PDA

View Full Version : Wolves going crazy about advancing

kerosene
05-01-2004, 12:31 AM
If you were a fan of a team that got knocked out in the 1st round 7 years in a row you'd go bananas too. W's fans will go ape when they make the playoffs again, let alone advance. It's a great thing for them. Sacramento looks pretty beatable too. I'd wager the Wolves make the WCF. Good reason to be excited if you're a fan.

TheSauceMaster
05-01-2004, 12:33 AM
yeah you would go ape if you lost in the first round for 7 years and you finally made it outta the first round.

Suaveness
05-01-2004, 12:41 AM
yeah you would go ape if you lost in the first round for 7 years and you finally made it outta the first round.

maybe Im just spoiled with being a Pacers fan (being a Redskins offsets it though), but oh well, just an observation I made

SHould be a good seris between Sac and the wolves

Hey, I'm a Skins fan too!

But they are still much inferior to the Great Colts! :dance:

PaceBalls
05-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Well those fans are going to be awfully dissapointed then when they get trounced in the next round vs the kings. I predict Kings win in 5 games... though my picks have been really bad so far.. :p

Suaveness
05-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Well those fans are going to be awfully dissapointed then when they get trounced in the next round vs the kings. I predict Kings win in 5 games... though my picks have been really bad so far.. :p

Are you serious? The Kings are playing TERRIBLE. There is no way they win in 5, and winning period is going to be hard as hell.

Kegboy
05-01-2004, 12:55 AM
IIRC, we went pretty crazy when we beat Orlando in '94, after going 0-6 in the playoffs over 18 years in the Association. In fact, a number of people still say the biggest shot in Pacers history was Byron's 3 against the Magic.

Southside_Pacer
05-01-2004, 03:34 AM
That Byron shot was huge. Down 17 to come back and win, very impressive.

Peck
05-01-2004, 04:43 AM
A couple of things.

1. Byron Scotts shot was the biggest in franchise history. He misses that shot, we lose & I doubt we come back & take the series. That one shot may very well have propelled 5 years worth of playoff sucess.

2. When we swept out Orlando in 94 MSA was going ape*****. About the last three min. of the game the fans were chanting sweep sweep sweep!!! So we can't say anything about the Wolves fans. In some ways they deserve it. After the league unfairly, IMO, penalized the fans of that franchise for the Joe Smith debacle it's nice to see them break through.

BigMac
05-01-2004, 10:31 AM
I agree to all the recent posts about the 1994 Orlando Series. Most of you seem to be too young to remember the futility we had gone through in previous playoff years and non-playoff years. More power to the T-Wolves fans. It's been a long time coming for them. I just hope they don't steam roll into the finals and beat the Pacers. If that were to happen, I will retract this statement and comdemn those darned Nuggets for not winning. :)

whodean
05-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Minny won't make it past the next two rounds (maybe not past Sacto).

Winning the first round is like the old adage "Act like ya been there"