PDA

View Full Version : What movie did you last watch?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

SoupIsGood
07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Aren't all white guys dorky

Jack Bauer would like to discuss something with you. :box:

Unclebuck
07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Jack Bauer would like to discuss something with you. :box:

Yes, but he isn't really real. I bet in real life, he's dorky

MagicRat
07-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Black Knight: The Duel

Hoop
07-09-2007, 03:39 PM
The only guy I remotely cared about was Shia LaBeouf's character. I kind of like that actor; I see now why Spielberg likes him.
He's a good young actor. You ever see the movie Holes? it's pretty good.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311289/

Unclebuck
07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, LaBeouf is a very good (not great) actor but more than that he's very likeable.

cramerica
07-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Yes, LaBeouf is a very good (not great) actor but more than that he's very likeable.
Disturbia was a very good movie. He did a nice job in that movie.

Gyron
07-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Watched "Cars" again.

Saw "Seasame Street sings Karioke", Seasame Street sings Silly Songs" in my rear view mirror about 20 times.

If you thought Karioke was bad, you ought to see Seasome Street do it.....25 times....

cramerica
07-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Just watched Predator. I love that movie.

cramerica
07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Also, if you ever have the chance watch "The Greatest Game Ever Played". Excellent movie, even if you don't care for golf you will like this movie.

SoupIsGood
07-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Life Is Beautiful

Loved it.

LoneGranger33
07-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Transformers...and I agree that it stunk. I never watched the cartoons as a kid (or played with the action figures or what not), but the movie was pretty poor. All movies these days have action sequences that are just to fast and flashy to follow. And I'm only 21! I knew I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep in the theater, so I was really hoping for a seizure. Don't get me wrong, special effects are cool and all, I'd just like to see them.

Particularly disturbing/hilarious was when it was revealed the girl had a criminal record, and Shia acts all offended for about 35 seconds (it's almost like they had been together forever rather than, say, fifteen minutes), then he's okay with it. And then he demands that her juvy record be cleared - what a hero!

JayRedd
07-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Life Is Beautiful

Loved it.

Great one.

Just saw The Constant Gardener.

I was most interested when I learned it was done by the same director as City of God (which if you haven't seen, you really should). I also like Ralph Fiennes quite a bit. All and all, it was really well done and I was really into it for the first hour and fifteen or so. But, towards the end it loses some steam and becomes a little blah and/or preachy. But, it was still beautifully shot and the story was a good one.

Mourning
07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Life Is Beautiful

Loved it.

"La Vita E Bella" ;).

Unclebuck
07-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Just saw The Constant Gardener.

I was most interested when I learned it was done by the same director as City of God (which if you haven't seen, you really should). I also like Ralph Fiennes quite a bit. All and all, it was really well done and I was really into it for the first hour and fifteen or so. But, towards the end it loses some steam and becomes a little blah and/or preachy. But, it was still beautifully shot and the story was a good one.

City of God was great - very disturbing, but many of those scenes are seared into my mind.

"Constant Gardner" was only OK. I respected the filmmaking, the acting and the subject matter - but I really didn't enjoy watching it. I never really got into it - I was a little bored and checking my watch a lot. it was one of those movies that I say was a good movie, but I really didn't like it.

Gyron
07-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Black Knight: The Duel

meh....

07-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Meet the Feebles.... finally got to see that one and all i have to say is... Peter Jackson is sick! :D

JayRedd
07-11-2007, 01:13 PM
"Constant Gardner" was only OK. I respected the filmmaking, the acting and the subject matter - but I really didn't enjoy watching it. I never really got into it - I was a little bored and checking my watch a lot. it was one of those movies that I say was a good movie, but I really didn't like it.

The intrigue of the first half had me at least interested, but yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Sorta of similar for "Downfall," which I watched yesterday (I'm on a big WWII kick lately). It's a German film about Hitler and the SS's final days in a Berlin bunker when the war was essentially over and Russians were in his backyard. It was well done, and it definitely was impressive that the filmmakers would be so daring with the subject matter (I can't think of too many other films that even put Hitler on-screen let alone try to humanize him in any way).

It gives you a good sense of the despair that was felt by the Nazi officials towards the end, which I guess was the overall goal, and the actors were all really believable, but the actual story was just a little repetitive and anti-climactic.

317Kim
07-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Harry Potter and the OOTP - I didn't read the book so it did feel like I was missing out on some things, but overall, I thought it was okay.

Transformers - Even though it's the second time I've seen the movie, I didn't want it to end. I thought it was a very good movie.

Gyron
07-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Watched Mummy 2 again. Was bored, looking for something to watch out of the DVD collection.

Watched "Into the Blue". Out of everything, had some nice scenery with Jessica Alba, but the acting sucked. And was totally unbelievable with guys holding their breath and fighting for several minutes at a time. And the guy hanging onto the front big *** cigarette boat going full speed. and not getting the **** knocked out of him.....Yeah, not beleievable at all.

Robobtowncolt
07-16-2007, 10:59 AM
The Devil Wears Prada.

bellisimo
07-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Desperado - it was good to visit that movie again...although some scenes felt corny this time around...

Trader Joe
07-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Just saw Transformers a second time. Still a great movie the second time around.

JayRedd
07-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Desperado - it was good to visit that movie again...although some scenes felt corny this time around...

Ummmmmmmm........Salma.

campy
07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Cool Runnings.

efx
07-21-2007, 04:33 AM
Harry Potter OOTP. Didn't know why I bothered.

bellisimo
07-21-2007, 12:52 PM
has anyone seen any good teen comedies?
even though i'm nowhere being a teenager anymore...i still get a kick out of it once in a while - and right now i'm craving for some stupid fun. :)

07-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Evan Almighty - Well, i dont recommend it... movie was --> :bs:

bellisimo
07-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Resident Evil 2 - the end just couldn't come fast enough...

JayRedd
07-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Just saw Rescue Dawn. Really well shot, scripted and presented. And Christian Bale was stellar as usual.

But for some reason, after a really good first hour and a half or so, it just kind of leaves you a little underwhelmed as you're walking out of the theater.

Definitely worth checking out though.

JayRedd
07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Also saw Judgement at Nuremberg a few days back. EVERYONE should see this movie. Spencer Tracy, Burt Lancaster and especially Maximillian Schell are all superb as is the whole story, although dramatized, of the German judges who were on trial to determine if they should also be held responsible for Nazi war crimes.

Easily one of the best "legal" or "courtroom" films ever made. I believe it won a boatload of Oscars and other awards.

bellisimo
07-23-2007, 07:59 AM
American Pie - i remember laughing vividly in the theaters when I saw it back in '99...this time - hardly had any laughters...maybe because the jokes got stale or i got old?....

Unclebuck
07-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Just saw Rescue Dawn. Really well shot, scripted and presented. And Christian Bale was stellar as usual.

But for some reason, after a really good first hour and a half or so, it just kind of leaves you a little underwhelmed as you're walking out of the theater.

I want to see that - really the only summer movie I've had any real interest in watching. Not showing yet here in Indy though

Gyron
07-23-2007, 10:33 AM
High School Musical...Not the worst teen musical movie I have ever seen. Better than Justin to Kelly....

travmil
07-23-2007, 02:49 PM
has anyone seen any good teen comedies?

Not lately, but my absolute fave in this genre is Eurotrip. Just make sure you get the unrated version.

bellisimo
07-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Not lately, but my absolute fave in this genre is Eurotrip. Just make sure you get the unrated version.

Scotty doesn't know! Scotty doesn't know! :D :D :D
one of my all time fave. ;)

cactusjack
07-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. O.K. movie, but JESSICA ALBA :dance::dance: That woman should get an Oscar just for breathing.

bellisimo
07-24-2007, 08:38 AM
The Fast and the Furious - Yea I'm having a nostalgic week watching some of the older flicks...it was good fun - shame the sequals sucked so much...

bellisimo
07-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. O.K. movie, but JESSICA ALBA :dance::dance: That woman should get an Oscar just for breathing.

Megan Fox > Jessica Alba :-p

cactusjack
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Only if you're on good drugs.

bellisimo
07-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Only if you're on good drugs.

does lust count as one? :D

kind of an interesting find...

http://celebritycatfights.blogspot.com/2007/07/jessica-alba-vs-megan-fox.html

cactusjack
07-24-2007, 11:18 AM
does lust count as one? :D

kind of an interesting find...

http://celebritycatfights.blogspot.com/2007/07/jessica-alba-vs-megan-fox.html

It must. God knows it has clouded my thinking and got me into trouble enough, over the years!
As far as the catfight goes, it doesn't matter which of them comes out on top because every guy watching would win.

tinsley#11
07-24-2007, 08:04 PM

The Clippers' own Elton Brand is a producer of this flick. i have heard many good reviews!

bellisimo
07-25-2007, 04:21 AM
Bad Boys - Nostalgia FTW!

JayRedd
07-25-2007, 11:50 AM
The Clippers' own Elton Brand is a producer of this flick. i have heard many good reviews!

Yeah...Don't get me wrong...It's a very good movie. There are just two (minor) problems I had, but didn't wanna go into due to the potential "spoilerability" of them.

It's one of the better movies I've seen this year and was reminiscent (somewhat) to me of Bridge on the River Kwai, which is saying a lot for it.

Brand sure did pick a good first film to back. The success this is going to have, at least critically, should ensure he and and that company will stick around in the cinema biz for a while to come.

317Kim
07-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Rush Hour 2

I really enjoy all the Rush Hours. I can't wait until the third one comes out.

Gyron
07-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Bad Boys - Nostalgia FTW!

Bad Boys 2, HA, Trumped your nostigalia!:D

bellisimo
07-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Bad Boys 2, HA, Trumped your nostigalia!:D

not really - BB > BB2 :-p

Kegboy
07-25-2007, 09:43 PM
not really - BB > BB2 :-p

QFT

SoupIsGood
07-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Transformers. Really liked it.

SoupIsGood
07-26-2007, 03:48 AM
Rush Hour 2

I love the Rush Hours. Did you see the bloopers? "He ain't gonna be in Rush Hour 3!"

bellisimo
07-26-2007, 05:42 AM
I love the Rush Hours. Did you see the bloopers? "He ain't gonna be in Rush Hour 3!"

come August we'll find out if it holds true :-p

07-26-2007, 09:59 AM

Adriana Lima > Just anybody :cool:

Unclebuck
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Let me recommend the movie "Zodiak" It just came out on DVD. Probably the best movie I've seen this year.

Mourning
07-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Let me recommend the movie "Zodiak" It just came out on DVD. Probably the best movie I've seen this year.

Yes, very good IMO too.

Unclebuck
07-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Yes, very good IMO too.

Hey Mourning,

Have you seen "The Lookout" yet. I'm just curious to know if you liked it as much as I. The only reason I didn't say that the Zodiak is by far the best movie I've seen this year is because The Lookout I like about as well.

Hicks
07-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Zodiac was good, but I'm debating on if I'll ever pick it up on DVD. Aside from the fact that I'm cooling off on buying movies that I'll probably only watch once ever 1-3 years, that movie was also fairly disturbing to me when I saw it. Of course, now that I know what to expect it won't be that bad.

Unclebuck
07-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Zodiac was good, but I'm debating on if I'll ever pick it up on DVD. Aside from the fact that I'm cooling off on buying movies that I'll probably only watch once ever 1-3 years, that movie was also fairly disturbing to me when I saw it. Of course, now that I know what to expect it won't be that bad.

I read that the DVD that just came out as very few extras, and next year they will be coming out with a directors cut and a lot of extras. (although most movies do that now - multiple DVD releases - I hate it though because I want the extras but I'd like to see it again, but I certainly am not going to buy it twice)

Mourning
07-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey Mourning,

Have you seen "The Lookout" yet. I'm just curious to know if you liked it as much as I. The only reason I didn't say that the Zodiak is by far the best movie I've seen this year is because The Lookout I like about as well.

Yeah, I watched the trailer after you recommended it the last time. Looked promissing, haven't really seen if it's in the cinema's here yet... I'm pretty sure I will see it on a short term íf it's here allready :).

Waiting for the third "Bourne" movie, aswell as that new movie with Jennifer Lopez in it (don't like her btw) about that Mexican bordertown (is it Juarez?) where several hundred women got murdered and dumped in the desert in the last 10-15 years or so. I remember that story from the news a few years ago... don't know if the movie is any good yet, but the story is "interesting" IMO.

Btw I like movies that "touch" me "move", "thrill" or generally topics that interest me... beying disturbed might be one of those things too, though I would never buy something like "Hostel" which was INCREADIBLY bad! Movie has to have quality.

Special Effects... you know I like those just like everyone, but the plot and story go first... there are only a few exceptions for me in that regard.

Some examples of what I like: Flight93, Traffic, Requiem of a Dream, The Pianist, Warriors, Crash, One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest, La Vita E Bella, Silence of the Lambs, Aliens, Once Upon a Time in the West, Der Untergang (Downfall), Sophy Scholl, High Fidelity, The Killing Fields, Schindler's List, Fight Club, The Thin Red Line, Raging Bull, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Everything is Illuminated, American History X, the Bourne Movies, the LOTR-trilogy, etc.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

bellisimo
07-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Adriana Lima > Just anybody :cool:

you need to remove them goggles to get a clear vision :-p

JayRedd
07-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Requiem of a Dream

If you like Darren Aronofsky, you might wanna check out The Fountain.

It was pretty odd, but in a good way. I still have very little idea what happened, and can't really confirm if what I thought happened actually did happen, but it was thought-provoking and very different from most things you'll ever see.

avoidingtheclowns
07-26-2007, 05:45 PM

It was pretty odd, but in a good way. I still have very little idea what happened, and can't really confirm if what I thought happened actually did happen, but it was thought-provoking and very different from most things you'll ever see.

ditto

also check out his first film Pi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oQ1sZSCz47w

Mourning
07-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I have Pi myself on DVD... Haven't seen The Fountain yet :).

Unclebuck
07-27-2007, 04:35 PM
"Rescue Dawn" was really good. Best movie I've seen this summer (which isn't saying much at all)

Lord Helmet
07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Rush Hour 2

Rush Hour 1 and 2 kick ***.

Rush Hour 3 is going to rock.

And yeah, Soup I saw the bloopers, they're funny as hell, too. :laugh:

JayRedd
07-27-2007, 07:06 PM
"Rescue Dawn" was really good. Best movie I've seen this summer (which isn't saying much at all)

Same here.

The one thing that kind of irked me was -- and I'd read this in a review prior to going so it was on my mind from the beginning -- was that, as good as Christian Bale was in this movie, his character never seemed phased by anything. In all the torture and malnutrition and captivity and general horrible-ness of that prison camp, he never really seemed more than mildly inconvenienced. It was like he wasn't even human and had emotions and a psyche of the most ascetic Tibeten monk.

The more I thought about it, I think this might have been the whole point though....Meaning, the film was about the unwielding and unbreakable potentiality of the human spirit. And how his ability to commit to one thing (escaping) and just do it no matter what the circumstances or odds, even while all those around him were unable to withstand the adversity, is something that we all possess. We just don't know it or how to tap into it.

Or maybe not. But either way, I didn't realize any of that until afterwards really, and watching a guy who seemingly had the resolve of Superman make it out the jungle didn't really tug at my emotions as much as I expected a captivity tale of overcoming insurmountable odds would.

Basically, I've come to the conclusion that I should watch it again.

Additionally....I wasn't in love with the final like 10 minutes after they left the jungle really either.

Hicks
07-27-2007, 07:26 PM
The Simpsons Movie.

About what I expected: Occasional laughs, but basically it's a hollow shell of what made the show great in the early 90's (just like the show itself has been for a decade).

Spider-Pig! Spider-Pig!
Does whatever a Spider-Pig does!
Can he swing from a web?
No he can't, he's a pig.
Lookout! He is a Spider-Pig!

:D

Kegboy
07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Spider-Pig! Spider-Pig!
Does whatever a Spider-Pig does!
Can he swing from a web?
No he can't, he's a pig.
Lookout! He is a Spider-Pig!

:D

I take it I was right in assuming that was the funniest part of the movie?

DisplacedKnick
07-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Rented 3 over the past few days.

Premonition - Just OK. The plot was good but it needed more scenes that had real biting emotional impact. About halfway through the movie you pretty much knew the rough outlines of the rest of it. Another tact might have been to cover fewer days, go into more detail for each day and for Bullock's character to not realize what was going on until right at the end.

Zodiac - Good movie but I guess I don't give it the raves some of you have. Nothing to really criticize - thought it was well done and it was certainly engrossing but I don't consider it one of the best I've seen this year.

The Number 23 - I really liked this - better than Zodiac actually. Real interesting in-depth look at obsession and the roots of pathological behavior. When you start mimicking character behaviors partway through a movie you know it has you.

SoupIsGood
07-29-2007, 02:40 AM
The Simpsons Movie.

It was the first Simpsons thing I've ever watched, and it was boring.

bellisimo
07-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Leon aka The Professional - no matter how many times I've seen it...still manages to get to me. great flick.

JayRedd
07-29-2007, 01:16 PM
It was the first Simpsons thing I've ever watched

Really? That's hard to believe.

SoupIsGood
07-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Yep. Prior to seeing that movie, I'd never watched the Simpsons, South Park, or any Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

People like freak out when I tell them that.

07-29-2007, 09:51 PM
ZODIAK

This extremly long movie was to slow for my taste, to boring, to much "bla bla bla" that I almost fell asleep, sometimes it got interesting tho... but 3 (4??) hours later i left with a momentary thrill and a sore a**.

I really cant say it was bad either because it had its moments (very few).. But i cant say it was one of the best movies of 2007.

Movies like these were MUCH better than Zodiac i think...

"Grindhouse"
"The Lookout"
"Hot Fuzz"
"Black Snake Moan"
"28 weeks later"

etc....

Unclebuck
07-29-2007, 11:31 PM
ZODIAK

This extremly long movie was to slow for my taste, to boring, to much "bla bla bla" that I almost fell asleep, sometimes it got interesting tho... but 3 (4??) hours later i left with a momentary thrill and a sore a**.

I really cant say it was bad either because it had its moments (very few).. But i cant say it was one of the best movies of 2007.

Movies like these were MUCH better than Zodiac i think...

"Grindhouse"
"The Lookout"
"Hot Fuzz"
"Black Snake Moan"
"28 weeks later"

etc....

I liked "The Lookout" very much. Hot Fuzz was also good.

Arcadian
07-30-2007, 02:53 AM
Seraphim Falls. If you like metaphysical endings to your westerns this is for you. I prefer one guy killing the other like we did it when we were men.

Pan's Labyrinth. I liked it a lot. Only David Bowie could have made it better.

bellisimo
07-30-2007, 07:12 AM
The Zodiac - Watched it after the buzz it managed to pick up...must say that it didn't really appeal to me too much....felt a bit dragged out.

The Number 23 - can't say this was any better...atleast a bit shorter than the Zodiac.

Mourning
07-30-2007, 08:08 AM
I liked the Zodiac, BECAUSE it takes it's time to tell its story. No rush. It could have been made 30 minutes shorter probably or actually very likely, but it would have noway near the appeal that it did have for me now.

I also like the sort of movies that aren't as straight forward or simple as they appear to be.

I guess it's a question of what sort of movies you are into. I'm not a fan at all of the Jackie Chan flicks at all or movies that have absolutely no background or character building and are only about special effects or action. But, to each their own, right? :).

Regards,

Unclebuck
07-30-2007, 08:23 AM
I liked the Zodiac, BECAUSE it takes it's time to tell its story. No rush. It could have been made 30 minutes shorter probably or actually very likely, but it would have noway near the appeal that it did now.

I also like the sort of movies that aren't as straight forward or simple as they appeat to be.

I guess it's a question of what sort of movies you are into. I'm not a fan at all of the Jackie Chan flicks at all or movies that have absolutely no background or character building and are only about special effects or action. But, to each their own, right? :).

Regards,

I agree completely. But I was not bored for one second during the movie. But if some of you are wanting a thrill a moment type of movie, with non-stop action - then Zodiak might not be for you.

Last summer I saw the second Pirates movie and hated it. I felt like I was on a roller coaster for 2 and a half hours straight and they wouldn't let me off of it. Most movies today are too much non-stop action for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, I like something to happen in the movie, but if I don't care about the characters - then I don't care about what I'm watching.

I thought the "action scenes" in the Zodiak were outstanding and haunting, but they only took up maybe 10 minutes of the entire movie. So some might say the movie would be better to have more "action" but then their impact would be diminished the movie would have lost it's appeal - at least to me.

DisplacedKnick
07-30-2007, 08:24 AM
I thought The Number 23 was fairly average until I did a mindset switch and looked at it, not from a "caught up in a story he's reading" perspective but from a "how can someone talk himself into an obsession and get completely carried away" POV.

Didn't hurt that I have some 23-ish parts to my life either - especially my birthday.

bellisimo
07-30-2007, 09:25 AM
I like story telling movies with character development...but could not relate to the characters in Zodiac...nor their obsession for that matter.

Pirates is one of those franchises that has a lot of bang - yet still manages to bore me - once again lack of character development....

there are only a few movies I could watch over and over or ones that I would consider great - Gladiator, Braveheart and the Professional. These 3 movies not only spend time on developing the characters - they manage to do it with a bang and a few more.

bellisimo
08-01-2007, 05:16 AM
Wild Hogs - it had so much potential...didn't live up to it....yet still managed to a get a few laughs/giggles...

Naptown_Seth
08-01-2007, 10:27 PM

Yeah, that's a sharp flick. Aronofsky has rolled along so far. Requiem is a tough rewatch, gotta be ready for an experience that intense.

Herzog's Rescue Dawn getting good reviews has me interested. Not a huge fan of his normally but I love Bale's work and I trust the critical praise it's had.

I just watched Pursuit of Happiness which I thought was very strong. Not quite top 10 of last year for me but a good effort. One of Smith's better roles. The true story behind it is very uplifting and the film avoids getting ultra-sappy.

While the wife was out of town I put on the front projector and cranked up the DTS soundtracks for Heat, Last of the Mohicans and Moulin Rouge. Mohicans has some great scenery but it's not Mann's best story telling effort. Heat is as brilliant as ever, though I now prefer Miami Vice myself. Moulin Rouge, still a hell of a good time...well till the end. That Roxanne interpretation is very crafty in my book.

Speaking of Miami Vice, someone mentioned it being a darker version. Only in actual art direction. But people forget that was a pretty gritty, hard-nosed crime drama. For me the film's plot and tone was dead-on with what the TV show presented.

I love Mann's bare-bones plot dialog, just having the plot unfold in real dialog rather than explaining the situation to the audience by taking the time to tell each other stuff the characters would already know. I didn't mind the Cuba trip because for me the point was the connection of both leads to the women in their life. I also don't mind that she wasn't the hottest possible woman, but rather held his interest by being independent, dangerous and in control. Pretty clear to me why he was drawn to her.

And I went to the theater too...
Transformers. Well I loathe Bay's direction and he keeps it up here. I'm so sick of characatures, slo-mo anything and wisps of smoke for his rag-tag team to walk through. However Voigt, Shia (of Project Greenlight fame, that was running I think before Holes was even released) and even Turturro make the most of their sketchy roles and for the first half or so I was able to enjoy a lot of it.

But man there was some crap too, especially the jokey nature of the Xformers themselves (hiding at the house, yeesh), and the reactions to them by humans as someone mentioned. One strong positive - the art direction and CGI of the robots themselves. That was the part I doubted the most and it was the part they got the most right, at least in terms of being interesting if not 100% faithful to the comic (not a big follower so I don't have an opinion on that).

here comes the rant...
I hate that he gets these built-in hits with a CGI production team already assigned to it, a huge budget and a monster ad campaign. I could make Transformers a hit with that on my side. Put a guy like Verbinski on a project like that and you get Pirates quality...(well until Bruckheimer pushes ahead production on 2 sequels while neither film is done being written. The guys literally were making up scenes during filming and the shoddy plotting shows it)

Batman got Nolan, hit AND great film. X-Men got Singer, hit AND great films (and then they put on hack Ratner...) LOTR got Peter Jackson, made huge money AND got an Oscar. Same with Cameron and Titanic. Lot of great directors out there just waiting to take a tentpole popcorn film from generic to classic if they'd just get the chance. Worked for Spielberg with both Jaws and Raiders.

Aronofsky couldn't get a dime to make The Fountain, had to scrap his original version entirely and scale it WAY back, and still he comes up with gold. End rant.

Wu-Gambino
08-01-2007, 10:37 PM
A few movies I've seen recently:

25th Hour (awesome movie)
Traffic (another awesome movie, I'll probably watch it again to clear some things up)

tora tora
08-02-2007, 02:07 AM
So how do you people like the John Rambo trailer? It definitely looks interesting...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SgKaAeGfOyA

Unclebuck
08-02-2007, 08:04 AM
A few movies I've seen recently:

25th Hour (awesome movie)
Traffic (another awesome movie, I'll probably watch it again to clear some things up)

Two excellent movies - I haven't watched either of them in about 4 years - I need to watch them again. 25th Hour surprised me by how much I liked it

Suaveness
08-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Transformers. Very very well done. Shia did a great job, as did Fox (boy is she hot)

Mourning
08-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Two excellent movies - I haven't watched either of them in about 4 years - I need to watch them again. 25th Hour surprised me by how much I liked it

"25th Hour" was definitely good, yes, then again I am biased as Norton is one of my favorite actors :).

JayRedd
08-02-2007, 01:03 PM
So how do you people like the John Rambo trailer? It definitely looks interesting...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SgKaAeGfOyA

Very excited for this. Looks brutal.

This is pretty funny parody of Stallone's recent movie title choices. I'm pretty disapointed there's no "John Spartan" in the works though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7jRXrtXEJY

"25th Hour" was definitely good, yes, then again I am biased as Norton is one of my favorite actors :).

Same here with Norton, but I still think it's my favorite Spike Lee joint.

Barry Pepper has one of my favorite lines of all time in that film:

"I'm Irish...I can't get drunk."

Not actually a spoiler, but whatever.

DrBadd01
08-02-2007, 04:18 PM
The following is the second film that I have directed. It is a documentary on Rosslyn Chapel. Just like the first one (which wasn't very good, but a good first shot at things) I wanted to share it with my friends on PD.

WHRBqgHXyIU

Wu-Gambino
08-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I was impressed. I wasn't to sure of Spike Lee's directing skills. The only other Spike Lee Joint I had viewed prior to 25th Hour was He Got Game (a decent movie loaded with problems).

JayRedd
08-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I was impressed. I wasn't to sure of Spike Lee's directing skills. The only other Spike Lee Joint I had viewed prior to 25th Hour was He Got Game (a decent movie loaded with problems).

He Got Game was kinda cool cause of the bball stuff, but overall pretty poor, like you say.

As for good Spike flicks, check Inside Man, Do The Right Thing, Bamboozled and, definitely, Malcolm X.

bellisimo
08-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Perfect Stranger - Why did Bruce Willis wasted himself on this craptasticular movie?

Wu-Gambino
08-03-2007, 09:35 AM
He Got Game was kinda cool cause of the bball stuff, but overall pretty poor, like you say.

As for good Spike flicks, check Inside Man, Do The Right Thing, Bamboozled and, definitely, Malcolm X.
Yeah, I just finished reading Malcolm X's autobiography a few months back, so I'll definitively check out the movie.

Kegboy
08-03-2007, 03:12 PM
The Bourne Ultimatum

Meh. The action was top-notch, but just like Supremacy, I couldn't get emotionally involved. I don't know if it was Limon was better at humanizing Bourne, or more likely, Marie humanized the character. Once she was gone, he didn't have that to play off of. There's a scene in this one with Julia Stiles' character, that should provoke some emotion, and Jason just stares blankly at her. I get that's part of the character, but him acting like a robot, then performing all these super human feats distances the audience from his plight, IMO.

JayRedd
08-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Just saw V for Vendetta.

It was great.

bellisimo
08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Just saw V for Vendetta.

It was great.

remember...remember...the fifth of november - I agree :D

Lord Helmet
08-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Rudy

DisplacedKnick
08-04-2007, 10:15 PM
The Kovak Box. I was suprised how good it was - was expecting something pretty mediocre and was drawn into it.

Made the mistake of renting 300 a couple of days ago. I like action films but not when the action is pretty much the same thing for a solid hour with the odd rhino or elephant thrown in for variety.

Unclebuck
08-04-2007, 10:51 PM

Norton is one of my favorites for sure

Trader Joe
08-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Watched 300 on Blu Ray last night. AWESOME.

Picked up Zodiac tonight cause UB swears by it. Haven't watched it yet tho.

N8R
08-05-2007, 02:27 AM
The Simpsons Movie.

I expected more I think. I liked it but I wasn't IN like with it.

bellisimo
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Mr. Brooks - good movie - really enjoyed it. worth giving it a go. :)

Naptown_Seth
08-06-2007, 01:59 AM
A couple of brilliant directors on their A game. Another Spike film I really love that seems to get overlooked is Clockers. It's got a similar jazzy scored, introspective somber tone to classic Scorsese stuff like Taxi Driver.

Norton went on a truly brilliant tear for awhile there. He's kinda cooled in recent years, picking some questionable parts at times (bland efforts in Italian Job and the Manhuter remake Red Dragon, Death to Smoochy...yikes). But it's hard to believe the Neo-Nazi thugh in American History X is the lame nerd at the start of Fight Club or the wimpy loser in Rounders.

I just Tivo'd and watched Jimmy Stewart/Marlene Dietrich in Destry Rides Again, good classic formula western.

Episode 1 of the HD-DVD for the BBC doc Planet Earth. Holy freaking ultra-cool HD goodness. See a monster great white come 15 feet out of the water to grab a seal in super slo-mo HD.

N8R
08-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Hot Rod http://www.hotrodmovie.com/

If you like the work that 'The Lonely Island' comedy trio of Andy Samberg (SNL), Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer (Both SNL writters) have done in the past (see SNL digital shorts Dick In A Box (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA)and Roy Rules(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2GRITulf4)) than you will like this one. It has their typical sense of humour to it. If you don't know if you like their previous work, than check out their website http://www.thelonelyisland.com

Gyron
08-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Get rich or Die tryin'-50 Cent

He was actually a pretty decent actor. The movie had a quick ending that didn't really complete the story I felt, but it was a decent movie. Better than I expected.

Last Holiday -again, something goofy to watch with the wife.

Office Space -again, can never watch that too much.

Oh, and that John Rambo trailer above....That movie looks bloody as hell. Might be a fun watch for the special effects.

avoidingtheclowns
08-06-2007, 10:10 AM
A couple of brilliant directors on their A game. Another Spike film I really love that seems to get overlooked is Clockers. It's got a similar jazzy scored, introspective somber tone to classic Scorsese stuff like Taxi Driver.

Norton went on a truly brilliant tear for awhile there. He's kinda cooled in recent years, picking some questionable parts at times (bland efforts in Italian Job and the Manhuter remake Red Dragon, Death to Smoochy...yikes). But it's hard to believe the Neo-Nazi thugh in American History X is the lame nerd at the start of Fight Club or the wimpy loser in Rounders.

i'm not as sure about red dragon, but i know that italian job was just to fufill his contract with the studio.

but i'm a big norton fan... primal fear, AHX, 25th, fight club, rounders, illusionist... great movies. if you're a norton fan you should check out down in the valley and the painted veil.

two little known facts:

he auditioned for the role of andy kaufman for "Man on the Moon" director milos forman could not decide between him and jim carrey and the studio elected to go with carrey. i'm a fan of that movie but its interesting to think about it were norton playing kaufman.

norton actually played guitar for a few gigs with Hole (the courtney love-fronted band)

dannyboy
08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Kicking & Screaming
Two for the Money
Idiocracy
A Piece of the Action

And Big Siragusa was the man in 25th Hour.

bellisimo
08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
i'm not as sure about red dragon, but i know that italian job was just to fufill his contract with the studio.

but i'm a big norton fan... primal fear, AHX, 25th, fight club, rounders, illusionist... great movies. if you're a norton fan you should check out down in the valley and the painted veil.

two little known facts:

he auditioned for the role of andy kaufman for "Man on the Moon" director milos forman could not decide between him and jim carrey and the studio elected to go with carrey. i'm a fan of that movie but its interesting to think about it were norton playing kaufman.

norton actually played guitar for a few gigs with Hole (the courtney love-fronted band)

hopefully he'll do well with the new Incredible Hulk flick that is coming out in the future...

Mourning
08-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Haven't seen "Death to Smoochy" (and aren't planning too! :uhoh:). HATED "The Italian Job".

"The Score" is another movie in which he starred. Pretty decent, not brilliant, but definitely capeable. I thought Norton in "Red Dragon" was decent, a little below his acting in "The Score" and miles below "Primal Fear", "The 25th Hour", "Rounders" and American History X", but not bad at all either.

Btw wasn't very impressed with "Down in the Valley". Just not my movie I guess :).

Regards,

JayRedd
08-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Norton went on a truly brilliant tear for awhile there.

No kidding.

Just looking at his IMDB page, and he did Rounders (1998), American History X (1998) and Fight Club (1999) one right after the other.

More importantly, he's playing Bruce Banner in the next Hulk? I had no idea, but it's supposedly filiming right now and due out next year. Being directed by the guy who did The Transporter flicks.

Not sure how I feel about that. Although, the last one was probably the wosrt movie I've ever seen, so it has to be a step up.

Norton's on tap to star in Motherless Brooklyn too, which is supposedly a really good book according to some of my friends. I haven't read it though. Has anyone here? Is Norton a good call there?

N8R
08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Kicking & Screaming
Two for the Money
Idiocracy
A Piece of the Action

What did you think of Idiocracy? I have been thinking of watching it but I havent heard anyones take on it yet.

avoidingtheclowns
08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
No kidding.

Just looking at his IMDB page, and he did Rounders (1998), American History X (1998) and Fight Club (1999) one right after the other.

More importantly, he's playing Bruce Banner in the next Hulk? I had no idea, but it's supposedly filiming right now and due out next year. Being directed by the guy who did The Transporter flicks.

Not sure how I feel about that. Although, the last one was probably the wosrt movie I've ever seen, so it has to be a step up.

Norton's on tap to star in Motherless Brooklyn too, which is supposedly a really good book according to some of my friends. I haven't read it though. Has anyone here? Is Norton a good call there?

i think the hulk is hoping for batman begins results from the hulk (a box office smash + great acting + critcal acclaim). i think its going to fall short on the 3rd. i think the cast won't be quite as good as batman begins (bale, freeman, oldman, nieson, fat, caine, murphy vs. norton, blake nelson, roth) but will be competent. oddly, norton turned down playing harvey dent to play bruce in this film.

don't know a ton about motherless brooklyn, i remember it being rumored for quite a while that he might star in it.

avoidingtheclowns
08-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Btw wasn't very impressed with "Down in the Valley". Just not my movie I guess :).

down in the valley, i enjoyed the performances of norton and david morse. as a complete film, it is 2/3 of the way there. the ending is quite a mess.

What did you think of Idiocracy? I have been thinking of watching it but I havent heard anyones take on it yet.

i didn't think it was nearly as funny as i hoped it would be. great concept but it just feels like a partial movie - so much of it i thought fell flat. still worth a look and has some very funny moments.

bellisimo
08-06-2007, 04:44 PM

I think its definitely worth a watch...as clowns mentioned it does not reach the expectations...but lives up to its name. ;)

bellisimo
08-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Vacancy - good thriller - slow start - good middle - meh ending.

dannyboy
08-06-2007, 05:06 PM

I thought it was decent. I laughed in my head a few times and out loud once or thrice. Plus, it was filmed right here in Austin.

But I agree with those above; it gets a much better grade for concept than content. Worth watching once I guess.

Reggierock
08-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I recently watched Garden State...Which I think was lost on me because I just didn't get why its considered so good. Someone said I wasn't deep enough to get the metophores in the movie (e.g screaming into thin air), but yeah IMO it's a waste of space on my hdd.

tdubb03
08-08-2007, 01:02 AM
The Lookout. A lot better than I expected. The kid from 3rd Rock was pretty good, as was Jeff Daniels, as always.

88 Minutes. It's an Al Pacino thriller if you haven't heard of it. Don't watch it. It's horrible. I'm assuming Pacino did it to fulfill a contract.

bellisimo
08-08-2007, 04:57 AM
The Lookout. A lot better than I expected. The kid from 3rd Rock was pretty good, as was Jeff Daniels, as always.

88 Minutes. It's an Al Pacino thriller if you haven't heard of it. Don't watch it. It's horrible. I'm assuming Pacino did it to fulfill a contract.

I didn't think it was a disaster. Is it one of the best Pacino flicks? of course not! However I thought it was watchable even though it might have been a notch below the Recruit....

Natston
08-08-2007, 05:43 AM
great concept but it just feels like a partial movie - so much of it i thought fell flat.

QFT

It honestly feels like most of the scathing scenes were cut out and eh, a lame narrator/voice over was substituted. There are some good sight gags but they cannot justify buying the movie. Rent it only if you're a Mike Judge fan and enter with looooooow expectations.

Natston
08-08-2007, 05:51 AM
American Beauty

It had been a awhile since I had seen it and I decided to watch it. Granted the movie was dark and bleak for 99% of it but I loved how Lester finally found peace (even though it was right before he was killed)...

Unclebuck
08-08-2007, 09:34 PM

He's turned into an excellent actor and I liked that movie very much

avoidingtheclowns
08-08-2007, 10:59 PM
buck have you seen "Brick" ? its definitely an indie noir film, but joseph gordon levitt is in it and he's great. its a great movie - its like taking maltese falcon and putting into a high school.

heres the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVzHeJ0Z3I

Natston
08-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Zodiac

A truly great movie! Too bad it won't be liked because there were no car chases, sight gags, or mindless scenes of violence.

Unclebuck
08-08-2007, 11:57 PM
buck have you seen "Brick" ? its definitely an indie noir film, but joseph gordon levitt is in it and he's great. its a great movie - its like taking maltese falcon and putting into a high school.

heres the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVzHeJ0Z3I

No, I haven't seen it, but when "The Lookout" came out I heard talk of it, but I forgot the name of it, so thanks for reminding me. I try to rent it here in the next week or so. Trailer looks good.

Thanks

Hicks
08-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Star Trek: Generations

I see why most fans don't regard it too well, but at the same time I like what they were trying to do with it. I also find the Nexus as a real-life 'Heaven' fascinating as well.

Indianapolis_girly
08-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Crossroads.

haha, yes Britney Spears movie.
lol, now I'm gonna go hide under a rock.

DrBadd01
08-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Bourne Ultimatum

I haven't read any of the books, but I love the Bourne movies. For me they are as fun to watch as any of the Bond Films (though in a much different way). Ultimatum was good. I liked it. I hope they produce a 4th Bourne.

Dr. Goldfoot
08-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Slither & Madagascar

DisplacedKnick
08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Rented The Contract last night. I was afraid it wouldn't be very good.

I was right. Worst performance by Morgan Freeman that I can remember. If anything, John Cusack was worse. Mis-cast and mis-directed. Terrible dialogue. Was hoping that with a strong cast it might be passable but it wasn't. Ugh.

DisplacedKnick
08-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Bourne Ultimatum - love matinee's - I think there were 6 of us in the theatre.

Good show. I didn't like it as well as either of the first two but still good. The plot wasn't as intricate and his "spook" antagonist wasn't a fully developed character like he was in Supremacy. But the action scenes were great, as usual and there were a few moments of real tension that they allowed to build.

I think they've set themselves up for a 4th movie.

The scene where Nikki pretty much said she'd been his sexual partner as his handler really set up for her and Bourne to be heavily emotionally involved inthe next one - maybe Bourne finds her, maybe the CIA sends a hit squad after her and he decides to either defend or avenge her - hard to say. And of course the insinuation may be a curveball - maybe it was hard for her for another reason but that's the direction they sent us.

cactusjack
08-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I finally watched "The Greatest Game Ever Played" last night and enjoyed the hell out of it (of course I think Golf is the greatest game ever invented). It's not often that I get to see a well acted and directed feel good movie that is based on fact. I need a copy of this to add to my golf movie collection.

Pig Nash
08-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Raising Arizona, good flick.

bellisimo
08-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Analyze This - You...doc...you're good doc. :)

Stand By Me - one of my all time faves...

Kiss of the Dragon - solid action movie by Jet Li.

I Think I Love My Wife - I'm getting a bit tired from all the racist jokes...why can't we all just get along? putting that aside...it was interesting to watch it with a married couple :)

cactusjack
08-11-2007, 11:02 PM
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"
Coolhand Luke is still my all time favorite movie.

N8R
08-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Napolean Dynamite

I had seen it before. I watched it with someone who hadn't. Still a great movie. The best line is: "Your mom goes to College"

bellisimo
08-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Sunshine - a bit monotone and had a more of an artsy feel to it...

Mourning
08-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Sunshine - a bit monotone and had a more of an artsy feel to it...

That's one I still have to see aswell :).

bellisimo
08-14-2007, 05:22 PM
The Lookout - started a little slow but got interesting afterwards...enough things happened and good enough acting to keep you watching. :)

Mourning
08-15-2007, 03:10 PM
The Lookout - started a little slow but got interesting afterwards...enough things happened and good enough acting to keep you watching. :)

That dude in your avatar looks frightenly much like a colleague of mine... and he doesn't even have to be drunk at that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bball
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
That dude in your avatar looks frightenly much like a colleague of mine... and he doesn't even have to be drunk at that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Isn't that Dunleavey?

-Bball

JayRedd
08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Isn't that Dunleavey?

-Bball

Yup. It's chocolate milk.

bellisimo
08-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Isn't that Dunleavey?

-Bball

:ding:

bellisimo
08-16-2007, 07:31 AM
The Simpsons Movie - went in with low expectations - came out with a stomach ache...one joke after another...i think it was because of the crowd that I went with is why I had such a good time...and afterwards everything we did had a connection to the movie...brilliant.

Natston
08-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Road to Perdition

Good movie, but easily forgettable...

MagicRat
08-17-2007, 10:28 PM
High School Musical 2.......:woohoo:

Pig Nash
08-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Superbad. It was amazing. MCLOVIN!

Unclebuck
08-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Road to Perdition

Good movie, but easily forgettable...

That was one of my alltime favorites, top 5. I've seen it 5 or 6 times. In fact I haven't seen it in almost two years, so I need to watch it again.

Mourning
08-18-2007, 01:45 PM
That was one of my alltime favorites, top 5. I've seen it 5 or 6 times. In fact I haven't seen it in almost two years, so I need to watch it again.

Seriously? I thought it was "ok", but nothing superb :).

Unclebuck
08-18-2007, 07:56 PM

Most people didn't really like it that much. But there was something about it that I really liked and I can't explain it. I saw it 4 times in the movie theater - and there are only a couple of other movies I've seen that many times total, let alone in the theater. The plot wasn't all that great - it was somewhat predictable, it wasn't one of Hanks best roles, although he was good as always, Paul Newman was excellent. But I really got into the story, and the music. Certain scenes were breathtaking, and the ending was very emotional for me. And you know the really strange thing I liked it more the second time I saw it, quite a bit more than the first time I saw it.

I hesitate to post this, but my top 5 favorite movies of all time are:

Shawshank Redemption
Road to Perdition
Titanic
Jerry Maquire
Saving Private Ryan

Hicks
08-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Someone else likes Titanic that isn't a Leo fangirl! *faints*

Unclebuck
08-18-2007, 09:02 PM

I usually don't like to admit it, but I loved Titanic. There I said it. I feel liberated.

Moses
08-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Went and saw Superbad yesterday..I thought it was hilarious, but you need a very vulgar sense of humor. Probably one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

Kegboy
08-18-2007, 10:06 PM

Funny, I didn't think Buck was such a big Brad Miller fan.

:cueMagicRat:

Unclebuck
08-18-2007, 10:24 PM

Near, far, where ever you are

MagicRat
08-18-2007, 10:47 PM

I had actually cued myself earlier today to make a NaptownSeth/Rick Carlisle "Never......let........go" picture, but never quite got around to it......

Hicks
08-18-2007, 11:24 PM
I usually don't like to admit it, but I loved Titanic. There I said it. I feel liberated.

:kegboypreachit:

Hicks
08-18-2007, 11:25 PM
I had actually cued myself earlier today to make a NaptownSeth/Rick Carlisle "Never......let........go" picture, but never quite got around to it......

You might want to make a Seth/Jack one while you're at it.

Maybe one with me and Reggie wearing a Celtics #13 jersey, too.

bellisimo
08-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Cry Baby - I have a lovefest for movies taking place in the 50s....sometimes i feel like i was born in the wrong decade...then i realize there would've been no PCs which brings me back to reality...in anycase its a stupid fun musical movie :)

The Matrix - I felt like taking the red pill and go for the ride yet again...after watching the first movie - its hard to watch the other 2...they're just nowhere near the same level...

bellisimo
08-19-2007, 05:21 AM

I thought it was a fairly good movie with high emotional bond between a kid and his father. To me it is one of those great movies that you can just watch once and be alright if you don't see it again...
other examples of movies like that LOTR...

bellisimo
08-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Love Actually - not too high on romantic comedies...but this was a rather well done movie....

The Outsiders - loved the book when I read it back in 7th grade...wanted to take a trip down the memory lane...came off a bit slow this time around...

10 Things I Hate About You - can't say I hated this movie...better than your average teen flick...

Trader Joe
08-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Wild Hogs- It had its moments but overall I thought it was kind of weak.

Sollozzo
08-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Titanic is in my top 3. Spectacular film. Of course, I am obsessed with the whole story of the Titanic.

Hicks
08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
Titanic is in my top 3. Spectacular film. Of course, I am obsessed with the whole story of the Titanic.

Ah yes. This is what happens when we don't converse in a looooooooooooong time. :)

bellisimo
08-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Monsters Inc - the baby was adorable. :)

Office Space - 'nuff said? ;)

Unclebuck
08-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Watched "Get Shorty" today for the 7th or 8th time. Why is it some movies you can watch again and again and it is still good

avoidingtheclowns
08-19-2007, 11:23 PM
a collection from the last month or so...

The Number 23
Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. More interesting if you don't take is seriously as a dramatic thriller per se and more of a psychological case study (i think DisplacedKnick said something similar a while back). The ending, regardless of how you look at it, is an unholy mess. (C-)

The Contract
Terrible, terrible film. I hope Cusack and Freeman were as embarrassed as I was while watching it. (D-)

Reno 911!: Miami
Should have left it on the small screen. A very uneven movie with about 25 minutes of funny stretched into about 80. Paul Rudd and Patton Oswalt were the most enjoyable parts. (C)

The Simpsons Movie
I went in with mixed feelings about it. I stopped watching the Simpsons a number of years ago (approx. seven). And for those reasons I was apprehensive about what the movie would be like. Luckily there was enough of the old to remind me what I loved about the show. Certainly it was mixed with the more slapstick elements of the recent years... though the first 20 minutes or so is great. Overall was a pleasant movie going experience and one of the few TV to big screen moves that hasn't been a waste of time. (B+)

Zodiac
My expectations were met. An enjoyable, creepy thriller. It starts off fairly common police investigative film and gets choppier near the end but I think that is intentional from Fincher to enhance the lack of resolution by Zodiac not being captured. Nice performances - I'm a sucker for Robert Downey Jr. (A-)

Mr. Brooks
Very much like "23" from above... another film that you can't take too seriously, is a study of psychology and has a mess of an ending (though brooks is more tidy). Ultimately though, Brooks was worse for several reasons: A) dane cook, B) the odd plot loaded with multiple serial killers C) everybody but william hurt is taking themselves too seriously for the movie to work and D) dane cook. (D+)

Superbad
Quite raunchy but as is expected with apatow and relate works, that crude humor is witty and twisted with sincerity and a love story. If you liked 40 Year Old Virgin and/or Knocked Up, you'll enjoy this. If you didn't get or like the aforementioned, don't bother. (A-)

EDIT: forgot one...

Seraphim Falls
A really enjoyable western until the ending. It should have ended about 15 minutes or so earlier. It really tries way too hard and drags on and on near the end. But the first 75% of the movie was a very enjoyable story of revenge and both the performances from Neeson and Brosnan are quite good. Given the ending, not quite as good as The Proposition from a year or two ago but quite good nonetheless (B+)

Mourning
08-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Watched "Get Shorty" today for the 7th or 8th time. Why is it some movies you can watch again and again and it is still good

I have had that with "American History X", "The Thin Red Line", "Warriors", "Aliens" and "The Silence of the Lambs" ... it's like I see new little details (to me) everytime I see one of these again :).

Natston
08-20-2007, 02:56 AM
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I really enjoyed the movie, truly underrated... It was nice.

About Schmidt

It didn't quite reach my expectations but Jack Nicholson played the role perfectly and I loved the voice-overs...

Apocalypse Now Redux

It was alright, I should have started with the original and then watched Redux.

Babel
I thought it was much better than Crash, and that's all I have to say about that...

Mourning
08-20-2007, 04:30 AM

:amen: Definitely a nice movie. Loved the storylines and the usage of time, emotions and humor.

Babel
I thought it was much better than Crash, and that's all I have to say about that...

We will have to aggree to disaggree on that one. I thought "Babel" was definitely above average, but I loved "Crash"... just as I loved "Traffic" and "Syriana" :).

Regards,

DisplacedKnick
08-20-2007, 08:08 AM
I finally broke down and bought the complete LOTR dvd collection.

After watching it I am again reminded of how, for Tolkien fans, the first 2 were quite good and how "Return of the King" so substantially - and needlessly IMO - deviated from the book.

It was almost as if the writers said, "OK - we know the hardcore Tolkien folks will come to the 3rd film anyway, now we can screw with the story as much as we want - we can have Frodo cast Sam away, make Denethor a petulant fool rather than a tragic figure, eliminate the Cleansing of the Shire, ignore Saruman entirely and totally change the Faramir-Frodo exchange, as well as the role of the Army of the Dead, until it doesn't resemble the book at all."

Any single one of those would be forgivable - as was Arwen's rescuing Frodo in Fellowship or Aragorn leading the defense of Helm's Deep in Towers. Taken together the final movie remains a disappointment - though I'm sure for those who weren't deeply captured by the books it was still very good.

Gyron
08-20-2007, 09:01 AM
The American president-Watched this several times, still a decent movie.

Dave-Again, have seen it several times, but it was still a good movie.

High School Musical 1-Not a bad movie for what teen movies are. I have High school musical 2 dvr'ed and will watch it sometime this week.

JayRedd
08-20-2007, 10:47 AM
We will have to aggree to disaggree on that one. I thought "Babel" was definitely above average, but I loved "Crash"... just as I loved "Traffic" and "Syriana" :).

I preferred Babel to Crash as well. Crash was pretty okay, but too much felt contrived and just smashing you over the head with the multi-ethnic hammer metaphors. I really didn't care about any of the stories except for the Mexican locksmith and his daughter, which was excellent.

Ironically, the Mexican tale in Babel I thought was pretty dull and unnecessary, but all the others were well done.

cramerica
08-20-2007, 11:28 AM
The American president-Watched this several times, still a decent movie.

Dave-Again, have seen it several times, but it was still a good movie.

High School Musical 1-Not a bad movie for what teen movies are. I have High school musical 2 dvr'ed and will watch it sometime this week.

The American President and Dave are both good movies.

When I heard the High School Musical 2 was coming out, I thought to myself...when did High School Musical 1 come out? I seriously had never heard of this but was baffled how it was such a fan favorite and I had never heard of it.

Babel over Crash here too btw.

cramerica
08-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Passenger 57 - Very good action movie IMO. The bad guy is a classic bad guy. Elizabeth Hurley is a villian in the movie and I didn't know that until I just watched it again.

21 Grams - A movie I had never seen nor heard of. Sean Penn and Naomi Watts have one steamy sex scene in this movie...more than I ever thought Naomi Watts would do. But I thoughourly enjoyed it and it had kind of the "Babel"/"Crash"/"Traffic" way of mixing different stories but they all are tied into each other some how.

bellisimo
08-20-2007, 01:31 PM

Maybe I wasn't in the mood - but its one of those rare movies that I just turned off after about 15 minutes into it and not really cared too much. Kate Winslet reminded me of some clingy chicks I knew a while back...maybe that was the reason...

bellisimo
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM

movies I can watch over and over without any boredom:

Gladiator
Braveheart
The Professional aka Leon
EuroTrip

JayRedd
08-20-2007, 01:43 PM
21 Grams - A movie I had never seen nor heard of. Sean Penn and Naomi Watts have one steamy sex scene in this movie...more than I ever thought Naomi Watts would do. But I thoughourly enjoyed it and it had kind of the "Babel"/"Crash"/"Traffic" way of mixing different stories but they all are tied into each other some how.

Same director as Babel actually...Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.

Most people I've talked to either like 21 Grams a lot or don't at all. If you liked it, he has another one similar in style called Amores Perros that I also thought was really good.

Gyron
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
The American President and Dave are both good movies.

When I heard the High School Musical 2 was coming out, I thought to myself...when did High School Musical 1 come out? I seriously had never heard of this but was baffled how it was such a fan favorite and I had never heard of it.

Babel over Crash here too btw.

I just watched High School Musical 1 the other night not realizing how big this movie was as a phenom. I thought I'd check it out. IT haad some catchy tunes in it. As for as teen mvoies go, its not the worst thing I've ever watched.

And then they have been advertising the crap out of the HSM2 so I DvR'ed it just to see. Its something I can sit and watch with my 11 month old son there and still be mildly entertained. They did say this morning that the inital showing on the disney channel Thursday night set a cable television record. 17 Million + viewers and MANY more DVR/TIVOed it as well. And they said the sing along version of it played Sunday drew close to as many viewers as well.

DisplacedKnick
08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
21 Grams - A movie I had never seen nor heard of. Sean Penn and Naomi Watts have one steamy sex scene in this movie...more than I ever thought Naomi Watts would do.

Uh, you need to rent Mulholland Drive.

I don't think I'd call Naomi a prude. Not unless you'd call Angelina Jolie one too.

bellisimo
08-20-2007, 04:06 PM
The Usual Suspects - great movie - seen it for the umpteenth time.

Bad Boys 2 - Seen it for the second time...first one is better...Mike Bay needs to do something about his shaky camera...

Snatch - Makes me want a new Guy Ritchie movie. :)

JayRedd
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Amazing.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***...me.

Shade
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
The Simpsons. Very underwhelming.

bellisimo
08-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Amazing.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***...me.

So, you are obviously the big di:censored:. The men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey fa:censored: balls.

Now, di:censored: have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pus:censored:y and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pu:censored:sy, and have brought your two small mincey fa:censored:t balls along for a good old time.

But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pus:censored:y here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a pri:censored:k, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun...

And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"...written down the side of mine...

Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... F:censored: off!

:laugh:

ajbry
08-20-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.ghosts07.dk/comments/nposter.jpg

AMAZING.

Arcadian
08-21-2007, 01:04 AM

What Swept Away didn't do it for you?

Amber: What have you done to me?
Guiseppe: What you needed doing to you. Don't you like it?
Amber: It's okay.

N8R
08-21-2007, 01:18 AM
http://www.ghosts07.dk/comments/nposter.jpg

AMAZING.

Where would one find this movie? Is it rentable?

bellisimo
08-21-2007, 01:40 AM
What Swept Away didn't do it for you?

Amber: What have you done to me?
Guiseppe: What you needed doing to you. Don't you like it?
Amber: It's okay.

that counts as a Madonna flick - meanin' avoid it at all possible costs...

JayRedd
08-21-2007, 11:38 AM
that counts as a Madonna flick - meanin' avoid it at all possible costs...

What, Body of Evidence didn't do it for you?

Gyron
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
What Desperately Seeking Susan didn't do it for you?

LouisvilleLip
08-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Where would one find this movie? Is it rentable?

DvD comes out Nov.20th

or

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=GHOSTS+OF+CITE+SOLEIL

bellisimo
08-22-2007, 10:50 AM
What, Body of Evidence didn't do it for you?

What, was it supposed to?

Natston
08-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Disturbia

I really liked the movie until the cliches started...

Friday Night Lights

Disappointed to say the least. I enjoyed the documentary more than the movie itself...

A Scanner Darkly

It honestly bored the crap out of me, and the animation got stale after the first 20 minutes or so...

LouisvilleLip
08-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Wow I just watched one of the better movies I have seen in a while. Its english title is called Memories of Murder. Its a true story from 1986 about these two detectives investigating the first serial killer in Korea. Zodiac was good but this is 10x better. http://imdb.com/title/tt0353969/

http://filmbrain.typepad.com/filmbrain/memories_of_murder.jpg

Unclebuck
08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Friday Night Lights

Disappointed to say the least. I enjoyed the documentary more than the movie itself...

Have you ever watched the TV show. It is much better than the movie

Natston
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM

No I haven't, and the movie didn't kill my interest in it...

LouisvilleLip
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM

Unclebuck you have to watch the movie I posted, I know you liked Zodiac you will love this movie.

Unclebuck
08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Unclebuck you have to watch the movie I posted, I know you liked Zodiac you will love this movie.

I haven't seen that movie, but on your recommendation I will rent it. Will Blockbuster have it? How did you watch it

LouisvilleLip
08-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I haven't seen that movie, but on your recommendation I will rent it. Will Blockbuster have it? How did you watch it

It wouldn't hurt to try but I'm guessing not. Ebay always has people that sell Korean films cheap, they also have it on Amazon but its 20 bucks. Indianapolis needs a china town.

SycamoreKen
08-26-2007, 09:31 PM
We went and saw Hairspray yesterday. I liked it much more than I thought I would. While the race tension was a little watered down, it di get across just how different life was at that time. The music was good, the acting better, and just a pleasant way to spend 2 hours.

I thought Christopher Walkin sp. stole the show. After seeing this movie, he would have been a perfect choice to replace Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.

N8R
08-27-2007, 12:53 AM
DvD comes out Nov.20th

Thanks man. I will be looking in the Rental stores. I would use your show spoiler but my internet doesnt allow those. Way too Slow

Last movie I watched was part of Karate Kid on TV
Also part of Bad Boys II on TV aswell

I hate only seeing parts of movies.

Natston
08-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Blood Diamond

DiCaprio was excellent as was the movie.

avoidingtheclowns
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Blood Diamond

DiCaprio was excellent as was the movie.

so was djimon hounsou

Natston
08-27-2007, 10:37 AM
so was djimon hounsou

I knew I was forgetting something... :blush:

Hicks
08-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I need to watch Blood Diamond again. I liked it so much in theaters that I bought the DVD, but it rests unused so far.

Stryder
08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Finally watched "The Departed".

Excellent movie. I loved the characters played by DiCaprio and Wahlberg. I loved this movie.

George Foreman
08-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Just watched Hoosiers for like the millionth time!! I don't think I'll ever get tired of that movie!!

sweabs
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Watched Hoosiers and Hot Fuzz.

Believe it or not, it was my first time watching Hoosiers, and I really enjoyed it.

Hot Fuzz was pretty funny.

bellisimo
08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Gettin' It - I didn't get it - a few laughs here and there...but nothing special...

N8R
08-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Back to the Future Part II

Such a great movie. I have seen all three a bunch of times but the gf hadnt seen this one yet.

pwee31
08-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Turists- f-ing terrible

ATHF the movie. Random, but funny. If you truly like Aqua Teen, you'll probably like the movie

sweabs
08-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Disturbia.

I didn't expect much from this movie going into it, but it pleasantly surprised me.

Los Angeles
08-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Snakes on a Plane.

Turned it off half way through.

Isaac
08-31-2007, 02:21 AM
ATHF the movie. Random, but funny. If you truly like Aqua Teen, you'll probably like the movie

Interesting. I'm a big aqua teen fan, but I didn't think it translated to the big screen at all, was really disappointed in it. My other friend who likes it thought the same thing, but the people I was with that had never watched the show liked the movie.

dannyboy
08-31-2007, 02:48 AM
Deja Vu
Uncle Buck
Black Snake Moan
Who Killed The Electric Car?

DisplacedKnick
08-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Snakes on a Plane.

You didn't make a huge mistake and watch it sober did you?

Unclebuck
08-31-2007, 07:55 AM
Uncle Buck

nice

bellisimo
08-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Snakes on a Plane.

but you missed out on the infamous line!!!

JayRedd
08-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Blood Diamond was incredible.

Shade
08-31-2007, 10:49 AM
but you missed out on the infamous line!!!

Which is the only reason to see it in the first place.

Shame on you for expecting something out a movie titled Snakes on a Plane, LA. :-p

Shade
08-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Btw, I'm going to see Halloween tonight. Can't wait. :D

Stryder
08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Snakes on a Plane.

What did you expect?

It was a movie about a plane...

That had snakes on it...

And they were let loose...

All while on an airplane...

And it had Sam Jackson in it...

And it had snakes...

On a plane!

Stryder
08-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Btw, I'm going to see Halloween tonight. Can't wait. :D

Let us know how it is. I really want to see Zombie's version of it. I loved House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

Naptown_Seth
08-31-2007, 04:19 PM
I need to watch Blood Diamond again. I liked it so much in theaters that I bought the DVD, but it rests unused so far.
Is your need to watch DVD list at 100+? If not then don't feel bad. :o

I don't tell the wife the list is that long, otherwise I wouldn't be able to buy more.

Halloween - early reviews I saw suggest it's just a ramped up gorefest version of the classic, despite his claims to be sticking to the original tension/tone. I appreciate some of what RZ is trying to do but I'm not sure if he's dialed it in just yet. I guess we'll see for ourselves on this one. I did like the casting of Malcom McDowell.

I saw Stardust the other day - great. Like Princess Bride but not really as geared toward silly humor, little more on the adventure side of it. Still some pretty funny parts however.

Simpsons underwhelmed me. It was fine for a matinee but it wasn't the knockout I'd hoped for.

Snakes on a Plane wasn't as far off as I would have expected. Maybe tone down the CGI and the total snake count, knock off the sillier snake fights, and you've got a pretty fun thriller. Almost a great film...but where it missed it missed pretty badly. Shame to waste a great popcorn high concept idea like that.

Just shows that some directors shouldn't be allowed near the computer geeks at all. If you can't do it in camera then maybe you shouldn't be doing it at all.

If you liked The Departed but haven't seen the original (Infernal Affairs) yet you should really check it out. It's a bit more like an 80's flick in direction and music, but the plot is even tighter and more tense. When I saw it the first words out of my mouth was "someone MUST make a US version of this just so more people can see this story in action, it's too good to miss so many audiences".

Naptown_Seth
08-31-2007, 04:36 PM
You might want to make a Seth/Jack one while you're at it.

Maybe one with me and Reggie wearing a Celtics #13 jersey, too.
Jesus, the pile on takes off while I'm elsewhere.

On the Jack thing, I think the rules stipulate a 1 year grace period on all outrage over bad team moves. I mean Peck is in his 8th renewal on the Dale trade isn't he? At least let me get through my first one, by next August I promise the end to all serious Jack or Rick rants (even though they will remain justified ;) ).

Titanic is by James Cameron. It features the highly talented Kate Winslet...oh and she gets semi-nude. It features the outstanding Leo DiCaprio, perhaps the best young actor working today (Basketball Diaries, Departed, Blood Diamond, Aviator, Catch Me...). It is an amazing story of how hundreds of people were killed in a massive sea disaster. The CGI work is excellent. Heck, throw in the likeable Billy Zane as the villian.

I question the validity of any man who says they like film but doesn't like Titanic. I assume they think Lawrence of Arabia, Vertigo and Raiders of the Lost Ark also suck.

It's the regulations. If we were in Germany then I could let it go, but we're in Italy so I can't.

or does this require a total thread derail with...

"Hold it, hold it, are you trying to trick me? Is this a kissing movie?"

Naptown_Seth
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Snatch is great, though I do prefer Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels more. I like how the plot for that comes back around more. I think the appeal of Snatch is partially centered around Pitt as the pikey, which is admittedly a lot of fun.

Anyway after Madonna I fear we may have lost him for good.

Most people I've talked to either like 21 Grams a lot or don't at all. If you liked it, he has another one similar in style called Amores Perros that I also thought was really good.Great film, tough call between 21 and Amores, but be warned about dog fighting plot aspects in AP. It's not supporting the activity but it does display it. Kinda sensitive issue right now.

QFT on the "if you thought 21 Grams was hot, you are going to implode when you see Muholland Dr" sentiment. :D

Arcadian
08-31-2007, 05:55 PM
My God. Did some one throw in a work of David Lean's along with Spielberg and Cameron's?

Shade
08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Okay, just got back from Halloween.

It was pretty good. Doesn't hold a candle to the original, though.

There were some things I really liked, such as delving into Michael's backstory and making the adult Michael a hard-core, stone-cold badass.

Things I didn't care for, however, were how Michael stood out in plain view so many times with nobody ever seeing him. I also didn't like the ending at all.

I do love one thing about going to see horror flicks in the theater; n00bs who jump at every little thing. I laugh my *** off every time, and there were some good ones in this audience. I've gotten to the point where I can pinpoint exactly when and where the scares are going to come. I even muttered "boo" less than a second before one of them in the film.

Overall, I'd give it about a 7.5/10.

sweabs
09-01-2007, 12:21 AM

Wasn't that impressed.

Natston
09-01-2007, 05:38 AM

Wasn't that impressed.

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one... :dance:

DisplacedKnick
09-01-2007, 09:17 AM
QFT on the "if you thought 21 Grams was hot, you are going to implode when you see Muholland Dr" sentiment. :D

I was going out with the coolest girl in the world at the time. In some ways anyway - in others she was 100% crazy and I finally couldn't take it.

She decided to make me dinner one night and puts the tape in the VCR with a, "Watch this while I cook - I think you'll like it."

OK - so I'm watching for maybe 45 minutes and can't figure out what's so special - mention that to her. "Just wait."

Another 15 minutes, same thing - "You're sure impatient, just wait."

About 15 minutes later and my eyes are bugging out of my head.

Coolest girl in the world - and someone destined for a short, very interesting life.

dannyboy
09-01-2007, 11:37 AM
nice
Classic American cinema.

I laughed. I cried. It became a part of me.

indypacerfan54
09-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Halloween, it was a well done remake, i really enjoyed the back story. I have really liked all of Robs films so far with Rejects as my my favorite. In fact Rejects is one of my top ten films.

JayRedd
09-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Finally saw The Simpsons last night. Obviously it was pretty good, but the last half-hour was pretty "meh". First hour was classic Simpsons gags coming at a pretty good, laugh-out-loud pace, but pretty much once they got to Alaska, it moved to that boring, let's-actually-finish-this-plot-we've-been-working-on part. There's genearally that part in every episode too, but since it's only about 7 minutes per episode it's not so noticably boring as when you make it four times longer.

But basically, the flick is just an extended episode. No more, no less. If you like The Simpsons, you'll enjoy it. If you're looking for earth-shattering piece of history, you'll be disappointed.

What I thought was interesting was that Halloween was opening last night while I was there. Is there a reason they didn't just wait two months and open it during late October? Seems really odd to release it in August. I could maybe see them doing it in February or something cause it was done and they wanted to just get it out...but so close to October you'd think they'd just hold off a few weeks. Weird.

N8R
09-02-2007, 02:38 AM
The Butterfly Effect

Still like this movie a lot. I have it on DVD but I watched in on Late night TV cause the DVD is messed up and has been since i bought it. Such a **** off. Anyways I noticed that Sam Easton is in the movie. He plays the Pledge that gets yelled at. Not that that name should mean anything to anyone but I saw him do standup at Yuk-Yuks in London and he was Amazing. I just thought it was funny to see him in a movie that I have seen before but I actually figured it out that he was that guy pretty quickly. Just proud of myself.

bellisimo
09-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Disturbia - for some reason i thought it was a horror flick - wondering when the horror will kick in - it never did but an alright movie overall...a bit predictable as all movies...

Are We Done Yet? crappy acting mixed with same ol' family values shoved down our throat made me quote the title of the movie...

Cashback - its a British flick - some might say it goes at a slow pace yet the movie wasn't boring...a bit artsy I guess...would be worth a watch...

N8R
09-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Blades of Glory - Not very impressed by this one. Your typical Will Ferrel movie but he skates.

JayRedd
09-03-2007, 05:42 PM

This bears repeating again.

Hicks
09-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Halloween (2007).

I thought it was well done, and the back-story was interesting.

Not really scary, but once you've seen X # of "scary movies" and reach a certain age, what seriously will?

avoidingtheclowns
09-03-2007, 11:28 PM
The Brave Little Toaster scares the **** out of me to this day...

two movies i watched this weekend: The Battleship Potemkin and Metropolis. both are visually stunning, especially considering some of the special FX... which while obviously on the surface seem fairly neolithic but
for being made in the 20s are quite remarkable.

next up is another fritz lang film M

DrBadd01
09-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Finally watched "The Departed".

Excellent movie. I loved the characters played by DiCaprio and Wahlberg. I loved this movie.

If you liked "The Departed" you would REALLY like the film it was based off of. "Internal Affairs" is great.

oh and I just watch Layer Cake for the 15,000,000 time. It is my favorite film currently, and one of the best British mob movies ever.

bellisimo
09-04-2007, 07:10 AM
The Goodfellas - :D :D :D

sweabs
09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Shaun of the Dead: I thought it was funny at times. I preferred Hot Fuzz.

Goodfellas: My first time watching the film. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

bellisimo
09-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Shaun of the Dead: I thought it was funny at times. I preferred Hot Fuzz.

Goodfellas: My first time watching the film. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

indeed - its been so long since i've seen it - felt like i've watched it the first time as well...interesting to see how most of the Sopranos cast was in this movie in some small roles...:D

bellisimo
09-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Redline - such a craptastic movie - fast cars that don't look like they're going fast....please don't watch it - i regret seeing it. :(

N8R
09-05-2007, 06:19 PM
hey rcarey make sure you burn Hot fuzz onto a DVD. Doesnt need to be in video format ie just an .avi format DVD with a few movies on it is cool. I will bring you a DVD to replace the one given to me if that is cool.

JayRedd
09-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Red Eye. Not bad.

Shade
09-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Is there any chance that Resident Evil: Extinction won't suck? In the previews it looks on par with Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, both in terms of the ridiculously over-the-top martial arts (which were never in the game, btw) and poor special effects. :shudder:

Suaveness
09-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Saw superbad again. So damn funny.

And saw Hot fuzz. Very funny.

sweabs
09-06-2007, 01:50 AM
American History X: I really enjoyed this one. Sad film with an interesting message.

The Prestige: Wow. Brilliant plot. Started out slow, but after a while I couldn't look away. What a great movie.