hey.

skyfire
02-17-2004, 01:59 AM
mcgrady _is_ a much better player than jermaine oneal.. it's funny for you guys to talk about anyone being a homer.

comparing a PF to a SG which is generally a pretty pointless endeavour.
jermaine is one of the most consistant players in the league, on one of the best teams in the league. mcgrady is an excellent player, but somebody has to put up all those shots if nobody else will for the magic.

Suaveness
02-17-2004, 06:47 AM

question, are you maybe saying that one good player can beat a five man team ?? if so, he beat my 5 man team, the pacers, on 12-17.
damn, he must be better than i thought !!!

i'm still bettting on a 61 game win this yr. confidence hey.

If he is a so called "great" player, then yes, he should. Great players find ways of winning, no matter what.

Suaveness
02-17-2004, 06:50 AM

jermaine took something pretty similar to that last year with a much much MUCH better supporting cast.

mcgrady _is_ a much better player than jermaine oneal.. it's funny for you guys to talk about anyone being a homer.

Yes, the pacers lost 12 of 13 last year. But it wasn't because we sucked. We had soooo many problems last year, I don't need to mention them all since everyone knows. Trying to win with that going on is damn hard.

And just how is McGrady better than O'Neal? I'd like to hear your logic on this. First off, it's hard to compare 2 different positions, as sky has said. McGrady only shoots, thats all I've seen him do. O'Neal, shoots more consistently, rebounds, blocks shots, and plays very good defense.

ChicagoJ
02-17-2004, 10:25 AM
JO is a legit low post presence at both ends of the court. It amazes me how much people underestimate that. We haven't had a consitent legit low post presence in Indy since Mel Daniels. And that is much more valuable than a guard, even one of the best guards in the league. You can't measure JO's contribution to the game in stats, but he even puts up enormous stats as well.

This is the equivalent of comparing Patrick and Reggie circa 1994/5/6.

As for comparing JO's losing 12 of 13 to McGrady's 19 straight... those things happen for many various reasons. For the Pacers, it was numerous off-the-court family issues hitting the same time as Brad Miller's injury and when the coach lost control of Artest. For the Magic, I'm pretty sure it was just bad basketball, poor teamwork, and lousy coaching. JO's team was still made the playoffs. McGrady's team still has the worst record in the league. I don't see any way this comparison helps McGrady or hurts JO, who was playing with a knee injury and virtually no sleep from the horror of seeing his step-father right after he shot himself.

Every off-season, all I hear about is how great the Magic are going to be for the next season, so their roster can't be that much worse than the Pacers' can it?

Kegboy
02-17-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm not saying TMac's not a better player. Just looking at the situation, I felt VC'd be a better fit with who was on the floor. Tracy's gotten used to being the only option this year, and his actions showed he was still in that mindset.

Still, I'm never one to blame a loss on one player, or one substitution. East played a good game, just couldn't pull it out in the end.

Shade
02-17-2004, 01:55 PM
:raptors: = :sleep:

kerosene
02-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Anyone see the end of the Raptors/Bulls game tonight?

That's why Carter should've had the ball in his hands during the final seconds :laugh: