PDA

View Full Version : Two Pacers to the D League this weekend.

Strummer
11-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Plumlee, Johnson to Play 2 Games With Fort Wayne in D-League

November 21, 2012

INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Pacers announced Wednesday that rookies Miles Plumlee and Orlando Johnson will join the Fort Wayne Mad Ants for two games this weekend. This is the first time the Pacers have assigned players to their NBA D-League affiliate.

Plumlee, a 6-10, 245-pound center/forward who was the Pacers' first-round pick last June (26th overall), has played in four games this season, scoring four points and pulling down five rebounds. Johnson, a 6-5 guard who was a second-round pick that the Pacers acquired from Sacramento on draft night, has played in two games, but hasn’t scored.

"We could not be happier to have Miles and Orlando join our team for these first two games," said Mad Ants head coach Duane Ticknor. "We think we can provide both players a great opportunity to improve their games, and I am excited for this watershed moment in our partnership with the Pacers."

Fort Wayne hosts Erie Friday night and Maine Sunday. The two players will re-join the Pacers for their three-game western road trip next week.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/plumlee-johnson-play-two-games-fort-wayne-d-league

Sparhawk
11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
About time.

Miles ****ing Plumlee. What a wasted pick.

Justin Tyme
11-21-2012, 12:13 PM
IT'S ABOUT TIME THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE D-LEAGUE!!!

Justin Tyme
11-21-2012, 12:19 PM
About time.

If there was ever a time to have traded their pick, it should have been the 012 draft not the 011 draft.

Why draft Plumlee and trade for Mahinmi while giving him a 4 year guaranteed contract?

BlueCollarColts
11-21-2012, 12:53 PM
anyone think Orlando Johnson can turn into a decent player? (ex. Avery Bradley, Jeremy Lin)

Nuntius
11-21-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't know about you but every time I've seen Miles play, I've seen positive things. Is there any way to watch the Mad Ants?

avoidingtheclowns
11-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't know about you but every time I've seen Miles play, I've seen positive things. Is there any way to watch the Mad Ants?

Not sure if this holds for outside of the US, but this was just announced...

2012-13 NBA D-League Season Tips Off With Four Games on Friday, Nov. 23 --
Official Release

NEW YORK, November 20, 2012 – The NBA and YouTube announced a new deal today that will provide fans with more than 350 NBA Development League games streamed live during the 2012-13 regular season on the NBA D-League YouTube channel and through a YouTube video player on NBA.com. The partnership was announced by Adam Silver, NBA Deputy Commissioner, and Claude Ruibal, Global Head of Sports for Google/YouTube.

The deal marks another first between the NBA and YouTube. The NBA was the first professional sports league to partner with YouTube in 2005 to unveil the NBA Channel and to join their "Claim Your Content" program. To date, more than 960 million videos have been viewed by fans, making it the most popular sports channel on YouTube.

As a result of today’s announcement, the NBA D-League, the NBA’s official minor league, will feature the most live games on YouTube by a major professional sports league.

“The NBA’s latest initiative with YouTube marks another milestone in our partnership and a great way to tip off the 12th season of the NBA Development League,” said Silver. “By turning to our longtime partner, YouTube, we are able to bring the NBA D-League to basketball fans around the world, further expanding the league’s growth and showcasing future NBA stars.”

“As one of the world’s most popular sports with a broad roster of top prospects, the NBA D-League is a perfect fit for the YouTube platform,” said Ruibal. “With our broad global delivery across all platforms and devices, providing live and catch up NBA D-League games and highlights will make this exciting content easily accessible to a whole new generation of basketball fans.”

The NBA D-League season on YouTube will tip off opening night on Friday, Nov. 23, with four games when the Maine Red Claws meet the Canton Charge, the Erie BayHawks play the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants, the Tulsa 66ers host the Texas Legends, and the Bakersfield Jam open against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. The four games on opening night will feature 36 top NBA prospects that recently participated in NBA training camps.

Throughout the season, NBA D-League fans won’t miss a moment of live regular season action as all of the league’s games will be available nationwide either online; on the NBA D-League Center Court mobile app – the league’s free mobile application providing fans with access to NBA D-League content on the Android Market and the App Store; or on CBS Sports Network and NBA TV, the league’s national television partners.

In addition, fans will be able to access the live games on the NBA D-League YouTube channel via all of the league’s 16 team web sites. They can also access archived versions of the live games to view on demand through the YouTube channel and the league’s web site shortly after the conclusion of the contests.

Overall, the NBA D-League features 16 teams with direct affiliations to NBA franchises. The league is a proven developer of talent with 20 percent of players on 2012-13 NBA opening-day rosters having NBA D-League experience.

(NBDL (http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/nba_youtube_partner_to_present_nbadleague_games_yo utube_2012_11_20.html))

Peck
11-21-2012, 01:13 PM
This is wonderful and long overdue. Three cheers for Kevin Pritchard for this.

Eleazar
11-21-2012, 01:35 PM
anyone think Orlando Johnson can turn into a decent player? (ex. Avery Bradley, Jeremy Lin)

Maybe, he hasn't shown much either way when he has played, but he has only played what 4 minutes?

Yeah he has shown some good, but he has also shown some ineptness. He has some potential, just don't know how much.

Strummer
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Televising the D-League on YouTube? Yay!

But now the cynic in me wonders if Miles and Orlando were sent there more as an opening weekend marketing ploy.

But whatever, Yay!

Deadshot
11-21-2012, 03:00 PM
But now the cynic in me wonders if Miles and Orlando were sent there more as an opening weekend marketing ploy.

Probably a little bit of both, but it really doesn't matter too much. These guys need to be playing somewhere.

Pacerized
11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Good move by the Pacers.

Phree Refill
11-21-2012, 03:37 PM
I feel like this is perfect use of the D league team. Gets Miles and OJ an opportunity at some playing time and then brings them right back on board for the west coast trip where bonding with teamates is more important. I like the move.

Nuntius
11-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah he has shown some good, but he has also shown some ineptness. He has some potential, just don't know how much.

I'd like to see better defense and defensive rebounding out of him. His offensive game in the SL satisfied me.

Personally, I think that some people are prejudiced against Miles due to his play at Duke. When you start seeing him in a new light, completely forgetting his college years, you'll come to appreciate him as a player :)

Strummer
11-21-2012, 04:08 PM
I'd like to see better defense and defensive rebounding out of him. His offensive game in the SL satisfied me.

Personally, I think that some people are prejudiced against Miles due to his play at Duke. When you start seeing him in a new light, completely forgetting his college years, you'll come to appreciate him as a player :)

Yeah, I think he has a world of potential. Much more so than some of our other late pick centers. Like Harrison, Haskins, or Brezac.

The people who wish he would have done more in college mystify me. If he'd played up to his potential in college then he never would have been available for us to draft. So I'm happy with his college career.

J7F
11-21-2012, 04:18 PM
I just don't see why so many still hold so much hatred towards him... He was the 26th pick in the draft... It's not like we blew a top 10 pick on him or something... He's looked decent to good to me in the limited time I've seen him play in SL, Preseason, and RegSeason...

Then again I have no college bias against him (both in terms of his production and who he played for)... I still think he will pan out well for a 26th pick...

This is no Thabeet at 2 type of situation... But the things some posters write would make you think it is...

pacer4ever
11-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I will be watching I have been watching Machado and Dmo play in the Dleague pretty solid so far in the preseason. The games are webcast and are on demand for free at NBA.com just have to have an NBA access account which is free.

presto123
11-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Plumlee has way more upside than Mahimni.

pacer4ever
11-21-2012, 04:44 PM
I just don't see why so many still hold so much hatred towards him... He was the 26th pick in the draft... It's not like we blew a top 10 pick on him or something... He's looked decent to good to me in the limited time I've seen him play in SL, Preseason, and RegSeason...

Then again I have no college bias against him (both in terms of his production and who he played for)... I still think he will pan out well for a 26th pick...

This is no Thabeet at 2 type of situation... But the things some posters write would make you think it is...
Because there were 20+ better NBA prospects available. If we wanted a big man Festus E was the way to go. Solid defender limited upside but was a NBA role player from almost day one defensively and had upside to get better offensively.

Last year was a deep draft(20-45 was great place to pick) and to me picking a 24 year old who is terrible at basketball was a mistake. I dont even know what the scouts saw in him makes me question my scouting ability if he turns out to be a good player :laugh:

One of the least aware players I have every scouted just looked clueless at Duke on both ends. 40in vert only matters if you know how to play basketball.

Eleazar
11-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I think he has a world of potential. Much more so than some of our other late pick centers. Like Harrison, Haskins, or Brezac.

The people who wish he would have done more in college mystify me. If he'd played up to his potential in college then he never would have been available for us to draft. So I'm happy with his college career.

Harrison?! As far as potential goes Harrison was head and shoulders better than Plumlee. Harrison had more potential than Hibbert, his problem was all mental. He didn't have the maturity or work ethic to meet his potential, and that was the sole reason he dropped to us late in the draft.

Strummer
11-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Harrison?! As far as potential goes Harrison was head and shoulders better than Plumlee. Harrison had more potential than Hibbert, his problem was all mental. He didn't have the maturity or work ethic to meet his potential, and that was the sole reason he dropped to us late in the draft.

Harrison had height but not an NBA body. He had short arms. Still does. You can't teach reach.

Eleazar
11-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Harrison had height but not an NBA body. He had short arms. Still does. You can't teach reach.

And Hibbert is an uncoordinated oaf who was able to work hard and overcome his weakness to make someone want to pay him $14 mill a year. It is a lat easier to overcome short arms than it is to overcome being uncoordinated.Both of them just take hard work. That is something Hibbert has, and Harrison did not.

Strummer
11-21-2012, 05:11 PM
And Hibbert is an uncoordinated oaf who was able to work hard and overcome his weakness to make someone want to pay him $14 mill a year. It is a lat easier to overcome short arms than it is to overcome being uncoordinated.Both of them just take hard work. That is something Hibbert has, and Harrison did not.

????? I am soooooo puzzled. I never expected to get anyone stirred up by mentioning David Harrison. I agree with you that Hibbert is better than Harrison. But then, I don't toss Hibbert into the "late pick" category.

But back to Plumlee. He had a great reputation in the weight room at Duke. Seems like a hard worker to me with a good attitude. I'm hoping for big things.

Eleazar
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
????? I am soooooo puzzled. I never expected to get anyone stirred up by mentioning David Harrison. I agree with you that Hibbert is better than Harrison. But then, I don't toss Hibbert into the "late pick" category.

But back to Plumlee. He had a great reputation in the weight room at Duke. Seems like a hard worker to me with a good attitude. I'm hoping for big things.

I just like there to be accurate information out there. At the time everyone saw that Harrison had the potential, but it also quickly became obvious he didn't have the work ethic to meet that potential. I was just using Hibbert as an example of a player overcoming a weakness to maximize their potential through hard work because you claimed the reason Harrison didn't have a lot of potential was because he had short arms.

Strummer
11-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I just like there to be accurate information out there. At the time everyone saw that Harrison had the potential, but it also quickly became obvious he didn't have the work ethic to meet that potential. I was just using Hibbert as an example of a player overcoming a weakness to maximize their potential through hard work because you claimed the reason Harrison didn't have a lot of potential was because he had short arms.

:) Short arms is what I'll always remember Harrison for. They mentioned it when we drafted him. I pictured him looking like a T-Rex in a basketball uniform. Burned that image into my mind.

I think there were many reasons why Harrison was available for us late in the draft. And I'm glad Plumlee doesn't have that kind of make up. That's why I think people should be patient and give him a chance.

Heisenberg
11-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Plums has pretty outstanding body control for a guy his size. Annnnd I'm out of positives. He's got a long way to go to find a niche in the league. He really is somewhat well rounded offensively, the base skills are there, but as soon as there's basically any defensive pressure at all it goes to hell. So whatever, good luck.

I think Plumlee was a terrible pick but I also think people expecting much of anything out of the 26th pick are misinformed. I'll dump late 1st round picks all day in trades.

D0NT SH0OT ME
11-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I really like how TPTB are keeping these guys with the team as much as possible instead of just hiding them away in the D-League. It gives them all a chance to bond off the court, which has a much bigger influence on on court chemistry than some might think.

JohnWild
11-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Since they haven't sent Ben, is this indicative that he might get possibly get consistent playing time?

The more I watch DJ, the more I don't see why Ben isn't starting to get some of his minutes.

Eleazar
11-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Since they haven't sent Ben, is this indicative that he might get possibly get consistent playing time?

The more I watch DJ, the more I don't see why Ben isn't starting to get some of his minutes.

Probably more that they just don't want to send them all at once.

3rdStrike
11-21-2012, 11:07 PM
About time.

He's gonna tear it up in those two games. The dude can play. People dismissed Lance without giving him a chance, and I was right on that one. Avoid associating him with the draft, just watch him as a player.

LG33
11-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Box score (http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20121123/ERIFWN/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp2021200002#nbaGIboxscore) is available for their first game as Mad Antz (a 109-100 loss to the Erie Bayhawks):

Orlando Johnson put up 16 shots, only hit 5 though. Had a pair of blocks and steals to go along with 6 rebounds.

Plumlee gathered 12 boards (7 offensive) in 26 minutes, was 2 of 9 from the field however.

Both guys recorded 3 turnovers just to remind everyone that their loyalties still lie with the Pacers.

Anyone get a chance to watch the game? How did our guys look?

ECKrueger
11-24-2012, 02:33 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UxeE1k2uOdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Awesome
11-24-2012, 04:48 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UxeE1k2uOdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is actually fun to watch.

Its funny how little everyone cares. The announcers don't even know the player names: "He shoots the ball and the Mad Ants rebound it!" Then the camera guy has been caught sleeping, its just funny.

Dr. Awesome
11-24-2012, 04:50 AM
Hahaha these announcers are soooo bad.

spazzxb
11-24-2012, 04:57 AM
I think I might go to Sundays game(10 mi utes from my house).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dr. Awesome
11-24-2012, 05:01 AM
The two Pacers had the worst plus/minus' on the team. x_x

Dr. Awesome
11-24-2012, 05:10 AM
DeAndre Liggins had 15/11/10 for Tulsa...could be someone to keep an eye on. Anyone who is 6'6 and pass like that, I like.

I hate Kentucky though...

Wage
11-24-2012, 05:19 AM
About time.

To be fair, PJ3 hasn't exactly set the league on fire either.

Dgreenwell3
11-24-2012, 11:30 AM
To be fair, PJ3 hasn't exactly set the league on fire either.

There was like 2-3 players I would rather have over him anyways...PJ3 was one of those and I still think he will be a big time player

OlBlu
11-24-2012, 01:27 PM
DeAndre Liggins had 15/11/10 for Tulsa...could be someone to keep an eye on. Anyone who is 6'6 and pass like that, I like.

I hate Kentucky though...

I hate Indiana so don't sign anyone who played or is playing there.....:cool:

MiaDragon
11-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Plumlee has way more upside than Mahimni.

I doubt he will ever be as good as Mahimni is right now.

pacer4ever
11-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Orlando is off to a good start finally making his shots like he did in college. Fab Melo and Miles both we pretty bad so far.

here is the link for those interested http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20121125/MNEFWN/gameinfo.html

BlueCollarColts
11-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Orlando is off to a good start finally making his shots like he did in college. Fab Melo and Miles both we pretty bad so far.

here is the link for those interested http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20121125/MNEFWN/gameinfo.html
has the game not started yet for you either?

pacer4ever
11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
has the game not started yet for you either?
??

it's almost halftime and I have watched the whole thing just fine. Game started at 5pm.

Orlando has been good coach just sat him down for the 1st time mid way though the 2nd quarter.

BlueCollarColts
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
??

it's almost halftime and I have watched the whole thing just fine. Game started at 5pm.

Orlando has been good coach just sat him down for the 1st time mid way though the 2nd quarter.
nvm, i figured it out, I am one of the few who believe OJ can be a solid 6th man in the NBA and be a 13 ppg guy for the Pacers, he can create his own shot at least

spazzxb
11-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Sitting g 4rth row behind the red claws bench for 12.50. Orlando looks good and is vocal on the court. Plumlee had some nice dunks. Juan Johnson is also a mad Ant. Sheldon Mac and Fab Mello are red claws.

BlueCollarColts
11-25-2012, 08:06 PM
if Orlando Johnson keeps this up in D-league then we need to bring him up and give him some playing time

BlueCollarColts
11-25-2012, 08:54 PM
here is my breakdown of Orlando Johnson:
WE HAVE FOUND OUR LEBRON JAMES!!!!! ok on a serious note, Orlando Johnson looks like a very promising prospect, he has good ball handling skills, and is great at creating his own shot, he can pull up and hit the mid range jumper, but he will also take you off the dribble. A very encouraging sign to me was that he was able to drive in and make some very difficult lay-up shots with his left hand, which is encouraging because he is right handed. I have high hopes for Orlando Johnson, I think he can turn into a player like James Harden, similar body types and similar skills. Yes I think Orlando can be just as good as James Harden if he develops right. We could have a very great player in OJ if everything goes right!

Goyle
11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
I haven't watched the D-League games yet, but OJ was great at getting whatever shot he wanted in preseason and summer league. He seems like he might be a black hole though, 0 assists his first game, 1 assist in this one and 36 shots in total.

BlueCollarColts
11-25-2012, 09:20 PM
I haven't watched the D-League games yet, but OJ was great at getting whatever shot he wanted in preseason and summer league. He seems like he might be a black hole though, 0 assists his first game, 1 assist in this one and 36 shots in total.
I couldn't care less if he was a black hole. As long as he makes them!! which he did!!!

Heisenberg
11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Plumlee had 23/7

boombaby1987
11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
I could care less if he was a black hole. As long as he makes them!! which he did!!!

You could care less huh? :-p

BlueCollarColts
11-25-2012, 10:26 PM
You could care less huh? :-p
lol, you know what I meant!!

CableKC
11-26-2012, 12:55 AM
here is my breakdown of Orlando Johnson:
WE HAVE FOUND OUR LEBRON JAMES!!!!! ok on a serious note, Orlando Johnson looks like a very promising prospect, he has good ball handling skills, and is great at creating his own shot, he can pull up and hit the mid range jumper, but he will also take you off the dribble. A very encouraging sign to me was that he was able to drive in and make some very difficult lay-up shots with his left hand, which is encouraging because he is right handed. I have high hopes for Orlando Johnson, I think he can turn into a player like James Harden, similar body types and similar skills. Yes I think Orlando can be just as good as James Harden if he develops right. We could have a very great player in OJ if everything goes right!
I need help figuring out something. Let's look at the context here. Many of these skills that you mention....I assume existed when he played in college.....and appears to be on display against Players in the D-League ( basically Players that are somewhere on the skill level of College Players and NBA Players that couldn't make it ).

The question is about the competition level that OJ and Plumlee will be playing against.

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of his playing time in the D-League....I am trying to figure out is would these skills translate on the NBA court against NBA level Players. I guess the answer to that rather obvious question is yes.....but what aludes me is why we aren't able to see these skills on display when he did get some time on the court when he was in the NBA. Is it a matter of confidence against more talented Players? Is it a simple matter of playing time? Is it a matter of Vogel telling him to fit into a particular role that he is not familiar with because his role was different on his previous team?

Strummer
11-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Just watched the game. Loved OJ's play. That's by far the best I've seen him play since we drafted him. I'd love to see him get some more time at Fort Wayne to get his confidence built back up.

Miles looked good too. It was nice to see them draw up a play for him at the end. And it was great that he converted it.

Eleazar
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
I need help figuring out something. Let's look at the context here. Many of these skills that you mention....I assume existed when he played in college.....and appears to be on display against Players in the D-League ( basically Players that are somewhere on the skill level of College Players and NBA Players that couldn't make it ).

The question is about the competition level that OJ and Plumlee will be playing against.

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of his playing time in the D-League....I am trying to figure out is would these skills translate on the NBA court against NBA level Players. I guess the answer to that rather obvious question is yes.....but what aludes me is why we aren't able to see these skills on display when he did get some time on the court when he was in the NBA. Is it a matter of confidence against more talented Players? Is it a simple matter of playing time? Is it a matter of Vogel telling him to fit into a particular role that he is not familiar with because his role was different on his previous team?

Probably because he has only gotten about 4 minutes of playing time, and most players take a few games to get used to the speed and athleticism of the NBA. Obviously he is also going up against better competition in the NBA so I wouldn't expect him to be as good against NBA competition, but the first big hurdle that a player faces when stepping up to the next level is always getting used to the speed of play and increased precision. The only fix for that is playing time, which Orlando has very little of at this point.

docpaul
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Looks like Orlando and Plumlee are leaving the d-league team for the west coast road trip.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20121126/SPORTS0603/311269943/1008/SPORTS

PritchSlap
11-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Looks like OJ and Miles made a stop in Warsaw on their way back from Ft Wayne.
Teammate bonding over spoiled applesauce. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/milesplumlee13/status/272445911433621504

Miles Plumlee @milesplumlee13
@Pace_O11 thought this applesauce at my house didn't taste quite like applesauce. Then we saw the '09 on the label lol

CableKC
11-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Looks like OJ and Miles made a stop in Warsaw on their way back from Ft Wayne.
Teammate bonding over spoiled applesauce. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/milesplumlee13/status/272445911433621504
Great....now I expect to see a tweet about OJ missing some games due to intestinal / diarrhea issue :laugh:

doctor-h
11-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Yea he looked average against rookies, has beens, never will be's in meaningless summer league games, that always gets me excited too. He has also played well in mop up duty of blow outs against third stringers.

CableKC
11-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Looks like Orlando and Plumlee are leaving the d-league team for the west coast road trip.

Unless there is any intention to play them, I see no need to recall them. I'd rather have them play 25mpg with the Mad Ants rather than sitting at the end of the bench.

CJ Jones
11-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Yea he looked average against rookies, has beens, never will be's in meaningless summer league games, that always gets me excited too. He has also played well in mop up duty of blow outs against third stringers.

he outplayed every big man he went up against and made the all summer league team. that's better than average imo

Strummer
11-26-2012, 05:03 PM
he outplayed every big man he went up against and made the all summer league team. that's better than average imo

Yeah, he's already proven the majority of Pacer's Digest wrong. Even if they won't admit it.

I really like how well he moves. He's extremely mobile for a big man. Should cure our pick and roll D problems in the future.

rock747
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Great....now I expect to see a tweet about OJ missing some games due to intestinal / diarrhea issue :laugh:

Well, wouldn't be the first time a Pacer has gone down with "food poisoning". Seemed to happen quite often during the Tinsley, Jackson era....

BlueCollarColts
11-26-2012, 08:38 PM

TBH i think it was just a matter of confidence with in the summer league. He missed a lot of his shots and then he started missing them because he was not confident in his shot. H was shooting it hoping it would go inn instead of knowing it would. He also forced some shots that he would not normally take just so he can show the coaches he is not a bad player due to his bad play. A lot of the shots he missed in summer league, he would make the exact same shot in college, had nothing due to with the defender or anything just missed shots he is used to making and he got very frustrated which led him to miss a lot of shots IMO. I think he is a good player.

EDIT: i assume when you were talking about his NBA time on the court you meant summer league, he has about 3 minutes of PT in the NBA right now

Strummer
11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Excellent article by Mark Montieth on Mile's and OJ's D League adventure. Quotes from the Mad Ants coach and Mel Daniels. Sounds like it was a positive experience for both of them. And it sounds like they actually got some coaching, I wasn't sure how much of that would happen over a weekend stint.

Here's a Mel Daniels quote to whet your appetite.

Longtime Pacers scout Mel Daniels drove up to watch Sunday's game, and came away most impressed with Plumlee.

"He runs well, and he has a good feel on the (low-post) block," Daniels said. "His problem is that he thinks rather than reacts, so it causes him to seem a little slow and not be as explosive as he should be. I think those things will come in time. He needs to be shown how to be efficient in the interior, by using his body and using his legs to help him rebound."

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/d-doesnt-stand-demotion

naptownmenace
11-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I really loved this quote from the coach of the Mad Ants:

“I think this was a great experience for both of them,” Ants coach Duane Ticknor said. “They were happy to be here; they were glad to get back on the court. We’ll welcome them when they come back again.”

There's nothing better than a "You'll be back" from a minor league coach to keep you motivated. :laugh:

BRushWithDeath
11-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, he's already proven the majority of Pacer's Digest wrong. Even if they won't admit it.

I'm not sure 16 total minutes of garbage time have proven much of anything.

11-28-2012, 08:34 PM
I was expecting to see Hibbert's name.

11-28-2012, 08:36 PM
About time.

No worries.

It's normal for 24 year old 1st round picks to go to d-league. We don't want to stunt his growth by rushing him. Be patient, he'll be ready by the age of 30.

shags
11-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Unless there is any intention to play them, I see no need to recall them. I'd rather have them play 25mpg with the Mad Ants rather than sitting at the end of the bench.

A lot of teams like to take rookies who aren't playing on long road trips just so they get acclimated to the travel of the NBA. They feel that's just as productive as playing in the D-League.

CableKC
11-28-2012, 10:37 PM
A lot of teams like to take rookies who aren't playing on long road trips just so they get acclimated to the travel of the NBA. They feel that's just as productive as playing in the D-League.
I'm sure that there is some valid reason to do that.....but IMHO....Miles and OJ have plenty of time to get used to the travel over the next couple of months....I prefer that they get the coaching and playing time so that they get confidence as opposed to sitting at the end of the bench on a long road trip.

spazzxb
11-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm sure that there is some valid reason to do that.....but IMHO....Miles and OJ have plenty of time to get used to the travel over the next couple of months....I prefer that they get the coaching and playing time so that they get confidence as opposed to sitting at the end of the bench on a long road trip.

We have three days off. I am sure there will be practices. Beyond there own development working with our coaches, the other guys need people to play against in practice.

J7F
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM

I never said that he excited me... But he doesn't make me want to jump off a bridge like some on here...

And the only thing I've seen excite you is when the Pacers are struggling in any way shape or form...

gummy
12-12-2012, 06:11 PM

You can grow longer arms through hard work? ;)

Sorry, had to go there.