PDA

View Full Version : Pacers/Wizards postgame thread.

vnzla81
11-19-2012, 09:33 PM
No reason to make it that close, thanks god it was the Wizards, any other team and is game over for the Pacers, they still have a lot of work to do.

Go pacers!!!

vnzla81
11-19-2012, 09:37 PM
And also the Wizards coach sucks, how that guy plays Vesely for that long instead of Okafor?

Eleazar
11-19-2012, 09:38 PM
It was a good birthday present, much better than the one the Pacers gave me back in 04.

LoneGranger33
11-19-2012, 09:38 PM
What happened to Lance Stephenson in the second half?

Trader Joe
11-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Meh. Win on Wednesday and Friday if you want to impress me.

Trophy
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
A win is a win and I'm thrilled we got it. We pounded it inside as Roy and DWest had great games. That's something we need to keep doing every game. Look inside to those two.

However, there is no reason a 20 point lead should've completely vanished like it did tonight in a matter of one quarter. The starters built up a huge lead, then sit down to rest and the bench completely blows it. Green, who was not in that 3rd quarter bench lineup, had a nice game tonight. Ian and DJ looked horrible.

Nonetheless, we won the game and I'm very happy to see Roy looking like himself again. Hopefully this motivates him and gets him going as the season progresses.

HOOPFANATIC
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Green,Ian,DJ 30 mil total=15pts 4rebs 2ast 2blks against the wizards bench ugh.

DemonHunter1105
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't get why we signed DJ. Not because I think he is terrible, but because we will not use him to his strengths.

More often than not he brings the ball up the court, dribbles away until the shot clock is at 12 or less a the top of the arc, then posts up Tyler or Mahinmi 20 ft from the basket. How the heck is that putting DJ in a position to succeed much less the entire team. When he is in the game, we need players moving and I would prefer he keep the ball more often than passing to a big close to the 3pt line.

This is the singular thing that is driving me absolutely nuts. I know DJ is not as bad as his stats indicate and it is not remotely his fault. He is just following the gameplan from Vogel. This plus some of the rotations he has had or not putting guys back into the game that were doing well earlier. I understand we do not have the most talented team in the NBA, but use them to their strengths for the love of God.

Other than that, good W and nice play by Westy and Big Roy.

boombaby1987
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Seriously, did Lance do something?

LoneGranger33
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Green,Ian,DJ 30 mil total=15pts 4rebs 2ast 2blks against the wizards bench ugh.

18 points (4-18 shooting), 12 rebs, 7 ast, 5 TOs from our starting backcourt was much, much worse in my mind.

Trophy
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM

You can only beat who's on the court...

Nuntius
11-19-2012, 09:50 PM
It was a good birthday present, much better than the one the Pacers gave me back in 04.

Happy birthday :)

LoneGranger33
11-19-2012, 09:50 PM

http://mokellyreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/brawl.jpg

Pacers think outside the box.

DonSwanson
11-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm very happy for Roy Hibbert tonight.

Trophy
11-19-2012, 09:52 PM
http://mokellyreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/brawl.jpg

Pacers thought outside the box.

I can't speak for Artest though.

CableKC
11-19-2012, 10:05 PM
As many have mentioned....a win is a win. But...unfortunately...I have to agree with u.....beat a craptacular team like the Wizards....great...but not really impressive. Start playing and winning consistently against teams we should beat, be competitive against elite teams and I'll be impressed.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
11-19-2012, 11:00 PM
If this was a loss this thread would be 4 pages long already. Just sayin'.....

Roy and Dwest looked good. Is Roy coming out of his funk? Hopefully!

Pacerized
11-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Roy and West looked really good out there tonight. I hope this lifts Roy's confidence for the next game and that starts a pattern.
I don't think I'll stop complaining about these bench moves until Ian expires in 4 years though.

rock747
11-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Roy and West looked really good out there tonight. I hope this lifts Roy's confidence for the next game and that starts a pattern.
I don't think I'll stop complaining about these bench moves until Ian expires in 4 years though.

Same here. It's going to take me a while to get over the bench.

clownskull
11-19-2012, 11:41 PM
as has been said, a win is still a win. however, beating a team as awful as the wiz (and almost blowing by playing almost as bad) doesn't give me much confidence right now.
it was nice to see roy break out of his shell and play like is worthy of the money he is making. and the monster game by west was both nice and totally necessary to sqeak out the win.
as it stands, the wiz are likely the worst team in the league with wall and nene out. the pacers had them beat by 20 points and damn near lost that lead in the 2nd half.
the pacers are very far from fine right now and although they did win putting them 2 under .500, they won't win against better competition (every other team) playing as sloppy as the did.
they must be very, very close to leading the league in turnovers among other negative statistics.
while having a 'true' p.g. might help some, hill isn't the only guy making careless, sloppy passes- he has had plenty of help so far this year.
so, a win is nice but, we don't get to play these guys every night.

Kuq_e_Zi91
11-19-2012, 11:52 PM

I don't think the coaching staff was happy with his attempt at a behind-the-back pass on a semi-fastbreak, when he didn't have numbers, and which led to a turnover. Then he followed that by two (?) quick fouls on the other end and losing his head.

They still look shaky out there, and it's hard to draw many positives from this game, but it was a much needed win. Lose this game and things could have been much worse, both in the fan base and in the locker room.

graphic-er
11-20-2012, 12:28 AM
I do not know why everyone is such a downer on Ian Mahinmi. He is exactly what he was in Dallas. Scores a few buckets, grabs a handful of rebounds in about 10-15 minutes. Just like every other back up Center in the NBA.

The 2nd unit's biggest problem is Vogel. He does not unleash their athletic ability. He expects them to play the same system as the starters.

clownskull
11-20-2012, 12:56 AM
I do not know why everyone is such a downer on Ian Mahinmi. He is exactly what he was in Dallas. Scores a few buckets, grabs a handful of rebounds in about 10-15 minutes. Just like every other back up Center in the NBA.

The 2nd unit's biggest problem is Vogel. He does not unleash their athletic ability. He expects them to play the same system as the starters.

well not quite exactly- in dallas he had a nice 55 or so % fg. shooting
here- he isn't even cracking 40% i suppose one of the things that bugs me most is the money he is getting and the fact he got a 4 year deal too.
i hoped ian was going to be a solid upgrade over lou. we are paying him to be that guy. thus far- he looks like an overpriced solomon jones.
and we could have had solo for much, much less on a 1 year deal too.
i am pulling for ian. i hope he can get it together and be a more positive force for the pacers. thing is though, i just am not convinced he is going to improve as a player and fear that this is all he will ever be.

Heisenberg
11-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Ian was shooting like 46% 3 days ago. Two straight bad shooting nights will have that effect on a FG% when you're a backup that shoots 3.5 times a game on average.

I like him. He's just inconsistent as all hell. One night he's really active, knocking down that 18 footer like he's David West, next night he can't catch the ball.

He was always a project. He's made strides every year he's been in the league. I don't KNOW that he'll get better, but I think he will because he has every step of the way. And if people are going to complain about the contract I don't know what to tell you, look at the money athletic 26 year old 7 footers get. Maybe it'll be a bad investment long term, maybe he'll put his immense physical tools together and by the midpoint of next season he's looking like a steal. Either way, throwing any of the new guys in with DJ is an insult. He's the only one that's been undeniably a failure and he's also the one that result surprises me the most about. I was really pumped about that signing.

Trader Joe
11-20-2012, 01:14 AM
A win is a win and I'm thrilled we got it. We pounded it inside as Roy and DWest had great games. That's something we need to keep doing every game. Look inside to those two.

No offense, but can we stop acting like they haven't tried to get Roy touches? He has been getting 10+ shots pretty much every game. He just hasn't been delivering. So clearly the team's strategy is to get him the ball.

Trader Joe
11-20-2012, 01:16 AM

Ok, tongiht we beat a team with 0 wins. Yay. I'm happy we won, but I really can't take anything positive away from this game other than a win. Didn't we all expect a win, even with how bad we've been? I mean AJ price is their starting PG for crying out loud.

Goyle
11-20-2012, 01:20 AM

Yeah he turned the ball over. He's not allowed to do that or he can't play the rest of the game.

I loved Sam's hustle and effort on the defensive end, but man we really could've used Lance in there at SOME point in the second half to spark the offense.

greyhound80
11-20-2012, 03:21 AM
No offense, but can we stop acting like they haven't tried to get Roy touches? He has been getting 10+ shots pretty much every game. He just hasn't been delivering. So clearly the team's strategy is to get him the ball.

Exactly! I DO NOT want to see us standing around watching Roy "work" in the post. He cannot score against anyone decent guarding him.

Pacertron
11-20-2012, 04:02 AM
Exactly! I DO NOT want to see us standing around watching Roy "work" in the post. He cannot score against anyone decent guarding him.

Yeah, at this point when we throw it into Roy I cringe a lot. Any sort of defensive pressure and he either loses the ball or rushes the shot. Lacking confidence. Even with JO, when we fed the post to him it made the offense stagnant...and at this point, Roy is no JO in the post.

D-BONE
11-20-2012, 04:44 AM
We have to be near the bottom of the league in terms of overall guard grouping in the league. Only thing probably keeping us afloat over a few teams is the experience level. Production and consistency are not on the radar to this point. If Hill has a poor game, you basically get zilch from the backcourt.

Loved West, glad to see Roy have some success, and happy we didn't complete what would have been one of the most demoralizing choke jobs in history. Yes a win is a win, but this is far from a confidence inspiring victory for me. Like aspects of what Lance & Sam bring to the table, but not sure either of them should be encouraged to fire from 3 pt range often. Maybe over time they'll prove that view wrong?

BillS
11-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Ok, tongiht we beat a team with 0 wins. Yay. I'm happy we won, but I really can't take anything positive away from this game other than a win. Didn't we all expect a win, even with how bad we've been? I mean AJ price is their starting PG for crying out loud.

In all seriousness, you don't have a foundation at all unless you beat the teams you are supposed to beat. Add to that the "nothing to lose" desperation of a team that remains winless and this was a fairly dangerous scenario. I'm pleased that we got through it, showed some quick decision making in 2 out of the 4 quarters, and that it was a way to get Roy a foothold on coming out of his funk.

Playing low end teams is like free throws - yeah, they are easy but you still got to make 'em, and when you do it can sometimes get you back in rhythm in other ways.

That is in no way saying some sort of over-the-top optimism based on the win, but don't lose sight of how important a win is at this stage, either.

Let's see what comes out tonight.