PDA

View Full Version : Bynum injures knee while playing bowling few days ago/ Maybe out for the year?

vnzla81
11-18-2012, 12:46 AM
How can somebody be this stupid?

@Chris_Broussard: Sources tell @WindhorstESPN & myself that Andrew Bynum hurt his left knee a few days ago while bowling.

@WindhorstESPN: Sixers fear Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, multiple sources told ESPN. Story link coming.

aamcguy
11-18-2012, 12:47 AM

@Chris_Broussard: Sources tell @WindhorstESPN & myself that Andrew Bynum hurt his left knee a few days ago while bowling.

@WindhorstESPN: Sixers fear Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, multiple sources told ESPN. Story link coming.

Gives something for Iguodala to laugh about after that Spurs trouncing the Nuggs just endured

Heisenberg
11-18-2012, 12:49 AM
We really gonna bash him for bowling? I mean, it's bowling. Unless the team docs basically told him "do nothing at all except generally walk around" can you really blame him? IT'S BOWLING!

aamcguy
11-18-2012, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y5fm7QPA9zY

wintermute
11-18-2012, 01:42 AM
We really gonna bash him for bowling? I mean, it's bowling. Unless the team docs basically told him "do nothing at all except generally walk around" can you really blame him? IT'S BOWLING!

I think it says more about the state of his knees that he can injure himself bowling. I'm thinking the Sixers got sold damaged goods. And the Lakers actually got Dwight Howard for him :mad:

Here's the full article by Windhorst:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8647489/sources-andrew-bynum-philadelphia-76ers-suffered-setback-bowling

Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."

Weakened cartilage... doesn't bode well for the future. Same sort of long term concerns we have with Danny's injury.

Diamond Dave
11-18-2012, 02:00 AM
What a joke this is turning out to be. All the more reason it is upsetting that Roy is playing terribly. Would've definitely secured an All-Star spot. Damn

Eleazar
11-18-2012, 02:12 AM
This might seem cruel, but this is just hilarious. Bowling seriously. How did he ever pass the physical?

vnzla81
11-18-2012, 02:19 AM
@CardboardGerald: RT @Marco_Romo: Gif of how Andrew Bynum really got hurt. http://t.co/Lp2j16iI

dal9
11-18-2012, 03:03 AM
Bowling out your knee is nothing to joke about

BlueNGold
11-18-2012, 08:31 AM
I think we've already seen the best of Andrew Bynum. I'm having JO flashbacks.

BlueNGold
11-18-2012, 08:35 AM
What a joke this is turning out to be. All the more reason it is upsetting that Roy is playing terribly. Would've definitely secured an All-Star spot. Damn

The problem has been the offensive system, not Roy. They will fix and adjust this and Roy will start playing better.

Kid Minneapolis
11-18-2012, 09:28 AM
I was never sold on this guy.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OlBlu
11-18-2012, 11:36 AM

That seems logical to me. I can't imagine they want him to give up everything. He could have injured it walking up a step in his home. Would that mean he is stupid? The sixers are playing pretty well without him and they will be better when he gets healthy...:cool:

OlBlu
11-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I was never sold on this guy.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am sold that he is the second best center in the entire NBA and he is still young..... He will sell you more when the Pacers have to play against the Sixers and him.....:cool:

BlueNGold
11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
I am sold that he is the second best center in the entire NBA and he is still young..... He will sell you more when the Pacers have to play against the Sixers and him.....:cool:

His knees are not young. Bad knees and basketball do not mix. We have seen the best of Andrew Bynum.

Steagles
11-18-2012, 12:51 PM
...And the Nuggets keep laughing at everyone else who lost that trade.

James088
11-18-2012, 03:29 PM
...And the Nuggets keep laughing at everyone else who lost that trade.

And why exactly are the Nuggets laughing when they have a worst record out of all the 4 teams involved in the trade?

AesopRockOn
11-18-2012, 03:48 PM

My understanding is that they did away with the center position on the All Star ballots so centers in the league have to actually earn their spots on the team.

clownskull
11-18-2012, 05:45 PM
even though roy has been crap so far this season, i am glad we don't have bynum. when healthy, he is better than roy no doubt. but, he is not healthy very often and he is young. that won't always be the case and his knees aren't getting better.

vnzla81
11-18-2012, 06:17 PM

Averaging 12 and 8? I don't think so, Noah, Chandler, Varejao(yes the Varejao TraderJoe made fun of me for) are better centers and are having a better season than Roy even if you compare them to last year Roy's numbers.

vnzla81
11-18-2012, 08:07 PM
@JeffZillgitt: Should be noted that Andrew Bynum also said of injuring knee while bowling: "Itís not more than anything Iíve done in my rehab."

vnzla81
11-18-2012, 10:48 PM
@johnschuhmann: !!! RT @GotEm_Coach EVIDENCE: Andrew Bynum hurts his knee bowling [gif]: http://t.co/CjfatHUv

vnzla81
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM
HoopsHype ‏@hoopshype
Rumors: Andrew Bynum done for season? http://bit.ly/vIcV9Q
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

Damn.

Trader Joe
11-21-2012, 12:31 PM

Some of us tried to tell you he was this dumb.

Trader Joe
11-21-2012, 12:32 PM

So you're a pro athlete making millions of dollars and your knees are balky, you really would go bowliing?

Trader Joe
11-21-2012, 12:34 PM
That seems logical to me. I can't imagine they want him to give up everything. He could have injured it walking up a step in his home. Would that mean he is stupid? The sixers are playing pretty well without him and they will be better when he gets healthy...:cool:

Yes, he could have but, bowling of all the things it could hurt, the knees are actually the most likely. Think about how knee injuries usually happen, sudden stopping of forward momentum, ala D-Rose last year, you actually do do that in bowling.

Trader Joe
11-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Also, the Big Lebowski Bynum Gif is just fantastic, well done internet.

Sandman21
11-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Is it just me, or are there a higher number of knee injuries occuring this year? It seems like every G2 email I write, I mention a key player for an opposing team who is out with a knee injury....

Eddie Gill
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Also, the Big Lebowski Bynum Gif is just fantastic, well done internet.

Agreed, but if the "Big Lebowski" doesn't stick as his nickname for the duration of his career, the internet needs to be fired.

Eleazar
11-21-2012, 01:17 PM
@JeffZillgitt: Should be noted that Andrew Bynum also said of injuring knee while bowling: "Itís not more than anything Iíve done in my rehab."

Which is why it is funny.

PacersHomer
11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qjFPj.gif

vnzla81
11-21-2012, 06:27 PM
It makes sense as long as they don't give him some crazy contract for a crazy long time.

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
Did Sixers make a mistake dealing for Bynum? Consensus among several GMs is... http://sulia.com/my_thoughts/f1225e63-056d-4e7b-952c-c278869488f4/?source=twitter Ö

Did Sixers make a mistake dealing for Bynum? Consensus among several GMs is...
No. The logic: they dealt an aging SF for a young C who still has the potential to be the best big man in the Eastern Conference. Every deal is risky, but that was a worthwhile gamble. Re-signing him, especially if he's out for the year, could be tricky, but it opens the door for what one GM called a "Steph Curry" discount. The interesting wrinkle is whether the Rockets, in their endless pursuit of pilfering players on the FA market, will put a max offer out there to force the Sixers' hand to spend big -- or bigger than they'd like -- or let him go. Remember when Tyson Chandler's career supposedly was over? That was a championship ring and another $60-plus million contract ago; and Bynum has far more skill than Chandler. As for getting hurt bowling, GMs don't see a problem with that; he was truthful about how he got hurt, he wasn't doing anything nefarious and it's reasonable to believe Bynum didn't think he was risking injury by bowling.

Pacerized
11-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Sadly, I think even if he doesn't play at all this year he'll get a max deal. I never thought Hibbert would get what he did but it happened. Won't Portland still have the cap space to make a max offer next summer? If not Houston or someone will make the offer.

HeliumFear
11-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Karma.

clownskull
11-26-2012, 07:07 PM
well, as of now- bynum is out indefinitely. he may still get a max deal but i wouldn't pay it.
talent is there but, the head and body are extremely suspect.

naptownmenace
11-27-2012, 11:15 AM
His knees are not young. Bad knees and basketball do not mix. We have seen the best of Andrew Bynum.

Pacers fans have seen this before with JO. If anyone pays him a max contract, they will regret it.

LG33
11-27-2012, 11:23 AM
On the bright side, now he can park in a handicap space with no fear of internet reprisal.

imawhat
11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
I was going to post that but didn't know if anyone outside of LA would get it.