PDA

View Full Version : Colts sign Martin Gramatica....

obnoxiousmodesty
12-08-2004, 03:46 PM
If he can kick off better than Baker, fine. I thought Baker was doing pretty well, but whatever.

I know Vandy's cap number will be high for a PK next season and I know Polian must be looking at cheaper kickers with similar accuracy, but Vandy has been with the Colts for a while and is also the most accurate kicker in league history. Even with a cap number over 2 million, I think he's worth keeping. Yes, I know he can't kick off to save his life; it's a liability, no doubt.

Of course, if the Colts cut Vandy in the offseason and sign someone cheaply who is just as good you'll never hear a word out of me.

Suaveness
12-08-2004, 04:49 PM
You won't find someone as good as Vandy. I dont know WHY the Colts are treating him like this, it is really upsetting. I wish we would just let him kick off. Honestly, he has been better than anyone else we have had.

ABADays
12-08-2004, 05:08 PM
You won't find someone as good as Vandy. I dont know WHY the Colts are treating him like this, it is really upsetting. I wish we would just let him kick off. Honestly, he has been better than anyone else we have had.
Because he and Bender are buds.

3Ball
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
This is good news. Hunter and Vanderjadt are two of the best. But these days we're kicking a heck of a lot more kickoffs than punts!

karl_55
12-08-2004, 07:45 PM
on ESPN they said that Vanderjact got touchbacks less than 3% of the time when Gramatica got touchbacks more than 11% of the time and we need as much field postion as we can get with our defense

Natston
12-08-2004, 10:19 PM
I just hope he doesn't celebrate after every kickoff... :shrug:

RWB
12-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Believe it or not it has more to do with the offense scoring so often. Vandy seems to pull the ole groin once in a while and with Manning and Pals scoring so often that would elimanate possible injury. Plus Michael sucks on kickoffs. :devil: