PDA

View Full Version : A great sign....

Peck
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
http://instagram.com/p/SgNlotl5b4/

No crutch, in shorts, holding a basketball.

The countdown is on.....:dance:

Strummer
11-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Um, that wall is a pretty good crutch. He might have just had the ball boy run the crutches out of view for the photo. :)

MillerTime
11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Thank god...We need him back badly

Naptown_Seth
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
I believe he's continued to work out in whatever capacity he can. Leaning against the wall in shorts doesn't change his timing. To me this is what 3 months looks like. It's not like he's in a body cast till gameday and then he just Hulks his way out of the cast and starts playing.

;)

In other words, cool your jets a little, this means nothing.

Goyle
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I believe he's continued to work out in whatever capacity he can. Leaning against the wall in shorts doesn't change his timing. To me this is what 3 months looks like. It's not like he's in a body cast till gameday and then he just Hulks his way out of the cast and starts playing.

;)

At the very least, he hasn't had a set back. A tweet I saw earlier mentioned he was walking without a limp and appeared to have worked out. I really hope we don't rush him back, though.

Heisenberg
11-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Quick, trade him!

Diamond Dave
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Danny is tough. I knew that before today and I'll know that tomorrow. Perhaps evenly more importantly, he is a competitor. No accusations of playing too relaxed will ever go his way. Danny is one of my all time favorite NBA players. I just hope that it is physically possible to return to usual self. But if he can't I know it definitely won't be because he isn't trying hard enough.

Heisenberg
11-26-2012, 04:27 PM
http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/994970c437f911e2842d22000a1f9ada_7.jpg

Guess it shouldn't be surprising that Augustin also practices nonchalantly

Will Galen
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I would like to know what Frank is saying to Danny! It looks like what ever he said, Danny looks, "What? Are you serious?"

Sandman21
11-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Thats not Frank.... That's Josh Corbeil the trainer... :)

Hicks
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
It's not like he's in a body cast till gameday and then he just Hulks his way out of the cast and starts playing.

No, but that's what he needs to stage during his first home pre-game introduction whenever he does return.

Peck
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM

;)

Killjoy

I know who will be staring as Scrooge in this years version of the christmas carrol

Heisenberg
11-26-2012, 06:13 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20121126/SPORTS04/121126031/Pacers-Granger-attends-practice-without-crutches?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Indianapolis%20S ports&nclick_check=1

Granger gave his Pacers teammates a bit of an emotional lift before they boarded a plane for the West Coast. He came to Monday’s practice without crutches for the first time since receiving an injection to aid the recovery of his knee.

Granger did not speak to the media, but Hill said the sign of progress was speaks volumes. “It’s “very encouraging. I’m thankful that he’s recovering well.”

Vogel tried to temper expectations. The timetable for Granger’s return hasn't changed.

“He’s still a long ways away,” Vogel said. “That’s a lifetime for me.”

vnzla81
11-26-2012, 06:43 PM
http://blogs.pacers.com/danny-granger-ditches-crutches/

Danny Granger Ditches Crutches
Pacers forward Danny Granger was without crutches for the first time Monday as the team prepared for a week-long road trip out west. He has been on crutches ever since he re-joined the team last week.
Granger received an injection from Dr. James Andrews almost three weeks ago (Nov. 6) in his left knee to treat patellar tendinosis and is expected to be out until February. He injured the knee during the playoffs last season.
Granger played in the final two preseason games but was still bothered by the pain. Thatís when he sought out other opinions and opted for the injection.
Coach Vogel likes the progress heís seen but recognizes itís just a small step in the right direction.
ďHeís still a long ways away so it doesnít really change how Iím thinking,Ē Vogel said of Granger. Iím focusing on the guys we have here and Iíll be very excited for when he gets back.Ē
Granger declined to speak with the media.

AesopRockOn
11-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Guess it shouldn't be surprising that Augustin also practices nonchalantly

Pretty sure he and Shaw are judging a dance contest between Plumlee and the Hansbrothers.

beast23
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
http://instagram.com/p/SgNlotl5b4/

No crutch, in shorts, holding a basketball.

The countdown is on.....:dance:
Why didn't you provide the story that went with the picture?

"Now, Danny, the game is called basketball. It is played with a big brown ball, that not so incidentally, happens to be called a basketball. The object of the game is to score the basketball by causing it to pass in a downward motion through that orange circular thing attached to that large piece of glass above us. Is this too much information for your first day, or shall I continue?"

Bball
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Killjoy

I know who will be staring as Scrooge in this years version of the christmas carrol

I don't know about Scrooge but the roles of Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future will all be played by Donnie Walsh...

LetsTalkPacers84
11-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Quick, trade him!
:laugh:

pwee31
11-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Danny Granger looks a lot like IU Frosh Jeremy Hollowell in that picture/view

Will Galen
11-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Thats not Frank.... That's Josh Corbeil the trainer... :)

Ha!Ha! I noticed a difference, but I thought Frank just needed a shave!

kielbeze
11-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Since he isn't going on the trip I wonder if he wants to go bowling?

naptownmenace
11-27-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that didn't think that was Danny in the picture. It doesn't really look like him at all.

Naptown_Seth
11-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Danny is tough. I knew that before today and I'll know that tomorrow. Perhaps evenly more importantly, he is a competitor. No accusations of playing too relaxed will ever go his way. Danny is one of my all time favorite NBA players. I just hope that it is physically possible to return to usual self. But if he can't I know it definitely won't be because he isn't trying hard enough.
Knocks teeth out, goes to locker room, staff takes so long cleaning up teeth pieces that the time out extends long enough that Danny comes back out of the locker room and is ready to play when the game is resumed. And this at the beginning of his new contract.

Danny put toughness and prima donna to rest that night for sure.

I really like this group of players which is why I'm not in blow it up mode or even that upset. It's frustrating to see Roy hitting an all-time low but he'll get out of that and Danny will return and they'll start getting back to consistently good basketball.

To me we see signs of this sputtering to life already. Young gets a couple of good games in, Roy is showing defensive confidence, George rips off a ton of 3s, Green has had many solid games, and even DJ and Mahinmi are starting to find their way a bit. It's not starting up quick and clean, but I think once it gets back up and running this thing will be good to go the rest of the way.

No, but that's what he needs to stage during his first home pre-game introduction whenever he does return.
Corny...but kinda bad a** too. :D

Seriously it would be cool if they pulled a "Scotty" and misled the fans about his return so that all of the sudden he's introduced last and comes out of the tunnel. People would eat it up.

kielbeze
11-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I think danny needs to pull a willy wonka and hobble out with a crutch then roll and jump up!

PacerDude
11-27-2012, 01:48 PM
I think danny needs to pull a willy wonka and hobble out with a crutch then roll and jump up!

You meant Paul Pierce and a wheelchair - didn't you ??

Trader Joe
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Danny can roll himself, walk himself, cart wheel himself back on to the court, just as long as he gets back on the court. This team would not be one of the best teams in the NBA right now with him, but the record would be a lot better and we would be starting from a higher point than where we are now. So just get well soon.