PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Hornets postgame thread.

vnzla81
11-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Roy Hibbert and Paul George were amazing today, good win.

Go Pacers!!!!

Mad-Mad-Mario
11-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Of course I missed the game because I was running errands for thanksgiving

Trophy
11-21-2012, 10:57 PM
What a game!

The Hornets battled hard, but the better team came out on top.

PG24 with a historic night and Roy with a triple-double. Great game by those two and if what they did tonight isn't a giant motivation booster, I don't know what is.

Great team win!

:gopacers:

Magic P
11-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Remember, PG's trade value will never be any higher :D

LucasRL13
Next step?
Beat San Antonio Spurs

Trophy

:50cent: :banhim:

DEEman
11-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Career high points for PG and career high blocks for Roy... Glad i stayed up for this one!

vnzla81
11-21-2012, 11:00 PM

Yeah I can't wait for Peck to tell us that :laugh:

15th parallel
Normally, this would be a disappointing game for Hibbert, who's still not out of funk in offense.

But this time, I'll forgive him as he rebounded well and blocked so many shots.

Fun fact: He made more rebounds and blocks than his points for his first-ever triple double this season!

Eleazar
Hibbert is still struggling with his shot, but he played how you want to see him play. He just didn't perform well in the shooting area.

2minutes twoa
11-21-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope we can look back at this game in the future as the turning point game for PG! Two nice games in a row for big Roy! Just be a consistent 15 and 10 guy and guard the paint big fella!

Wish we had a backup point like Vasquez! I love his game. So smooth with the ball. I think he could be a solid starter on a playoff team.

3rdStrike
11-21-2012, 11:01 PM
There was less Vogelball and more open sets. This was the best ball movement and shot creating the Pacers have had this season by far, and the stats show it. EIGHT turnovers in 4 quarters plus overtime is impressive by any standards, especially the way the team was playing. The team had 26 assists, but really could have had closer to 36 were it not for some easy looks being missed. That will happen, but it's survivable when the offense isn't limiting possessions like Vogel had it doing prior to a few days ago. George Hill played well and had 0 turnovers, Lance did his thing (could've had 8-10 assists, but again the missed shots).

Paul George's night speaks for itself (as does Hibbert's), but let's temper both with a reality check: Hibbert shot 3-for-12. Paul George only had 2 points off of free throws, so until he changes his game he won't be sniffing 30 again without dropping at least 6 threes, which isn't likely to be a regular occurrence.

15th parallel
11-21-2012, 11:05 PM
And yeah, this is what we want out of PG. Hopefully this is the start of his scoring onslaught.

90'sNBARocked
11-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Now if PG has a bad game next everybodys gonna want him traded

I am still very concerened about our PG's Hill and DJ. Hoping Hill is playing through injury and will heal and DJ needs to time comfortable

D0NT SH0OT ME
11-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Roy Hibbert did officially shoot 3-13, but anyone that was watching was able to realize that a lot of those attempts came after getting an offensive rebound. He still threw up a few poor shots, but he did not perform as poorly on offense as the stats might suggest.

vnzla81
11-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Like I said before Hibbert should be used more as Ibaka, let him block and rebound and use him once in a while on the offensive side, force feeding Hibbert is not smart in my opinion.

The same should be done with Paul George, he is to me so similar to Danny that's not even funny, let him shoot 3's to open the floor and make him drive once in a while, in other words play him the same way you play Danny minus the post up's.

Dr. Awesome
11-21-2012, 11:09 PM

I am still very concerened about our PG's Hill and DJ. Hoping Hill is playing through injury and will heal and DJ needs to time comfortable

If he comes out next game passing up shots again, I will lose it.

Magic P
11-21-2012, 11:12 PM
:50cent: :banhim:

Maybe I should have used the green

Pacerfan
11-21-2012, 11:16 PM
PG and Roy trending worldwide on Twitter! Putting the Pacers on the map! Now lets go get some more wins.

Mad-Mad-Mario
11-21-2012, 11:17 PM
1 win away from .500. Thats the first step. Get to .500 and then work to improve on that.

Dr. Awesome
11-21-2012, 11:19 PM
HOLY **** LOOK AT THE HAWKS GAME!

DGPR
11-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm optimistic but we have to play San Antonio again and we ALWAYS have trouble with their ball-movement. With Stephen Jackson being out we might have a shot though.

LG33
11-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Very entertaining game.

McKeyFan
11-21-2012, 11:25 PM

I still agree. He got hot. It was nice. Its not very repeatable and he created nothing. We could get more in a trade than we will get down the road.

But people think with their emotions not their rationality. Nevertheless I will enjoy the performance. Nice job Paul.

Nuntius
11-21-2012, 11:27 PM
I am very, very glad about this win. The offense looked better as well, especially in the second half. As several people have pointed our second unit needs to play up tempo. They look better when doing so.

Also, we went to the FT line 28 times (even if we only hit 20 of them) and only had 9 turnovers. That's always good. In that sense we did look like last year's team a bit tonight.

However, our defense was not as good as it normally is. 16 blocks are amazing but we had a lot of defensive lapses. There were times in which we took a small lead and immediatedly lost it because we gave them several open looks.

Look, I'm aware that our D is designed to give them the mid range and stop penetration. And I get it. Hibbert was excellent today. Lopez was 3-17 (although he was 15-17 from the FT line but there's really not a lot you can do about it). But David West and Tyler Hansbrough were heavily targeted. Their PFs (Anderson, Smith) have range and they run plays for them to hit the 15 footer all game long. It didn't help that Anderson was 5-5 from 3 either. It didn't help that Greivis Vasquez blew by DJ (or GH some times but at least GH fought through the screens) and hit that floater consistently either. Still, they should score a lot less than they did. So, our D could have been a lot better today.

One more thing I like to point out. We were 15-27 from 3. That's a 55.6%. We don't win this game without those 3s and frankly I don't think that we can consistently shoot this good.

So, overally I don't think that we should really win this. But we did and I'm ecstatic. You always get any win that you can and run with it. I really hope that this game will help PG's confidence. We need more of that PG.

Ow, and this was the second consecutive good game by Hibbert. Let's also hope that he is to keep it up and get out of his funk.

If Hibbert and PG get out of their funks and play at this level consistently then we can turn this around :D

:gopacers:

Mr.ThunderMakeR
11-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Vogel has gotten a lot better with the rotations recently. Tonight was pretty damn good, although the bench still kinda screwed us at the beginning of the 4th. But its good to see Vogel learning from his mistakes.

Dr. Awesome
11-21-2012, 11:29 PM
I still agree. He got hot. It was nice. Its not very repeatable and he created nothing. We could get more in a trade than we will get down the road.

But people think with their emotions not their rationality. Nevertheless I will enjoy the performance. Nice job Paul.

I disagree, PG by himself won't get much.

The only way he has value is as part of a package for a legit All-Star/Star player.

BobbyMac
11-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Paul George getting 37 points and a Pacer record 9 3's is fantastic, However to my knowledge Hibbert is only the 2nd Pacer EVER! to record a triple double with blocked shots, point and rebounds! Quinn and Chris really glossed over this tremendous accomplishment! Way to go Big Roy!!!!

Eleazar
11-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Paul George getting 37 points and a Pacer record 9 3's is fantastic, However to my knowledge Hibbert is only the 2nd Pacer EVER! to record a triple double with blocked shots, point and rebounds! Quinn and Chris really glossed over this tremendous accomplishment! Way to go Big Roy!!!!

who is the other?

Dr. Awesome
11-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Vogel has gotten a lot better with the rotations recently. Tonight was pretty damn good, although the bench still kinda screwed us at the beginning of the 4th. But its good to see Vogel learning from his mistakes.

I still don't like seeing Sam Young play. He plays great for 10 minutes, then disappears for 200 - however, Vogel just remembers those 10 minutes.

He has a high motor, which I love - but he doesn't do anything on the court all that well aside from hustling.

glazedham42
11-21-2012, 11:56 PM
who is the other?

Jermaine did it once also.

gummy
11-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Aargh - wasn't able to watch live and the game hasn't been archived yet! Looking forward to it though!

Sandman21
11-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Somewhere, John Starks is watching a tv and asking "Did dis dude just do dis?".

Trophy
11-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Maybe I should have used the green

I know you were kidding. I was just playing. :-p

focused444
11-22-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm probably reading too much into this but... Paul George was overwhelmed in his post game interview with Brooke, at a loss for words kinda. It seemed like he was just a young kid who was semi-uncomfortable with a sideline interview in that moment. What does this mean? Maybe nothing. It reminded me that despite watching Paul play a few seasons, he's still a puppy. For example, David West would never be rattled in a post game interview, especially at this point in his career. When we see Paul become fully mentally comfortable in the moment, whether it's games, interviews, etc... He will become more of what we see he can be.

Or maybe I'm insane...

On the game tonight. The Hornets were calling this a must win apparently, wanting to end their losing streak tonight. Hungry teams are always dangerous. Just like the winless Wizards were. Definitely happy with the two wins. San Antonio always looks daunting on the schedule, really never changes.

Jason Smith is a cheap shot artist.

LetsTalkPacers84
11-22-2012, 01:07 AM
:happydanc

PacersHomer
11-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Fun game to watch and PG was amazing! Loved it. This could very well be a turning point for the season if we don't regress back to the scared PG and mentally weak Roy.

ReginaldWayne
11-22-2012, 01:33 AM

I missed the game tonight due to traveling purposes. What did the rotations look like tonight?

rock747
11-22-2012, 02:38 AM
I listened to most of this game... and will probably miss the SA game... Paul keeps giving us flashes... I think win against SA would be a turning point.

CableKC
11-22-2012, 02:55 AM
Well, technically what Peck says is true.....PG's trade value will never be any higher......putting up these #s would help solidify the statement. But just because the statement is true, it doesn't mean that it will happen.

CableKC
11-22-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm optimistic but we have to play San Antonio again and we ALWAYS have trouble with their ball-movement. With Stephen Jackson being out we might have a shot though.
SJax not playing means very little to a Team like the Spurs.

McKeyFan
11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Do they not give Lance an assist when he set up Paul for three? If so, Lance should have had about ten assists instead of five.

BlueNGold
11-22-2012, 09:25 AM
If Paul follows up with a couple more performances in the 30ppg range, I think it will be time to forget about trading him. But those performances should be in the next two weeks or this is officially a fluke. If he goes back to scoring in the low teens, for the rest of the year, I think we know what we have.

11-22-2012, 10:31 AM
He got hot. It was nice. Its not very repeatable and he created nothing. We could get more in a trade than we will get down the road.

This isn't fantasy basketball or a video game.

OlBlu
11-22-2012, 11:37 AM

Why would you want to trade the teams best player? What do you think you could get for him to make that worthwhile? This team is adjusting and it will start to win. No, they won't win 60 games as some predicted and they won't win 55 games either. They probably won't win 50 games but they will get to the mid-forties and make the playoffs. What more do you expect from a small market team with no superstars and no real hope of getting one? :cool:

Justin Tyme
11-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Wish we had a backup point like Vasquez! I love his game. So smooth with the ball. I think he could be a solid starter on a playoff team.

YOU AND ME BOTH!

I liked Vasquez in the 010 draft, and for a #28 pick he's turning out well. He's got great size for a PG, looks to pass, and makes his team mates better players.

Ace E.Anderson
11-22-2012, 11:55 AM

Hill had a great floor game? 16 5 and 6 with pretty good D.

CJ Jones
11-23-2012, 10:03 AM
15/7/3 now for Paul after his big game. He's averaging more assists and rebounds than Danny ever has while shooting a higher efg% than Danny finished the last 2 seasons with. Not bad for a guy that even a fanboy like me can admit has played soft and disappointing at times early on this season. Considering he's the same age Danny was when he entered the league 7 years ago, I'd like to keep him for a while to see how this thing plays out.

McKeyFan
11-23-2012, 01:18 PM
15/7/3 now for Paul after his big game. He's averaging more assists and rebounds than Danny ever has while shooting a higher efg% than Danny finished the last 2 seasons with. Not bad for a guy that even a fanboy like me can admit has played soft and disappointing at times early on this season. Considering he's the same age Danny was when he entered the league 7 years ago, I'd like to keep him for a while to see how this thing plays out.
That does help with some perspective. I'm not a big PG fanboy right now, but I remember Danny's first couple years in the league and he also didn't seem to look like anything special on the offensive end.

vnzla81
11-23-2012, 01:27 PM
YOU AND ME BOTH!

I liked Vasquez in the 010 draft, and for a #28 pick he's turning out well. He's got great size for a PG, looks to pass, and makes his team mates better players.

Yep I've been watching Vasquez since college and I wanted him to be drafted in the first round but no by the Pacers, I knew he was going to come to a team that doesn't help point guards, I bet he looks like garbage here.

Memphis was not the right place for him either, I'm glad he ended up in New Orleans, I expected him to be good but not this good, he is a pretty damn good floor general, he is the one that makes that offense moves, Vasquez is so good that he has made Aminu a serviceable player.

pacer4ever
11-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Yep I've been watching Vasquez since college and I wanted him to be drafted in the first round but no by the Pacers, I knew he was going to come to a team that doesn't help point guards, I bet he looks like garbage here.

Memphis was not the right place for him either, I'm glad he ended up in New Orleans, I expected him to be good but not this good, he is a pretty damn good floor general, he is the one that makes that offense moves, Vasquez is so good that he has made Aminu a serviceable player.

Aminu's defense and especially rebounding s what has made him a serviceable player not Vasquez. Aminu is one of the best if not the best rebounder at the SF position in the league.

vnzla81
11-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Aminu's defense and especially rebounding s what has made him a serviceable player not Vasquez. Aminu is one of the best if not the best rebounder at the SF position in the league.

You are talking about two areas in the game were nobody gives a damn about(see Paul George) I meant offensively, Vasquez helps Aminu get easy baskets and easy dunks, since getting drafted Aminu has looked like bust written all over, now with Vasquez he looks like a pretty good serviceable player that not only can rebound and play D but can also score some.

pacer4ever
11-23-2012, 02:27 PM
You are talking about two areas in the game were nobody gives a damn about(see Paul George) I meant offensively, Vasquez helps Aminu get easy baskets and easy dunks, since getting drafted Aminu has looked like bust written all over, now with Vasquez he looks like a pretty good serviceable player that not only can rebound and play D but can also score some.

Im talking about 2 areas of the game that win you ball games. Im sure Monty Williams love what Aminu brings to his team on the boards and on the defensive end. But you are right fans dont appreciate it like they do other areas of the game. Ala all the fans *****ing about Brandon Rush's game for example.

vnzla81
11-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Im talking about 2 areas of the game that win you ball games. Im sure Monty Williams love what Aminu brings to his team on the boards and on the defensive end. But you are right fans dont appreciate it like they do other areas of the game. Ala all the fans *****ing about Brandon Rush's game for example.

Yeah we both agree that you don't have to be an offensive machine to be effective, I rather have somebody that plays shut down D, rebounds at a high rate and scores 15ppg than somebody that scores 20ppg doesn't play D and doesn't rebound as well.

And regarding Aminu to be fair he looked like garbage in the previous two years, making people call him a bust.

Nuntius
11-23-2012, 03:48 PM

Those 2 points are quite interesting since several Hornets fans seem to disagree.

Here's a link to their game thread for the Pacers game -> http://www.hornetsreport.com/showthread.php?74044-Hornets-Pacers-6-00-PM-CST

Several people whined about their bad offense, Vasquez's playmaking ability and Aminu's defense.

Granted, most of it seemed like knee-jerk reactions (quite similar to the ones we often have here) but there is a valid point about Aminu's defense on Paul George. He left him a lot of times wide open for 3s.

It gives some good perspective about how we approach a player's performance given which team we support. The grass always seems greener on the other side ;)