PDA

View Full Version : What movie did you last watch?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

3ptmiller
07-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Morgan Freeman can make a horrible movie watchable. And to be fair he's been in some horrible movies

So true, but also Tom Hanks seems to have the same effect like that.. (just happend to like all of his movies)

Jose Slaughter
07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Actually Scott asks some good questions. Besides Hicks answer what are some movies that take "stereotype-type" characters (black, gay, old, fat, whatever) and make something real of them?

I'm having trouble coming up with any off the bat. Anyone else?

Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park 2 has a low key, matter of fact relationship with an ex-wife who happens to be of color.

Just watched Twilight Samurai lastnight. I was very impressed.

indytoad
07-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park 2 has a low key, matter of fact relationship with an ex-wife who happens to be of color.

Although I don't think she was in the movie... Their daughter was, and I didn't think she was particularly stereotypical. Neither was Samuel L. Jackson's character in the first one (although they did have the nerdy fat guy).

IndyToad
What do they got in there, King Kong?

MagicRat
07-31-2005, 11:50 PM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

It was fun.......

SoupIsGood
08-01-2005, 02:45 AM
The Truman Show. Predictable, but I enjoyed it. There was a pretty good quote in it, something about accepting realities.

Brian
08-01-2005, 03:09 AM
Family Guy-The Movie (Stewie Griffin Untold Story)

If you like family guy,youll love the movie...its great.

Stryder
08-01-2005, 08:59 AM
A few movies I viewed this weekend...

"Garden State"

- I really enjoyed this movie. Zach Braff did a good job. The whole scenario with the following quote really hit me...

"You know that point in your life when you realize that the house that you grew up in isn't really your home anymore?...You'll see when you move out it just sort of happens one day one day and it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist. I mean it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for you kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I miss the idea of it. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place."

"Napolean Dynamite"

- I love this movie.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's"

- Audrey Hepburn is a classic beauty. Damned good movie. One of my all-time favorites.

"Shaun of the Dead"

- Hilarious.

"Papparazi"

- Decent movie. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It might be worth a rental.

foretaz
08-01-2005, 01:40 PM
mystic river....

very good...

Vicious Tyrant
08-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Hmmm...Stryder, you're right on with Audrey Hepburn. One of the few B&W movies I can really enjoy is "Roman Holiday", largely b/c she's so stone cold foxy.

SoupIsGood
08-02-2005, 01:55 AM
mystic river....

very good...

Yeah, I really liked it too...

Bball
08-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Apollo 13

-Bball

Stryder
08-03-2005, 07:43 AM
"Best In Show" - Hilarious!

Vicious Tyrant
08-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah - Best in Show. What great stuff.

I saw Wedding Crashers over the weekend. Nice chemistry between Vaughn and Owen. The end really dragged on, though. The comments about Will Ferrell not being funny are true, but I thought his scenes were pretty funny in this.

MagicRat
08-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory......

McClintic Sphere
08-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Love actually is also an awesome movie

Wow. I thought this was one of the most unbelievably schlocky movies I have ever seen. I was ashamed to see good actors like Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, and Emma Thompson degrade themselves in this mawkish, completely unrealistic and emotionally dishonest film.

Quote:"there's so much here, so mercilessly calculated to throw itself at us and wrap us in its blanket of smoochy warm fuzziness, that I pegged it as phoney from right at the start. Once upon a time Curtis wrote great, biting satire like "Black Adder" and "Not the Nine O'Clock News"; now he's the guy who can be counted on every few years to create a popular date movie Britcom. "

http://www.ukcritic.com/love_actually.html

MagicRat
08-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Wow. I thought this was one of the most unbelievably schlocky movies I have ever seen. I was ashamed to see good actors like Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, and Emma Thompson degrade themselves in this mawkish, completely unrealistic and emotionally dishonest film.

Spoken like a true intellectual!........:-p

McClintic Sphere
08-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Spoken like a true intellectual!........:-p

Dang it. How bout' this durn turd sucked bird poo?

MagicRat
08-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Dang it. How bout' this durn turd sucked bird poo?

Better. I'm sure that first review was just due to the six-pack you had for breakfast.......:cheers:

Vicious Tyrant
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM

Quote:"there's so much here, so mercilessly calculated to throw itself at us and wrap us in its blanket of smoochy warm fuzziness, that I pegged it as phoney from right at the start. Once upon a time Curtis wrote great, biting satire like "Black Adder" and "Not the Nine O'Clock News"; now he's the guy who can be counted on every few years to create a popular date movie Britcom. "

http://www.ukcritic.com/love_actually.html
The Blackadder guy wrote the Love Actually script?:(

Now, Sphere - I mostly agree with you. But wasn't the Emma Thompson/Alan Rickman subplot good? I liked that a lot.

Vicious Tyrant
08-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Why are you two losers (who should be home loving your children) posting while you're probably at work?

McClintic Sphere
08-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Better. I'm sure that first review was just due to the six-pack you had for breakfast.......:cheers:

Nailed it. PBR and Bacon bits ain't half bad at 5:15am.

McClintic Sphere
08-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Why are you two losers (who should be home loving your children) posting while you're probably at work?

If you keep sticking around I'm going to have to call you VISCOUS Tyrant:
http://www.pumpworld.com/viscous_fluids_viscosity.htm

Vicious Tyrant
08-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Pump World.

Wow. A new sig...

McClintic Sphere
08-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Pump World.

Wow. A new sig...

That DOES reeeeally go well with your avatar.

Vicious Tyrant
08-05-2005, 10:53 AM
And I have you to thank

:buddies: (Peebers at 5am)

McClintic Sphere
08-05-2005, 10:59 AM
And I have you to thank

:buddies: (Peebers at 5am)

No doubt you will soon reach my stratospheric heights of intellect.

"Heineken?! Fu** that shi*t! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!"
Dennis Hopper-Blue Velvet

foretaz
08-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Tears of the Sun....

not bad at all

DrBadd01
08-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Final Fantasy: the Spirits within

Harmonica
08-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Gates of Heaven (1978). Documentary about a pet cemetery by Errol Morris.

Bball
08-06-2005, 03:14 AM
I watched part of Napolean Dynamite.

I also watched Hoosiers again this past week....

-Bball

Harmonica
08-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Broken Flowers. Jim Jarmusch's new film with Bill Murray.

***1/2 out of ****

Roy Munson
08-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I watched Napoleon Dynamite on TV last night with my kids.

MagicRat
08-07-2005, 09:51 AM
Million Dollar Baby

I thought it was very good, despite the fact that it won the Oscar for Best Picture......

McClintic Sphere
08-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Dogtown and Z-boys, a documentary about the rise of skateboarding in Venice, CA. Much more than just an extreme sports movie. Details how kids from a blue collar community took the myriad aspects of surfing and transferred it to the concrete wonderland of 70's suburbia. Combines enough adrenaline with human interest to be a very winning concoction.

Harmonica
08-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Dogtown and Z-boys, a documentary about the rise of skateboarding in Venice, CA.

I love that movie. A poignant celebration of youth.

I watched Downfall again. One of the best films of 2004.

McClintic Sphere
08-07-2005, 10:42 AM

Downfall about the last days of the Third Reich, si? Word of mouth very good on that one. I find the whole bunker mentality of their waning days to be endlessly fascinating. I have so many on my must see list because Key Cinema is on the wrong side of town and that seems to be the only place to see the good stuff around Indy since Castleton Arts went to the more glossy Sundance type of films.

Harmonica
08-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Downfall about the last days of the Third Reich, si? Word of mouth very good on that one. I find the whole bunker mentality of their waning days to be endlessly fascinating.
It's also largely based on the memoirs of one of Hitler's secretaries who survived until 2002 and was a confidant of Eva Braun. So it's pretty sobering in it's accuracy. And Bruno Ganz's portrayal of Hitler is just...wow. It came out on DVD this past week, so you should be able to find it with relative ease. And if not, it's worthy of a purchase on-line.

Here's a great review of it:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/03/11/DDG82BN2KL1.DTL

American and British films have never quite been able to capture the different aspects of Adolph Hitler as suggested in newsreel footage. One insurmountable obstacle has been the problem of language: A Hitler speaking English automatically doesn't translate, anymore than a fireside chat spoken in German could hope to convey the true Franklin Roosevelt. Ultimately, it was up to the Germans to make the first great Hitler movie, and they have done so in "Downfall," about the last days of the Third Reich as experienced from inside Hitler's bunker.

The extraordinary thing about Bruno Ganz as Hitler is the way he is able to synthesize everything we've seen of Hitler and everything we know about him, while at the same time creating an intuitive, spontaneous performance that in no way seems a crass imitation. For his first meeting with the young woman who'd become his secretary, Traudl Junge, Ganz adopts Hitler's fatherly pose, as seen in German newsreels -- gentle, smiling, soft-spoken. Then he begins dictating a letter, and the voice, ever-so subtly, changes into something strident and familiar. Two minutes into the movie, it's already clear that the Swiss-born Ganz is going to be able to pull this off. His portrayal of Hitler is a seamless blend of knowledge and inspiration, a product of rigorous study as refracted through the prism of an actor's understanding.

Pacers#1Fan
08-07-2005, 11:59 AM
I went and watched Dukes of Hazzard last night. That movie was pretty good. I would recommend it to everyone.

McClintic Sphere
08-07-2005, 12:20 PM
It's also largely based on the memoirs of one of Hitler's secretaries who survived until 2002 and was a confidant of Eva Braun. So it's pretty sobering in it's accuracy. And Bruno Ganz's portrayal of Hitler is just...wow. It came out on DVD this past week, so you should be able to find it with relative ease. And if not, it's worthy of a purchase on-line.

I read about the movie "Blind Spot: Hitler's Secretary" regarding the secretary Traudl Junge a while back on Salon.com http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2003/01/31/blind_spot/index_np.html. Fascinating stuff. She still had mixed feelings for Der Fuhrer, it seemed. Thanks for that review link, I will be getting Downfall asap.

Harmonica
08-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Junebug. Indie film by first-time feature film director Phil Morrison. Really good.

Bball
08-08-2005, 12:05 AM
I love that movie. A poignant celebration of youth.

Which reminds me... that movie is sitting in my car. Hmmm I wish I would've seen this sooner. Watch it now... watch it later? Hmmm

-Bball

Sollozzo
08-08-2005, 12:31 AM

Here's a great review of it:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/03/11/DDG82BN2KL1.DTL

American and British films have never quite been able to capture the different aspects of Adolph Hitler as suggested in newsreel footage. One insurmountable obstacle has been the problem of language: A Hitler speaking English automatically doesn't translate, anymore than a fireside chat spoken in German could hope to convey the true Franklin Roosevelt. Ultimately, it was up to the Germans to make the first great Hitler movie, and they have done so in "Downfall," about the last days of the Third Reich as experienced from inside Hitler's bunker.

The extraordinary thing about Bruno Ganz as Hitler is the way he is able to synthesize everything we've seen of Hitler and everything we know about him, while at the same time creating an intuitive, spontaneous performance that in no way seems a crass imitation. For his first meeting with the young woman who'd become his secretary, Traudl Junge, Ganz adopts Hitler's fatherly pose, as seen in German newsreels -- gentle, smiling, soft-spoken. Then he begins dictating a letter, and the voice, ever-so subtly, changes into something strident and familiar. Two minutes into the movie, it's already clear that the Swiss-born Ganz is going to be able to pull this off. His portrayal of Hitler is a seamless blend of knowledge and inspiration, a product of rigorous study as refracted through the prism of an actor's understanding.

This movie sounds fascinating.

I had never heard of it.

Do you think a local Blockbuster would have it?

Harmonica
08-08-2005, 01:25 AM
This movie sounds fascinating.

I had never heard of it.

I don't know why they wouldn't, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. I'd call first.

Vernon, Florida. Another Errol Morris documentary. Longest 56 minutes of my life.

SoupIsGood
08-08-2005, 01:33 AM
I haven't seen a movie worth mentioned yet.

Hicks
08-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Hoop Dreams.

Enjoyed it a lot. It was weird seeing Kevin O'Neill in there, and I think I spotted Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, and I THOUGHT I saw Allen Iverson, but I think this is too old to have him in there, even on a HS team.

I a bit crushed to read about William's brother and Arther's dad in the included booklet. :(

Bball
08-08-2005, 02:44 AM
Downfall...
Stayed up and watched it this evening. Very good movie.

-Bball

MagicRat
08-08-2005, 08:04 AM

My Blockbuster had 7 or 8 copies, but none were on the shelf. I asked at the counter and they happened to have one that had just been returned.......

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Gates of Heaven (1978). Documentary about a pet cemetery by Errol Morris.
YES!!!! Errol Morris.

The first movie of his I ever saw was Fast, Cheap, and Out of Control. After about half an hour I thought I would die - I couldn't figure out what was going on. What was the point of this? By then end, I was kind of into it, but I was still looking for some kind on nonexistent plot line.

I got the one about the insurance fraud or whatever in Florida and had the same reaction.

Its hard to get into his strange little world, but worth it. I couldn't watch those movies too often, though. Just an occasional oddity for me.

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 08:30 AM
I didn't see it recently, but the Hitler stuff made me think of Battle for Algiers - a faux documentary about French forces fighting terrorist in Algiers. Its pretty cool and would probably be even more interesting with the current war on terrorism. ANyone seen it?

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Vernon, Florida. Another Errol Morris documentary. Longest 56 minutes of my life.
Vernon, Florida - that's the one.

Didn't like it, eh?

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Broken Flowers. Jim Jarmusch's new film with Bill Murray.

***1/2 out of ****
Good, eh?

Are you a Jarmusch fan? He's similar to Morris, only less so, for me. It takes a lot of effort to maintain the attention span to watch the movie - although usually well worth it.

Speaking of - has anyone seen the series (available on DVD) FISHING WITH JON? Jon Laurie, a Jarmusch regular, takes celebrity hipsters (like Tom Waits, Matt Dillon, Dennis Hopper, Jarmusch) fishing and they just sit around fishing (usually not catching muc). It's pretty funny. The commentary tracks are great too.

McClintic Sphere
08-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Best Errol Morris Doc IMO is "Fog of War" featuring extensive interviews with former Secretary of Defense during the Vietnam War, Robert McNamara. Mac does some very incisive soul searching on Vietnam and his career. I don't know how Morris got him to open up like this, but it is intense and very pertinent to the current situation in Iraq.

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm no expert on Morris, but that seems to be his gift. When I first watched his movie, I was looking for an interesting plot but couldn't find one. I think you watch his movies just to see what happens when they open more than they intend.

Sollozzo
08-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Hoop Dreams.

Enjoyed it a lot. It was weird seeing Kevin O'Neill in there, and I think I spotted Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, and I THOUGHT I saw Allen Iverson, but I think this is too old to have him in there, even on a HS team.

I a bit crushed to read about William's brother and Arther's dad in the included booklet. :(

Didn't "Hoop Dreams" come out in 1994?

If so, then yes, Iverson could have been in it. Iverson would have been a senior in High School in 1994.

Harmonica
08-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I didn't see it recently, but the Hitler stuff made me think of Battle for Algiers - a faux documentary about French forces fighting terrorist in Algiers. Its pretty cool and would probably be even more interesting with the current war on terrorism. Anyone seen it?
I've seen it and even recommended it to Peck when we were dicussing Iraq and how my feelings had changed about our involvement there. Very prescient film. I liked it a lot, didn't love it though. Criterion really gave it the treatment when they released it on DVD in a 3-disc set.

Vernon, Florida - that's the one.

Didn't like it, eh?
It was tedious with long takes of people just rambling about whatever. But it wasn't about insurance fraud. You sure we're talking about the same movie?

Are you a Jarmusch fan? He's similar to Morris, only less so, for me. It takes a lot of effort to maintain the attention span to watch the movie - although usually well worth it.
He's certainly a patient filmmaker who uses long takes and has an unblinking eye. But most great filmmakers aren't quick to yell cut. They'll let scenes play out because they know some incredible moments can be captured when the camera simply lingers in an unflinching manner—it really tests actors because when they suddenly find themselves without a safety net (the script), it's like they're free-falling and oftentimes at their most human. Anyway, I like his work very much. Dead Man and Ghost Dog are probably my favorites, but I have yet to see Down By Law.

Best Errol Morris Doc IMO is "Fog of War" featuring extensive interviews with former Secretary of Defense during the Vietnam War, Robert McNamara. Mac does some very incisive soul searching on Vietnam and his career. I don't know how Morris got him to open up like this, but it is intense and very pertinent to the current situation in Iraq.
An amazing film and in my opinion, Morris's best as well. I challenge anyone to watch a double bill of Fog of War and Battle of Algiers and not come away changed somehow. The biggest impression I got after watching both is that—when it comes to war at least—man doesn't learn from past mistakes and just keeps repeating history over and over.

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 12:04 PM
It was tedious with long takes of people just rambling about whatever. But it wasn't about insurance fraud. You sure we're talking about the same movie?

Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else. Didn't he pick the town because it had the most people who had injured themselves while trying to hurt themselves for insurance gain? Maybe I've got it mixed up, but aren't all his movies just people sitting there talking?

He's certainly a patient filmmaker who uses long takes and has an unblinking eye. But most great filmmakers aren't quick to yell cut. They'll let scenes play out because they know some incredible moments can be captured when the simply camera lingers in an unflinching manner—it really tests actors because when they suddenly find themselves without a safety net (the script), it's like they're free-falling and oftentimes at their most human. Anyway, I like his work very much. Dead Man and Ghost Dog are probably my favorites, but I have yet to see Down By Law.

Nicely said, but Dead Man? I don't get it. I thought that bit the big schlossom. Ghost Dog was fantastic. The one I loved was Mystery Train (or something like that) - the one that followed four stories through Memphis.

Ever see Smoke? That's a fun movie that Jarmusch was in. I named my son after the Harvey Keitel character. That last scene where Keitel is telling the story about the boy who stole the magazine and Keitel visited his mom and you don't know if he's lying or not and the Tom Waits song starts up - Golly, that's a great bit there. I don't remember who directed, but there's a companion movie called Blue in the Face which was apparently filmed at the same time that's just a bunch of goofing around. Fun stuff.

Stranger than Paradise was another one that didn't do so well for me, but it introduced me to John Laurie, then to Fishing with Jon (q.v.)

An amazing film and in my opinion, Morris's best as well. I challenge anyone to watch a double bill of Fog of War and Battle of Algiers and not come away changed somehow. The biggest impression I got after watching both is that—when it comes to war at least—man doesn't learn from past mistakes and just keeps repeating history over and over.Hmmmm, good challenge, but that would take a heckuva attention span, one which I don't got.

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 12:07 PM
btw, the Keitel character in Smoke is named "Augie". Doesn't that kick ***?

The next boy will be James Tiberius!

Harmonica
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else. Didn't he pick the town because it had the most people who had injured themselves while trying to hurt themselves for insurance gain? Maybe I've got it mixed up, but aren't all his movies just people sitting there talking?
I'd have to do a little research, but maybe that's why he picked the town, but it wasn't about that.

Nicely said, but Dead Man? I don't get it. I thought that bit the big schlossom. Ghost Dog was fantastic. The one I loved was Mystery Train (or something like that) - the one that followed four stories through Memphis.
Haven't seen Mystery Train or Smoke. But c'mon, Dead Man? How can you not love a film with lines and scenes like this:

Nobody: That gun will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will be written in blood.

Later...

Marvin (Older Marshall): You William Blake?
William Blake: Yes I am. Do you know my poetry?
And pow! he shoots him.

Wow.

Hmmmm, good challenge, but that would take a heckuva attention span, one which I don't got.
Okay, I didn't watch them back-to-back either, but try to see them when you have the chance.

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Haven't seen Mystery Train or Smoke. But c'mon, Dead Man? How can you not love a film with lines and scenes like this:

Nobody: That gun will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will be written in blood.

Later...

And pow! he shoots him.

Wow.

?????

What do these lines even mean?

Arcadian
08-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Dead man is easily my favorite Jarmusch film. How can you not like Classic Western literature themes placed in a Western? You can't that's how.

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 02:51 PM
???????

Maybe I need to watch it again. I thought it blew.

But, hey, I'm willing to give it a second chance......

Maybe....

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 02:52 PM
You can't that's how.

Q

E

D

:brilliant:

Skaut_Ech
08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Ghost Dog was fantastic.

Ever see Smoke? That's a fun movie that Jarmusch was in. I named my son after the Harvey Keitel character. That last scene where Keitel is telling the story about the boy who stole the magazine and Keitel visited his mom and you don't know if he's lying or not and the Tom Waits song starts up - Golly, that's a great bit there. I don't remember who directed, but there's a companion movie called Blue in the Face which was apparently filmed at the same time that's just a bunch of goofing around. Fun stuff.

My man, VT!! Ghost Dog is one of my fav films.

As to Smoke and Blue in the Face, I liked them so much I bought the scripts to both. Smoke just has this great...vibe to it.

Skaut_Ech
08-08-2005, 03:20 PM

Arghh!!!!!

I will NEVER shop at Blockbuster.

Call me a snob. Call me elitist. Whatever. But certain thing bug me to the point that I have to make a small gesture, no matter how futile. When the NBA went on strike, er, excuse me, lockout, I didn't go to a single game that year, didn't post at RATS for 6 months and scarcely watched on TV. Does the NBA care that I did that?

Nope.

But I bet they would have if other fans did the same. Nonetheless, I had to stand on my principles, pointless as they may seem. Now I know this is a bit long and has the scent of a young, college reactionary to it, but read this. (http://webmonkey.wired.com/netizen/97/22/index0a.html)

And this. (http://www.answers.com/topic/blockbuster-video)

I know it's a bit long, but it's worth a read. It's why I will never rent from Blockbuster, would never shop Wal-Mart and is indicative of how big business tries to stomp out the smaller guy and influence what we watch and buy. (I love how Blockbuster came to realize that Hollywood video doesn't screw people with a "No late fees ever" deal-google complaints about THAT and see what you get-and doesn't have the backlash they have, so they've tried to make a hostile takeover of them to eliminate the competition.)

I won't go into a long rant, but to oversimplify the issue a ton, essentially, Blockbuster is allowing, causing, edited films to be rented aginst the artist's wishes, which bugs the crap outta me. Yeah, they are fundamental in censorship of movies, when it comes to rentals. They want sanitized versions out there to placate the mushbrains that might be offended to watch a movie as it was intended.

I said I wasn't going to rant and I won't. Much. But look at your buying practices. Your money does talk, but if you shop at a place "cause it's closer to home" or "it's easier to go there", then we'll keep having what we watch and buy controlled by big business and not by us.

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Arghh!!!!! :soapbox: :swear: :soundoff: :rant:
Wow....

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 03:38 PM

As to Smoke and Blue in the Face, I liked them so much I bought the scripts to both. Smoke just has this great...vibe to it. :shakehand

Just like I've always said - YOU HAVE GREAT TASTE!

MagicRat
08-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I know it's a bit long, but it's worth a read. It's why I will never rent from Blockbuster, would never shop Wal-Mart and is indicative of how big business tries to stomp out the smaller guy and influence what we watch and buy.....

You're not going to arrest me if I say that last night I did some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and then went to Blockbuster and picked up Downfall, are you?.............:blush:

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 03:43 PM
You're not going to arrest me if I say that last night I did some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and then went to Blockbuster and picked up Downfall, are you?.............:blush: :pity:

Skaut_Ech
08-08-2005, 03:48 PM
You're not going to arrest me if I say that last night I did some grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and then went to Blockbuster and picked up Downfall, are you?.............:blush:

Don't be silly, MR. Like I would DO that. :rolleyes: :shakehead

Oh...what's this? Seems your vehicle registration has popped up on my PC. And your driver's license information. Gee, I hope my finger doesn't slip. My pinkie's been hitting the delete button by accident quite a bit lately. It's the funniest thing.

Oh I'm sorry, what were you saying about where you like to shop?

MagicRat
08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Don't be silly, MR. Like I would DO that. :rolleyes: :shakehead

Oh...what's this? Seems your vehicle registration has popped up on my PC. And your driver's license information. Gee, I hope my finger doesn't slip. My pinkie's been hitting the delete button by accident quite a bit lately. It's the funniest thing.

Oh I'm sorry, what were you saying about where you like to shop?

Don't think I won't call in to local radio and television and let them know about any harrassment. Although from what I hear, you're used to it.........;)

Vicious Tyrant
08-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Don't think I won't call in to local radio and television and let them know about any harrassment. Although from what I hear, you're used to it.........;)
Do tell, do tell....
:lurk:

Skaut_Ech
08-08-2005, 06:57 PM

LOL. good memory.

jax
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I just watched "Employee of the Month" with Matt Dillon, Steve Zahn, and Christina Applegate. I thought it was Ok but I definately wouldnt buy it. It was funny but it had a pretty screwed up ending.

McClintic Sphere
08-08-2005, 07:56 PM

As to Smoke and Blue in the Face, I liked them so much I bought the scripts to both. Smoke just has this great...vibe to it.

Did I miss it or did someone already mention "Down by Law?" I thought it was just a perfect marriage of cast, director and setting. Tom Waits and John Lurie are a great pairing and the black and white cinematography is inspired. I haven't seen the two you have here, Skaut, but now I'll have to check them out.

Harmonica
08-09-2005, 01:53 AM

Later...

And pow! he shoots him.

Wow.

?????

What do these lines even mean?
Okay, Nobody is an Indian who meets Johnny Depp's character after he's been mortally wounded by a jealous lover who he shot and killed. Turns out Nobody was schooled "by the white man" and his favorite poet is William Blake, which coincidentally is the name of Depp's character. So... Nobody tells Blake (because he thinks he's the resurrected spirit of the poet with the very same name) that his gun will replace his tongue and do the speaking for him and his "poetry will be written in blood." Later when a US Marshall asks Depp's character if he's the wanted man William Blake, he says, "Yes I am. Do you know my poetry?" and shoots and kills him, thus fulfilling the Indian's prophecy. Good stuff.

Arcadian
08-09-2005, 03:08 AM
I also love the idea that an apocalypic age is set in the past, a romanticized period at that, rather than the future. Great commentary on how modernity's progress and learning destroyed our connection to nature.

Anyway with the line about writing poetry in blood is, I think, a reflection on how in the modern world violence is called beauty, destrution called progress...

Vicious Tyrant
08-09-2005, 10:28 AM
^^^^ We have another contestant in "Who's an intellectual"!!!!

ChicagoJ
08-09-2005, 12:40 PM
I just now got around to watching Meet the Fockers.

I have no idea what that means for my social life or taste in movies, but it can't be good.

Arcadian
08-09-2005, 12:44 PM
^^^^ We have another contestant in "Who's an intellectual"!!!!

For what it is worth the last movie I saw was Anchorman.

DrBadd01
08-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Wedding Crashers. It was one of the funnier things that I have seen recently. Some that I will probably buy to watch on a rainy day.

Bball
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Hide and Seek

-Bball

Hicks
08-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Trippy.

Peck
08-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I've seen a butt load of movies while I am on vacation but I just walked out of a movie that I wish all of you could see.

The Great Raid.

It's by Mirimax, which had me worried because I fully expected some form of anti-American diatribe in it but thankfully my worries were unfounded.

It showed the brutality that POW's suffered at the hands of Japanese troops & showed the bravery of the Philippino resistance fighters.

From a movie standpoint it had flaws but I loved the story.

McClintic Sphere
08-12-2005, 07:38 PM
It's by Mirimax, which had me worried because I fully expected some form of anti-American diatribe in it but thankfully my worries were unfounded.

What constitutes an anti-American diatribe? Because if it's holding a mirror up to the all consuming corruption of those drunk with righteousness and blind patriotic furor, who wouldn't recognize the common good if it ***** slapped them on a Monday morning, then I'm all for that sort of disillusioning examination.

indytoad
08-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Finally saw War of the Worlds over the weekend, enjoyed it immensely. Now that is how you make a disaster movie.

Also rented Million Dollar Baby, which was even better. I couldn't go three for three, however, as I watched The Pacifier to round out the trio. Terrible movie.

IndyToad
Card-carrying member of the ignorant masses

Tim
08-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Did anyone see the Skeleton Key yet? Any Good?

foretaz
08-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Absolute Power

i enjoyed it

Peck
08-13-2005, 02:43 AM
What constitutes an anti-American diatribe? Because if it's holding a mirror up to the all consuming corruption of those drunk with righteousness and blind patriotic furor, who wouldn't recognize the common good if it ***** slapped them on a Monday morning, then I'm all for that sort of disillusioning examination.

This wouldn't be the movie for you then.

Shade
08-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Family Guy. :devil:

SoupIsGood
08-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Gimme!

Me too!

foretaz
08-14-2005, 11:35 AM
runaway jury

very solid....very much enjoyed it...

Gyron
08-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Hitch, had some really funny stuff in there. Would be a great date movie for you single peeps.

8.9_seconds
08-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Finally saw War of the Worlds over the weekend, enjoyed it immensely. Now that is how you make a disaster movie.

Also rented Million Dollar Baby, which was even better. I couldn't go three for three, however, as I watched The Pacifier to round out the trio. Terrible movie.

IndyToad
Card-carrying member of the ignorant masses

War of the Worlds kicked total ***. I was really suprised I liked it, I'm not really into disaster films. The only bad thing about the movie was the ending, kind of anyway, does it really make sense that the whole family, mom, dad,kids, and grandparents lived?? I know that was a book in the 1800's, anybody read it, is it alot different?

Suaveness
08-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Watched Hero Friday. Was a really damn good movie.

Jermaniac
08-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Harlem Nights

tora tora
08-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Harlem Nights

I don't know about you. but I'm ready to KILL Nino Brown... are you with me? :-p

tora tora
08-15-2005, 03:14 AM
Million Dollar Baby, what an ending

Bball
08-16-2005, 01:17 PM
8mm
...Was on HDNet Movies last night and so I watched it...

-Bball

McClintic Sphere
08-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Watched Hero Friday. Was a really damn good movie.

Really love that one as well. Use of colors in that movie was striking.

Bball
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
runaway jury

very solid....very much enjoyed it...

I tell you the problem I had with Runaway Jury (and I am warning anyone who has not seen it that what I am about to say is spoiler material (I'll try to be vague))

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I never bought into the premise that the people on trial were really the 'bad guys'. ...I also didn't like seeing the jury system manipulated in that way from within. I probably could've let that all slide had in the end had the guy and girl had any second thoughts about what they'd done. They could've been happy that they won but questioning if they really went about it in the right way. Or else the movie could've used another character to express that type of concern about abusing the legal system.

But instead I took away that it was supposed to be a feel-good ending where 'right' triumphed over 'evil'.... But the 'evil' IMHO was somebody's (moviemaker's) 'idea' of evil (and that 'somebody' obviously had an agenda).

-Bball

Pacerman157
08-16-2005, 06:21 PM
waterboy

Arcadian
08-18-2005, 12:59 AM
Sin City--maybe it isn't such a good idea to make a movie look like a comic book.

Los Angeles
08-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Show Girls.
It was a toss-up between that and Starship Troopers at my house last night. we went with ST.

Pacers#1Fan
08-18-2005, 10:08 PM
I watched "Along Came Polly"

Stryder
08-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Sin City--maybe it isn't such a good idea to make a movie look like a comic book.

Didn't like it?

I really enjoyed it.

Stryder
08-18-2005, 10:48 PM
I just watched My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Charade.

Can never get enough Audrey!

Arcadian
08-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Didn't like it?

I really enjoyed it.

I liked the comic better. I thought trying to make the movie feel like a comic hurt the pacing and reduced the acting to posing.

Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my all time favorite movies.

Pacers#1Fan
08-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Didn't like it?

I really enjoyed it.I didn't even watch it. I don't think that I could stand watching a black and white movie with a few little pieces in color on the screen. That would get old fast.

Pacers#1Fan
08-19-2005, 12:21 AM
I know that this isn't a movie but the comedy central roaster of Pam Anderson is on. That was brutal, funny, and weird at the same time. I love it.

indytoad
08-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Saw Plan 9 From Outer Space last night - truly lives up to its hilariously bad reputation.

IndyToad
A mole placed there by the US government

Harmonica
08-19-2005, 02:54 AM
Le Notti Bianche.

MagicRat
08-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Yojimbo.......

McClintic Sphere
08-19-2005, 07:59 AM
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. B-movie sci-fi/horror spoof. Contemporary satire of black and white low budget flicks. Funniest parts were the ridiculous musical cues and camera angles which in old B-movies always seemed an attempt to give great dramatic weight to what was so obviously an absurd script. Some of the acting went over the top, but overall quite humorous.

Skaut_Ech
08-19-2005, 01:40 PM
I had an old video that I just now got around to watching after owning it for years:

The Sweet Hereafter.

Anyone else see this. Devastating movie. I didn't even recognize Bruce Greenwood till halfway through the movie. I feel ashamed that I waited so long for such a haunting, brilliantly written movie.

Doug
08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Le Notti Bianche.

Every time I read that title, I do a mental translation to "The Naughty B!tch".

Cracks me up every time.

Harmonica
08-19-2005, 04:29 PM
I had an old video that I just now got around to watching after owning it for years:

The Sweet Hereafter.

Anyone else see this. Devastating movie. I didn't even recognize Bruce Greenwood till halfway through the movie. I feel ashamed that I waited so long for such a haunting, brilliantly written movie.
That's a tough one. Another one of those films that I only need to see once.

Saw Grizzly Man today. Documentary by Werner Herzog. Whoa.

Diamond Dave
08-19-2005, 04:58 PM
So I've started watching the Harry Potters.

At first they were coming out with LOTR and I would have nothing to do with Potter. LOTR all the way.

And while LOTR does rock, I must say I'm very impressed with HP.

The Sorcerer's Stone was good, not great.

However I just saw "The Chamber of Secrets" last night, and I loved it. Beautifully shot, developed, and written. The adventure never stops, and is not pointlessly stuffed with special effects. Just an overall fun movie to watch.

Now I'm going tonight to find the Prisoner of Azkarban. I'm told it is great.

I've never read a HP book, but I sure do love the movies now.

Vicious Tyrant
08-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Otello by Zeffirelli.

I give it two stars. Unless you're a hardcore Verdi fan (or a Domingo fan, I guess), I say you're better off watching Bergman's "Magic Flute".

Unclebuck
08-20-2005, 11:49 PM

The Sweet Hereafter.

Oh yes I saw that movie it was in many ways stunning, or your term "haunting" describes it best. It was a great movie even though I did not love it. If that makes any sense.

foretaz
08-22-2005, 11:42 AM
wedding crashers....

i found it quite entertaining and laughed thru pretty much the whole thing...

Gyron
08-22-2005, 12:12 PM
I rewatched LOTR Fellowship of the ring this weekend. I love that series of movies!

Also watched Waterboy.

travmil
08-23-2005, 12:53 PM
The Aristocrats

It's only showing at one theatre in town and that's Glendale. How on earth they stretched out one joke to a nearly two hour movie is beyond me. The material is filthy, but seeing all of those comedians in one production is worth the price of admission.

Harmonica
08-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Burden of Dreams. Documentary about Werner Herzog's attempt to make his film Fitzcarraldo, which was shot on location deep in the Amazon jungle and took nearly five years to complete.

Peck
08-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Sin City.

I finally got around to watching this. Can't say I liked it much.

I love Frank Miller but I'm not sure pairing him with Rodriguez was really a good idea. The cartoon violence, to me anyway, took away from what little story there was.

Raskolnikov
08-26-2005, 04:49 PM
batman begins

suprisingly good movie

maybe cause one goes to a movie like that with few expectations...

Harmonica
08-26-2005, 04:52 PM
The 40 Year-Old Virgin. Further proof that bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste. I will never trust Roger Ebert again. I guess I should have known better. You know you're in trouble when the first scene in a movie has the main character getting up out of bed and walking to the bathroom with a tentpole in his underwear. And they're doing it in an obvious and desperate attempt for a cheap laugh! Which, much to my dismay, worked like a charm on the collective lot of infantile savages that must have made up most of the audience in attendance. Ignore the praise, the four-star reviews, and the cries that in Mr. Carell, comedy has found a striking new talent.

EDIT: Oh, and unless you're a complete and utter idiot, read no further: He ends up losing his virginity. Wow, was I surprised.

Pacers#1Fan
08-27-2005, 12:23 AM
I would still like to see 40 Year Old Virgin. But after reading what is above me I might wait until it is out on video.

Unclebuck
08-27-2005, 11:55 PM
"Four Brothers" Best discription is urban western. If you leave all logic behind and just go along for the ride it is a pretty entertaining movie. There was just enough intrique to keep my attention, and overall I would say it was a good movie.

McClintic Sphere
08-28-2005, 12:37 AM
The 40 Year-Old Virgin. Further proof that bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste. I will never trust Roger Ebert again. I guess I should have known better. You know you're in trouble when the first scene in a movie has the main character getting up out of bed and walking to the bathroom with a tentpole in his underwear. And they're doing it in an obvious and desperate attempt for a cheap laugh! Which, much to my dismay, worked like a charm on the collective lot of infantile savages that must have made up most of the audience in attendance. Ignore the praise, the four-star reviews, and the cries that in Mr. Carell, comedy has found a striking new talent.

EDIT: Oh, and unless you're a complete and utter idiot, read no further: He ends up losing his virginity. Wow, was I surprised.

Man, you are bringing me down and making me lose faith in the Hollywood system that has served us lo these many years. Next thing you are going to tell me that they are proposing recycling classics from yesteryear, up to and including the sacrosanct Dukes of Hazzard television series or possibly, God forbid, Scooby Doo, and then that some dude from Dailydip****.com "loved it."

Peck
08-28-2005, 01:19 AM
An evening with Kevin Smith.

This is a damn long Q & A session that Smith did at differant University's around the nation in (I think) 2003.

He drones a little long at times but overall I thought it was good. He really has a good interaction with the crowd.

It's funny, I loved his movies for the most part, but I think he's kind of hit a wall.

After the big Jay & Silent Bob movie that entire story line is now supposedly dead, but since Jersey Girl was such a bomb I wonder if he won't retreat soon to that formula if his next film also tanks.

On a side note the comic books he wrote, at least the Daredevil ones, also explored spirituallity & love.

I wonder if Kevin has anything else in him besides that type of film?

Sorry, long for no reason. If you've got some time to kill & like Kevin Smith I would recomend this. If you don't like him, then don't waste your time.

Also one last thing. This was recorded before the Chappelle show season two where they did the Prince skit. But there is this time that Smith talks about going to Princes house for a documentry he was filming & talks about Prince's basketball cloths. I wonder if somebody in Chapelles staff didn't either see or hear this.

Harmonica
08-28-2005, 02:28 AM
Two shorts: Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe (1980) and The Act Of Seeing With One's Own Eyes (1971). The latter a disturbing, but fascinating 30 minute film shot in a busy Pittsburgh morgue. The recently deceased are prepared for embalming by technicians we barely see. Hands wearing rubber gloves open torsos with scalpels. Heads are opened with bone saws and brains are removed. Seeing a corpse stripped bare of all its internal organs after an autopsy is both unsettling and thought-provoking. Who were they? How did they die? Who are we? Grainy 16mm color stock. Available light. Moderately long lenses. No sound. No music. Silence.

The former is a film exactly described by its title. German film director Herzog had made a bet with fledgling director Errol Morris that, if Morris made a film, Herzog would eat his shoe. Morris went on to film Gates of Heaven, so Herzog kept his promise. While eating the boiled shoe, Herzog carries on a dialogue with the film premier audience on film, art, and life.

Stryder
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Finally got around to seeing "The Grudge".

It was ok. I'd like to see the Japanese original version.

Hicks
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Pirates of the Carribbean

DrBadd01
08-29-2005, 11:55 PM
March of the Penguins
I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it nominated for any documentry awards

Hicks
08-30-2005, 10:14 AM
March of the Penguins
I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it nominated for any documentry awards

I'm going to try to take my neice to that this weekend.

Harmonica
08-30-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm going to try to take my neice to that this weekend.
How old is she?

Doug
08-30-2005, 11:47 AM
National Treasure

Watched it with the kids. I liked it. It's not Raiders of the Lost Ark. But it's cute and entertaining and the kids liked it.

Pacers#1Fan
08-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Dodge Ball

Pacers#1Fan
08-30-2005, 11:19 PM
School of Rock.

DrBadd01
08-31-2005, 01:02 AM
Layer Cake

Matthew Vaughn ( Producer of Snatch) did a good job on this with it being his first film. It had a lot of twists and turns and the ending takes you a little by surprise. Overall a good show.

Young
08-31-2005, 10:52 PM
I just watched the "40 year old virgin" and LMAO that movie is F-U-N-N-Y funny. A great movie that anyone who likes comedy should go see. The ending was pretty dumb but overall a great movie with tons of laughs.

Pacers#1Fan
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Eurotrip

Suaveness
08-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Shrek

DrBadd01
09-04-2005, 11:35 AM
The Constant Gardner

Good Show. The Cinematography is beautiful. The plot is concise and the acting is wonderful. Highly Recomended.

Harmonica
09-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972), starring Klaus Kinski.

Pacers#1Fan
09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
I just saw "40 Year Old Virgin". I liked it.

Harmonica
09-05-2005, 01:41 AM
The Last Laugh (1924). F. W. Murnau's silent classic. It's no 40 Year-Old Virgin, that's for sure.

Skaut_Ech
09-05-2005, 10:01 AM
The Last Laugh (1924). F. W. Murnau's silent classic. It's no 40 Year-Old Virgin, that's for sure.

Whaa??? I figured for sure that you'd already rushed out to see Duece Bigalow, European Gigolo. We all know how much you like mainstream comedies. :innocent::whistle:

Hicks
09-05-2005, 11:00 AM
March of the Penguins.

Harmonica
09-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Whaa??? I figured for sure that you'd already rushed out to see Duece Bigalow, European Gigolo. We all know how much you like mainstream comedies. :innocent::whistle:
Hey, I went and saw The 40 Year-Old Virgin, and went in there with an open mind, fully wanting to believe all the critics and hype and wanting to like it. And I didn't mind Wedding Crashers. But as far as comedies go, give me something more along the lines of The Big Lebowski or Sideways anyday—something a little more unexpected.

cramerica
09-05-2005, 11:40 AM
March of the Penguins.
How was it?

Skaut_Ech
09-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey, I went and saw The 40 Year-Old Virgin, and went in there with an open mind, fully wanting to believe all the critics and hype and wanting to like it. And I didn't mind Wedding Crashers. But as far as comedies go, give me something more along the lines of The Big Lebowski or Sideways anyday—something a little more unexpected.

Oh, I know what you mean. I'm amazed that people flock to see movies the equivalent of a predicatble TV sitcom. I know you're supposed to go into these things with a certain mindset, but there gets to be a point where I feel like the filmakers are just flat out insulting me. It's like, if you're stupid enough to let us do this, then you'll think this is funny, too."

Okay, this may be too specialized a niche film, but did you see/like Team America: World Police? THAt was a comedy that I could get behind. When they were being clever, it came across clevel, and when they were being sophmoric, stupidhead, you could almosty see them winking, as if to say "we know."

Hicks
09-05-2005, 11:44 AM
How was it?

Good. Slow.

indytoad
09-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Saw Guess Who last night. Not as bad as everyone made it out to be, but not that great either. You can do better Bernie! Saw Sahara the night before last. I dunno if it was because I was tired, but I thought it was incredibly boring.

Anyone know anything about Sound of Thunder? It's playing at Showplace 16 but we know absolutely nothing about it aside from the synopsis on the theater's website. The description sounded interesting...

IndyToad
Italics are fun

Stryder
09-06-2005, 09:16 AM
"Trekkies"

Found it to be good, but some of the people were a little disturbing...SPINER FEMME! And the guy who dressed up as the woman astronaut, the teacher, who died in the Challenger accident...creepy!

Harmonica
09-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Okay, this may be too specialized a niche film, but did you see/like Team America: World Police? THAT was a comedy that I could get behind. When they were being clever, it came across clevel, and when they were being sophmoric, stupidhead, you could almosty see them winking, as if to say "we know."
I've been meaning to see it, but haven't gotten around to it. My friends tell me that I would like it. I like that Matt Stone and Trey Parker put a target on anyone's *** who takes themselves too seriously and I hear they let everyone have it in this movie. So yeah, it's on my list.

Gyron
09-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Forest Gump for like the 100th time. It was on TNT this weekend.

Great movie.

Ragnar
09-07-2005, 10:03 AM

Man I need to watch Lebowski again that was a good movie.

Hicks
09-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Crash.

Nicely done. Reminds me how society isn't as evolved as we sometimes like to think.

Gyron
09-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Watched Harlem Nights last night. Richard Pryor really looked good in that movie. Its amazing how much a body can go down hill because of a disease in such a short time.

There were a lot of stars in that movie. And it was pretty funny for its time.

Harmonica
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Team America: World Police. I found it mildly amusing. The puppet sex scene alone makes it worth watching.

Hicks
09-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Team America: World Police. I found it mildly amusing. The puppet sex scene alone makes it worth watching.

Way to reaffirm your distaste for dick and fart jokes. :D

Unclebuck
09-07-2005, 12:04 PM
The Constant Gardner

Good Show. The Cinematography is beautiful. The plot is concise and the acting is wonderful. Highly Recomended.

I will see that movie this weekend. Looking forward to it.

The director is the guy who made "City of God". So I expect it to be really good.

indytoad
09-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Saw The Brothers Grimm the other night. Wasn't as hilarious as I expected, but I still enjoyed it.

IndyToad
Going to use replacements

Pacersin6
09-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Crash

Thats one of the best written/acted movies I have seen in a long time

Unclebuck
09-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Crash

Thats one of the best written/acted movies I have seen in a long time

That was the best movie I saw all summer. I actually went to see it twice in the theater. Everyone should see it now that it is on DVD

DrBadd01
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM
40 Year old Virgin

Okay Comedy. Not as good as Wedding Crashers, but none the less funny.

Pacers#1Fan
09-08-2005, 10:15 PM
I think I might go see "Wedding Crashers" tomorrow.

Suaveness
09-08-2005, 10:58 PM
You should. Great hilarious movie.

Suaveness
09-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Saw The Brothers Grimm the other night. Wasn't as hilarious as I expected, but I still enjoyed it.

IndyToad
Going to use replacements

Was it worth going to? The reviews all steamrolled it, so I was hesitant to go see it.

DrBadd01
09-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Raging Bull

Classic Scorsesse. I am curious why it didn't win an Oscar.

Kung Fu Hustle

Saw it with a friend who loves Kung Fu movies, he loved it. I though it was funny as well

Love Actually

The 6th or 7th time I've seen it. It is still a wonderful movie.

Stryder
09-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Raging Bull

Classic Scorsesse. I am curious why it didn't win an Oscar.

Deniro won for Best Actor.

It also won an Oscar for Film Editing.

"Ordinary People" won the award in 1980 for Best Picture.

DrBadd01
09-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Deniro won for Best Actor.

It also won an Oscar for Film Editing.

"Ordinary People" won the award in 1980 for Best Picture.

Well I am happy to see that it De Niro won. However, I stil think its a shame that Scorsesse didn't win the Oscar that year.

oh and. . . .

Transporter 2

- Not as good as the first one, but it was rather entertaining. The first one was full of scenes that were wildly entertaining. This one had those moments, just no as many of them.

Pacers#1Fan
09-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I just saw "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." OMFG!!! That movie is crazy. It was really good and pretty scary. If anyone else sees it soon you will know what I mean when I say, if I wake up at 3:00 in the morning I will crap my pants.

Pacers#1Fan
09-10-2005, 12:09 AM
:shudder: :uhoh: :peak:

indytoad
09-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Was it worth going to? The reviews all steamrolled it, so I was hesitant to go see it.

I'd say it's worth a matinee showing, if only for the gingerbread man scene.

IndyToad
No one knows

Suaveness
09-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Ok then maybe I'll go see it then.

And Kung Fu Hustle was hilarious.

travmil
09-10-2005, 03:06 AM
Crash

What a powerful message. For those who haven't seen it, it shows just how dangerous even a little bit of racial prejudice can be.

Jeff Foster
09-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Memento....for the first time

Dr Huxtable
09-11-2005, 03:41 AM
Crash.

Simply amazing.

Harmonica
09-11-2005, 11:46 AM
LA Story - Meh. Not as good as I remember it. In fact, it hasn't aged well at all.

Crash - I liked it from the standpoint of some of the emotions it was able to elicit, but there were far too many coincidences in this film, and living in LA I can tell you how difficult it is to even run into friends and people you know on a consistent basis, much less strangers. You see people here and they might as well be ghosts, because the likelihood of ever seeing them again is incredibly remote. LA is such a huge sprawling metropolis that the coincidences that take place in Crash seem borderline ridiculous. For me at least. Also, the scenario involving Ryan Philippe's character is simply poor writing. I don't want to say too much lest I give anything away, but the forshadowing involving almost every storyline was a little too heavy-handed, but this one was absurd. Lastly, it's amusing to me that two of the more recent and notable films on racism (this and Monster's Ball) that show a bigoted white man experiencing a radical turnabout involves a hot piece of African-American tail. Nitpicking aside, I enjoyed Crash a lot, but I can't say I loved it.

Harmonica
09-12-2005, 02:41 AM
Smoke. I rented it based on a post Skaut_Ech made about it some time ago. I liked it a lot. Radiates warmth. It loses its way somewhere toward the end, but overall it's a definite recommend.

Raskolnikov
09-12-2005, 04:33 AM
the island

rather disappointing

the trailer reveals actually the whole story : people dressed in white think there s an island but in fact there isn t; and those people are no real people, there clones

and that s it

nice acting performance from scarlett johansson though :rolleyes:

Gyron
09-12-2005, 09:52 AM
I watched Pirates of the Carribean again this weekend.

Watched Space Cowboys yesterday. Had some funny points in it. Wacthing it now knowing what we know about the space shuttle though, made the ending unrealistic unfortuantely.

Skaut_Ech
09-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Smoke. I rented it based on a post Skaut_Ech made about it some time ago. I liked it a lot. Radiates warmth. It loses its way somewhere toward the end, but overall it's a definite recommend.

Glad you saw it and more importantly, glad you liked it. I don't quite know what it is about that movie that has endeared itself to me so much. It's not on any personal top ten list or anything, but I just really, really, like it.

Natston
09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
the island

rather disappointing

the trailer reveals actually the whole story : people dressed in white think there s an island but in fact there isn t; and those people are no real people, there clones

and that s it

nice acting performance from scarlett johansson though :rolleyes:

I know Uncle Buck agrees with me on this one, stay away from Micheal Bay movies.

# The Island (2005)
# Bad Boys II (2003)
# Pearl Harbor (2001)
# Armageddon (1998)
# Bad Boys (1995)

The Rock was the only one that was somewhat bearable...

Raskolnikov
09-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I know Uncle Buck agrees with me on this one, stay away from Micheal Bay movies.

# The Island (2005)
# Bad Boys II (2003)
# Pearl Harbor (2001)
# Armageddon (1998)
# Bad Boys (1995)

The Rock was the only one that was somewhat bearable...

:-o

So there s a pattern!

Why didn t i see this before?

Mourning
09-12-2005, 02:34 PM
:-o

So there s a pattern!

Why didn t i see this before?

There's a reason we have "belgian jokes" here :tongue:

:D :D :D

Unclebuck
09-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I saw the "Constant Gardner" over the weekend. It was OK, a little to preachy for my tastes, even though it was not that overt, it was just a little too anti drug companies.

But as a movie, taking the message out of it, it was a movie that was well made, well acted, but overall not a very enjoyable movie. I was somewhat glad when it was over and we could leave. I admire the movie, it was well made, but I did not enjoy sitting there watching it.

Mourning
09-12-2005, 05:16 PM
I just saw "The City of no Limits" ("En la Ciudad sin Limites"), a Spanish movie. I can really recommend this movie, here's what's it basically about:

"This is a wonderfully different movie that addresses a complex emotional theme in a very creative manner. The story revolves around a large upscale Spanish family. Fernando Fernán Gómez plays the part of patriarch, who is diagnosed with Cancer. However, he is a reluctant patient and secretly flushes his medicines in the toilet. He is extremely paranoid about a candid conspiracy and talks incoherently about a fountain, a train, a city with no limits and a person called Rancel. This behavior forces his family member to believe that his mind is going senile. He finds some support in his youngest son, Victor (the very talented, Leonardo Sbaraglia).
Suspiciously, the symptoms of his father's cancer are not very distinctly obvious and yet his wife Geraldine Chaplin) and other two sons insist on him getting operated. They seem to be running with an ulterior motive of closing a big business deal.
Victor is very close to his father and decides to unearth the seemingly fictitious Rancel. Some clever investigation leads him to Rancel,"

Have to cut the review short here, otherwise it would tell too much of the "finale".

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

indytoad
09-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Saw Escape from LA on the Sci-Fi Channel recently...I can't figure out if it's a great satire or a terrible action movie.

IndyToad
2 years, no interest!

Raskolnikov
09-13-2005, 03:31 AM
There's a reason we have "belgian jokes" here :tongue:

:D :D :D

crap

now that i have revealed my identity and there s the fact that there are so many dutch people here in pd, everything i say will be followed by a dutchman posting variations on the joke 'all flemish people are stupid'

well, to get right back at you all :

all dutchmen are gierigaards!

ha

Skaut_Ech
09-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I just saw "The City of no Limits" ("En la Ciudad sin Limites"), a Spanish movie. I can really recommend this movie, here's what's it basically about:

"This is a wonderfully different movie that addresses a complex emotional theme in a very creative manner. The story revolves around a large upscale Spanish family. Fernando Fernán Gómez plays the part of patriarch, who is diagnosed with Cancer. However, he is a reluctant patient and secretly flushes his medicines in the toilet. He is extremely paranoid about a candid conspiracy and talks incoherently about a fountain, a train, a city with no limits and a person called Rancel. This behavior forces his family member to believe that his mind is going senile. He finds some support in his youngest son, Victor (the very talented, Leonardo Sbaraglia).
Suspiciously, the symptoms of his father's cancer are not very distinctly obvious and yet his wife Geraldine Chaplin) and other two sons insist on him getting operated. They seem to be running with an ulterior motive of closing a big business deal.
Victor is very close to his father and decides to unearth the seemingly fictitious Rancel. Some clever investigation leads him to Rancel,"

Have to cut the review short here, otherwise it would tell too much of the "finale".

Regards,

I've read about that movie. I DO want to see it. Someday.

BTW, I have an odd one for you guys. Anyone seen Adrenaline Drive? I've had it for years and plan to watch it this week.

Harmonica
09-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Scum (1979). British flick starring Ray Winstone (Sexy Beast). Quite good.

Mourning
09-14-2005, 01:06 PM
crap

now that i have revealed my identity and there s the fact that there are so many dutch people here in pd, everything i say will be followed by a dutchman posting variations on the joke 'all flemish people are stupid'

well, to get right back at you all :

all dutchmen are gierigaards!

ha

Nah! We don't make "Belgians are stupid"-jokes (NOT just FLEMISH :D), but "Belgians are dumb"-jokes. Offcourse, as noted you can strike back with the "Dutch are cheap"-jokes. Better cheap than dumb though :D :D :D ;).

Good having you here btw :).

Regards,

travmil
09-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Lord of War

Perhaps a bit farfetched, but I can easily see all of the events in the movie actually happening. A powerful message, but not a powerful movie.

Harmonica
09-17-2005, 01:33 AM
Heaven Can Wait (1943). Although they share the same title, the 1978 Heaven Can Wait starring Warren Beatty was not a remake of this particular film, it was a remake of Here Comes Mr. Jordan (1941).

Hicks
09-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Forrest Gump

Raskolnikov
09-17-2005, 04:28 AM
shallow hal (with the awesome jack black)

I really like romantic comedies with happy endings lately; thought that would never happen but it did and as well with this film

it s about a guy (hal - jack black) who only looks at the outside of people (women) and not at the interior, as we all do at first sight; so he doesn t find the right woman; but, one day, he s stuck in an elevator with a not so crazy psychologist and this man changes hal s whole perspective : from now one he sees on the outside what s actually there on the inside; so a fat ugly women becomes a gorgious attractive lady when she s funny, intelligent, caring, yek yek yek. So hal falls in love with such a person and then there are some problems when he gets his "normal sight" back but finally it all ends of course with a happy ending.

it does make you think on how different it would be if you wouldn t (have to) judge on the looks only (at first sight)

if you haven t seen "school of rock" yet, go see it!

regards,

R

DrBadd01
09-17-2005, 06:48 PM
GoodFella's

Easily the best movie of Scorsesse's that I have seen. Taxi Driver will always hold a special place though.

Layer Cake

That movie is addictive. The more I watch it the more I like it.

Harmonica
09-17-2005, 10:38 PM
GoodFella's

Easily the best movie of Scorsesse's that I have seen. Taxi Driver will always hold a special place though.
Gosh, that's a tough one. Taxi Driver is probably my favorite Scorsese film, but Goodfellas, The Last Temptation of Christ and The King of Comedy rank right up there. Goodfellas is just a fun movie to watch. Great storytelling.

Suaveness
09-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Bourne Supremacy

DrBadd01
09-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Monsters Ball

Good ending. I truly didn't expect it to end with out Berry's character talking about how they were linked together.

DrBadd01
09-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Gosh, that's a tough one. Taxi Driver is probably my favorite Scorsese film, but Goodfellas, The Last Temptation of Christ and The King of Comedy rank right up there. Goodfellas is just a fun movie to watch. Great storytelling.

For me at the moment it would probably be

1) Goodfellas
2) Taxi Driver
and
3) Raging Bull

Gangs of New York, and The Aviator were great films as well. I need to see Casino all the way through, as well as King of Comedy, and Last Temptation I also can't wait for his next film The Departed to come out. It has DeCaprio, Nicholson, Damon and Wahlberg amoungs other in it.

3ptmiller
09-18-2005, 04:53 AM
40 year old virgin

Im still laughing! :laugh:

Harmonica
09-18-2005, 10:48 AM
40 year old virgin

At how bad it was? :shrug:

Harmonica
09-18-2005, 10:51 AM
For me at the moment it would probably be

1) Goodfellas
2) Taxi Driver
and
3) Raging Bull

Gangs of New York, and The Aviator were great films as well. I need to see Casino all the way through, as well as King of Comedy, and Last Temptation I also can't wait for his next film The Departed to come out. It has DeCaprio, Nicholson, Damon and Wahlberg amoungs other in it.
Hmm... Gangs of New York and The Aviator are some of Scorsese's weaker films. Not as personal as his best efforts. After Hours is another one you should check out, if you haven't seen it already.

Unclebuck
09-18-2005, 10:57 AM
"Antwone Fisher". With Denzel Washington. I saw it in the theaters three years ago. And while it is technically not a great film by any means, it is very effective at hitting you on an emotional level.

DrBadd01
09-18-2005, 11:17 AM
40 year old virgin

I really enjoyed the way that ended.

DrBadd01
09-19-2005, 04:03 AM
The Lord of the Rings- The Fellowship of the Rings- Extended Edition
The Lord of the Rings- Two Towers- Extended Edition
The Lord of the Rings- The Return of the King- Extended Edition

I figured it was about time that I watch all three of these back to back to back. I started at 2:30 PM and it is now 1:54 AM. All I can say is wow. The Extended Editions give you a lot more information. I expected it to be long, but not 11 to 12 hours long. However, thats not a problem as I really enjoyed watching them.

The one thing I don't get though is the very last part of the ending. I still don't understand why Frodo leaves middle earth. I mean its not like he was close to death or time like Bilbo, or Gandolf were. He has his whole life ahead of him, albeit minus a finger. So why did he leave?

Also I should say that having not read the books I am curious as to what was left out or out of order. For Example, I heard that the shire gets attacked in the books. Yet, I didn't see it save for when Frodo looks into the well in the first movie. This makes one wonder if Peter Jackson ( who no doubt did a wonderful job) left anything else out.

Brian
09-19-2005, 04:24 AM
Friday.

Damn Chris Tucker was great in that movie.

travmil
09-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Also I should say that having not read the books I am curious as to what was left out or out of order. For Example, I heard that the shire gets attacked in the books. Yet, I didn't see it save for when Frodo looks into the well in the first movie. This makes one wonder if Peter Jackson ( who no doubt did a wonderful job) left anything else out.

If you put everything that was in the books in the movies, I think the three films would clock in around 24 hours each. Having said that, the most glaring ommission has to do with Gandalf the Gray transforming into Gandalf the White. You are shown a very abbreviated scene that shows Gandalf fighting the balrog and travelling through space and time and poof, 45 seconds later he's Gandalf the White. If you were to take the books rendition of this transformation, I'm sure it would be a movie all by itself. There are many other examples of "shortening" the story, but this one is the one that sticks out most in my mind.

RWB
09-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Ed Wood..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gyron
09-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Shallow Hal(again), Lord of the Rings Two Towers(again), Armegeddon(again)

Harmonica
09-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Gentleman's Agreement (1947) with Gregory peck. Supposed to be a classic, but I just couldn't get all the way through it. Put me to sleep.

sweabs
09-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Jerry Maguire.

Suaveness
09-21-2005, 01:35 AM
The Family Guy movie. For what seems to be the ten billionth time since July.

MagicRat
09-21-2005, 01:57 AM
No Direction Home

Fascinating......

Bball
09-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Fraility

-Bball

Harmonica
09-21-2005, 07:02 PM
No Direction Home

Fascinating......
Dammit, did I miss it?! :mad:

MagicRat
09-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Dammit, did I miss it?! :mad:

It's not airing on PBS until next week. The DVD came out yesterday. The DVD has several complete performances of songs that won't be aired on PBS.

I had planned on just watching Part 1 last night but ended up watching the whole thing (just short of 4 hours).

Very entertaining and well worth the $20........

Harmonica
09-21-2005, 08:26 PM
It's not airing on PBS until next week. The DVD came out yesterday. The DVD has several complete performances of songs that won't be aired on PBS.

I had planned on just watching Part 1 last night but ended up watching the whole thing (just short of 4 hours).

I'm so there.

RWB
09-22-2005, 11:17 AM
No Direction Home: Bob Dylan, A Martin Scorsese Picture
Part 1 - Monday, September 26 at 9pm; Wednesday, September 28 at 3am

Bob Dylan participates in an exclusive film biography. From his explosive arrival on the downtown New York City scene in 1961 — with a raspy voice, pounding guitar and stunning lyrics — through his near-fatal motorcycle accident in Woodstock in 1966, no one had more of an impact and no one changed the landscape of contemporary music more profoundly. Private, almost reclusive, disdainful of customary forms of publicity, Dylan has now agreed to make an appearance in his own story, illuminated in particular by this remarkable five-year period. Directed by Martin Scorsese, this intimate and incomparable film includes an archive literally never-before-seen footage from childhood, from the road, from backstage, as well as unreleased interviews conducted over the past 15 years with other seminal figures from those times — some of whom, like Allan Ginsberg, are long dead. Dylan brings the rights to his legendary music with him — “Blowin’ in the Wind,” “Like a Rolling Stone,” “Don’t Think Twice,” “Mr. Tambourine Man,” “It Ain’t Me Babe,” “Just Like a Woman,” “Positively 4th Street,” “The Times They Are A-Changin’” — and on and on.

RETURN TO THE TOP

http://www.indiana.edu/~radiotv/wtiu/highlight.html

MagicRat
09-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Private, almost reclusive, disdainful of customary forms of publicity, Dylan has now agreed to make an appearance in his own story, illuminated in particular by this remarkable five-year period.

I was almost as amazed by the recent interview footage as I was by the old clips. There is more than I expected and he is surprisingly "normal"......

RWB
09-22-2005, 02:00 PM

You just confirmed what I needed to know. The Last Waltz is one of my favorites and for those who can't stand the MTV style of motion sickness it sounds like both Scorsese films is just what the doctor ordered.

McClintic Sphere
09-22-2005, 07:42 PM
You just confirmed what I needed to know. The Last Waltz is one of my favorites and for those who can't stand the MTV style of motion sickness it sounds like both Scorsese films is just what the doctor ordered.

I loved the Last Waltz as well. The interviews were almost better than the music and it was terrific.

Pacers#1Fan
09-22-2005, 10:52 PM
"Taxi"

Harmonica
09-24-2005, 01:22 AM
No Direction Home (Part 1). **ck!

Pacers#1Fan
09-24-2005, 01:27 AM
"The Longest Yard" 2005

DrBadd01
09-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Sin City

Unclebuck
09-24-2005, 10:50 PM
"Flight plan"

Actually it was really good. Not the best movie I've seen lately or the smartest, but it holds your attention and was I thought very entertaining. It was a crowd pleaser.

Suaveness
09-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Vol. 2

Absolutely great movies. I like 1 better.

Harmonica
09-25-2005, 02:10 AM
No Direction Home (Part 2). Basically a "Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man." Pretty great.

DrBadd01
09-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Count of Monte Cristo (2003)

DrBadd01
09-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Layer Cake (again)

Pacers#1Fan
09-25-2005, 10:45 PM
"Girl Next Door"

DrBadd01
09-25-2005, 10:51 PM
JFK on T.V. I wish i had seen it via DVD but the TV version didn't seem too bad (except for the parts where they edited when Pesci spoke :rolleyes: )

Pacers#1Fan
09-25-2005, 10:52 PM
I got the 1000th post in this thread, cool.

GO!!!!!
09-26-2005, 02:06 AM
The Transporter II watched 80 % of it last night... it's not to bad.. wish it was better quality tho...

Next up is Eather Charlie or Stealth....

DrBadd01
09-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Flight Plan.

DrBadd01
09-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Swordfish

LouisvilleLip
09-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Nobody Knows (2004) Just came out on DVD a couple weeks ago.

Plot Summary:

Four siblings live happily with their mother in a small apartment in Tokyo. The children all have different fathers and have never been to school. The very existence of three of them has been hidden from the landlord. One day, the mother leaves behind a little money and a note, charging her oldest boy to look after the others. And so begins the children's odyssey, a journey nobody knows. Though engulfed by the cruel fate of abandonment, the four children do their best to survive in their own little world, devising and following their own set of rules. When they are forced to engage with the world outside their cocooned universe, the fragile balance that has sustained them collapses. Their innocent longing for their mother, their wary fascination toward the outside world, their anxiety over their increasingly desperate situation, their inarticulate cries, their kindness to each other, their determination to survive on wits and courage.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Great movie, one of the best I have seen for quite a while. Director and writer Hirokazu Koreeda did an amazing job putting this movie together, it was unbelieveable. Its a very emotional movie, it also really puts tough times into perspective when you compare what these kids have been through.

Bball
09-28-2005, 08:14 PM
"Some Folks Call it a Slingblade"

That is the short that spawned "Slingblade"

Listening to the director's commentary it sounds like he and Billy Bob Thornton won't be exchanging Christmas cards any time soon.

Interesting that Molly Ringwald was in the short as the reporter but never made the feature length version. I don't know why and if it was explained in the commentary I missed it.

-Bball "uh huh"

zag
09-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Ocean's Eleven

Harmonica
09-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Nobody Knows (2004) Just came out on DVD a couple weeks ago.

Great movie, one of the best I have seen for quite a while. Director and writer Hirokazu Koreeda did an amazing job putting this movie together, it was unbelieveable. Its a very emotional movie, it also really puts tough times into perspective when you compare what these kids have been through.
I've read about this and have been on the fence about whether or not to buy it. Looks like I might have to check it out. Great. Another DVD to add to the heap. ;)

Skaut_Ech
09-29-2005, 11:02 AM
I've read about this and have been on the fence about whether or not to buy it. Looks like I might have to check it out. Great. Another DVD to add to the heap. ;)

I hadn't heard of this film. Looks interesting. (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nobody_knows/)

Do I wanna commit to such a long running time. Seems some critics have a problem with that. None-the-less, I'll add it to my Amazon wish list. This thread has been great for giving me good film ideas.

Harmonica
09-29-2005, 01:14 PM
I hadn't heard of this film. Looks interesting. (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nobody_knows/)

Do I wanna commit to such a long running time. Seems some critics have a problem with that. None-the-less, I'll add it to my Amazon wish list. This thread has been great for giving me good film ideas.
Apparently none of them have sat through Tarkovsky's Andrei Rublev. Nearly 4 hours long, but incredibly rewarding.

Spicoli
09-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Hide and Seek.

I laughed, I cried . . . I farted. Twice.

DrBadd01
09-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Lord of War . . . . **** out of *****

pacercoltfan
09-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Peter Pan