PDA

View Full Version : LP Broadband question

McKeyFan
11-23-2012, 04:27 PM
What time will I be able to watch the archived Spurs-Pacers game tonight?

By halftime? Not until 11 pm or 1 am or something? Not until the next day? Anybody know how it works?

able
11-23-2012, 04:43 PM
u an start watching the game anytime after tip-off, it will always start at the beginning, unles u tell it to go live

jbx225
11-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I believe that If it's not on nationally and not blacked out, you can watch it anytime from the moment it has started and it is immediately available once the game is finished.

I've gotten home just after a game ending and it allowed me to start watching it from the beginning. If any part of the game is still airing, it will pickup at the point the broadcast is on but if it is over it will just start at the beginning.

If its blacked out, I'm not sure. Early this year, the Charlotte game was blacked out and I watched it the next day at 8:00 in the morning (the wife was not thrilled).

Just curious, being in Chattanooga, do you have all games against Charlotte, Memphis and Atlanta blacked out... In Knoxville they are which I found pretty irritating. I can understand Memphis because it is our states NBA team (though most people won't claim them) and I kind of understand Atlanta but Charlotte is pretty far away to black I out in Knoxville.

jbx225
11-23-2012, 04:45 PM
As a note to my comment... I don't watch it on a computer, I watch it through my Apple TV so I am assuming that the same rules would apply across all League Pass Broadband options.

McKeyFan
11-23-2012, 05:07 PM
I believe that If it's not on nationally and not blacked out, you can watch it anytime from the moment it has started and it is immediately available once the game is finished.

I've gotten home just after a game ending and it allowed me to start watching it from the beginning. If any part of the game is still airing, it will pickup at the point the broadcast is on but if it is over it will just start at the beginning.

If its blacked out, I'm not sure. Early this year, the Charlotte game was blacked out and I watched it the next day at 8:00 in the morning (the wife was not thrilled).

Just curious, being in Chattanooga, do you have all games against Charlotte, Memphis and Atlanta blacked out... In Knoxville they are which I found pretty irritating. I can understand Memphis because it is our states NBA team (though most people won't claim them) and I kind of understand Atlanta but Charlotte is pretty far away to black I out in Knoxville.
In terms of if you can watch it from the beginning if you start mid-game, you and able seem to have two theories. Guess I'll find out tonight.

jbx, I've been able to watch all the games. The recent game in Atlanta was not blocked out for me.

Nice to hear from a fellow East Tennessean.

(P.S. Why did the Vols hire a coach with a losing record? I never understood it from the day they announced his name.)

gummy
11-23-2012, 07:54 PM
You definitely can start watching from the beginning after the game is in progress. 9 times out of 10 it will start you at the beginning even though the game may be in, say, the third quarter. Every once in awhile it puts you live, in which case you just pull the slider back to the beginning to watch from the start.

One thing that sometimes happens when you are watching a game that is in progress but you're behind the live feed - sometimes, when the game ends and it's being archived it'll kick you out of watching it. Then you have to wait until the archive process is complete to resume watching. Good news is it usually remembers where you were in the game and picks up from there.

Another note on archiving. Usually the game is available quickly, but it's not always instantly so. For example, I tried to watch the New Orleans game about 10 minutes after it ended. It was marked "archiving" so I couldn't get it to start. It remained that way for another 20-25 minutes, so I had to wait.

Edit: The above applies to League Pass Broadband. I've had the TV version before and unfortunately, just to complicate things, there are differences. ;)