PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McHale to take a leave of absence from the Rockets(Kelvin Sampson Interim coach)

Basketball Fan
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I didn't even know Kelvin was with the Rockets I thought he was with the Bucks

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/10/kevin-mchale-to-take-immediate-leave-of-absence-from-rockets/

Kevin McHale to take immediate leave of absence from Rockets

Kevin McHale will be taking a leave of absence from the team effective immediately, according to a team release.

The absence is family-related, which always makes these types of situations that much more sensitive.

From the official release:

Houston Rockets Head Coach Kevin McHale will be taking an immediate leave of absence from the team to attend to a personal family matter. Assistant Coach Kelvin Sampson will handle head coaching duties during McHale’s time away. No return date has been set for McHale at this time.

“Kevin is a devoted family man who is needed back home in Minnesota at the moment,” said Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey. “The Rockets organization will keep Kevin and his family in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.”

The Rockets have been a lot more interesting to watch in the early stages of the season, thanks mainly to the trade that brought James Harden to town to play alongside offseason acquisition Jeremy Lin in the team’s backcourt. Houston currently sits at 2-3 in the Southwest Division standings.

We join the Rockets organization in sending nothing but positive wishes out to McHale and his family.

Mad-Mad-Mario
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
I officially hate the rockets now.

Sparhawk
11-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I officially hate the rockets now.

True, but first, my prayers go to McHale's family.

Steagles
11-10-2012, 11:06 PM
All good thoughts for McHale. **** you, Kelvin Sampson.

clownskull
11-10-2012, 11:19 PM
All good thoughts for McHale. **** you, Kelvin Sampson.

AMEN to that!

DangerGranger3pointranger
11-10-2012, 11:26 PM
True, but first, my prayers go to McHale's family.

Yeah, best wishes to the McHale's

Sandman21
11-11-2012, 04:50 AM
While I don't want to see this happen to the McHale family, there is an part of me that hopes CellPhone is still the interim head coach when Houston is here on Jan 18.....:devil:

Johanvil
11-11-2012, 07:54 AM
May i ask why you hate him?

Heisenberg
11-11-2012, 07:59 AM
He coached at IU and brought them major NCAA sanctions.

Because he made too many cell phone calls to recruits.

Steagles
11-11-2012, 08:39 AM

He destroyed the Indiana basketball program. It's finally back to prominence now but it took a while.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

Basketball Fan
11-11-2012, 10:50 AM

If he just sprang for unlimited minutes this wouldn't have been and issue:D

OlBlu
11-11-2012, 06:31 PM
He destroyed the Indiana basketball program. It's finally back to prominence now but it took a while.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

He didn't destroy the Indiana basketball program. Miles Brand did that.....:cool:

OlBlu
11-11-2012, 06:32 PM

And none of his players bothered to attend classes either.....:cool:

Bball
11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
So, what is the family/personal reason for McHale's absence?

Shade
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Did Sampson break this news to the media via call or text?

Major Cold
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
And none of his players bothered to attend classes either.....:cool:
Yes HIS players. He and the AD decimated the basketball program, and IU fans should:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SHoNWwhzh3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Basketball Fan
11-12-2012, 11:04 AM
So, what is the family/personal reason for McHale's absence?

His daughter is ill with what nobody knows

TinManJoshua
11-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Did Sampson break this news to the media via call or text?

Don't look at me, I just held the cell phone.

Edit: this joke hits close to home with me, as Rob Senderoff is currently the head coach at Kent St. In case anyone was curious where that weasel landed.

Basketball Fan
11-25-2012, 04:22 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-mchales-daughter-dies-22-181724675--nba.html

Kevin McHale's daughter dies at 22

HOUSTON (AP) -- The daughter of Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale has died at 22.

The death of Alexandra ''Sasha'' McHale was announced by the team Sunday. No other details were released.
Kevin McHale has been on leave since Nov. 10 to deal with what the team called a personal family matter.

Team owner Leslie Alexander said in a statement that he extends his ''deepest condolences'' over the loss of the McHales' ''beautiful daughter.'' He called Kevin and wife Lynn ''loving and dedicated parents who will need our continued support throughout this very difficult time.'' He said the ''entire organization is mourning.''

Kelvin Sampson has been the interim coach. There is no timetable for Kevin McHale's return.

xtacy
11-25-2012, 05:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-mchales-daughter-dies-22-181724675--nba.html

a person so young dying. sad beyond belief. my condolences to him and his family.

Johanvil
11-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Can't even begin to realize how much painful is for a father to lose his child.Really hope they find strength to cope with that pain.My condolences to the whole family.