PDA

View Full Version : What movie did you last watch?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Has anyone seen the film Once Were Warriors? I've seen it once. I've never found anyone else that has seen it. I now own it, but haven't taken it out of the plastic because I'm afraid to watch it again. I want to. It's an incredible film. But there are scenes in this movie that are more difficult to see than anything I've ever seen. It's haunting.

I've seen it a couple of times. Very good film. Tough to watch.

I asked you earlier if you had seen Untitled, the director's cut of Almost Famous. So much better than the theatrical release. It's a different movie.

Began watching Fanny & Alexander tonight. I say "began" because it's 312 minutes. :o

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Höstsonaten.......

That's weird. We both dived into a Bergman film tonight (see above). What did you think of Autumn Sonata?

MagicRat
06-15-2005, 09:02 AM
That's weird. We both dived into a Bergman film tonight (see above). What did you think of Autumn Sonata?

I thought it was very good. Terrific performances. The (very long) scene where Eva opens all of her old wounds and pours out her years of pent up anger was pretty powerful stuff......

PHC Fan
06-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Shark Tales...with 4 year old daughter

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 09:20 AM
I thought it was very good. Terrific performances. The (very long) scene where Eva opens all of her old wounds and pours out her years of pent up anger was pretty powerful stuff......

If you liked that, then I think it's time for...... Cries & Whispers.

By the way, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen watching Fanny & Alexander. It is so gorgeously photographed. Seen many other Bergman films?

MagicRat
06-15-2005, 10:01 AM
If you liked that, then I think it's time for...... Cries & Whispers.

By the way, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen watching Fanny & Alexander. It is so gorgeously photographed. Seen many other Bergman films?

That was the first one I've seen. Someone I know recently mentioned that they enjoyed Bergman, so I picked it up a the library. I also grabbed The Silence (and Ran, which I've never seen. Don't yell). I doubt that I'll be able to watch those before I need to return them, though. I'll have to grab them another time.

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 10:38 AM
That was the first one I've seen. Someone I know recently mentioned that they enjoyed Bergman, so I picked it up a the library. I also grabbed The Silence (and Ran, which I've never seen. Don't yell). I doubt that I'll be able to watch those before I need to return them, though. I'll have to grab them another time.

Here's a great review of Fanny & Alexander:

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/fannyandalexander.php

I've seen a lot of Bergman films and this one just might move to the top o' the heap. His films are like a dream. You might want to check out The Seventh Seal next, considered one of his masterpieces.

Kraft
06-15-2005, 11:27 AM
I asked you earlier if you had seen Untitled, the director's cut of Almost Famous. So much better than the theatrical release. It's a different movie.

Must've missed that one. Yeah, I've seen it. I feel bad for Kate Hudson, who had a lot of great work left on the cutting room floor.

Kegboy
06-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Batman Begins between appointments today. ****ing awesome! I couldn't tell you the last time I went to see a movie more than once, probably the last two Matrix movies, but I need to see this about two more times, at least.

The funny thing is, I wasn't real interested in seeing it. The commercials and such didn't do much for me. But the story (not the action or set-pieces or special effects bull****) blew me away.

Hicks
06-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Batman Begins

DrBadd01
06-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Batman Begins

SoupIsGood
06-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Finally saw Shawshank. Boy, that movie blew.

Hicks
06-15-2005, 09:31 PM

You gotta be kidding me. Do you prefer special effects and fights to story and characters, too?

SamBear
06-15-2005, 11:12 PM
I saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith this weekend... I was pleasantly surprised! It was a very funny/action packed movie... the plot was ok but the chemestry was pretty good. Two thumbs up! :D

Harmonica
06-15-2005, 11:21 PM
au hasard Balthazar. It ain't no Batman Begins, that's for sure.

DrBadd01
06-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Jurrasic Park. The book is still better, but than again it always is.

MagicRat
06-16-2005, 10:28 AM
au hasard Balthazar. It ain't no Batman Begins, that's for sure.

So, is it as good as all of the reviews I've read say it is?

Harmonica
06-16-2005, 10:55 AM
So, is it as good as all of the reviews I've read say it is?

It's a relatively short film (95 min.), so I'm going to have to watch it again. My father seemed to respond to it more than I did, but the last scene of ol' Balthazar lying down in the pasture and dying at the end is certainly moving. I know Balthazar's life is supposed to be allegorical to the human experience, so I'm going to have to pay more attention to that next time. But overall I was kind of bored, which has typically been my experience with French cinema. Although I loved Bresson's Diary of a Country Priest. :shrug:

MagicRat
06-16-2005, 11:04 AM
.... but the last scene of ol' Balthazar lying down in the pasture and dying at the end is certainly moving........

Well, I guess I don't need to see it now that I know the ending.......:mad:

Harmonica
06-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, I guess I don't need to see it now that I know the ending.......:mad:

It's really not that kind of movie, and that part is mentioned in almost every review I've read about it.

MagicRat
06-16-2005, 11:09 AM
It's really not that kind of movie, and that part is mentioned in almost every review I've read about it.

;)

SoupIsGood
06-16-2005, 01:18 PM
You gotta be kidding me. Do you prefer special effects and fights to story and characters, too?

[small joke, not funny]

DrBadd01
06-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Wag the Dog. To this day it remains my favorite political satire.

Harmonica
06-17-2005, 01:34 AM
I'm 3/4 of the way through Fanny & Alexander. This could very well end up being one of my favorite films of all time. Simply amazing...so far.

Hicks
06-17-2005, 02:21 AM
Batman Begins.

It was everything Batman should have originally been. And I loved Michael Keaton and the 1st two Batman's. But wow, that was great.

I need to give this post a gold star. To remember the day you and I agreed on a movie. ;)

MagicRat
06-17-2005, 08:14 AM
I'm 3/4 of the way through Fanny & Alexander. This could very well end up being one of my favorite films of all time. Simply amazing...so far.

If you would've gotten the theatrical release only, you'd probably be done now.....

MSA2CF
06-17-2005, 09:45 AM
The Ghost & The Darkness

Unclebuck
06-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Wag the Dog. To this day it remains my favorite political satire.

I really enjoyed the first 2/3, but the last 30 minutes or so stunk, they did not know how to end that movie.

Suaveness
06-17-2005, 11:29 AM

:o

Harmonica
06-17-2005, 11:37 AM
If you would've gotten the theatrical release only, you'd probably be done now.....

I'm so glad I went here first, instead of the theatrical release. Honestly, MR, if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and plan on watching the Swedish TV version now, over the course of several nights. If it wasn't for my father and wife's lack of stamina, I probably would have watched this right through. I can't take my eyes off the screen. And if you go and see Batman Begins before you see this, just put me on ignore. ;)

MagicRat
06-17-2005, 12:10 PM
2 things:

I'm so glad I went here first, instead of the theatrical release. Honestly, MR, if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and plan on watching the Swedish TV version now, over the course of several nights. If it wasn't for my father and wife's lack of stamina, I probably would have watched this right through. I can't take my eyes off the screen.

When I returned my last batch o' movies to the library, they had a copy of Fanny and Alexander, so I picked it up. It's the theatrical release, though. I'm going to be on the road for a few days, so I thought I'd bring it along. I might just have to make due with only 188 minutes......

;)
:muttering

Harmonica
06-17-2005, 12:12 PM
When I returned my last batch o' movies to the library, they had a copy of Fanny and Alexander, so I picked it up. It's the theatrical release, though. I'm going to be on the road for a few days, so I thought I'd bring it along. I might just have to make due with only 188 minutes......

I'd hold off. Seriously. I can't imagine watching a truncated version of it.

Shade
06-17-2005, 12:38 PM
:o

My sentiments exactly. That's not even my kind of movie, and I thought it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. :shrug:

DrBadd01
06-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Italian Job (2004)

Never saw the original so I can't say whats better. However, I do enjoy the newer version.

DrBadd01
06-18-2005, 05:48 PM
The Godfather.

DrBadd01
06-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Band its

RWB
06-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Paul McCartney in Red Square..........It's ok....but does everything have to be shot in an MTV style. Plus when I want to see a concert I prefer watching the show without interuptions. Interesting history on how Russian people were influenced by the Beatles but why place the interviews between the songs? :mad:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-19-2005, 04:23 PM
A Night At The Roxbury

dannyboy
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
American Pimp
Richard Pryor Live! in Concert
Everthing you always wanted to know about sex*But were afraid to ask

Hicks
06-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Batman Begins

Kegboy
06-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Batman Begins

I took my brother to go see it yesterday. Not two minutes in he turns to me and says, "My god, everything I heard about this was true."

And at the end, when the cape flew over the camera to black, all he said was "Wow."

I enjoyed the Michael Keaton films, but, no offense Shade, I say this makes those look like the Adam West show.

Natston
06-20-2005, 03:04 AM
Batman Begins :o

RWB
06-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Everthing you always wanted to know about sex*But were afraid to ask

VERY funny Woody Allen film. :devil:

Harmonica
06-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Batman Begins :o

:o good, or :o overrated? Or :o I can't believe I scurried to the theater like a lemming to see it this weekend?

Aw Heck
06-20-2005, 01:53 PM
:o good, or :o overrated? Or :o I can't believe I scurried to the theater like a lemming to see it this weekend?

I saw it and enjoyed it, as I'm sure naturallystoned did. Sure I had some very minor nitpicks, but it's far from overrated. If you're a Batman fan (doesn't include fans of the '60s TV show or Joel Schumacher's Batman) this is the movie you've been waiting for.

It's not our fault that we're not pre-disposed to hate every single mainstream film there is...

Harmonica
06-20-2005, 02:13 PM
It's not our fault that we're not pre-disposed to hate every single mainstream film there is...

Whose fault is it then? :shrug:

Actually, I'm not pre-disposed to not like any film before I go and see it. I want to like every movie I go to see. There are certain genres I find less appealing than others, but even then, I'm open to being surprised.

Peck
06-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Life Aquatic.

I hated this film. Yes, I'm an idiot or whatever but I just do not get the humor in these damn Wes Anderson films. I hated the Royal Tennabaums (sp?) & (Gasp) I thought Rushmore was boring.

Doug
06-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Casablanca

It happened to be on TV last night when I was going through the channels. My favorite movie of all time. I like it so much I just sit there with this goofy look on my face.

Harmonica
06-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Life Aquatic.

I hated this film. Yes, I'm an idiot or whatever but I just do not get the humor in these damn Wes Anderson films. I hated the Royal Tennabaums (sp?) & (Gasp) I thought Rushmore was boring.

Here's the way I look at it: Wes Anderson creates these unique little worlds and you either like visiting them for a couple of hours or you don't. Personally I do because he makes interesting choices as a director and he has such a command of film language. Plus, at the very least, his films are original in terms of both story and look.

Kraft
06-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Continuing my tradition of allowing myself to watch anything, especially at 1 a.m., I watched "Bad Boys II."

And yes, I do feel dumber now. Gawd, I really will watch anything. I think I need to go to the store and pick up "Donnie Darko" and "Requiem for a Dream" to make myself feel a bit more back to myself.

I guess I did watch "The Pianist," too, but I still feel bad after sitting through "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton."

Mourning
06-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Whose fault is it then? :shrug:

Actually, I'm not pre-disposed to not like any film before I go and see it. I want to like every movie I go to see. There are certain genres I find less appealing than others, but even then, I'm open to being surprised.

That's pretty much my position aswell.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Aw Heck
06-21-2005, 04:39 PM

I understand that and actually I'm the same way. I'd just appreciate it if you wouldn't call those of us that go to see movies like Batman Begins or Revenge of the Sith "lemmings." These aren't the only types of movies we see.

Harmonica
06-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I understand that and actually I'm the same way. I'd just appreciate it if you wouldn't call those of us that go to see movies like Batman Begins or Revenge of the Sith "lemmings." These aren't the only types of movies we see.

Well, if you noticed, I addressed my post (obviously in jest) to naturallystoned, not you. He typically has a pretty good sense of humor.

Bball
06-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Casablanca

I like it so much I just sit there with this goofy look on my face.

How is that different from normal?

:devil:

;)
-Bball

Doug
06-21-2005, 07:38 PM
How is that different from normal?

;)
-Bball

The drool. Ingrid Bergman... mmmmmmmmm

SoupIsGood
06-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Me and Soup Jr. just watched Son of the Mask. I'm glad he liked it, because I thought it was the worst movie I'd ever sat through.

I rented a Stephen King movie, though. The Lorionoes, or some crazy L-word like that. Hope it's good.

Suaveness
06-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Trading Places....man I love this movie

Stryder
06-23-2005, 12:10 AM
I rented a Stephen King movie, though. The Lorionoes, or some crazy L-word like that. Hope it's good.

The Langoliers?

As with most Stephen King movies, it starts out decent and turns bad.

indytoad
06-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Saw Saw (ah ha HA). Creepily sadistic, kinda like Se7en, but not as good. Had some good ideas, but felt really cheesy at times. Also wierd seeing Cary Elwes overweight and so...middle-aged.

IndyToad
You're kidding me

Unclebuck
06-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Have you ever noticed there are some movies you can watch over and over again and it tends to get better with each viewing. Where as there are other movies that were great the first time you saw it, but the second time it was not nearly as good and you never want to watch it again.

"Fargo" is a movie i could watch every day and enjoy,

DrBadd01
06-23-2005, 10:47 AM
I know what you mean. I have some movies that are just like that. One example is "Hudson Hawk" I can never get tired of that movie no matter how many times I watch it.

Harmonica
06-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Have you ever noticed there are some movies you can watch over and over again and it tends to get better with each viewing. Where as there are other movies that were great the first time you saw it, but the second time it was not nearly as good and you never want to watch it again.

"Fargo" is a movie i could watch every day and enjoy,

You said in an earlier post that you liked Million Dollar Baby more than Sideways, but if you had the DVDs of both movies lying around, you'd watch Sideways again. I think that says it all. The best movies keeping revealing themselves to you after repeated viewings. This is especially true with a lot of classic European and Asian cinema; Fellini, Tarkovsky, Bergman, Truffaut, Kurosawa, Ozu, etc. Their films strike you on a much deeper subconcious level that they make take several viewings to fully appreciate them.

Fargo is a great film, but after seeing it about a dozen times, it's pretty much reached its saturation point with me. Still love it though.

DrBadd01
06-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Here's the way I look at it: Wes Anderson creates these unique little worlds and you either like visiting them for a couple of hours or you don't. Personally I do because he makes interesting choices as a director and he has such a command of film language. Plus, at the very least, his films are original in terms of both story and look.

Funny, that sounds a lot like the way I would describe a Stanley Kubrick film. He creates a unique world, and in each world the laws of nature are as he dictates them to be. However, he always makes superinteresting choices as a director, and he has such command of the art, specifically through his use of light.

God, I miss Kubrick, he was truly one of the best filmmakers in the post WW2 era.

Doug
06-23-2005, 11:07 AM
I think Kubrick is like opera. While I recognize the artistery and mastery of the craft, it just doesn't do anything for me.

And I also think that Hudson Hawk is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, so maybe there's a link there.

Harmonica
06-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Funny, that sounds a lot like the way I would describe a Stanley Kubrick film. He creates a unique world, and in each world the laws of nature are as he dictates them to be. However, he always makes superinteresting choices as a director, and he has such command of the art, specifically through his use of light.

God, I miss Kubrick, he was truly one of the best filmmakers in the post WW2 era.

Kubrick is one of my favorites as well. And he's not just one of the best filmmakers in the post WWII era, he's one of the best ever. I can't think of another director who had a string of films like he did, beginning with The Killing through A Clockwork Orange. Barry Lyndon and The Shining are pretty amazing in their own right, but they don't match the brilliance of a film like Dr. Strangelove. I'm actually starting to appreciate Eyes Wide Shut more and more and think it will be considered a masterpiece in 20-30 years.

DrBadd01
06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
No link as far as I can see.

DrBadd01
06-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Kubrick is one of my favorites as well. And he's not just one of the best filmmakers in the post WWII era, he's one of the best ever. I can't think of another director who had a string of films like he did, beginning with The Killing through A Clockwork Orange. Barry Lyndon and The Shining are pretty amazing in their own right, but they don't match the brilliance of a film like Dr. Strangelove. I'm actually starting to appreciate Eyes Wide Shut more and more and think it will be considered a masterpiece in 20-30 years.

That is one thing about Kubrick that I feel you truly begin to appreciate. The more you watch his films the more you can A) see the depth of his work ( There are SO MANY layers to a Kubrick movie), and B) the more you appreciate it. It was a real shame that he was never given a oscar for best director, because he was one of the few directors that truly defines the profession. I have a sad little feeling that Martin Scorsesse is in this same boat. A great director that helped define the profession, but will never be recognized for his work.

Doug
06-23-2005, 12:01 PM
OK. You got me with Dr. Strangelove. I like that one alot.

Harmonica
06-23-2005, 01:28 PM
It was a real shame that he was never given a oscar for best director, because he was one of the few directors that truly defines the profession. I have a sad little feeling that Martin Scorsesse is in this same boat. A great director that helped define the profession, but will never be recognized for his work.

Eh, when you consider that Ron Howard has a best director Oscar and Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese and Alfred Hitchcock don't, it just shows how shallow and meaningless it is.

Kraft
06-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Rewatchability ...

I may be the only human on the planet to love the film "Contact" as much as I do, but I could watch it forever. And the book's even better.

I like (own) "Fargo," but I don't think I could watch it every day. I think I need to be in the mood to hear the message again.

Then there's films which I absolutely love -- like "Memento" -- but I know I can't sit there and watch it all the time or it'll start to die a little. Same with "City of God" and "Lola Rennt."

Harmonica
06-26-2005, 03:42 PM
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie. Cassavetes film. The second half of the film is incredibly intense.

Peck
06-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Rewatchability ...

I may be the only human on the planet to love the film "Contact" as much as I do, but I could watch it forever. And the book's even better.

I like (own) "Fargo," but I don't think I could watch it every day. I think I need to be in the mood to hear the message again.

Then there's films which I absolutely love -- like "Memento" -- but I know I can't sit there and watch it all the time or it'll start to die a little. Same with "City of God" and "Lola Rennt."

You are not alone. I also love contact.

Suaveness
06-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark

What a great freakin movie...all 3 (though Temple of Doom kinda pisses me off with the stereotyping....)

Mourning
06-26-2005, 07:12 PM
"The Grudge", actually better than I expected (as I expected ... well basically nothing from it), it was "ok".

About rewatchable movies, I have that with:

American History X, The Thin Red Line, Warriors, Aliens (II) and High Fidelity.

Regards,

Kraft
06-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Empire Records.

Great lines. Of course a lot of people hate the movie. Me just like music.

Suaveness
06-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Love Actually

Yeah, it's a romantic comedy....so what :tongue:

Gyron
06-27-2005, 08:10 AM
I finally went to see Revenge of the Sith this weekend.

I thought it was a great movie. Ties up a few loose ends(that we already knew, but didn't know how.....)

DrBadd01
06-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Love Actually

Yeah, it's a romantic comedy....so what :tongue:

Wonderfully written show, Richard Curtis is a great director at times.

indygeezer
06-27-2005, 12:10 PM
I took some youngsters to see Bewitched last pm.

I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't go see it again. I'd recommend matinee prices or renting. Cute and predictable. Nothing special. The wife thought the girl looked alot like the TV Samantha.....me, I thought she looked too much like Meg Ryan (whom I used to secretly lust after).

Nothing special IMHO, there were some laughs but I also fell asleep.

MagicRat
06-27-2005, 12:27 PM
The wife thought the girl looked alot like the TV Samantha.....me, I thought she looked too much like Meg Ryan (whom I used to secretly lust after).

I guess being married to and divorced from Tom Cruise didn't help Nicole Kidman's career as much as some people think.....:whoknows:

Knucklehead Warrior
06-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Ocean's 12 and it was :censored: :censored: :censored: terrible.
The last time I said this, some internet nazi said the movie was "waaaaaaay over my head". Anybody want to tell me that about O12 better step outside.

Diamond Dave
06-27-2005, 06:07 PM
That movie is so far over you head that you'd need a telescope to watch it.:beat:

Actually I've never seen O11 or O12, they don't look appealing to me. :D

cramerica
06-27-2005, 11:38 PM
The Land of the Dead

Don't waste your time.

Doug
06-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Sideways

As a movie, it was really well done. I only found it mildly entertaining, though. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I rented Ocean's 12, but probably won't watch it before I have to return it. Sounds like I won't be missing anything. I though O11 was pretty decent, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Knucklehead Warrior
06-28-2005, 12:11 PM
That movie is so far over you head that you'd need a telescope to watch it.:beat:
Actually I've never seen O11 or O12, they don't look appealing to me. :D LMAO Dave. Thanks :beat: Hey if I'm not out there in 5 minutes, start without me.

O11 ain't bad

Pig Nash
06-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Reign of Fire. I actually liked it. Also The Day After Tomorrow wasn't bad.

Kraft
06-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Collateral. Eh, not bad.

A lot predictable, but it avoided most of the retarded stuff it could've done.

Harmonica
06-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Collateral. Eh, not bad.

A lot predictable, but it avoided most of the retarded stuff it could've done.

I thought the first two-thirds was "eh, not bad," but the last act turned into pretty standard genre fare. A forgettable movie overall.

indytoad
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Sideways

As a movie, it was really well done. I only found it mildly entertaining, though. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I rented Ocean's 12, but probably won't watch it before I have to return it. Sounds like I won't be missing anything. I though O11 was pretty decent, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Ocean's 12 got a little too enamored with it's own star power, I think. The first one was definately better.

IndyToad
Chase me with cheese if you must

Harmonica
06-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Persona. Another Bergman film. The imagery is some of the most beautiful and iconic ever committed to film. I think I understood most of it, but it's definitely one of those films that would take repeated viewings to fully appreciate.

Knucklehead Warrior
06-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Hotel Rwanda. Highly recommend

Unclebuck
06-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Hotel Rwanda. Highly recommend

Excellent movie.

Does anyone else get mad when people either don't like movies you like or they like movies you don't like. For some reason it makes me mad. Why is that. Why should I care. If the idiot public does not like the movies I like too bad for them, their loss. If people want to spend 8 dollars and watch the same stupid movies, fine. Oops there I go again.

Harmonica
06-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Does anyone else get mad when people either don't like movies you like or they like movies you don't like. For some reason it makes me mad. Why is that. Why should I care. If the idiot public does not like the movies I like too bad for them, their loss. If people want to spend 8 dollars and watch the same stupid movies, fine. Oops there I go again.

I didn't like Million Dollar Baby. Got a problem with that, big guy? :-p

I liked Hotel Rwanda, but it's still pretty mainstream fare compared to what I normally enjoy. I don't understand the appeal of a lot of mainstream Hollywood movies, but to each his own. Just don't try to convince me that it's good or why I should like it. I certainly don't expect people to like what I like, except MagicRat. ;)

Kraft
06-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I liked Hotel Rwanda, but it's still pretty mainstream fare compared to what I normally enjoy.

You know, I'd agree. But, to me, what the makers were trying to do here with this film seemed to be blantantly trying to get it to the mainstream (and blame someone). Isn't that kind of what this film's about?

I mean, I've done a lot of study into the events in Rwanda. (This is what Liberal Arts majors do, by the way, study how communication and hate killed 900,000 people.) But it still amazes me how few people realize the totality of the events.

It's a good film, one I'd see once or twice or thrice. Not great, but good. And Don Cheadle rules the world.

Harmonica
07-01-2005, 01:13 AM
You know, I'd agree. But, to me, what the makers were trying to do here with this film seemed to be blantantly trying to get it to the mainstream (and blame someone). Isn't that kind of what this film's about?

It's a good film, one I'd see once or twice or thrice. Not great, but good. And Don Cheadle rules the world.

I wasn't knocking it by calling it mainstream and I applaud it for raising the awareness of what happened over there. It certainly moved me, but I don't need to see it again. I got it. It made its point. Some films are like that for me.

Knucklehead Warrior
07-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't need to see it again.
Yep, that's exactly how my wife and I judge movies. The other comment we make is "I'm glad I saw it and I never need to see it again" or "I liked it, but I'm glad I didn't go to the theater and pay $9 to see it."

UB -
When people don't like the movies you like, some people think it's a mockery of their intelligence. I'm reminded of the time I'm watching a comedian with some friends and they laugh uproariously, but not me. "What's the matter? Didn't you get it?" they ask. "No, I got it. I didn't think it was funny." To each his own. That's why they make stupid movies and intellectual ones. They just make a lot more $$$ making the stupid ones.

So while Harmonica is off watching one of his more artsy movies and enjoying himself, my friends are watching, uh.. _________, and laughing their a$$es off.

Ragnar
07-01-2005, 04:56 PM

Only in that the public lapping up movies like Titanic and Pear Harbor means it is less likely that studios will ever figure out that a good script is important. I just enjoy the few movies that make it through that do have a good story and watch TCM to fill in the gaps.

MagicRat
07-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Only in that the public lapping up movies like Titanic and Pear Harbor means it is less likely that studios will ever figure out that a good script is important. I just enjoy the few movies that make it through that do have a good story and watch TCM to fill in the gaps.

Pear Harbor sounds kind of artsy.....

MagicRat
07-01-2005, 06:13 PM
So while Harmonica is off watching one of his more artsy movies and enjoying himself, my friends are watching, uh.. _________, and laughing their a$$es off.

Eh, don't let Harmonica fool you. He once made a post involving porn stars that showed where his true cinematic interests lie......:-p

Harmonica
07-01-2005, 06:34 PM

I doubt we'll ever see movies like Network, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest or Chinatown coming out of the studio system again. I use those films as examples because the 70s were truly the last golden era in Hollywood. These were smartly written films that had popular appeal.

Hicks
07-01-2005, 06:39 PM

People aren't allowed to enjoy a movie unless it meets your tastes? They're not allowed to think it's good just because they like it?

Ragnar
07-01-2005, 09:06 PM
People aren't allowed to enjoy a movie unless it meets your tastes? They're not allowed to think it's good just because they like it?

I think you are misreading me. UB asked if you ever get upset at people for not liking the same movies. I was saying NO but that it does annoy me that movies like Titanic and Pearl Harbor are so popular because movies I enjoy ie :movies with a thorough plot don’t seem to get made. Its more important to have a special effects budget than a good writer.

Even if you liked Pearl Harbor you have to admit it was not up to the script standards of say Casablanca.

People can enjoy anything they want. I don’t care for Country music but I certainly don’t begrudge anyone for listening to it. On the other hand if I lived in an area where every radio station played that and only that I might get a little annoyed. Same thing with movies they are aiming at people more in your age group than mine.

Hicks
07-01-2005, 09:36 PM
*edit*

Bah, forget I said anything. I always feel stupid typing this out. I feel strongly about it, but at the same time I feel dumb bringing it up. Everyone has their own tastes. I just don't like it when I'm made to feel like an idiot or a sheep because I like X,Y, or Z.

wickedstick
07-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I last watched Friday Night Lights. Good movie I Thought. I'm about to watch Coach Carter.

Unclebuck
07-01-2005, 11:17 PM
I have a confession to make. I liked "Titanic", I liked it a lot. One of my favorite movies ever. Sorry. Yes I saw it more than once, and yes I was the wierd looking middle aged guy sitting with all the 13 years old girls. There I said it, and yes the sun will come up tomorrow, maybe a few hours late, but it will eventually come up

I hated "Pearl Harbor" though.
I really liked "Chinatown" though

Saw Batman tonight, loved it

Well I have not seen War of the Worlds yet, but you know me I love lists.

Summer movie rank and my 1-10 scale
1) Crash - 8
2) Cinderella Man - 7
3) Batman - 7
4) Star Wars - 4

I have no idea what "Fantastic Four" is, but I must say the trailers for that movie are horrible, they make me not want to see that movie at all.

Harmonica
07-01-2005, 11:34 PM
*edit*

Bah, forget I said anything. I always feel stupid typing this out. I feel strongly about it, but at the same time I feel dumb bringing it up. Everyone has their own tastes. I just don't like it when I'm made to feel like an idiot or a sheep because I like X,Y, or Z.

No one makes you feel anything. You choose to feel that way. Someone told me that a long time ago and once I understood what they meant, I was wiser for it. And don't take that as an insult, that's not the way it was intended whatsoever. Anyway, I'm curious what you were going to say.

Hicks
07-02-2005, 01:26 AM
No one makes you feel anything. You choose to feel that way.

Bull****. Just.... god, there's nothing left to say. People don't choose their emotions, they choose how to respond to them. Christ, you really don't understand people as well as you seem to think. Least of all me. That's truly disturbing that you believe that.

Although I must say this was educational. I now fully understand why you don't care about others' feelings.

Sollozzo
07-02-2005, 01:38 AM
I have a confession to make. I liked "Titanic", I liked it a lot. One of my favorite movies ever. Sorry. Yes I saw it more than once, and yes I was the wierd looking middle aged guy sitting with all the 13 years old girls. There I said it, and yes the sun will come up tomorrow, maybe a few hours late, but it will eventually come up

I hated "Pearl Harbor" though.
I really liked "Chinatown" though

Saw Batman tonight, loved it

Well I have not seen War of the Worlds yet, but you know me I love lists.

Summer movie rank and my 1-10 scale
1) Crash - 8
2) Cinderella Man - 7
3) Batman - 7
4) Star Wars - 4

I have no idea what "Fantastic Four" is, but I must say the trailers for that movie are horrible, they make me not want to see that movie at all.

Well that makes 2 of us.

Titanic is maybe my favorite movie. That's right I said it. I developed a fascination with the real Titanic story after watching the movie for the first time in early 1998 when I was 10 years old. I have spent alot of time reading books, watching documentaries, and checking out Titanic related websites.

Cameron did an excellent job putting an entertaining fictional story line against a real human tragedy.

I could never get tired watching the dramatic scenes of the ship sinking. The sets are practically dead accurate.The musical score was excellent. James Horner did an excellent job depicting the mood. When the ship was sailing out, the music was filled with promise. When the ship was sinking, it was very sad sounding.

MagicRat
07-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Five Easy Pieces......

Hicks
07-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Well that makes 2 of us.

Titanic is maybe my favorite movie. That's right I said it. I developed a fascination with the real Titanic story after watching the movie for the first time in early 1998 when I was 10 years old. I have spent alot of time reading books, watching documentaries, and checking out Titanic related websites.

Cameron did an excellent job putting an entertaining fictional story line against a real human tragedy.

I could never get tired watching the dramatic scenes of the ship sinking. The sets are practically dead accurate.The musical score was excellent. James Horner did an excellent job depicting the mood. When the ship was sailing out, the music was filled with promise. When the ship was sinking, it was very sad sounding.

Make it 3. Although it's the other way around for me. I grew a fascination for the real ship/story when I was about 11, a couple years before the movie came out. I watched the documentaries, read some of the books, things like that. It just fascinated me. Then I found out that James Cameron, my favorite director at the time (and I suppose sort of still is, though he needs to make another damn movie), was making a big movie about it, and I was so there.

It also came out when I was 13, and I was ripe for the picking to get swept up in the very hollywood love story, which if it came out today wouldn't have gotten me like it did then. It was the perfect storm for me.

Harmonica
07-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Bull****. Just.... god, there's nothing left to say. People don't choose their emotions, they choose how to respond to them. Christ, you really don't understand people as well as you seem to think. Least of all me. That's truly disturbing that you believe that.

Although I must say this was educational. I now fully understand why you don't care about others' feelings.

I have no control over others' feelings, so unless it's someone I love and respect (and vice-versa), I'm not going to worry too much about how they think or feel about me. I've learned it's a waste of energy. Moreover, this is an internet message board, and your (or anyone else's) general indictment of me as a person is meaningless. As for the other things you said, well, they don't really deserve a response as that would require a mature and thoughtful discussion.

Harmonica
07-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Five Easy Pieces......

Probably one of my favorites of all time. Like I said, the 70s were the last golden era in Hollywood.

foretaz
07-02-2005, 11:33 AM
in the last week or so saw batman begins, mr. and mrs. smith and war of the worlds....

really enjoyed batman....

mr. and mrs. smith....well...lets just say i really enjoyed batman...

war of the worlds was pretty kewel....it struck me a bit differently than most....but i did enjoy it....

star wars is the best ive seen of late....really enjoyed that....

Bball
07-02-2005, 04:40 PM
White Noise...

Did I jump a couple of times? Yes

Did the movie make sure and get cliched? Yes... IMHO...

Did the ending seem forced as if someone had an idea to do a story/movie around this phenomenon and then had no real idea of how to end it? Yes... IMHO...

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

-Bball

obnoxiousmodesty
07-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Dr. Strangelove (http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/) ****
The Birds (http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0056869/) ****
M*A*S*H (http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0066026/) ****

Harmonica
07-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Contempt. Godard. Very good. I'm not a big fan of French cinema, but I liked this a lot. Gorgeously photographed. Plus it stars Brigitte Bardot.

Harmonica
07-03-2005, 11:00 AM
I did a double bill last night: Untitled (director's cut of Almost Famous) and The Doors. Seen them both many times before, but I guess I was in a music-themed movie mood last night.

Wait a second, I couldn't possibly like either of these films.

If you haven't figured it out, anything that is popular or well-known or commercial is bad. Or vile if you will.

8.9_seconds
07-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Wirey Spindell, It may have been totally panned by critics, but I love it, it's in my top 10.

MagicRat
07-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I did a double bill last night: Untitled (director's cut of Almost Famous) and The Doors. Seen them both many times before, but I guess I was in a music-themed movie mood last night.

Wait a second, I couldn't possibly like either of these films.

Actually, if you're going for some mainstream commercial cred, I'd use this one.....

"Finding Nemo"
Loveable on every level

Harmonica
07-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Actually, if you're going for some mainstream commercial cred, I'd use this one.....

You're sick. But so much for some people here thinking they have me all figured out.

MagicRat
07-03-2005, 11:11 PM
You're sick.

:sick:

Harmonica
07-03-2005, 11:15 PM
:sick:

Sick...but in a good way. ;)

Peck
07-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Ok, I just watche Limony Snickets & I am now begining to reasses my thoughts on Ali or A.I. being the worst main stream film I've ever seen.

This was just awful.

Stryder
07-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Watched the Golden Voyage of Sinbad last night on HBO.

Good movie. Cheesy effects, but I love cheesy effects.

Plus, Caroline Mungro was hot. :D

Gyron
07-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Watched "Cool Runnings" again this weekend. funny movie that I have always liked.

Will Galen
07-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Excellent movie.

Yes!

I usually agree with most of your posts because they make sense and are usually well thought out. But I felt like you were a traitor when you didn't like War of the Worlds. It was different and had a different ending and you didn't like it! (giggle, giggle, snort)

Will Galen
07-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Oh, the reason I came to this thread is to say I watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith on the 4th and it was good. Coming home I rented 3 movies, Hitch being one of them. I loved it! It had me laughing outloud.

Natston
07-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Land of the Dead and War of the Worlds

Kegboy
07-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Excellent movie.

Not really. It's when people say Cheesecake Factory is "vile", that's what really honks me off.

:-p

grace
07-05-2005, 08:50 PM

That doesn't bother me as much as TV shows I like getting cancelled.

kerosene
07-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It wasn't all that good really but kept me fairly entertained for the duration of the flick. Don't think I'd bother to see it again anytime. I do always appreciate a few moments of classic Woo-esqe violence and it did provide a bit of that.

3ptmiller
07-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I saw Monthy Python The Holy Grail... yes its old, but i have never laughed so much in my life... the knights who says "NI!!" just rules... Ni! Ni! hahaha

foretaz
07-07-2005, 03:36 AM
saw Fantastic Four....

ummm....i guess its tough for me to say i was disappointed, because i have zero expectations when i go to see a movie....i almost expect it to be bad....

and i wasnt disappointed....it was bad...

very very bad....my gf liked it....she said she liked it better than batman....

for me...no way....i liked batman....this movie sucked...;)

Kraft
07-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Troy was on HBO.

Move along, nothing to see here.

SycamoreKen
07-08-2005, 07:33 PM
The wife and I watched Suspect 0(zero) on Monday. It was the best sounding movie on In Demand.

It was...interesting. The movie really didn't match the description, so it didn't go down the path that I thought it would. The whole concept was interesting and Ben Kingsley gave a good performance. The ending was lame, even with the "alternate ending" which could had just been cut off because some test audience didn't like it.

Harmonica
07-10-2005, 02:12 AM
The Palm Beach Story. 1942. Pretty good. Great dialogue.

Kraft
07-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Fools Rush In on TBS while I was painting the trim in the bedroom.

Salma Hayek's pretty. :cool:

Stryder
07-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Hostage.

I liked it. But it is what it is.

MagicRat
07-10-2005, 11:39 AM
The Princess Bride.....

Harmonica
07-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Zulu with a young Michael Caine. Good Sunday morning fare.

Harmonica
07-11-2005, 02:10 AM
"Daddy-Long-Legs" with Mary Pickford. 1919. Silent movies are surreal. This makes me want to watch more of them.

foretaz
07-11-2005, 05:06 AM
Bulworth....

interesting....parts seemed very lame...but in the context of the whole thing...i found myself surprisingly attached to it....

course i love halle berry....so that didnt hurt....

one of those movies thats about something u know is true...and u wish would happen just once in real life....but know it probably never will....which is probably the ultimate attraction to the movie...

Gyron
07-11-2005, 09:24 AM
I went and saw War of the worlds this weekend.....

It had some cool special effects, but overall, the movie sucked I thought. Tom's cruise's acting sucked, the remake of the classic sucked, and the ending just came about and my wife looked at me and said "that was it?"

There were way too many things in the movie that were inconsistent, and a lot of things in the story that made no sense at all in terms of reality of what a person would do.....for example there is a seen where all the people are moving up a hill but then you realize they are all moving TOWARDS THE BATTLE AND CERTAIN DEATH instead of running away the whole movie. Why would they be moving towards the battle other than for Tom's character and his son to have their scene.

Overall I would say don't waste your money on it at the theater. If you want to see it, I would recommend waiting and renting at home or something....

dannyboy
07-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Fargo
Dawn of the Dead
Buck and the Preacher

indygeezer
07-11-2005, 06:58 PM

It had some cool special effects, but overall, the movie sucked I thought. Tom's cruise's acting sucked, the remake of the classic sucked, and the ending just came about and my wife looked at me and said "that was it?"

There were way too many things in the movie that were inconsistent, and a lot of things in the story that made no sense at all in terms of reality of what a person would do.....for example there is a seen where all the people are moving up a hill but then you realize they are all moving TOWARDS THE BATTLE AND CERTAIN DEATH instead of running away the whole movie. Why would they be moving towards the battle other than for Tom's character and his son to have their scene.

Overall I would say don't waste your money on it at the theater. If you want to see it, I would recommend waiting and renting at home or something....

I'm a BIG HG Wells fan...the ending was consistant with the book. The Tripods were also. Nothing else was. However, the wife and Jr. had not read the book so they really enjoyed it and (overlooking some incongruities) so did I. I did however see it at matinee prices.

Unclebuck
07-11-2005, 08:33 PM

I could not agree more. That was a terrible movie, I'm sorry I wasted two hours of my life watching that garbage.

I would say if you want to see it, change your mind and see something else.

You know how some movies seem better a week or two after you see them, well in this case this movie gets worse by the day.

DrBadd01
07-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Eyes Wide Shut- Second time I have seen that film and like all kubrick films it seems to get better with each watch. This movie will probably be a masterpeice much like 2001, or Clockwork in about 20 years.

Harmonica
07-12-2005, 01:14 AM
Point Blank (1967). Lee Marvin film. Watched it with the commentary track with director John Boorman and Steven Soderbergh. Pretty informative. Great film.

Eyes Wide Shut- Second time I have seen that film and like all kubrick films it seems to get better with each watch. This movie will probably be a masterpeice much like 2001, or Clockwork in about 20 years.
I agree. The first time I watched it in the theater I was like, "Eh, it was okay." Then about 6 months ago I caught it on cable and was mesmerized, although I only got to watch about 20-30 minutes of it. I had to go somewhere and had to pull myself away from the TV.

indytoad
07-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Stealing the star meter for a few I've rented recently:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: ****
Be Cool: **
Hitch: ***
Hostage: ***

IndyToad
Is often generous with his asterik distribution

Harmonica
07-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Crazed Fruit (1956). Japanese film.

Bball
07-13-2005, 02:07 AM
OK... so Netflix sent me a copy of Million Dollar Baby today (Tues) and so now I've caught up with the rest of the known world and have watched it....

I already knew the basics of the ending (and all about the talk of a liberal message). For anyone who doesn't know the ending, she meets Rocky at the end who comes out of retirement when Pauly is killed (murdered for fixing some fights). Maggie and Rocky grow to respect one another (even tho they are male and female fighters and Rocky wanted nothing to do with 'fighting a girl'). They fight to a draw and we get a 'feel good' liberal ending with the two hugging as 'equals' at the end of the movie.

-Bball

birdman
07-14-2005, 12:02 AM
War of the Worlds- **** Why's everyone crapping on this movie? I thought it was excellent. The special effects to the sound were amazing, Tom Cruise (no matter your opinion on him, he is a great actor and perfect for the role) + Steven Spielberg + tripod aliens = Cinematic triple orgasm. It also could help that i know little to nothing about the original.

Fantastic Four- ** Hmmm I wasn't such a big fan of this one, again i haven't read any of the comics or anything, but i guess it was alright. That 2nd star is for Jessica Alba being the hottest woman on the planet

Can't Hardly Wait

=

DrBadd01
07-15-2005, 04:39 AM
Ronin
Big Trouble in little China
Charlie and the Chocalate Factory ****- Once again Tim Burton does things his way, and they work out briliantly.

SoupIsGood
07-17-2005, 11:20 PM
No one makes you feel anything. You choose to feel that way. Someone told me that a long time ago and once I understood what they meant, I was wiser for it. And don't take that as an insult, that's not the way it was intended whatsoever. Anyway, I'm curious what you were going to say.

I was sifting through the movies thread (that you and MR have left for dead, BTW :-p) and this really caught my eye.

At first, I thought this was the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. Er... well I think that actually may have been the second thing I thought.

Choose to feel that way? That sounds a lot like the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time, I can't choose if I am sad or not if someone I loved dies, right? It just happens, yeah. I wonder who told Harmonica this. My room is a mess. Hicks is right, you can control how you act to your emotions, and how others percieve you to be feeling, but you can't control your actual emotions, right? That's like playing God, whatever that means.

[some thoughts concerning religon, faith, girls, and my room again]

Huh... er... oh... yes.. no.... mayb.... uh....

Well, maybe there is something to this, I think I will re-read.

No one makes you feel that way....

Okay, so maybe Harmonica's wisdom-giver meant what when people say to you. (Sorry, but that's how it went in my mind) That makes some sense, since (oh!) you can choose whether you care what certain people say/thing to/about you. Yeah, I do it a lot, like at work. I've always wondered if it was rude, though, to not care what they think.

So maybe that is what it means? You can choose to care.... I'm tired.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went.

I still don't understand. I think my brain stopped working too early.

Harmonica
07-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The best review I heard for this was "Pot smokers have a new movie to add to their collection." I liked this movie a lot. It made me giddy, especially the Oompa-loompa musical numbers.

SoupIsGood
07-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The best review I heard for this was "Pot smokers have a new movie to add to their collection." I liked this movie a lot. It made me giddy, especially the Oompa-loompa musical numbers.

I saw half of that movie, it didn't seem too bad.

I can't believe I left it to go watch the Smiths movie. :banghead:

I really like Danny Elfman's music.

Dr Huxtable
07-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Finding Neverland.

Wonderful flick.

Hicks
07-18-2005, 08:25 PM
The X-Files Movie

Bball
07-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Ron Burgundy... (It was on HBO HD last night).

I will never get that 90 minutes or whatever it was taken from my life to watch this back.

-Bball

tora tora
07-18-2005, 10:25 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007TKNKG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Doug
07-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Catch Me If You Can

Pretty decent.

SycamoreKen
07-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Stealing Lives on Cinamax. Glad I didn't pay to see it. Not as suspensful as it could have been. It got transparent towards the end.

Harmonica
07-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Garden State. Solid effort.

MagicRat
07-19-2005, 01:40 AM
Ikiru

Harmonica
07-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Ikiru

You can't do that? What did you think? You wept, right? Or came close.

SoupIsGood
07-19-2005, 01:55 AM
In Good Company, it was decent.

MagicRat
07-19-2005, 02:41 AM
You can't do that? What did you think? You wept, right? Or came close.

I thought it was very good. There was no weeping, although when he was singing toward the end it was very moving.

I thought it was going to have a very uplifting ending, but it was tempered somewhat by the realization that nothing really changed in the office, despite all of their drunken bluster......

Harmonica
07-19-2005, 07:53 AM
I thought it was very good. There was no weeping, although when he was singing toward the end it was very moving.

I thought it was going to have a very uplifting ending, but it was tempered somewhat by the realization that nothing really changed in the office, despite all of their drunken bluster......

Okay, I was exaggerating. I didn't weep either, although I remember having moist eyes. "Moved" is a much better way to describe it. The scene with him on the swing is amazing, huh?

MagicRat
07-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Okay, I was exaggerating. I didn't weep either, although I remember having moist eyes. "Moved" is a much better way to describe it. The scene with him on the swing is amazing, huh?

You can go ahead and admit that you cried like a baby. I won't tell anybody.

I guarantee if I could get my wife to watch it she would be bawling......

Harmonica
07-19-2005, 02:12 PM
You can go ahead and admit that you cried like a baby. I won't tell anybody.

I guarantee if I could get my wife to watch it she would be bawling......

Do you think it's a film that women would relate to?

MagicRat
07-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Do you think it's a film that women would relate to?

Oh, I think so. I would guess everyone can tap into some of the feelings he goes through as he tries to make sense of his life to that point and find his special purpose........

Unclebuck
07-19-2005, 05:26 PM
MR and Harm, I'm jotting down this movie you guys are talking about and will rent it sometime soon. I assume it is available at Blockbuster. Maybe even Marsh.

sweabs
07-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Tomorrow I have planned an event for all the camps within my district of the City to watch either "Rebound" or "Shark Boy & Lava Girl" at one of the local theatres.

At least one of them is about basketball?!

Harmonica
07-19-2005, 10:09 PM
MR and Harm, I'm jotting down this movie you guys are talking about and will rent it sometime soon. I assume it is available at Blockbuster. Maybe even Marsh.

I'm not familiar with Marsh, but I'd be surprised if Blockbuster has it. I'd be curious one way or another, so let me know. Netflix probably has it. Based on what you've mentioned here about your job, UB, I think you'd really appreciate this film. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Los Angeles
07-19-2005, 11:34 PM
We have horror night at our house every couple of months. 15 or so people, 15 or so bottles, and a little digital projector.

Last Friday we watched a double feature: the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre followed by Evil Dead 2.

Never saw TCM before, and I was shocked at how many movies have ripped every little aspect off of that terrifying original. It was amazing, and great to see it in a theater-like setting.

MagicRat
07-20-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm not familiar with Marsh, but I'd be surprised if Blockbuster has it. I'd be curious one way or another, so let me know. Netflix probably has it. Based on what you've mentioned here about your job, UB, I think you'd really appreciate this film. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

I've never seen it at Blockbuster (and I doubt Marsh has much of a foreign movie selection, but I haven't looked in there in quite a while). I watched a VHS version from the library.......

Kraft
07-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Garden State. Solid effort.

And a more than solid effort on the sound track. That thing rocks my world.

Dr Huxtable
07-20-2005, 03:52 AM
Garden State is one of the best flicks in recent years. As you may recall I had Natalie Portman from it as my icon for a few months. The soundtrack is amazing too.

On the Waterfront Recommended to me by a friend, great movie.

burnzone
07-20-2005, 04:31 AM
I just watched The Jacket, I thought it was really good.

I thought it flowed well from beginning to end, and didn't have any slow spots.

I also thought Adrien Brody did a hell of a job playing the lead character.

I also watched Hide and seek, which was pretty decent, I thought Dakota Fanning, for only being 11 years old, did a hell of a job acting the part, she made her character seem psychotic, for a little kid.

And I also watched Million Dollar Baby, I thought that was really good, I didn't cry though, but I thought all 3 of Eastwood, Freeman, and Swank all did excellent jobs of playing their characters, and it didn't turn out to be as predictable as I thought it would.

All 3 are definitely worth a rental.

SycamoreKen
07-20-2005, 11:37 AM
We went and saw Charlie and The Chocalate Factory yesterday. A great movie. A great story, great effects, and great acting. If you have kids, I would recommend taking them and then discussing the lessons being shown afterward. Depp was perfect for the role of Wonka. See it in the theater to enjoy the full effects of the colors and scenes.

We also watched I Robot on cable last night. It wasn't to bad. Pretty basic action Sci-fi fare. The special effects were very good.

RWB
07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Re-issue of Sling Blade on DVD. Top notch acting by everyone involved. Went into my collection easily.

SycamoreKen
07-22-2005, 01:25 AM
We rented the movie Anacondas today. I know, but our niece likes movies with sharks and snakes eating people, so I had too. It was bad allright. The worst part was that there were not enough people eaten. 4 + a pet monkey made it to the end.

Kegboy
07-23-2005, 08:57 PM
The Island. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.

I still want to know what happened to his other shoe, though. :(

DrBadd01
07-23-2005, 08:58 PM
The Island

Unclebuck
07-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Have not seen the Island, but I won't see it because Michael Bay is the director and I refuse to see anymore of his movies.

But I did see "Hustle & Flow" tonight. Excellent movie. Terrence Howard who was also in "Crash" is one of the better actors out there, he was great in "Hustle and Flow". Very entertaining movie.

Kegboy
07-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Have not seen the Island, but I won't see it because Michael Bay is the director and I refuse to see anymore of his movies.

Well, it's his first movie without Jerry Bruckheimer, so it's a little different.

The story's more mature, as his his direction. Alot of his same old themes are gone (I swear, I don't remember one shot of an American flag).

In fact, the first half doesn't seem like a Michael Bay movie at all. The second half, though... The semi chase looks like deleted footage from Bad Boys II. And he gets his ADD on something fierce during the first escape from the institute. Really quite nauseating.

Still, the acting is better than you'd expect. Anybody who likes Ewan McGregor will love it, especially if you've seen Long Way 'Round.

Los Angeles
07-24-2005, 01:19 PM
The Island. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.

I still want to know what happened to his other shoe, though. :(
ROFL!

And why was the semi carrying Train wheels when none of the trains had wheels? Taking them to the dump, maybe? :confused:

Gyron
07-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Sideways....Ehh, ok I guess, I got bored.
Napolean Dynamite. Didn't really care for it.
Legend of Bagger Vance...Not too bad. I enjoyed it.

Los Angeles
07-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Caddyshack, uncut. My, oh my ... they don't make them like they used to.

SycamoreKen
07-25-2005, 01:46 AM
I also watched Hide and seek, which was pretty decent, I thought Dakota Fanning, for only being 11 years old, did a hell of a job acting the part, she made her character seem psychotic, for a little kid.

The wife and I watched this one this evening. A good movie. Fanning was great and I didn't see the twist coming at the end. If you rent it make sure you watch the alternate endings. A couple were better than the one they used.

Doug
07-25-2005, 10:30 AM
X-Men 2

Great movie. Better than the first. Loved the closing shot panning over the lake, hinting to something that lies ahead.

Hicks
07-25-2005, 11:40 AM
X-Men 2

Great movie. Better than the first. Loved the closing shot panning over the lake, hinting to something that lies ahead.

Yeah, X2 is a great superhero film.

Only problem is X3 is almost certainly going to be awful; the director and writer of the first two are both gone, and everything I've read so far about this one says mediocre at best. It's too bad, I would have loved to see Singer finish a trilogy.

Suaveness
07-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Watched Wedding Crashers on sat....Just freakin hilarious. Of course with it being Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, it was mostly really sex related jokes and humor, but damn it was funny. It was forced in some areas, but I spent a lot of the time laughing real hard. I think it's worth seeing

Hicks
07-25-2005, 11:53 AM
The part of the trailer that makes me laugh (Wedding Crashers) is Wilson's line about "I think we only use 10% of our hearts" :laugh: It's the way he delivers it that cracks me up.

zag
07-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Yep, saw Wedding Crashers on Saturday as well. Hilarious.

Vicious Tyrant
07-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Steve Zissou and the life aquatic. I don't know. I've seen Rushmore, Royal Tennebaums and now this. I just don't get these Wes Anderson movies. They always look so great in the ads, but I just end up bored silly.

Any fans of his? Rushmore? Are you still around? Help me out here.

SoupIsGood
07-25-2005, 01:47 PM
After the Sunset. A terrible, terrible movie, but at least Salma Hayek has got some huge titters. :drool:

Harmonica
07-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Steve Zissou and the life aquatic. I don't know. I've seen Rushmore, Royal Tennebaums and now this. I just don't get these Wes Anderson movies. They always look so great in the ads, but I just end up bored silly.

Peck shared a similar sentiment earlier in this thread and this is what I said to him:

Los Angeles
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Peck shared a similar sentiment earlier in this thread and this is what I said to him:

Well said. Just like other style masters, some are hits and some are misses. Life Aquatic was not the best of Anderson's films, to say the least.

birdman
07-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Yeah I saw Wedding Crashers too a few days ago. This movie is the funniest I've seen in a long time. It certainly deserves an R rating and the R rating puts it over the top. Vince Vaughn :bowdown:

Vicious Tyrant
07-25-2005, 06:31 PM

But are they thought-provoking? Do they broaden your cultural awareness and understanding of the human condition? Do they contradict the extremely complicated social and political climate of underwater sea documentaries?

Come on people, lets do this thing!

cramerica
07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah I saw Wedding Crashers too a few days ago. This movie is the funniest I've seen in a long time. It certainly deserves an R rating and the R rating puts it over the top. Vince Vaughn :bowdown:
Wedding Crashers is a very funny film. Definitely one of the best films this year. Key word is "one".

Suaveness
07-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Wedding Crashers just made my day. I loved the dinner scene where Vince got some free...uh lovin

Kraft
07-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Wedding Crashers was solid in comparison to others of its fare. I normally don't like the type -- Anchorman, Dodgeball, etc., but this one didn't have Ben Stiller trolling around, which made me happy. And I only had to deal with Will Ferrell in moderation. I'm OK with that.

Kegboy
07-26-2005, 12:34 AM
Finally saw The Village.

I would count myself as a moderate M. Night fan. I think Signs is a tremendous film, though I understand why some people don't like it, because it's basically false advertising. I think Unbreakable is a better comic-book movie than most of today's standards. However, when I read all the horrible reviews for this film, they gave me enough pause not to go. Good thing, too.

Having read all the critics, I knew most all the twists going in. The one I didn't know was the first one, involving Adrien Brody's character. That really bugged me. Which, I guess was the point, but it took me out of the film. You can espouse on such violence itself being pointless, and if there had been more of a riff along those regards, that would be fine, but in truth it was nothing more than a device to set up the (rather incredulous) events to come.

I really wanted to like this film, but I must say the mountains of criticism I've read is completely justified. It plays out like Night just pieced together a story with elements he wanted to play around with. Now that said, the film is a beautiful piece, and the acting is pretty good considering what the actors had to deal with. Which sums up what I've heard from others, that Night needs to lay off the writing and try directing someone elses work, for a change.

Harmonica
07-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Murderball. Pretty interesting documentary about paraplegics who play full-contact rugby in Mad Max-style wheelchairs, eventually competing in the Paralympic Games in Athens, Greece.

McClintic Sphere
07-26-2005, 09:56 PM

The best Wes Anderson film in my book was his first one, Bottle Rocket:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115734/ In that one he let his characters breathe and it flowed really well. It was funny without having the gag a minute frat boy humor most young male films go for. To me, his movie settings became increasingly overwrought, drowning out the characters appeal, especially The Royal Tennenbaums. Although, I did like the Aquatic Life better than the previous ones. If you haven't seen Bottle Rocket, run, don't walk to your nearest filmic propietor.

Skaut_Ech
07-26-2005, 10:18 PM
The best Wes Anderson film in my book was his first one, Bottle Rocket:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115734/ In that one he let his characters breathe and it flowed really well. It was funny without having the gag a minute frat boy humor most young male films go for. To me, his movie settings became increasingly overwrought, drowning out the characters appeal, especially The Royal Tennenbaums. Although, I did like the Aquatic Life better than the previous ones. If you haven't seen Bottle Rocket, run, don't walk to your nearest filmic propietor.

I should have figured you'd like Bottle Rockets. I actually bought a copy of it when it first came out on Video on a whim and loved it. I still haven't had the time to strap my wife down and make her watch it. I DL'ed Aquatic Life but haven't had even a smidge of time to sit down and watch it. I gotta say I love all his films, but I can see what you're saying about being overwrought.

Harmonica, I saw a writup on murderball. I'd like to see that, too.

I'm going top see Wedding Crashers Thursday. I'm hyped to see Vince Vaughn in anything. I even wtached that piece of crap Be Cool, just to see him.

but this one didn't have Ben Stiller trolling around, which made me happy

I can't say enough bad things about Stiller and the people who love his movies. (Yeah, I know that sounds elitist.) I call him the Steve Guttenburg of the modern film era: a moderately talented guy who seems to have to turn down a barrage of film offers. Early in his career I thought he might turn out to be a clever guy who made you think, but now I see I was unfortunately mistaken.

Harmonica
07-26-2005, 10:50 PM
I can't say enough bad things about Stiller and the people who love his movies. (Yeah, I know that sounds elitist.) I call him the Steve Guttenburg of the modern film era: a moderately talented guy who seems to have to turn down a barrage of film offers. Early in his career I thought he might turn out to be a clever guy who made you think, but now I see I was unfortunately mistaken.

Well, while we're at it, I couldn't agree more with this guy (it's from a review of Wedding Crashers):

And then my head almost exploded right then and there in the ****ing theater. I'm sitting in the dark, having a decent enough time watching a slightly funnier-than-average "frat-pack" dopey comedy when from out of nowhere, Will Ferrell appears on screen. AYEEEEEEEEEEE!!! My eyes, my ****ing burnt-out eyes! People of earth: he is a useless, unfunny, no talent hack who you only think is funny because you saw him on Saturday Night Live and you have been brainwashed and programmed into thinking that things on Saturday Night Live are funny; therefore you think Will Ferrell must be funny. Snap the **** out of it, you couch-humping troglodytes! Oh, how I hate this man. The very site of his big, ugly, manic head makes me want to **** on somebody. And of course, Will Ferrell was Will Ferrell. Loud, retarded, insanely-campy and of course completely unfunny. One of his big jokes? He lives at home with his mom, plays with nunchucks and likes meatloaf. Get it? Get my rifle. He must be ****ing stopped. Who on earth finds him talented? And why wasn't I warned? Honestly, they should hand out warning stickers when this cockslob gets a cameo.

Warning: This film contains Will Ferrell.
Please evacuate your bowels before entering the theater.

And of course he was bare-chested and wearing pancake makeup and hollering like a moron—or crying—the entire time he was on screen. Dammit, Will Ferrell is the most repulsive man in Hollywood. I'd rather get butt-****ed repeatedly by Ben Affleck than even be in the same room as Ferrell. I mean that.

And from the moment Ferrell appeared on screen to the merciful rolling of the credits I was in utter and absolute pain. Whatever positive qualities Wedding Crashers had going for it was instantly undermined by the knowledge that the minds who made this film actually thought that their finished product would be better and funnier by the inclusion of Will Ferrell. Dolts, the lot of them.

:laugh:

http://ruthlessreviews.com/movies/w/weddingcrashers.html

SoupIsGood
07-26-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm watching Jurassic Park. Always had a thing for that movie. When I was little, I would watch it from under my pillow, partly because my babysitter wouldn't let me watch it, and partly because it scared me so much. :bananadea

Same thing with the movie where the Piranhas eat everyone. She only thought I didn't see that booby shot at the start of the movie! :devil:

indytoad
07-26-2005, 11:37 PM
I loved Jurassic Park when it first came out and I was 9 or so. I've seen it a million times.

IndyToad
Civilization as we know it might get splashed

SjA3837
07-27-2005, 02:04 AM
I saw Dark Waters, it sucked.

SoupIsGood
07-27-2005, 02:10 AM
I saw Dark Waters, it sucked.

Really? I almost went to see it the other day, glad I didn't.

Well, then again, I chose Mr and Mrs Smith over it. :puke:

Mr. Pink
07-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Devil's Rejects was OOOkkk. A lot of gore, but nothing really special. I recommend waiting for video.

Kraft
07-27-2005, 01:20 PM
"How's the view from sugar heaven, b!tch?"

I indulged myself.

Gyron
07-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Watched Darkness falls on TV a night or two ago. Nothing too impressive.

EXCEPT I love to watch Emma Caufield in anything:D

foretaz
07-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Secret Santa

number of pacers references....liked that...;)

SoupIsGood
07-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Secret Santa

number of pacers references....liked that...;)

secret Santa? How old is that movie, it isn't ringing a bell...

Bball
07-28-2005, 02:35 AM
The Unforgiven

-Bball

Harmonica
07-28-2005, 03:18 AM
Went to see a special screening of one of my favorite movies of all time—C'era Una Volta Il West, but it was sold out. So I saw Wedding Crashers instead. Let's just say it ain't no C'era Una Volta Il West, but it did have a few good laughs.

foretaz
07-28-2005, 07:30 AM
secret Santa? How old is that movie, it isn't ringing a bell...

looks like it was a 2003 made for tv movie...nothing special...just a feel goodn christmas movie with the chick from 90210....however it takes place in indiana....the lead character is a reporter for the 'indianapolis sentinel'....

and there are a number of pacer references including a short question and answer session about the pacers, believe it or not...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369910/

Natston
07-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Bram Stoker's Dracula

Top Secret!

Constantine

Diamond Dave
07-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Went and saw Wedding Crashers. That movie went through 3 distinct phases.

The Beginning: Not funny, fails to introduce characters properly (they have jobs as divorce consultants, but it was pretty pointless to even give them jobs). Very slow moving.

The Middle: Funny, very funny. Eventually we move from watching wedding after wedding to just one big shin-dig. The big middle of the movie I thought was quite entertaining. I was very pleased not to have to see Ben Stiller, or any of the other chronies who clog these films. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn actually work really well together during this part. For those who have seen it I think can agree with me that when the brother demands for his painting of Vaughn back, that it was downright hilarious when Vaughn says back "The painting was a gift Todd. I'm taking it with me."

The End: Now I am one who actually think Will Ferrell has talent. However whenever he is in these short cameo roles he is just god-awful. Now I don't blame him for acting that way. Obviously there is a segment who think his over the top stuff is funny, so he just cashes in on it from time to time. This movie went downhill quickly in the last 15 minutes.

Overall I'd give this movie a B-.

The Beginning would get a "D", the middle an "A" and the end a C+.

Dr Huxtable
07-28-2005, 04:40 PM
The Breakfast Club.

I've seen it a couple times now and it still hasn't gotten old.

One of my favorite movies.

Mourning
07-28-2005, 05:37 PM
The Unforgiven

-Bball

:thumbsup:

Mourning
07-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Anyone seen "Wrong Turn"? I just borrowed it from a friend and I will see it, but I think I have to make time for it, otherwise it will probably still be on my DVD player unseen at the end of the year.

Saw "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" again yesterday, I love that movie :).

Regards,

SoupIsGood
07-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Damn, nice avatar Mourning.

Unclebuck
07-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Went and saw Wedding Crashers. That movie went through 3 distinct phases.

The Beginning: Not funny, fails to introduce characters properly (they have jobs as divorce consultants, but it was pretty pointless to even give them jobs). Very slow moving.

The Middle: Funny, very funny. Eventually we move from watching wedding after wedding to just one big shin-dig. The big middle of the movie I thought was quite entertaining. I was very pleased not to have to see Ben Stiller, or any of the other chronies who clog these films. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn actually work really well together during this part. For those who have seen it I think can agree with me that when the brother demands for his painting of Vaughn back, that it was downright hilarious when Vaughn says back "The painting was a gift Todd. I'm taking it with me."

The End: Now I am one who actually think Will Ferrell has talent. However whenever he is in these short cameo roles he is just god-awful. Now I don't blame him for acting that way. Obviously there is a segment who think his over the top stuff is funny, so he just cashes in on it from time to time. This movie went downhill quickly in the last 15 minutes.

Overall I'd give this movie a B-.

The Beginning would get a "D", the middle an "A" and the end a C+.

I tend to agree. Although I think you're being too hard oin the first 20 minutes. While not that funny, it was somewhat entertaining.

Overall I enjoyed the movie and thought it was funny. But by no means did I think it was a classic or anything out of the ordinary. I heard the guys on Fox Sports radio earlier this week talk like this was an instant classic and one of the funniest movies of all time.

SoupIsGood
07-28-2005, 11:30 PM
The Haunting. Really bad.

foretaz
07-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Phenomenon....

never had seen it before...

i really enjoyed it...

Suaveness
07-29-2005, 12:02 AM
I tend to agree. Although I think you're being too hard oin the first 20 minutes. While not that funny, it was somewhat entertaining.

Overall I enjoyed the movie and thought it was funny. But by no means did I think it was a classic or anything out of the ordinary. I heard the guys on Fox Sports radio earlier this week talk like this was an instant classic and one of the funniest movies of all time.

I absolutely loved it. I think it was one of the funnier movies I've seen. It's a bit too dirty at times, but enjoyable. But it's all opinion anyway

Mourning
07-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Damn, nice avatar Mourning.

;)

Suaveness
07-29-2005, 01:53 AM
Shakespeare in Love

I love this movie soooo much, it's just so beautiful

3ptmiller
07-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Fantastic Four

it was watchable, but dont expect it to be really good.

Dark Water

Ive seen both the original Japanese version and American Version... the original was so damn creepy so i couldnt enjoy my sleeping that well...

Skaut_Ech
07-29-2005, 01:11 PM

Okay, I saw it last nite.

Let me get something off my chest:

I know it's just a "silly summer comedy", but why is it you can't have black people in movies unless they're the butler or a thug? How often are they just a character?

And why can't people have old people be funny and not a source of ridicule? The only time old folks are in a comedy is to make funny of how feeble they are.

And lastly, gays are oftentimes held up for ridicule, too. The sex starved, homo-pervert thing got old a long time ago.

I'm not a PC flag waver, but it kinda bugs me sometimes. Just like how they're afriad to have a black man romance with a white woman. You'll notice they always split the difference and make the black guy fall in love with a latino girl, or asaian, or whatever.

Okay, I'm sure I irritated some of you with that rant, but as I enjoyed the movie (for what it was), that kinda stuff kept popping in my head. I like Will Farrell on SNL. I think he's gut bustingly funny. Truly. He's the only reason I watched it. As a big screen actor? Blech! (Although I was fond of ELF.) You guys are right. He helped grind the pciture to a halt.

Now as to the movie, At it's very core, pretty damn funny. I wish Vince Vaughn would truly have a breakout role to equal Swingers, cause thei guy's got "it." This is about as close as he's some, and it still wasn't close.

Overall, an amusing movie, though, despite my gripes. I wish I would have walked out with a good catch phrase/quote from it though. That's the true mark of a really good "summer movie".

Suaveness
07-29-2005, 01:21 PM
We only use 10% of our hearts....teeehee

Hicks
07-29-2005, 01:59 PM
To see a black character who, while possessing some stereotypical characterizations, is really a character, and to see him have a (doomed to fail, but not because of race) relationship with a white woman, see the TV show Angel, seasons 3 & 4.

Vicious Tyrant
07-29-2005, 02:28 PM
I know it's just a "silly summer comedy", but why is it you can't have black people in movies unless they're the butler or a thug?

Or a cop??? :rolleyes:

;)

Vicious Tyrant
07-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Actually Scott asks some good questions. Besides Hicks answer what are some movies that take "stereotype-type" characters (black, gay, old, fat, whatever) and make something real of them?

I'm having trouble coming up with any off the bat. Anyone else?

Hicks
07-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Well, in Batman Begins, the only butler is white and the scientist is black.

Deep Space Nine: Captain Sisko is far from stereotypical, same with his son.

I don't think I've ever seen a gay character where that wasn't played up some how.

Diamond Dave
07-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Most movies with John Candy went past the "big fat guy" stereotype. He was a normal character in his movies despite his large size. Such as "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" or "Cool Runnings"

Diamond Dave
07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Well, in Batman Begins, the only butler is white and the scientist is black.

Deep Space Nine: Captain Sisko is far from stereotypical, same with his son.

I don't think I've ever seen a gay character where that wasn't played up some how.

Yes, Deep Space Nine. Always an excellent example. As a matter of fact Star Trek in general has always prided itself of showing a future without stereotypes and of equality.

Vicious Tyrant
07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Star Trek.

Tru dat.

Kraft
07-29-2005, 05:35 PM
"Love Actually"
"Playing by Heart"

Suaveness
07-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Love actually is also an awesome movie

SoupIsGood
07-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Morgan Freeman gets past the black and now the old stereotypes. He is easily one of my favorite actors.

3ptmiller
07-29-2005, 08:41 PM
NAPOLEON DYNAMITE... probably the funniest movie ive seen :D

foretaz
07-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Morgan Freeman gets past the black and now the old stereotypes. He is easily one of my favorite actors.

i second that....

i watch movies of his just because hes in them....

SoupIsGood
07-29-2005, 08:44 PM
i second that....

i watch movies of his just because hes in them....

Same here.

Unclebuck
07-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Morgan Freeman can make a horrible movie watchable. And to be fair he's been in some horrible movies