PDA

View Full Version : Celtics-Nets scuffle

rock747
11-28-2012, 09:50 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SxoC4sSAews" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DA1yJahptt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like Rondo will be getting a multiple game suspension here...

eric1516
11-28-2012, 09:57 PM
So I take it we are even more happy that we didn't get Rondo in that trade that was rumored a while ago? Seems like he overreacted big time. It didn't look Humphries was trying too hard to push KG down.

The Sleeze
11-28-2012, 10:00 PM
That was a complete FLOP by KG. I love how the announcer keeps talking about Humphries hitting him in the face and pushing him down, when neither of those things happened.

idioteque
11-28-2012, 10:03 PM
I would have loved to see Rondo try that with David West. Little boy would be on the ground crying afterward.

The Sleeze
11-28-2012, 10:05 PM
I would have loved to see Rondo try that with David West. Little boy would be on the ground crying afterward.

Do bloody pulps cry?

Dr. Awesome
11-28-2012, 10:17 PM
So I take it we are even more happy that we didn't get Rondo in that trade that was rumored a while ago? Seems like he overreacted big time. It didn't look Humphries was trying too hard to push KG down.

Not sure why you'd think that. I'd gladly take him on our team, you kidding?

Dude is a beast.

Hicks
11-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Lol at Boston fans booing in disapproval after they announce Rondo's ejection. Yeah, guys, he clearly deserved it. Don't sound so surprised.

eric1516
11-28-2012, 10:20 PM

Dude is a beast.

No doubt he is a great PG. He had a great streak of games with at least ten assists per game. I just meant strictly from the point of his attitude. This isn't the first time he's shown poor character judgement.

rock747
11-28-2012, 10:22 PM
In the 2nd Video around the 1:30 mark: I love Gerald Wallace's expression after he hears he had been given a technical and is ejected as well. Guess he didn't see that one coming... haha

TheDon
11-28-2012, 10:24 PM
:girlfight

Dr. Awesome
11-28-2012, 10:28 PM
No doubt he is a great PG. He had a great streak of games with at least ten assists per game. I just meant strictly from the point of his attitude. This isn't the first time he's shown poor character judgement.

I agree, however I'd put this more on Garnett and even Humphries.

Rondo was trying to get his teammates back(who flopped and made it look worse) then Humphries really took the shove to the next level. Rondo was definitely not in the right, but if a Pacers player had done the same thing, we'd all have his back on it.

eric1516
11-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I agree, however I'd put this more on Garnett and even Humphries.

Rondo was trying to get his teammates back(who flopped and made it look worse) then Humphries really took the shove to the next level. Rondo was definitely not in the right, but if a Pacers player had done the same thing, we'd all have his back on it.

That's a good point. Given that Rondo was reacting to more to what he saw from KG rather than Humphries "push" that makes a lot more sense.

vnzla81
11-28-2012, 10:49 PM

Dude is a beast.

You are forgetting two of the must loved words in PD and that people around here overvalue by a lot....... "team chemistry".

SycamoreKen
11-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Idiotic reaction by Rondo there. It would be funny if KG got a call from the league office about flopping and starting the whole thing.

kester99
11-28-2012, 11:05 PM
You can see Hump pushing KG off balance just enough to tilt him while he was coming down.

Hump's left hand, KG's right shoulder. FWIW.

odeez
11-28-2012, 11:09 PM
That was a complete FLOP by KG. I love how the announcer keeps talking about Humphries hitting him in the face and pushing him down, when neither of those things happened.

SO true, thank you pointing that out!

vnzla81
11-28-2012, 11:09 PM
You can see Hump pushing KG off balance just enough to tilt him while he was coming down.

Hump's left hand, KG's right shoulder. FWIW.

Yep and is not like KG is such a big guy.

PR07
11-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Rondo has done his fair share of stupid things, this isn't one of them. I have no problem with him sticking up for a teammate, and it's not like he went in there recklessly with fists throwing. It was more a get up in Humphries face type of deal.

Heck, it would've been nice to see any one of our guys show that last year when Stephenson got closelined by that large Heat turd in the playoffs (whose name escapes me and isn't worth looking up).

PacersandIU
11-28-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't know why, but every time I watch a video of a new "brawl" I always walk away disappointed... my expectations are just so disproportionate to what I end up seeing.

rel
11-28-2012, 11:43 PM
I love Rondo, but what was the point of that? Looking at Hump, you can tell he's like, "dude, why are we fighting?"...

rel
11-28-2012, 11:45 PM
I don't know why, but every time I watch a video of a new "brawl" I always walk away disappointed... my expectations are just so disproportionate to what I end up seeing.

I think it's pretty safe to say, Pacers fans have become pretty jaded when it comes to that word...

rock747
11-29-2012, 01:01 AM

That is one thing I believe the Pacers will always hold the title of... no one will top that brawl...

rabid
11-29-2012, 01:21 AM

Been meaning to ask you this for a while but what is the deal with your avatar?

TheDon
11-29-2012, 02:09 AM
Been meaning to ask you this for a while but what is the deal with your avatar?

all your questions will be answered in this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HGwIFJneeY :)

Pacemaker
11-29-2012, 03:20 AM
Can't KG defend himself? NOT!

Johanvil
11-29-2012, 04:40 AM

It's the Celtics' announcers.Honestly,what did you expect?And no,I'm not speaking about colour commentary,I'm talking specifically about those two individuals and even more specifically about Tom Heinsohn,that vile man who makes you wanting to punch him every time you listen to him.

Pacergeek
11-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Rondo desperately wants street cred. He failed gaining any. He should have thrown a punch instead of a harmless shove

Mac_Daddy
11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Rondo desperately wants street cred. He failed gaining any. He should have thrown a punch instead of a harmless shove

I wasn't aware he needed any.

pacers74
11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Rondo should get a multiple game supension for that. Humphries fouled Garnett, but it wasn't even a hard foul. He hit him in the shoulder, and not even that hard. What a joke. Rondo totally over-reacted and caused the "Brawl" to end up in the stands. He might be a top 5 PG, but they can keep him.

pacers74
11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm also glad we don't have jack hole announcers like the celtics.

TheDon
11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm also glad we don't have jack hole announcers like the celtics.

there really is something grating/annoying about those new england accents that really make ya just wanna punch them in the face.

oz_pacer
11-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Rondo has done his fair share of stupid things, this isn't one of them. I have no problem with him sticking up for a teammate, and it's not like he went in there recklessly with fists throwing. It was more a get up in Humphries face type of deal.

Heck, it would've been nice to see any one of our guys show that last year when Stephenson got closelined by that large Heat turd in the playoffs (whose name escapes me and isn't worth looking up).

Dexter Pittman?

Cousy47
11-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Had a Coach in HS that always told us, "Don't react to a hard foul, ever. They have to come back to our end of the court, get even"!

Pingu
11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Scuffle in a tea cup.

Basketball Fan
11-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Rondo should get a multiple game supension for that. Humphries fouled Garnett, but it wasn't even a hard foul. He hit him in the shoulder, and not even that hard. What a joke. Rondo totally over-reacted and caused the "Brawl" to end up in the stands. He might be a top 5 PG, but they can keep him.

ESPN says he's suspended for 2 games.

ReginaldWayne
11-29-2012, 08:18 PM
You are forgetting two of the must loved words in PD and that people around here overvalue by a lot....... "team chemistry".
Have you ever played organized basketball?