PDA

View Full Version : What movie did you last watch?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

317Kim
06-16-2006, 09:14 AM
What do you mean?

Some of the scenes in the movie showed a lot of detail when it came to blood and death.

N8R
06-16-2006, 11:32 PM
my sister made me watch The Break-up with her and a group of our friends cuz 60% of the people were to scared to watch The Omen....
btw if anybody has seen The Omen i would like some reviews...

and o yeah the break-up was really really ****ty

Havent seen it yet but I heard from a friend that it was the scariest movie he has ever seen. I would tend to believe him.

Last movie I saw was Part of Cheaper by the Dozen and Big Daddy (Both on TV)

Arcadian
06-17-2006, 12:47 AM
If got to finish Capote. I thought it was a great movie, and I say this as someone who generally dislikes bio-picks.. The way it inter-plays with In Cold Blood is brilliant. When you read the book you can see so much sub text as to Capote's role in the trial and ability to get into people's personal lives even though Capote never metions his interactions. It is usually "an author"; such a strange detatchment. The project did a great job of pulling out this story from the novel.

The performance was amazing. I don't know if I have ever seen such a range of emotion/motives so subtly displayed. It might have over shadowed how good the film really was.

Mourning
06-17-2006, 04:33 AM
I really liked Capote too when I saw it a few months ago. I didn't and still haven't read the book that Capote wrote about the two murderers. I thought the beginning was very, very good, you immediately get dragged into the story and you feel almost like a small boy reading a detective book, that sort of feeling. I must say that I thought the last 15-20 minutes were really good too, but the movie had a part somewhere in the middle that was a little less ... "intense" to me which I thought was a pitty. It picked up in the last part of the movie though.

Just watched the remake of "The Omen" and I really liked it. This is a good remake. It's very much the same as the old version, but it's not bothering or something. I thought the kid was a little bit more terrifying in the original, but even in this version the kid was played pretty well and has the right face and facial expression for this role, so a good pick.

SPOILER ALERT:

I do think it's very strange that dad gets shot by police in Urban Warfare/SWAT uniforms when the only thing he had done so far was ... driving WAY too hard and smashing through HIS front gate. I don't know, but doesn't seem to me the Police would send in a SWAT-team for that, but maybe I am wrong.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

birdman
06-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Nacho Libre. STUPID, and I enjoyed movies like Napoleon Dynamite and Benchwarmers. I'm a huge Jack Black fan, and I only snickered a couple times throughout the movie. At the beginning when I saw it was made by Nickelodeon movies I knew it was gonna suck.

N8R
06-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Ferris Bullers Day Off

The Omen.

I Torrented a copy and watched it at home. It was under an hour long so I dont know if I got a bad copy but it seemed like a whole movie.

It was not as scary as I thought it would be. Kind of confusing and a little annoying. Maybe I just dont scare easily anymore.

Natston
06-18-2006, 04:12 AM
Cars

The best part sadly was when they spoofed other Pixar movies during the credits...

pollardfreek
06-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Excellent book, excellent movie.

N8R
06-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Dave Chappelle's Block Party

Natston
06-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Crash

Finally broke down and watched it. Although it wasn't very believable in the "crossing paths" department, it wasn't as bad I what some people made it out to be. I was expecting the Lost...

The rascism didn't stand out to me as much as I guess it was supposed to but the movie did have an impact on me. I just can't put my finger on why...

317Kim
06-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Cars :)

SoupIsGood
06-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Da Vinci Code

Cars.

It was fun.........

Is there more to that sign, or is it just asbury park? Is that anyhow related to Asbury university?

Gyron
06-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Signs

Shade
06-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Nacho Libre. The part with the midget wrestlers was hilarious. :laugh:

Next up: Cars, then Superman Returns! :happydanc

Gyron
06-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Nacho Libre. The part with the midget wrestlers was hilarious. :laugh:

Next up: Cars, then Superman Returns! :happydanc

I see Shade is forgoing food again to go to the movie theater.....

Either that or he's hooked up with a hot sugar daddy in that wedding dress he borrowed for the Forum Party.:laugh:

Leisure Suit Larry
06-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Escape From New York

dannyboy
06-20-2006, 02:48 PM
A Lesson Before Dying
Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price

Shade
06-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I see Shade is forgoing food again to go to the movie theater.....

Either that or he's hooked up with a hot sugar daddy in that wedding dress he borrowed for the Forum Party.:laugh:

Actually, my bro works at the theater, so I get in for free. :D

And that isn't a wedding dress. It's btown's t-shirt. :eek:

Stryder
06-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Superman Returns in about a week! Sweet!

Gyron
06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I know Btown just got a promotion of corners and all, but if you're expecting him to be your sugar daddy, he's gonna have change to the corner right outside of one of the Kennedy offices to feed that protien bar habit you have....

MagicRat
06-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Is there more to that sign, or is it just asbury park? Is that anyhow related to Asbury university?

I think that's just a road sign to Bruce's adopted hometown of Asbury Park, NJ. As far as I know that's all there is to it.

If the Asbury University you're talking about is DePauw, then the answer is no........

http://gilliver.net/music/bruce/pix/greetings.jpg

---------------------

The Princess Bride (Dread Pirate Edition, which I received as a Father's Day gift)
Kiss - Live at Cobo Hall 1976 - 2nd Night

Bball
06-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Capote

I found it very compelling. No complaints here.

-Bball

Skaut_Ech
06-23-2006, 07:47 PM
I finally watched Serenity. I know you Firefly fans found some fault with it, but overall, I found it pretty entertaining. The focus was obviously on the captian, so most of the characters got short changed, for someone like me, who only saw the show once.

Certain character's death might have meant more to me if he have more screen time. For someone who didn't follow the series, it didn't have one whit of the impact someone who folowed the series would have, I'm sure.

I really, really hope the continue the film series. Mal is worthy of more big screen time.

SoupIsGood
06-23-2006, 11:01 PM
aeonflux

Pig Nash
06-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Sean of the Dead. Freaking hilarious.

Bball
06-24-2006, 01:31 AM
I just finished Disc 4 of Band of Brothers.

Excellent stuff.

-Bball

Arcadian
06-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Crash--There were things I like but over all a bit contrived.

Mourning
06-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Sean of the Dead. Freaking hilarious.

I loved the part when they start throwing the rare records at the zombies. Or when they drove over one accidently :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Definitely worth a recommendation! ;).

Regards,

dannyboy
06-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Contact
Ronin
The Karate Kid
Mask

bulletproof
06-24-2006, 12:13 PM

Yup. The best description I heard was, "Crash" feels like it was written by a white guy while sipping merlot in his Hollywood Hills home.

Robertmto
06-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Overboard. It was on TBS. It was decent.

8.9_seconds
06-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Hide and Seek

What was the point to this movie? It had potential, but it jus drug on and the plot was pretty obvious and typical. It wasn't scary at all.

McClintic Sphere
06-24-2006, 10:37 PM

Don Cheadle is always good and if it would have just been simple melodrama I could have forgiven the impossible coincidences they asked you to swallow. What completely brought the movie down for me were those sequences (accompanied by overly sentimental music) where they prompt you to consider the profound exercise in sociology these characters intertwining lives supposedly represent. And the sense in every frame that the filmakers believe they are giving a hard, focused look at the unvarnished truth about race relations in America just by having characters who aren't so simply shaded as they first appear. Then having them give bigoted speeches which they are forced to confront in a very, as you say, contrived array of circumstances . Cue the slow-mo shots of snow falling with piano music.
Brokeback, Good Night and Good Luck and Capote were all way, way better, IMO. Haven't seen Munich yet.

Robertmto
06-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Malibu's Most Wanted

Arcadian
06-25-2006, 03:51 AM
As far as Crash goes I liked the Cheadle storyline and love Cheadle. Matt Dillion I always enjoy.

Beyond that The movie would have been a braver film 15 years ago. For dealing with such a hot topic it ruffled surprisingly few feathers. I suspect that is because "we are all racist" is a safe statement.

Aside from the contrived events as a PT Anderson fan I looked down on the films efforts to be like Magnolia. The meladrama rang false for me as well.

I'd call it a good movie with flaws but certainly not great or profound.

317Kim
06-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Click

It was a really good movie.

indytoad
06-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Vertigo. First time seeing it - was a good movie, but I didn't enjoy it as much other Hitchcock films I'd seen. Just rang hollow for me, I guess, dunno why.

The Chinese Connection. I love cheesy kung fu movies. This one answered my long-standing question: how you tell the difference between a Chinese person and a Japanese person? The answer? Their nipples, apparently.

Scary Movie 4. Not quite as good as the last one, but I enjoyed it.

Rope. The best Hitchcock movie you've never heard of. Or, more accurately, the best Hitchcock movie I'd never heard of.

IndyToad
The nerds were right

Kegboy
06-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Madagascar

Eh. The penguins were the only good thing about it.

Hicks
06-25-2006, 08:53 PM
The Omen.

I was bored the first hour or so, but I mildly enjoyed the rest.

vapacersfan
06-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Like Mike 2: streetball

Get rich or Die Tryin'

SoupIsGood
06-25-2006, 10:08 PM
After the Sunset

Dang, Salma Hayek is hot.

vapacersfan
06-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT see See No Evil.

I went out with a co-worker. Needless to say, the only good thing about the movie was it was a Monday night and it was empty, so we were cuddling the whole movie

It wasnt even scary, it was just freaking grusome

SoupIsGood
06-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I want to see Click sometime.

Aw Heck
06-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Superman Returns

I'm gonna echo what most of the reviews have said. It's good, not great.

Gyron
06-28-2006, 08:29 AM

You should get your girlfriend to take you.....oh wait, nevermind, she's already seen it.

Kegboy
07-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Pirates of the Really Long Movie Title

Don't know really what to say. My bet is I feel a lot like most people felt after Matrix Reloaded. Everything is BIGGER but not necessarily better. As I read one reviewer say, the final word on this movie will depend on the next, cause this is all setup.

I'd probably be a lot more positive, but there are a couple of pretty drastic changes to characters, changes that I really didn't care for. One is understandable, one, not so much. It makes sense, I guess, but I'm not feeling it. There's a big move made by somebody at the end, that pretty much puts what happens next on false pretenses. I'm just too much of an idealist, so at least I can count on good ol' Will Turner in that regard, even if people think he's boring.

Anyway, if you liked the first, by all means, go see it, but don't expect the moon and the stars. It's fun, but it's darker, and for those with children, it earns the PG-13 in spades. There were lots of youngin's there that weren't enjoying themselves.

Also, make sure you go somewhere with great sound. I went to my normal theater, not the one with bad sound that I've complained about, and I still had problems understanding people, Davy Jones and the Voodoo lady in particular. Alot of that I believe has to do with their lisp and accent, respectively, though.

DrBadd01
07-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Why we Fight

Wow. Anything I say about this film won't do it justice. I absoloutly loved it. Eugene Jareki did a great job showing how Dwight Eisenhower's warnings of the military industrial complex have come to pass today. Using a interviews from John McCain, Richard Perle, and William Crystal, amongst others he shows the slippery slope we are on right now. He does a great job of showing an unbiased perspective and really tells the story of our current foriegn policy well.

I highly reccomend this film to anyone who hasn't seen it.

07-09-2006, 12:34 PM
"BrainDead" by Peter Jackson...
"Bad Taste" by Peter Jackson...

Very weird experience i must say, i laughed and puked at the same time...

Mourning
07-09-2006, 01:12 PM
"El Lobo", a Spanish movie that plays in the middle of the '70's when Franco was still in power and held the country in a dictatorship.

It's about the first real infiltrator in the ETA (the Basque, terrorist, separation movement) and shows the different agenda's of all sides (Basque terrorists, Basques in ETA who wanted ETA to become a political party and ban the violence, The Spanish security services, citizens both Spanish and Basques caught in the middle).

Pretty good and interesting movie. Good political thriller. Strongly based on historical happennings.

Regards,

vapacersfan
07-09-2006, 01:21 PM

It isnt a typical Sandler movie, and it very much as a "grown-up" theme, but I thought it was a good movie overall

bulletproof
07-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Why we Fight

Wow. Anything I say about this film won't do it justice. I absoloutly loved it. Eugene Jareki did a great job showing how Dwight Eisenhower's warnings of the military industrial complex have come to pass today. Using a interviews from John McCain, Richard Perle, and William Crystal, amongst others he shows the slippery slope we are on right now. He does a great job of showing an unbiased perspective and really tells the story of our current foriegn policy well.

I highly reccomend this film to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Loved it. It's one of those films that make you want to go get a drink afterward. Another one like that, although not quite as good, is one I saw last night: "Who Killed The Electric Car."

DrBadd01
07-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the tip. It sounds really good from the trailer.

Hicks
07-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Click = crap

Superman Returns = liked it quite a bit

Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest = liked it for the most part

Robertmto
07-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Ice Age 2

Hilarious!!

DrBadd01
07-09-2006, 07:09 PM
The Party's over

Another good Documentry. P.Seymor Hoffman does a really good job of guiding you through an uncensored view of the american democracy. Not as good as Why we Fight in my opinion, but still worth watching.

SycamoreKen
07-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Hoodwinked. It was better than I thought it would be. The way the story is told is actually better than the plot itself. The singing goat is pretty funny.

sweabs
07-09-2006, 11:33 PM
October Sky.

Good film.

SoupIsGood
07-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest

LOVED it!

Natston
07-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Hoodwinked. It was better than I thought it would be. The way the story is told is actually better than the plot itself. The singing goat is pretty funny.

The second half was pure crap because they got away from being a parody and tried to be serious. The first half had a couple of laughs but I fear this is just a sign of things to come because studios think that every animated movie will be as good as Shrek and the Pixar movies.

SycamoreKen
07-10-2006, 11:28 AM
The second half was pure crap because they got away from being a parody and tried to be serious. The first half had a couple of laughs but I fear this is just a sign of things to come because studios think that every animated movie will be as good as Shrek and the Pixar movies.

Yea, the ending was easy to figure out. I knew who the villan was during the first "story". It was what it was.

Gyron
07-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Wedding Crashers-Not one of the greatest comedies as I have heard people claim, but it did have some funny parts to it...

40 Year old Virgin-Had some good luaghs, but god that movie seemed like it went on forever...

50 First dates-Third time seeing it. Although it was funny for me again to see the "callahan institue" in a wink to the Chris Farley movie.
As well as thats the same hospital they used for Hurley in the show Lost.

btowncolt
07-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Rugrats in Paris.

McClintic Sphere
07-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Rugrats in Paris.

Too much partial nudity for my taste, but a least there wasn't any headbutting.

dannyboy
07-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Four Brothers
The 40 Year-Old Virgin
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
Black Knight

Pig Nash
07-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Four Brothers
The 40 Year-Old Virgin
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
Black Knight

I've seen two of those and I liked both of them, guess which ones.

Los Angeles
07-11-2006, 08:22 PM
The Devil Wears Prada

Don't be scared away by the "chick flick" stink coming from the ads. This is actually a very entertaining movie.

indytoad
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
King Kong. Great movie all around. I didn't mind the length at all.

Transporter 2. Nifty acrobatics cannot overcome rampant stupidity and terrible camerawork.

IndyToad
Plinck plinck

McClintic Sphere
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
King Kong. Great movie all around. I didn't mind the length at all.

I watched that as well and was surprised at how enjoyable it was. Although, I watched in three segments which made the length more bearable. Basically I watched the ship to island part, then the whole island sequence, and then the return to New York. The casting was really good and Jack Black didn't do the scenery chewing he usually does. It was like an ode to B movies with a wink to the audience, although I can't imagine how loud it must have been at the theatres.

dannyboy
07-12-2006, 11:24 AM
I've seen two of those and I liked both of them, guess which ones.

I don't know about the other three, but I hope you've had the privilege of seeing Black Knight. I haven't the words to describe the experience.

Pig Nash
07-12-2006, 11:54 AM
nope, haven't seen it, i'll have to check it out.

dannyboy
07-12-2006, 12:23 PM
nope, haven't seen it, i'll have to check it out.

Just to warn you, my response was somewhat sarcastic (although I did actually like the movie). An overwhelming majority thought that it was hot garbage, as seen here (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/black_knight/). This is my favorite review, because I agree with it and it’s one of the main reasons that I enjoyed the movie:

"It almost seems like they made things up as they went along"

Pig Nash
07-12-2006, 12:26 PM
well i'll HAVE to check it out now! :lmao:

SycamoreKen
07-12-2006, 10:42 PM
We saw Pirates today. It was pretty good. It didn't seem like it was 2 1/2 hours long though. Can't wait for part 3. The guy playing Davey Jones was great.

Skaut_Ech
07-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Just to warn you, my response was somewhat sarcastic (although I did actually like the movie). An overwhelming majority thought that it was hot garbage, as seen here (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/black_knight/). This is my favorite review, because I agree with it and itís one of the main reasons that I enjoyed the movie:

"It almost seems like they made things up as they went along"

Martin Lawrence is the singularly most unfunny guy in Hollywood, yet he keeps getting work. Maybe he and Chris "my fifteen minutes of fame are over, but maybe I can keep resetting the clock" Tucker and he can pull a Themla and Louise and do us all a favor.

Stryder
07-14-2006, 10:52 AM
We saw Pirates today. It was pretty good. It didn't seem like it was 2 1/2 hours long though. Can't wait for part 3. The guy playing Davey Jones was great.

Bill Nighy. He also played Viktor in both of the Underworld movies. And he was in the Hitchhiker's Guide movie and Shaun of the Dead.

Great actor.

bulletproof
07-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Martin Lawrence is the singularly most unfunny guy in Hollywood, yet he keeps getting work. Maybe he and Chris "my fifteen minutes of fame are over, but maybe I can keep resetting the clock" Tucker and he can pull a Themla and Louise and do us all a favor.

My vote for the singularly most unfunny guy in Hollywood goes to Will Farrell (funny on SNL though) followed closely by Robin Williams.

Leisure Suit Larry
07-14-2006, 11:55 AM
My vote for the singularly most unfunny guy in Hollywood goes to Will Farrell (funny on SNL though) followed closely by Robin Williams.]

You don't think Will Ferrell is funny?! Are you serious?

Bball
07-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Will Farrell isn't high on my list of funny people either...

-Bball

bulletproof
07-14-2006, 03:31 PM
You don't think Will Ferrell is funny?! Are you serious?

He's a clod. There are some people who are naturally funny. He tries too hard to be funny and always falls back on being ham-fisted and over-the-top and stinks up any scene he's in.

Mourning
07-14-2006, 05:36 PM
He's a clod. There are some people who are naturally funny. He tries too hard to be funny and always falls back on being ham-fisted and over-the-top and stinks up any scene he's in.

He overdoes it on a massively and totally NON-funny way, in my opinion, offcourse, and as we seem to aggree I will only say :amen: and "God save the Queen!" :D:D;).

MSA2CF
07-14-2006, 10:53 PM
PeeWee's Big Adventure...Actually on now on TV Land. HA HA! :blush:

Suaveness
07-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Bill Nighy. He also played Viktor in both of the Underworld movies. And he was in the Hitchhiker's Guide movie and Shaun of the Dead.

Great actor.

Quite funny in Love Actually also

I like Vince Vaughn better...he has a knack for it

Robertmto
07-15-2006, 04:12 AM
PeeWee's Big Adventure...Actually on now on TV Land. HA HA! :blush:

I watched it too!! Am I the only one who considers thata classic??

bulletproof
07-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Monster House. Charming. Funny. Original. :thumbsup:

Isaac
07-16-2006, 12:20 PM
The Hills Have Eyes. Gory.

SoupIsGood
07-16-2006, 07:39 PM

I agree. He's got the same act that he uses over and over, and sometimes it's really funny... but most the time it is almost boring.
----------------------------------------------------------
You, Me, and Dupree

I actually liked it. It was a LOT better than I was expecting.

Robertmto
07-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Hostel

Chauncey
07-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Crossroads -- not the Britney Spears one..the Ralph Maccio (sp?) one

bulletproof
07-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Crossroads -- not the Britney Spears one..the Ralph Maccio (sp?) one

Is one less awful than the other?

Robertmto
07-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Dave Chapelle's Block Party.

Good Comedy

GREAT music

Gyron
07-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Forrest Gump

I started watching the new miniseries(actually a collection of short stories) by stephen king on TNT. I have to say, the first episode was pretty darn good. And not one word was spoken the ENTIRE episode. Let me repeat, NOT ONE WORD.

Very interesting way to start it off.

Skaut_Ech
07-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Double feature:

Kill Bill volume I (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_Bill)

and

Samurai Fiction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Fiction)

I realy enjoyed trying to pick out the homages in Kill. Man, I REALLY like that movie, despite some of it's glaring flaws. Fiction is kinda genric, but the little quirks make it well worth it. Still, stylish fun.

MagicRat
07-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Monster House. Charming. Funny. Original. :thumbsup:

Hey, that's not out yet.

We saw the preview before Cars and it looked pretty good. Too scary for a 7 year-old?

Did you see it in 3D?

bulletproof
07-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Hey, that's not out yet.

We saw the preview before Cars and it looked pretty good. Too scary for a 7 year-old?

Did you see it in 3D?

It was an advanced screening. I don't know how much of a wuss your 7 year-old is, but my 3 year-old held up just fine. ;)

Didn't see it in 3-D.

MagicRat
07-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't know how much of a wuss your 7 year-old is, but my 3 year-old held up just fine. ;)

Well, he thought The Hills Have Eyes and Hostel were pretty good, but I wasn't sure about this one since several people were eaten in the trailer........

bulletproof
07-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, he thought The Hills Have Eyes and Hostel were pretty good, but I wasn't sure about this one since several people were eaten in the trailer........

My daughter likes to be scared, and she was a couple of times, but it's really not that bad.

RWB
07-18-2006, 07:57 AM
followed closely by Robin Williams.

BP, I'd have to disagree. Williams has been great in a drama/comedy like Good Morning Vietnam, the World According to Garp, Patch Adams, or Dead Poets.

And I'll admit I enjoyed Mrs. Doubtfire, Best of Times, and Jumanji.

Actually the guy is pretty talented when you consider his roles in Good Will Hunting, Awakenings, and Jakob the Liar. Mark me down as a Williams fan for his acting and comedy routines.

Gyron
07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
I agree RWB.

Kegboy
07-18-2006, 11:33 AM

:lmao:

Kraft
07-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Jakob the Liar.

Not to go all foreign-film snobby, but this rendition of this film was horrible when compared to the original.

I could've really cared less if Williams was had a personal brick wall built around him, with the movie ending immediately thereafter.

indytoad
07-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Happy, Texas. Two straight men have to pretend to be gay, with hilarious consequences! Ah ha ha...ha...ha ha...ha... Solidifies my theory that any movie starring Steve Zahn is going to be terrible.

Duck Soup. Yeah, I'd actually never seen this before. Interesting to see the famous sketches tied together in a whole story. Groucho is still the king of one-liners.

Zatoichi (2003). It drags a bit in the middle, and the CGI is distractingly obvious, but overall a very enjoyable movie. Has a few neat musical sequences, including a big dance number at the end - don't see many of those in samurai movies.

IndyToad
I can make it on my own

Skaut_Ech
07-19-2006, 08:58 AM
BP, I'd have to disagree. Williams has been great in a drama/comedy like Good Morning Vietnam, the World According to Garp, Patch Adams, or Dead Poets.

And I'll admit I enjoyed Mrs. Doubtfire, Best of Times, and Jumanji.

Actually the guy is pretty talented when you consider his roles in Good Will Hunting, Awakenings, and Jakob the Liar. Mark me down as a Williams fan for his acting and comedy routines.

You know, I started to agree, basically, with bulletproof. It's easy for me to dismiss Robin because I find him personally so damn annoying and he can have a tendance to be really cloying and too over the top. I just tried to be objective about the way I am about Tom Cruise. Both guys I don't care for off screen, but can seperate the off screen guy from the on screen guy.

With Williams, in too many of his dramas he throws too much at you: he's too earnest, his brow is overly furrowed. He has a HARD time with retraint. His comedy? Uh....

First of all, I won't watch a comedy with him in it if I can help it, but then again, he's been in some dramas where I thought he was pretty great. Matter of fact, I think he was picture perfect in the Fisher King and Moscow on the Hudson and Good Will Hunting and Garp and.....

It's just that it's easy to overlook some of the real gems of his, because he's just too, too, much in stuff like Dead Poets, Doubtfire, Patch, Hook (horrible casting), Dreams May Come...the list goes on and on and on.

I try to avoid his stuff when I can, but I thnk he has the potential to be amazing, but he just missed the mark more often than not.

I'll go with my previous post about Martin Lawrence and nod in agreement about Will Farrell, but I'm a little hestitant about Robin Williams. I've never actively gone to a movie starring him other than Awakenings and King, so I've kinda watched a lot of his stuff by accident (on TV, nothing else on, wife wanted to see it, etc.)

I've seen him do some great stuff, unlike Ferrell and Lawrence, so I can't lump him in that group.

Mourning
07-19-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't like Robin Williams very much either, but he does have some good roles. Particularly "Good Will Hunting" comes to mind. "Garp" is decent too. And I'm sure there are someothers too.

Basically, like Skaut just wrote and with which I aggree, I don't like the man's comedies (which he does wayyyyy too much), but I like SOME of his more serious roles.

Regards,

Robertmto
07-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Lion King

Unclebuck
07-20-2006, 08:04 PM
We saw Pirates today, and I still haven't seen the first one, but I wanted to scream at the screen, please quiet down and slow down, let me catch my breath. I felt like I had been on a very uncomfortable roller coaster for 2.5 hours.

Maybe I'm getting old, and yes I know it is an action movie, but whatever happened to the art of making an action movie. Now it seems like it is action all the time and the plot and character development is nonexistant. Whatever happened to building a movie to a climax, getting to know the characters, whatever happened to a little bit of subtleness. I feel like I've been hit over the head with a hammer all afternoon. OK, yes have some action scenes, but vary the tempo of it, this movie just seemed like full speed ahead to the point where the last 60 minutes I was thinking more about the Pacers acquiring Al than what I was watching.

Fireball Kid
07-21-2006, 12:34 AM
EuroTrip

Stryder
07-21-2006, 06:48 AM
We saw Pirates today, and I still haven't seen the first one, but I wanted to scream at the screen, please quiet down and slow down, let me catch my breath. I felt like I had been on a very uncomfortable roller coaster for 2.5 hours.

Maybe I'm getting old, and yes I know it is an action movie, but whatever happened to the art of making an action movie. Now it seems like it is action all the time and the plot and character development is nonexistant. Whatever happened to building a movie to a climax, getting to know the characters, whatever happened to a little bit of subtleness. I feel like I've been hit over the head with a hammer all afternoon. OK, yes have some action scenes, but vary the tempo of it, this movie just seemed like full speed ahead to the point where the last 60 minutes I was thinking more about the Pacers aquiring Al than what I was watching.

Watch the first one. Duh!

Unclebuck
07-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Watch the first one. Duh!

I don't think I can sit through it, if it is like the second one. Will watching the first one stop the pounding headache that the second one gave me

N8R
07-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Flightplan - Pretty bad movie

dannyboy
07-21-2006, 03:12 PM

Iíve been a Martin fan since the days of House Party and Do The Right Thing, and I can absolutely see how someone could find him completely unfunny. I donít rush out to the theater to see his movies, but I enjoy them because they tend to be either pretty good (Life, Talking Dirty After Dark, Blue Streak) or so awesomely bad that I end up laughing at how pitiful they are (Black Knight, Nothing to Lose, National Security). So I either end up with intentional or unintentional comedy, both of which I enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------
The Year of the Yao
The Aviator
Pimp C Presents Pimpalation: Return of the Trill
Syriana

Kraft
07-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Saw II

I didn't have very much fun this time around. How predictable.

And the girl who puts her hands up through the blades? That's beyond illogical.

Stryder
07-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Saw II...And the girl who puts her hands up through the blades? That's beyond illogical.

As is the whole premise of the movie and all of the events that occur in it.

I still enjoyed it for what it was, though.

Naptown_Seth
07-23-2006, 12:52 AM
The Devil Wears Prada

Don't be scared away by the "chick flick" stink coming from the ads. This is actually a very entertaining movie.
Streep is bad a**, she really carries the film. My wife read the book and was one who thought they took some of the edge off and gave it a moral that she didn't see in the book. I thought it was pretty strong.

Superman Returns - stuffs bits in that should have waited for a 2nd film and that makes it drag at times, but that freaking airplane rescue is one of the greatest action scenes in the last 20 years. It's Fellowship Troll fight, Ronin car chase good.

A Scanner Darkly - Good but not great. If you enjoyed Waking Life, Linklater's other rotoscope/painted film movie then you are going to like this, another Philip K Dick story turned into a film. I think it was the most like Dick's work that I've read, which isn't totally a good thing. For his other famous stories the filmmakers actually improved and expanded things into a smooth narrative instead of a curious but somewhat aimless and upbruptly ending story (Total Recall, Blade Runner, Screamers, Minority Report being the best film versions of his stuff)

This is a lot more like reading Dick's work, it gets to you but also sort of dumps you off in the middle of nowhere and drives off. :)

indytoad
07-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Sonatine. A movie with a lot of gangsters in it, but it's not a gangster movie. It's interesting.

Pirates of the Carribean: The Next One. More of the same, pretty much, but I enjoyed it, if only to watch the special effects. Davy Jones' crew was quite cool.

Love Actually. Seven generic love movies for the price of one!

IndyToad
Kick ***

Jose Slaughter
07-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Musa: The Warrior

http://www.blockbuster.com/catalog/DisplayMoreMovieProductDetails.action?movieID=1176 62&channel=Movies&subChannel=sub#Cast

Touted as the most expensive Korean film ever produced, Musa is a sweeping real-life epic about an official envoy from Koryo (ancient Korea) struggling to stay alive in war-torn China. The film is set in 1375 when the Yuan dynasty collapses after a 100-year reign against the insurgent Ming. As the Ming dynasty solidifies power pushing the remaining Yuan armies to the north and west, Koryo sends a delegation of diplomats to shore up their strained relations with the new government. Upon arrival the lead diplomat is thrown in jail and the rest are exiled to the dusty hinterland for spying. There, the party is ambushed by Yuan soldiers. The survivors are led by General Choi Jung and a bodyguard slave of another fallen general, Yeo-sol. After facing all sorts of adversities, the group make it to a remote country inn where they learn that the beautiful Ming princess Furong (played by Zhang Ziyi of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon fame) has been kidnapped. When Yeo-sol gets abducted by the same band of Yuan thugs, Choi Jung resolves to free them both. Fleeing from the same Yuan army, the Koryo warriors with Furong in tow learn that the Yuan has burned all ferryboats in the Yellow River valley. When they happen upon a group of Ming refugees, Furong promises them supplies and safe passage home if they escort the refugees to the Mud Castle upriver. The castle, however, proves to be in ruins and the Yuan are closing in.

Excellent movie.

Good story line, top notch acting through out & the fight scenes are nothing short of amazing.

For those that would like a taste of what international cinema is offering I highly reccommend Musa: The Warrior .

sweabs
07-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Ali G Indahouse.

Hicks
07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Clerks II. Pillow Pants.

Shade
07-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Clerks 2. One of Kevin Smith's best.

A Scanner Darkly. I missed the first 20 minutes or so, so I was confused throughout and still don't have a solid grasp on what happened. I'll have to see it once more before fully judging it.

Pirates 2. Very good, right up there with the first one.

I'm looking forward to seeing My Super Ex-Girlfriend and Monster House soon, and may also catch Lady in the Water and The Devil Wears Prada. Plus, Clerks 2 a few more times as well. :D

SycamoreKen
07-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Finally saw War of the Worlds, Tom Cruise version, because it was on HBO and nothing else was on. I must say, the low budget version that was on Sci Fi Channel a couple of weeks ago was better. The effects were good, but the ending just reeked. I knew it ended bad going in, but that was just stupid! My wife and I both turned to each other and said, "I'm sure glad we didn't pay for that." Of course, we did pay with those precious moments of our lives.

Gyron
07-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Underworld:evolution.

Man she was hot!

Stryder
07-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Underworld:evolution.

Man she was hot!

You got that right.

Gyron
07-24-2006, 01:02 PM
I like a girl who knows how to handle a lethal weapon all the while being totally acrobatic and flexible.....

Stryder
07-24-2006, 01:27 PM
The Machinist

Starring Christian Bale.

Very good. Bale dropped 60 lbs for the role. I'd recommend it to anyone that liked "Memento", "American Psycho", "High Tension", or even "Vanilla Sky"

N8R
07-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Waiting
Ali G In Da House
Wedding Crashers

All good. Waiting really funny and I suggest to anyone who hasnt seen it

sweabs
07-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Waiting
Ali G In Da House
Wedding Crashers

All good. Waiting really funny and I suggest to anyone who hasnt seen it

Hey...who did you see those with?

Naptown_Seth
07-24-2006, 04:47 PM
The Machinist

Starring Christian Bale.

Very good. Bale dropped 60 lbs for the role. I'd recommend it to anyone that liked "Memento", "American Psycho", "High Tension", or even "Vanilla Sky"
It was literally disturbing to see him that thin. As shocking as seeing DeNiro bulked up at the end of Raging Bull.

I missed the first 20 minutes or so, :-o 20 minutes!!! Why bother, and doubly so in this case. The movie is straight forward once you get the angle, but without the initial setup of the disguises for example I have no idea what a person would think was going on.

Stryder
07-24-2006, 08:06 PM
It was literally disturbing to see him that thin. As shocking as seeing DeNiro bulked up at the end of Raging Bull.

:-o 20 minutes!!! Why bother, and doubly so in this case. The movie is straight forward once you get the angle, but without the initial setup of the disguises for example I have no idea what a person would think was going on.

Yes, it was disturbing. I read he dropped the 60 lbs. by eating an apple and a can of tuna a day. Nasty.

birdman
07-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Clerks II, funniest movie I've seen in awhile. F^CK PILLOW PANTS!

Mourning
07-25-2006, 02:09 AM
"The Machinist" is pretty good, yes.

"Bread and Roses" with Adrian Brody, pretty decent movie.

BoomBaby31
07-25-2006, 03:41 AM
Wedding Crashers.

Shockingly good. I thought it was going to be some sappy chick flick but, that movie was pretty darn funny. Worth a rent maybe a 10 dollar buy.

dannyboy
07-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Malcolm X
Clerks II
Paid in Full

Isaac
07-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Malcolm X
Clerks II
Paid in Full

:lol: you had quite a day.

dannyboy
07-25-2006, 05:38 PM
:lol: you had quite a day.
:chuckle: Naw, those are the ones I watched over the weekend. Watching all of those in a row would be a lot to swallow.

bulletproof
07-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Malcolm X

Me too.

Shade
07-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Just saw My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It was okay, a fun little movie.

Then I watched Clerks 2 again. :D

Los Angeles
07-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Just saw My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It was okay, a fun little movie.

Then I watched Clerks 2 again. :D
Do you work at a theater or something?

Peck
07-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Malcolm X

Me three

AesopRockOn
07-26-2006, 06:52 AM
Pirates - entertaining, long
Superman - boring, long
Ex-girlfriend - "cute"
Y,M,Dupree - Wilson's good, that's it
Ladyin the Water - a big joke
Fearless - definitely watchable
Naughty Nurses 45 - ...how did that get there, must be a mistake

DrBadd01
07-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Clerks 2

Shade
07-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Do you work at a theater or something?

No, but my brother does. :eyebrow:

Suaveness
07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Shaolin Soccer. Pretty entertaining.

Unclebuck
07-26-2006, 10:11 PM
No, but my brother does. :eyebrow:

Which one, or don't you want to us

bulletproof
07-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Me three

That's kinda odd, no? Three PD forumites watching Malcolm X over the weekend. I own it on DVD. Did it air on TV or something?

Shade
07-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Which one, or don't you want to us

Which one what? I only have one brother. :confused:

vapacersfan
07-26-2006, 10:43 PM

Which movie theatre, I'm guessing

Unclebuck
07-27-2006, 01:59 PM

Not sure if you were trying to be funny, but that was pretty funny. I was asking which movie theater, but you don't have to tell us, you never know who is reading this forum. Just making conversation.

Shade
07-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I was just messin' wit' 'ya. :D

The AMC theater at Clearwater. I used to work there too about 7 years ago, when it was still General Cinema.

McClintic Sphere
07-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I was just messin' wit' 'ya. :D

The AMC theater at Clearwater. I used to work there too about 7 years ago, when it was still General Cinema.

Way back when you were still employable, eh?

Unclebuck
07-27-2006, 08:15 PM
"Miami Vice" opens tomorrow and I realize many of you were too young to watch it when it was on TV in the mid 80's. The first season of the series was excellent TV, but then it quickly became horrible.

So I don't think there is really much demand for a Miami Vice movie. However I'll go see any movie directed by Michael Mann, I don't care what it's about.

indytoad
07-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Better the second time around.

Grandma's Boy. Good concept, bad execution. A two-hour pot joke, essentially.

Death to Smoochy. Woah, Jon Stewart was in this movie!

IndyToad
Not gonna take it any more

SoupIsGood
07-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Monster House, I liked it

RWB
07-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Sleepaway Camp.......B-movie slasher (without any blood) flick from the 80s.

Been a long time since I laughed that hard and the movie was trying to be serious. Feeling like a MST3K mood? Rent this one please. :laugh:

Stryder
07-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Pink Flamingos...

It was on the Sundance channel...I'm surprised that they can air the NC-17 full blown (pardon the pun) version of the movie.

It's just one of those movies everyone needs to view once...and only once...but I've seen it more than once....

SoupIsGood
07-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Shaggy Dog

Unclebuck
07-29-2006, 07:57 AM
A few pages back there was a discussion about Robin Williams, and I couldn't remember the name of the a movie in which he had a great performance. Well I do now

"One Hour Photo" pretty good movie, and I think an excellent performance by Robin Williams.

AesopRockOn
07-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Miami Vice was entertaining; Mann is good with summer action movies and Farell's acting was only partly ****ty

8.9_seconds
07-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Lady in the water

Crapfest.Horrible.

sweabs
07-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Just finished watching Click.

SoupIsGood
07-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Lady in the water

Crapfest.Horrible.

Really? I was going to watch that tonight. It doesn't look good, I'm hoping for some just at leas enjoyable

SycamoreKen
07-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Watched the Princess Bride last night, or early this morning actually witht he youth group. Still funny.

Independence Day. I forgot how corny it was, but it was the first movie my wife and I saw together.

SoupIsGood
07-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Independence Day. I forgot how corny it was, but it was the first movie my wife and I saw together.

:) That's pretty cool.

bellisimo
07-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Had some extra time to catch a few movies this past couple of days.

Grilled - Worth a look as a DVD flick.

Find Me Guilty - Vin Diesel actually does some acting in this movie. It was about 2 hours...and if you're into the trial movies...worth a look

Grandma's Boy - a few laughs here and there...but nothing over the top.

Legend of Zorro - I used to be a Zorro the TV show when I was a child...but I guess I grew out of it. It just felt stupid for him to fight with a sword when the enemies had guns...but decided to have a swordfight??

Dodgeball - A bit old, but finally managed to see it. worth watching if you like Vince Vaughn or Ben Stiller movies.

Final Destination 3 - if you loved the first two...you'll manage to finish watching this one...but I was a bit disappointed this time around.

The Benchwarmers - A Rob Schneider movie that has a moral? It works...worth a look....even if you arent a fan of R.S.

You Got Served - The dance battles were the only reason i watched it. and if you're fan of hip-hop...check it..if not...don't waste your time.

The Forgotten - A bit of twists here and there to keep you guessing...it does fall a bit short of being something memorable. If you like suspense/thriller...its worth a look.

The Proposition - Its a good cowboy flick.

V for Vendetta - Have to say it was the best of the bunch. if you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

SoupIsGood
07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Crap, I never saw final dest 3!

SoupIsGood
07-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Watched Lady in the Water. Indeed, it was straight crap. What a stupid movie.

Robertmto
07-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Love and Basketball - liking that movie got me my last gf

:D

Stryder
07-30-2006, 01:35 AM
"Miami Vice"

Good. If you liked "Collateral" or "Heat", then you will like this one. Farell is not one of my favorite actors, but he did a decent job. Foxx is excellent, as he is in most of his stuff.

This is not your father's "Miami Vice". This movie is dark. It is dirty. The way it should/would have been in reality.

This is the type of movie that should be seen in a theater setting. Period. I wish the soundtrack would have used some songs from the original series, but I did like the Audioslave tracks.

I'll buy it on DVD, to go right along with my copies of "Heat" and "Collateral".

vapacersfan
07-30-2006, 11:17 AM
I saw Miami Vice twice yesterday, I enjoyed it, although I have to admit I enjoyed it more the second time then I did the first.

The women who played truty (I think she starred in Selena?) was hot as hell.

I loved all of the gun scenes, esp. the ones at the end. All of those were bad ***.

I was kind of mad they didnt have a introduction or anything that tied the TV show to the movie, and even madder the only time we heard the them song was when they played the theme song in the closing credits.

I loved that ferrari F430 Spider. The Bentley wasnt that bad looking either.

sweabs
07-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Just finished watching Nacho Libre.

It was pretty stupid, and not all that funny.

bellisimo
07-30-2006, 05:22 PM
saw Fast and Furious 3.
nothing inspiring.
but hot cars as always.

sweabs
07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
You, Me, & Dupree.

Some funny parts. Not too bad.

redwillow
07-31-2006, 05:14 PM
The Emerald Forest. An 80's movie about a white boy being stolen by natives in the rainforest. The father finds the boy when he is around 15 but the kid has gone totaly native. Good flick. Way better plot than I thought it would be. Lots of skin, if you are in to that type of thing. :D

btowncolt
07-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Anything with Mel Gibson.

What a guy.

redwillow
07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Shattered Glass, starring Hayden Christenson. This was a film (true story?) about a journalist who gets caught fabricating his articles. This was definetly not an action movie. I think a brisk walk was about as much action as there was. But overall I enjoyed it.

birdman
07-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Shattered Glass, starring Hayden Christenson. This was a film (true story?) about a journalist who gets caught fabricating his articles. This was definetly not an action movie. I think a brisk walk was about as much action as there was. But overall I enjoyed it.

Pretty descent film, and yes it is a true story.

N8R
08-01-2006, 05:56 PM
You, Me and Dupree

It is was better than I thought it would be but I did think it was going to be absoluate garbage so that might not be saying too much.

AesopRockOn
08-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Anything with Mel Gibson.

What a guy.

The same one that is in rehab for anti-semitism while driving drunk?:buddies:

Scarface - what a classic. Al Pacino = best ever[.]

avoidingtheclowns
08-03-2006, 10:24 AM
the last few...

THE MATADOR - funny film... pierce brosnan, greg kinnear, hope davis are great

WHITECOATS - i watched this solely on the fact that dave foley was in it on a whim. even if you're a dave foley fan, please stay away from this film. please, just stop. the film so desperately wants to be scrubs but fails so miserably. i watched the bonus features and there was an interview with Dan Aykroyd (who was in the film) and said first that he got the script and loved it... you could literally watch him choke those words out... to be followed by but I love Dave Thomas (who wrote the film... he's of SC TV fame) and would do anything if he asked (infinitely more probable).

THE YES MEN - interesting documentary which follows some prankster activists pose as WTO operatives (first by creating a satirical WTO website, then after being invited to speak at conferences and on television.) They document three events in which they are invited to speak in belief that they're organization is linked to the WTO... one involves efficiency business suit with a massive inflatable phallus... funny and interesting and fairly dark look at global free trade...

CACHE - a french thriller, reminded me of Hitchcock.

KISS KISS BANG BANG - robert downey jr at his overly paranoid and spazzy best, val kilmer is quite enjoyable too. definitely dark and off the wall.

JESUS IS MAGIC - a bizarrely compiled feature film, in which the star is Sarah Silverman's hilarious comedy. the standup sections are hilarious but the standup is broken up by odd song & dance numbers. if you enjoy sarah silverman's comedy, or if you enjoy edgy comedy, this is worth a look...

as i only recently graduated from college, i don't go to many films in theatres, but the last one i went to was THANK YOU FOR SMOKING and i highly recommend it. hilarious.

McClintic Sphere
08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
FWIW, you have some good tastes, avoidingtheclowns.

Bolivia-Argentinian film about a Bolivian emigre who gets a job as a cook in an Argentine bar. Starkly realistic, black and white. Memorable, if you like your cinema verite.

MagicRat
08-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Clerks 2

Kegboy
08-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Clerks 2

What'd the kids think?

Hicks
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM
What'd the kids think?

If nothing else, it's spared M_R from giving the sex talk to them later in life. They know the secret now.

Hoop
08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Poseidon (2006)

Not bad, the original was probably better.

MagicRat
08-04-2006, 09:54 PM
What'd the kids think?

I think they thought the first one was better, although they were glad this one had lots of pretty colors.

They were a little confused by pickle******, too.

When he walked in the restaurant my daughter Stephen said, "Hey, there's that tracer!" and Jamaal replied, "No, that's Brodie. Why doesn't he have his little cup?" Then baby Runi said, "Nope, that Earl. Hey, Earl! ("Hey, crabman.") Why did you let Randy buy drugs from Jay and Silent Bob at the beginning of the movie? That's not going to be good for your karma."

If nothing else, it's spared M_R from giving the sex talk to them later in life. They know the secret now.

I think trolls scared them enough that I shouldn't ever have a problem.

Hicks
08-04-2006, 10:18 PM
The Descent.

Pretty good for a horror movie. It avoids a lot of the lame qualities of mainstream horror films, which I appreciated. Usually horror films make you roll your eyes a lot, but this one I think only did that once to me. I may see it again sometimes (probably on DVD).

SycamoreKen
08-04-2006, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=MagicRat]

When he walked in the restaurant my daughter Stephen said, "Hey, there's that tracer!" and Jamaal replied, "No, that's Brodie. Why doesn't he have his little cup?" Then baby Runi said, "Nope, that Earl. Hey, Earl! ("Hey, crabman.") Why did you let Randy buy drugs from Jay and Silent Bob at the beginning of the movie? That's not going to be good for your karma."

QUOTE]

:rotflmao:

We watched final destination 3 tonight. It was what it was.

Bball
08-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Talladega Nights- The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

It's a Will Farrell movie. That probably says it all.

It sorta reminded me of Joe Dirt. Sorta...

-Bball

Raskolnikov
08-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Lucky Number Slevin

Long time ago I've seen such a good film. What a plot.

It's a must see!

MagicRat
08-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Monster House in 3D

bulletproof
08-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Ant Bully - 3 1/2 stars

The Searchers (1956) - great western starring John Wayne; directed by John Ford

Overnight - documentary about the rise and fall of "filmmaker" Troy Duffy (The Boondock Saints)

Aw Heck
08-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Overnight - documentary about the rise and fall of "filmmaker" Troy Duffy (The Boondock Saints)
How was that? Some of my friends adore the Boondock Saints, while I absolutely hate the movie. Would this be the type of doc to show them?

:devil:

SycamoreKen
08-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Animal house. Had never seen it until tonight. pretty funny. Now i see where all of those other copy cat movies came from.

bulletproof
08-06-2006, 10:58 AM
How was that? Some of my friends adore the Boondock Saints, while I absolutely hate the movie. Would this be the type of doc to show them?

:devil:

It's an eye opener. You will be amazed and amused at this guy's megalomania. He was handed the keys to the kingdom and blew it. It's shocking. So yeah, I'd show it to them. I think the movie is absolute dreck as well.

bulletproof
08-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Little Miss Sunshine. Best movie of the year...so far. I haven't laughed that hard during a movie in a long time.

avoidingtheclowns
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Little Miss Sunshine is certainly on my "NEED TO SEE" list which includes:
A Scanner Darkly
Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room
Who Killed the Electric Car
Strangers With Candy
This Film is Not Yet Rated
When Standup Stood Out
The Night Listener
Confederate States of America
The Illusionist
The Proposition

to name a few...

RWB
08-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Enron: Smartest Guys in the Room
Who Killed the Electric Car

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

N8R
08-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Talladega Nights

Good movie but there was a jerk behind me who was constantly kicking my chair and a douchbag beside my friend had a very very annoying laugh and was laughing at the dumbest things. The movie however was very enjoyable. I laughed many times through it.

indytoad
08-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Shadow of a Doubt. An earlier Hitchcock movie - it doesn't have the greatest plot, but the acting (especially Joseph Cotten's Uncle Charlie) is very strong.

A Scanner Darkly. The most faithful - if not the best - adaption of one of Dick's stories that I've seen. I'm usually not a bit fan of drug movies, but the characters - Downey's especially - and the visuals kept me in thrall.

As a small aside: the Indie Cinema - or whatever it's called - in the Fashion Mall is pretty cool.

IndyToad
Broken saint

Ron who?
08-09-2006, 05:05 AM
The Descent... scariest **** i've seen in a long time... like in a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time.... i screamed like a girl in the movie theaters... i didnt understand the ending tho... was that a halucination or was it a ghost w/e....

Skaut_Ech
08-09-2006, 07:31 AM
I finally got around to seeing Open Water. Acting was pretty amatuerish at first, but the tension level later on.....man! And talk about NOT having a Hollywood ending. haunting movie. Makes you wonder what you would do in that situation.

bulletproof
08-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Gimme Shelter (1970). Documentary about the Rolling Stones' concert at the Altamont Speedway where an 18 year-old kid charging the stage with a handgun was stabbed to death by a member of Hell's Angels - who were hired as security that day! The killing is caught on film. It's billed as the event that brought an end to the '60s and the flower power movement. I've seen it before, but it's a great repeat movie.

My favorite part is when they're in the recording studio and we see the Stones listening to the playback of "Wild Horses." Keith Richards is kicked back on the sofa with his feet up on the recording console, eyes closed and mouthing the words to it, smiling every once and awhile in a complete state of bliss. The Stones are at the height of their creative powers and you can only imagine the high of listening to yourself on tape knowing you've just recorded another great song.

317Kim
08-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Bad Boys 2

I loved the first one too.

Hicks
08-09-2006, 12:35 PM
The Descent... scariest **** i've seen in a long time... like in a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time.... i screamed like a girl in the movie theaters... i didnt understand the ending tho... was that a halucination or was it a ghost w/e....

It's a halucination. In fact, the original ending makes it clear. You see, this movie actually came out LAST summer in the UK, and it had a different ending. I've seen it on the net, and I like it better, actually. Everything's the same as what we see, except that after she sees the "ghost", she sees her daughter blowing out the candles again, only this time the moment lasts a little longer, and she thinks she's sitting right there with her. A beat later and the moment's over, and it turns out she never got out; she's still in the cave, and you can hear the crawlers closing in on her.

btowncolt
08-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Going to see Little Miss Sunshine tomorrow night.

Hicks
08-09-2006, 11:49 PM
World Trade Center

It was decent; I felt emotional many times (even though oddly enough I felt bored at other times). Worth seeing.

Ron who?
08-10-2006, 05:10 AM
It's a halucination. In fact, the original ending makes it clear. You see, this movie actually came out LAST summer in the UK, and it had a different ending. I've seen it on the net, and I like it better, actually. Everything's the same as what we see, except that after she sees the "ghost", she sees her daughter blowing out the candles again, only this time the moment lasts a little longer, and she thinks she's sitting right there with her. A beat later and the moment's over, and it turns out she never got out; she's still in the cave, and you can hear the crawlers closing in on her.

umm well i heard another idea that...
she was already having issues and stuff since her daughter and husband died and seeing the thing that her Husband gave Juno pushed her over the edge... she apparently killed about 5 crawlers and there were 5 girls with her... the thing is that the crawlers might have been an entire halcuination to justify her killing of her friends... then she dies in the cave while she goes crazy

Ron who?
08-10-2006, 05:12 AM
Clerks 2.. funny but not as good as i thought it would be

Stryder
08-10-2006, 06:48 AM

The title of the movie is a metaphor for her "descent" into insanity.

Leisure Suit Larry
08-10-2006, 11:43 AM
American Psycho....damn that movie was crazy.

Hicks
08-10-2006, 12:31 PM
umm well i heard another idea that...
she was already having issues and stuff since her daughter and husband died and seeing the thing that her Husband gave Juno pushed her over the edge... she apparently killed about 5 crawlers and there were 5 girls with her... the thing is that the crawlers might have been an entire halcuination to justify her killing of her friends... then she dies in the cave while she goes crazy

I could see them going that way (it would certainly fit), but that's not the actual ending.

Hicks
08-10-2006, 12:32 PM
American Psycho....damn that movie was crazy.

I need to netflix that one. I've seen it on USA, but it was obviously heavily censored. Still, it was weird seeing "Batman" act that way. :laugh:

avoidingtheclowns
08-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Still, it was weird seeing "Batman" act that way. :laugh:

you should see newsies

dannyboy
08-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Black and White
Chris Rock: Bigger & Blacker
16 Blocks
Finding Forrester

Hoop
08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Black and White
Chris Rock: Bigger & Blacker
16 Blocks
Finding Forrester
Finding Forrester, excellent movie!

Hoop
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Talladega Nights - The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

Kinda funny, thought it would be better. I thought Anchorman was funnier.

SoupIsGood
08-10-2006, 10:46 PM
John Tucker Must Die

btowncolt
08-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Little Miss Sunshine.

Entertaining. Got a good laugh out of the last sequence. Still don't like Greg Kinnear.

bulletproof
08-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Little Miss Sunshine.

Entertaining. Got a good laugh out of the last sequence. Still don't like Greg Kinnear.

What don't you like about him? I find that in the right role, he's a surprisingly good actor.

btowncolt
08-11-2006, 12:43 PM
What don't you like about him? I find that in the right role, he's a surprisingly good actor.

Dunno. Couldn't point to anything. I just never really "buy" him in whatever role he's playing, I guess.

Mourning
08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Dunno. Couldn't point to anything. I just never really "buy" him in whatever role he's playing, I guess.

I really thought he played great in "As Good As It Gets", before that I didn't think much of him.

Just saw "Serpico" with Al Pacino, a movie from the '70s. Liked it very much.

Also just started seeying the first of three seasons of "Bottom" a UK comedy series, LOVE IT!

Regards,

Unclebuck
08-11-2006, 07:54 PM
In the few roles I've seen Greg Kinnear play I've really liked him.

Saw "Monster House" today in 3D, it was pretty good. Amazing to look at especially in 3D

Jenrya
08-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Avengers

I thought it was a great movie and after seeing it I will probably check out the comic it is based on.

DrBadd01
08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Insomnia. The 1997 Norweigen version. I liked it a lot. I was pretty happy to see how it differed from the American Version. Over all I thought that it was better than its american counterpart.

pizza guy
08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Taladega Nights - The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

"Jon Gerard now sits on the pole..."

Decent movie, though not what I was expecting. On the Will Ferrel scale it's something like this: Old School >> Ricky Bobby >>>> Bewitched.

SoupIsGood
08-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Talladega Nights
The Break Up

Hicks
08-13-2006, 12:20 AM
The Matador. A goofy comedy about a man who kills people for money. Go figure.

avoidingtheclowns
08-13-2006, 03:18 AM
i loved the matador...
i just watched Adaptation... never seen it before and enjoyed it

Skaut_Ech
08-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Insomnia. The 1997 Norweigen version. I liked it a lot. I was pretty happy to see how it differed from the American Version. Over all I thought that it was better than its american counterpart.

WAY better.

Kegboy
08-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Legend of Zorro

Oh god it was awful. I mildly enjoyed the first one, but this? You'd think Disney would have consulted a history book before greenlighting a movie where the plot centers on California's admission to the Union, nitroglycerine, a map of all 48 states, and the Confederate army?!? I think Wild Wild West was more believable.

Even throwing out the plot, the action was poor and the special effects were a joke. The "fire" in the barn was Ed Wood-worthy.

I can't believe Martin Campbell actually directed this. He must have lost his freakin' mind. Doesn't bode well for Casino Royale.

[edit] I just checked and Disney didn't make this. It was Sony. That makes me feel a little better.

Jenrya
08-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Inuyasha Movie 3

Skaut_Ech
08-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Legend of Zorro

Oh god it was awful. I mildly enjoyed the first one, but this? You'd think Disney would have consulted a history book before greenlighting a movie where the plot centers on California's admission to the Union, nitroglycerine, a map of all 48 states, and the Confederate army?!? I think Wild Wild West was more believable.

Even throwing out the plot, the action was poor and the special effects were a joke. The "fire" in the barn was Ed Wood-worthy.

I can't believe Martin Campbell actually directed this. He must have lost his freakin' mind. Doesn't bode well for Casino Royale.

[edit] I just checked and Disney didn't make this. It was Sony. That makes me feel a little better.

None of that sounds like it would be Campbells' fault. Plot is the writers fault, special effects, well, that's obvious and the action, well...

I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of Legend. I give about every movie a chance, but I could see what happened with Legend.

I suspect that Legend was made by allowing a ton of idiot studio execs to attach a ton of yellow sticky notes on "what this movie needs" and the studio forced Campbell into honoring their wishes, turnig the script into a horror of inconsistancies and bad moviemaking. I bet the original script got twisted seven ways till Sunday with ridiculous changes.

(I've always suspected the same thing happened with that horrible, horrible, Wild, Wild West movie.)

BTW, saw Collateral yesterday. Now that is a smart, intuitive movie. Really, really liked it.

Kegboy
08-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh, I know it probably went down like that, but I was shocked at the end when I found out Campbell actually directed it. They had one of those Starz credit talkovers, and the actors were saying they came back because he did. I know he didn't have much to work with, but, unless they gave him the stunt coordinator from Jackass, I'd at least expect decent action scenes from the guy. I mean, it's Zorro, for god's sake, give me at least one good sword fight.

Mourning
08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
I finally saw "Ray" about Ray Charles and I really liked it.

Indianapolis has a part in the movie too, a little nice part and bigger not so nice part.

Regards,

Kegboy
08-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Indianapolis has a part in the movie too, a little nice part and bigger not so nice part.

What's the little nice part? All I remember is the bigger not so nice part.

DrBadd01
08-14-2006, 09:37 PM
V for Vendetta. Loved it.

Mourning
08-15-2006, 12:59 AM
What's the little nice part? All I remember is the bigger not so nice part.

It's tiny, but the hall where Ray is playing "explodes" when he okay's the public to come on stage and dance.

Regards,

Bball
08-15-2006, 03:26 AM
"The Greatest Game Ever Played"

It felt and played like other Disney sports' movies: Miracle and The Rookie.

-Bball

Naptown_Seth
08-15-2006, 04:11 AM
Transamerica.

Huffman is incredible in the role. Hope you like insane levels of nudity and strong sexual content (much of it male) if you decide to watch it. Good but not great script, but Huffman really takes it to the limit with her effort.

Pirates 2 - sloppy scripting, drug out too much, but you still get lots of nice character moments to enjoy.

Sky High - formula family film, but pretty fun basically.

Monster House 3D - best animated film of the year. I wish Cars had been this tight. The 3D just kicks it up a notch.

American Psycho - Being familiar with this film I knew that Bale was the perfect fit for Batman. His AP character IS the dark version of Wayne/Batman - rich snob by day, crazed *** kicking killer by night if you will. Wayne is not superficial like AP and obviously Batman is on the side of good, but the total character range is very similar IMO.

Gimmie Shelter - yep, always loved that film. Huge Stones fan which helps, just a crazy intense film. That one psycho biker is just starting down Mick at one point in a very disturbing way. Complete loss of innocence with that moment/concert.

Naptown_Seth
08-15-2006, 04:29 AM
A Scanner Darkly. The most faithful - if not the best - adaption of one of Dick's stories that I've seen. I'm usually not a bit fan of drug movies, but the characters - Downey's especially - and the visuals kept me in thrall.

As a small aside: the Indie Cinema - or whatever it's called - in the Fashion Mall is pretty cool.
Man, that's exactly how I reviewed Scanner Darkly. I'm actually not a big fan of Dick's writing at times, he skimps at times where the film versions actually flesh characters and situations out better and increase the mind strain (like with Total Recall), but at the same time his voice is interesting and Linklater nailed it.

God bless Mark Cuban and his Landmark chain. That's the nicest mid-sized screen theater(s) in town. Enough to make me want more mainstream stuff to show up there.

After all those years of Castleton and Keystone Arts...run by great people but the theaters were just not in good shape. There was something fun about the struggle, but its also nice to view a great film in a quality environment.

Searchers, Animal House, Shadow of a Doubt for the first time, I envy you guys getting that first time experience with those flicks.

aero
08-15-2006, 05:41 AM
I just got done watching Terminator 3

indytoad
08-15-2006, 02:03 PM
This is Spinal Tap. First time I've seen it all the way through, although I had already seen all the funniest bits. The Stonehenge scene is hilarious no matter how many times I watch it, though.

Versus. Japan seeks to prove that campy, low-budget zombie movies are exponentially improved with the addition of kung-fu.

Unleashed. Luc Besson tries to make up for the Transporter series. Much, much better than I expected. Incredibly brutal. Still not sure why they changed the name - "Unleashed" is so generic.

IndyToad
Wassup wassup

avoidingtheclowns
08-15-2006, 04:29 PM
This is Spinal Tap. First time I've seen it all the way through, although I had already seen all the funniest bits. The Stonehenge scene is hilarious no matter how many times I watch it, though.

indeed... classic

if you haven't already, i recommend WAITING FOR GUFFMAN and BEST IN SHOW... two other mockumentaries done by Christopher Guest. if you're brave there is also A MIGHTY WIND but i was disappointed by that one... guest's normal style is missing from this. usually he satirizes the characters in his movies, like rockstars and dog show enthusiasts and that edge is missing in MIGHTY WIND

indytoad
08-15-2006, 06:51 PM
indeed... classic

if you haven't already, i recommend WAITING FOR GUFFMAN and BEST IN SHOW... two other mockumentaries done by Christopher Guest. if you're brave there is also A MIGHTY WIND but i was disappointed by that one... guest's normal style is missing from this. usually he satirizes the characters in his movies, like rockstars and dog show enthusiasts and that edge is missing in MIGHTY WIND

Seen all three of those, actually - although I did miss the beginning of Guffman. Dunno how I ended up seeing Guest's most famous film last.

IndyToad
Real hot

Lord Helmet
08-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Spider-Man.

Mourning
08-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Spider-Man.

I dislike superhero movies generally, but I will say I will happily make an exception for Spiderman I and II and Batman Begins, I love those three movies.

Regards,

DrBadd01
08-16-2006, 12:17 AM
An Inconveniant Truth.

I like it over all. It presented the truth concerning global warming very honestly. I reccomend it to anyone who can view it with an open mind.

Pig Nash
08-16-2006, 01:00 AM
(I've always suspected the same thing happened with that horrible, horrible, Wild, Wild West movie.)

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000544.php

Proof!

aero
08-16-2006, 01:13 AM
im currently watching Casino :)

Unclebuck
08-16-2006, 08:25 PM
im currently watching Casino :)

The first half of that movie is excellent, the second half takes a few wrong turns

Unclebuck
08-16-2006, 08:25 PM
An Inconveniant Truth.

I like it over all. It presented the truth concerning global warming very honestly. I reccomend it to anyone who can view it with an open mind.

So if you disagree with the movie you don't have have an open mind ?

DrBadd01
08-16-2006, 08:45 PM
not persay. People are free to come up with whatever opinions about the film they wish.